Will Monster Hunter ever be a thing outside of Japan?

Will Monster Hunter ever be a thing outside of Japan?

It already is.

4U was the biggest entry outside of Japan yet.

if you're a big guy

aren't they making a movie, here in the us

>tfw no mhgenerations on vita

Not as long as Gunlance exists. It is subpar DPS that doesn't fit the current meta. Remember to do your duty and remove all Gunlance users from your hubs for being shitters.

honestly I hope not.

The popularity its already gotten here in the west in recent years has turned the community to fucking shit

back in the days when playing online meant setting up xlink kai/adhoc party, whoever you partied with was serious about MH and thus wasn't a shitter.

Now that its "accessible" its full of fucking children and retards who join a room, spam their quest that they want to do and then leave as soon as its completed.

90% of rooms are key spams, and god forbid you need an urgent done because nobody is going to join for it because MH still requires you to host your own urgent to get credit for it (and now for villager requests too).

I miss the days of being able to join a room and hunt with the same random people for hours on end, even if they weren't always good at least they were respectful and would take turns posting quests. Now you're lucky if a room lasts 2+ quests before it dies.

Fuck this "wider audience" bullshit, MH was infinitely better to play with people when only the hardcore fans knew about it

>its TA times are about 4 minutes behind the most broken weapons in the game, while everything else is 2 or 3 minutes behind the most broken weapons

Yeah, sure, okay, good luck with that.

>back in the days when playing online meant setting up xlink kai/adhoc party
>He never played the original MH kek

>He isn't a solo hunter

youre not missing much dude

>wahhh b-b-but shitters
no ones forcing to join their rooms, do their quests, nor is anyone or anything forcing you to not kick them

so, with that said... git gud

>Tfw I have friends to play MH with and they're not shitters
Sucks for you senpai

>no G rank
>most monsters are pretty much piss easy
>even teo's nukes aren't much of a threat, unless you happen to be a retard with negative fire res with a stacking skill fucking gore armor wearing shitters in 4U, god damn
>elder dragon armor and weapons suck ass

wish you could play 4U, its much better

[Sep, 2004] PS2 Monster Hunter (Capcom) < 20,000
[May, 2006] PSP Monster Hunter Freedom (Capcom) < 20,000
[Aug, 2007] PSP Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (Capcom) - I don't have data for this title.
[Jun, 2009] PSP Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (Capcom) - 68,768
[Apr, 2010] WIU Monster Hunter 3 Tri (Capcom) - 126,000
[Mar, 2013] 3DS + WIU Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcom) < 130,000
[Feb, 2015] 3DS Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Capcom) < 195,000 (290,000 including digital sales)
[Jul, 2016] 3DS Monster Hunter Generations (Capcom) > 165,000

>he doesn't fight monsters 1v1 like a man
Git gud

Compare to this

This is just for NA, right?

NPD for NA yes.

>Have a group of friends that play together
>One day in 4U I'm duo-ing with a friend
>He doesn't put a pass up
>Make a passing joke about someone running in and saying "Urgent Plz"
>He says it'll be the Uka G Urgent too
>Have a giggle
>Not 5 minutes later someone runs in, posts the Uka, and says "Urgent Plz"

Even with friends you aren't 100% safe from the shitter menace.

>tfw MH will never have a mainline installment on a home console ever again
The 3DS's screen feels so fucking cramped with all the UI elements. I'd kill for something like the WiiU version of 3U again

I hope they learned to not give the first games to the west anymore.

generations is a spin off not a mainline title

or the Portable version rather

X was basically Portable 4th

We've gotten the G games the last few games and now the West has their expectations

Who cares? If it has no g-rank don't release it in the west.

Change your interface layout and move the map to the lower screen. Makes a big difference.

How do you know what will happen in 5-10 years time?

Generations is not a spin-off. It's a one-off, but it is also mainline. It is the third entry of Gen 4, and either the next entry will be a port, or it will be MH5.

Frontier is garbage and not mainline

seriously this.
I got bored after 80 hours of play. I didn't pass rank 7
and I played the shit out of 4U and 3U. Generations is boring as fuck

That's not the point. The point is how do you know what will happen in 5-10 years time? Or even sooner that that.

No cause Americans fucking suck and want their life to be basic and catered to

Yeah, I hope they stick to only releasing the G games in the west. They can get away with the yearly releases in Japan since they'll always buy it, but not so much over here.

It just seems like the most logical conclusion to me as MH games always sell better on handhelds. There's also the fact that PC and consoles have been Frontier territory for a while now. If Capcom were to release a mainline MH game on them, they'd risk losing their Frontier subscription shekels

Honestly any new feature has to be tested for one game before they give it to us.

I want to ride Tama