Play old video game I loved as a child

>Play old video game I loved as a child
>Its shit now
>Ruin happy memories

God damn it Cred Forums. Maybe old games are not really better than modern games after all. Its all nostalgia goggles.

Ever had a similar experience?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C84jZ_OcIhc
youtube.com/watch?v=MPOY7Ua22wQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>play a game I played as a child
>it holds up better than more modern games and my older self appreciates even more than I did as a child

Brave Fencer Musashi is unplayable trash now. Loved it when it came out but now its slow as fuck and the combat sucks ass.

Fun fact - the Greatest hits version of Jet Moto 2 had all the stages unlocked.

Never thought I'd see anyone on Cred Forums that actually played Jet Moto 2...man what a god awful game

Luckily I enjoy most of the games I replay. Only bad ones of recent were Boogerman and Gauntlet Dark Legacy

Ninja Gaiden?

>reinstall Monster Truck Madness 2
>install all the community patches, beta patch, FIXMORE4.POD... fucking everything
>set resolution to 1920x1080, something the old engine could never handle, set drawdistance to 120 chunks, rendering most of the map all at once
>it all looks good but for some reason it doesnt play the way i remember
WHY

Definitely worse than I remembered

Who was the lady character with the yellow jumpsuit from this series? She gave me a stiffy

>Ever had a similar experience?

Played the shit out of that but haven't in forever. I tried playing Waverace 64 a couple weeks ago and it was shit so I assume jet moto will be like that. I feel like coolboarders and honestly most ps1 non rpg games aren't going to hold up well.

It wasn't too bad. Maybe you guys need to practice using those purple lightning rods to make those turns.
Some maps are terrible, while others are amazing, like that heaven and hell track.

Shinobi 3

It's slowly gotten cringier (I hate that word) as time has passed. Especially the math dude.

1st one is better but I respect that. They both hold up extremely well though.

The extra week is still great

Music still amazing.

Moto Racer is still a pretty good game though

PLEASE NO user.

20 years ago I would've lost my shit if someone said that Bubsy 2 was a bad game.
Bubsy 2 is a fucking awful game

why not? it was a decently popular game if you had PS1

Mah nigga, went through the same thing. Shinobi 3 is the shit.

Legend of Dragoon. Is a lot more simple and shallow than I remember. Still fun though.

Is it really that bad? I was thinking of emulating that game some time for nostalgia.

>jet moto 2

I fucking LOVED that game as a kid. Played it with my siblings all the time.

The music is still god tier to this day.

youtube.com/watch?v=C84jZ_OcIhc

youtube.com/watch?v=MPOY7Ua22wQ

Dungeon Keeper 2. I still like it, but the game is really broken on a few fundamental levels.