Has steam's refund policy eternally fucked up vidya games?

Has steam's refund policy eternally fucked up vidya games?

At first it seemed magnificent, but now it seems like all games are geared towards 2 hours of decent content and then doont give a shit about the rest of the game.

No. You're talking a load of nonsense.

What? That's retarded. You have no idea what you're saying, and if you believe that you're a gigantic twat

What a load of hoarse shit.

Not really.

But I do think it hurts shorter games though.

>buy SUPERHOT
>beat it in 1h45m
>refund to wallet
>buy Phantom Pain on sale

Good games are still good.

Shit games try to not be shit for 2hours, but the thinly veiled attempt is easily seen through.

Consumers still benefit immensely and the world keeps turning.

fpbp
Take a long walk off a short pier OP

Why didn't you just pirate SUPERHOT

>a niche part of the gaming market is affecting all games ever produced

this is how retarded you sound OP

games are geared towards 2 hours of decent content and garbage after because the people making the games are stupid and greenlight is like a loose whore

>Steam refund policy doesn't hurt anyone.
>Purchased/Beat Super Hot and had a blast.
>But alas, I only had 1.75hrs of fun.
>I guess I have to refund it.
>There's really nothing that could be done. >What a shame.

Those short games were shit then. I bought plenty of short games for example shoot em ups that you can "beat" in 30 minutes and then spent anywhere from 30 to 100 hours on them.

I generally don't pirate games.
I heard from multiple people IRL say it was good.
Decided to see for myself, saw it was way too short to justify $20 and refunded.

Only game I really pirated and for good reason, is A-Train 9.

that's how games have always been

don't buy shit games, and if you are making wild gambles keep the 2 hour refund limit in mind

it's really unlikely that a developer interested in frontloading the first two hours of his game with good content at the expense of the rest of the game is going to be pulling a ruse like that off effectively

This is some grade-A delusion.

Next time you will blame gaben for rise of sandwich sales.

I haven't noticed anything like that at all.

Infact, these jews have gotten me good with their refund bullshit so far.

Bought a few games I otherwise wouldn't of without some possibility of being able to return them, and ended up really liking them.

I don't even like fun video games

>implying frontloading the good stuff is anything even relatively new

It's all based on playtest time. The early hours tend to be the best in most cases because they get playtested and polished the most compared to later sections, and the general apathy of the average gamer means that loads of players won't even bother playing long enough to see the bad parts near the end. This has been the case for decades.

This to be desu.

The refund policy is great. I recently got an approved refund on a game I spent $50 on and had 3 hours played.

Are movies shit because they are shorter than 2 hours?

I am not saying games have to be movies but it's just bad for the medium as a whole if we have such arbitrary restrictions on what makes it good and what doesn't.

Well I mean sure if you're into games that are more about the "experience" than mechanics then things like depth and replayability aren't as important. But from what I understand Superhot is not like that, and is mostly focused on gameplay. Either way though if you don't feel like you might want to revisit a game after playing and/or support the devs then chances are you didn't really love the game to begin with.

Movies have no replay value unless it's the kinda thing where it requires deep analysis, and those aren't numerous.

Games that can't hold up for more than 2 hours are generally really short snd boring games that would overstay their welcome by being any longer.

We had a name for those kinda games, that were usually made using similar technology - flash games.

And they all used to be free.

So ir anything refund policy is fixing something back to it's original state.

You're dumb OP. Sorry.

Also, it doesn't hurt short games either. If I feel like the game is worth the money, I'm not gonna refund it, as I'll probably want to play it again someday. This is how most people think.

The only people hurt by the refund policy are people making shitty games. As they should be.