Biggest Overwatch World Tournament in history

>Biggest Overwatch World Tournament in history
>Only 15,000 viewers on Twitch

Holy shit, I didn't think it got this bad
This game is seriously dead. What went so wrong?

It's a boring as shit game to watch. Blizzard games make for lousy e-sports, I don't know how fucking hearthstone has so many viewers.

It's all about team coordination more than personal theatrics. aka, it's fun to play but not to watch

Hearthstone is incredibly slow and retardedly simple, so even mongoloids can understand what is going on, and their favorite streamers can talk about whatever the fuck, since they don't have to focus on the game.

NO FUCKING UPDATES
OR AT LEAST SNAIL PACE

AND WORSE OF ALL THE RANKED SYSTEM IS RIGGED

Kinda hard to watch a schizophrenic shooter with fruity colors all over the screen. They really need a map view to hook viewers.

Not enough game modes and maps

Watching the stream and I can't even figure out what's going on with all the flashing colours everywhere.

I've never played the game but turned this on since it's somehow on TBS. God, "competitive gaming" commentary, and all of it in general, is so cringeworthy

>now lets meet the team
>"Meet SWYFT[insert generic stupid name] the heart and soul of the team!"
>picture of pasty white acne ridden guy crossing his arms and trying to look tough
>THIS IS GOING TO BE A BATTLE

Blizzard just buys it's way into the e-sports scene. Nobody actually fucking cares about their games. Activision did buy MLG.

>watching other people play video games
lmao
m
a
o

Reminder that motherfucking Plant vs Zombies did overwatch BEFORE overwatch and in better.

Where my PvZ patrician bros at?

Chill faggot the game hasn't even been out for half a year

Are you retarded? 3 of the 5 most popular esports of all time have been Blizzard titles.

What? Are you try to tell me league didn't have 500k viewers during the first few months of its launch?

Blizzard who made games like Starcraft isn't the same Blizzard today. They only have 1 of the most popular esports games today.

Okay Grandpa

It's very anecdotal but I haven't played SC2 since WoL and I still watch KR tournaments. I think it's the opposite of Overwatch in a sense, it's a great "e-sport" to watch, but not to play.

Blizzard still hosts SC2 tournaments? Why? It's the same with their HotS tournaments, who the fuck is watching these or how does Blizzard fucking rationalize dumping money on these obvious failures?

>5

Just SC, which is dead today. No one cares about WoW or HS as an esport.

>Biggest Overwatch World Tournament in history

Hurr fucking durr I thought last years was bigger

Ranked system still feels like I'm being punished for no reason. I've got my rank and I'm done playing it. It's not worth the stress.

One of the big problems with Pro Overwatch is that although the game is designed around adjusting your heroes and counterpicking the enemy team, most Pro matches end up with basically the same team comp the entire time. There's not much of a need for Pros to switch teams so every match ends up being Lucio/Zarya/Reinhardt + a handful of other heroes ad infinitum.

>previously daily threads beg for people to stop talking about Overwatch outside of /vg/ because they hate it
>now daily threads about how fewer people are talking about Overwatch because they hate it

What does it all mean?

I don't understand how the industry says OW will be the next big thing when it rarely cracks the top 5 streams on twitch. It seems like its going to be like Smite tier

have you ever considered that most people enjoy playing games rather than watching them

Out of curiosity, coming from the ANIME Fgc and smash how well do these events fair on a grassroots level? Like if you removed lot of the money from the event and made it just like a small potbonus plus the entrant portions would people still have a interest in it or nah?

Not shitposting just curious.

kr = korean
Leagues like GSL, proleague, starleague etc. Kespa cup is ongoing at the moment. Stuff is still happening in korea with starcraft it seems. I don't think Blizzard hosts anything aside for Blizzcon though.

>two european teams
>its 4am in EU

wow what a surprise

NA in fps games are always a joke

Overwatch is to FPS what Heroes of the Storm is to ASSFAGGOTS. The worst of the bunch.
But for some reason Overwatch is popular, I guess that shows the discrepancies between the people who play these genres.

There aren't enough good FPS games with MOBA elements like Overwatch.

Personally, all I want is TF2 with qwer skills and nothing else.

You're the cancer killing FPS.

Game doesn't lend itself to personal theatrics, making tournaments lack clutch moments and therefore, not fun to watch.

Paladins is more enjoyable and matches take less time. Full of kids atm who don't know how to play objective based games (and there is no tutorial) but it's still more fun than OW.

It's not enjoyable to watch. Too much shit happening at once and swapping between perspectives is disorientating when everything looks different.

it's awful to watch

High level play is exactly as entertaining to watch as low level play, that is not at all.

They need to like delay the stream and do slowmos of the fights... Or get a better view than first person/ third person

It doesn't help that Blizzard is fucking up in Korea. Shit tick rate, hackers everywhere, server issues...

People are switching back to LoL in droves.

FPS multiplayer is fucking ultimate cancer itself faggot

I hate this meme about "Thats what every le generation says!" because its true every time. Its only getting WORST.

"teamplay moba fps" turns out to be shit. In CS:GO you can get clutches or stuff. In this noskill ability vs no skill ability mess it's just coordination of OP abilities.

It has the depth of a puddle.

Okay guy who clearly doesn't enjoy video games

>Harambe just falls off the map
GG EZ GAME

this is one of the most tryhard unfunny images I've seen in a long time
>look guys Cred Forums speak do I fit in

And costs as much as a pool.

>the first tourney had less than viewers than halo 5 or street fighter 5

Only giving 300k when blizzard made 1 billion from the game. They're so lucky it came out before paladins wew lad

my man

Overwatch = Cred Forums
Paladins = 8

That's funny because I tried to watch a HS game once and didn't really understand what was happening, as you can't read the card descriptions on stream, especially not enemy cards played then disappearing in a second.

Of course I don't actually play the game so don't know all the cards inside out, and have no idea how mechanics like shaman overload works.

Game released with very little content and it's been out for several months and the only substantial content they've added is one hero and one map

Why are you guys so obsessed with seeing when videogames will "die"?
Why don't you just fucking play some?

Blizzard is gay, fuck them. Their games need to fail.

this happened

>players doing generic plays
>crowd is cheering

>mccree just flashbang>FtH a winston
>crowd goes nuts

how pleb is this crowd?

Because I hate video games and the sooner they die the better.

The audience is moving on to the next flavor of the month. As it always is with such mass-market, lowest common denominator swill.

>yfw Unreal Tournament 4 finally comes out and CRUSHES Overfad once and for all.

and yet it still BTFO's Battleturd

Yep that's about what I'd expect from Cred Forums

>world tournament
>shown early morning in EU
>shown late at night in america on friday
>no asian teams

who the fuck is supposed to watch this ?

They're cheering for AMERICA

Cred Forums has been thinking the mythical 2nd video game crash has been coming since 2012

Bc it's league worlds atm

Thank god. I fucking knew I shouldn't have bought it but I did anyway back at launch. It was a shit game.

The crowd cheering USA for a European team it's embarrassing to watch I had to close it.

RIGHT HERE BRAH.

I PLAYED THAT SHIT OUTA BOTH GARDEN WARFARE 1 AND 2. NIGGA I EVEN GOT DAT UNICORN CHOMPER MOTHERFUCKER

>I hate this meme about "Thats what every le generation says!" because its true every time. Its only getting WORST.
>getting WORST
case in point

Fixed it for you.

Why do you care so much, just play the vidya that you enjoy and ignore what you don't.

Came here to post this. Y'all niggers are dumb.

I don't think overmeme will ever reach the hype levels of the International.

Now mirror it vertical

The rest of the tournament had way more EU-friendly viewer times and also more views but they just had to put it on TV. If I wasn't a fucking idiot I'd be in bed right now, it's half past 5 for god's sake.

>all the players there are EU

christ esports fans are retarded

The attention span of gamers used to be measured in generations, then years, then quarters, now it's monthly fads.

not him but don't get it

Prove it, fagit.

Dota 2 is the greatest esport available. Blizzard will never, never touch it's success. It's all their own fault too, bunch of fucking stupid kikes let the biggest golden goose slip out of their hands years ago.

My bad.

lol

Probably not. I play OW and hate dota from a gameplay standpoint and I can agree with that.

>misfits are EU

>EnvyUs despite being american owned get all their players from EU (sweden, finland, spain, germany, etc)

Just look at their player's profiles

>Jimmy with 4 literal whos beating the best team in the world happened
That's what you get when N0lan is on your team

The way the presented it kind of sucked. I watched a bit of the semi-finals and they only gave POV of one or two characters each game.

Game is populated as fuck, will be for the foreseeable future...

>pharah

>Be excited for Overwatch
>Participate in nearly all their betas
>Pre-order the Origin edition because I actually enjoyed the beta
>Have amazing games and just had pure fun within the first 100 rounds
>Season 1
>Everyone is toxic all of a sudden
>Can't do shit about toxic players
>"Wow you suck as [insert hero], just leave."

But yeah, the game turned into a massive cess pool as soon as faggots from League rolled in.

The team is still American owned and that's what matters.

Try soloqueuing in any other game with a competitive queue and lie to my face about how it's any better, I dare you. It comes with the territory. Just add people that play well and aren't dipshits just like you would in any other game and you will be fine.

Are you dense? I didn't even compare OW to any other competitive game.

Stop being butthurt for no reason.

>compete in EU came from EU servers
>realize you can get more money in america and easier tournaments when it's online(no eu teams)
>move to NA pick up 1 american player on the way
>suddenly expect people to call them a NA team

they also have never won a LAN because they have to play against other EU teams....only online tournaments with NA teams

[MAXIMUM DAMAGE CONTROL]

>no daily reward
>barely any teaser of new hero
>hero stacking is core of game
>still no lore or story progression
>focus on seasonal skin that you cant buy with money but with RNG box

I'm just tired of fags like you whining about toxicity. Did you grow up in a bubble?
That's how it goes in online games when you put people against each other in a semi-serious context, they're going to need someone to blame, and that someone isn't going to be themselves. It's not perfect, but that's how it works, so just stop whining about it already, because that's not going to help.

>Sweden vs Sweden
Are Swedes the Asians of the western world?

You get 1500xp for winning one game a day.

There is no stacking in comp you baiting faggot

>he thinks twitch viewers means anything for any game
It matters about the people who attended the event in person, dumb ass. If you haven't noticed the game has millions of players, and will for awhile.

>this game can't even design a remotely original character

>average melee major
>100k-200k viewers
>average prize pool: 30k

>overwatch major
>15k viewers
>300k
help

Doesnt EnvyUs have a bunch of blatant aimbotters

>no daily reward
Who cares.

>barely any teaser of new hero
We don't need teasers all that much, Ana had barely a teaser and she ended up being one of the most liked characters very quickly.

>hero stacking is core of game
No it isn't.

>still no lore or story progression
This isn't a game that promotes it.

>that last one
I'll give you that.

because the biggest tournament of the year is going on

Does Super Mario Bros. even have 300 viewers right now?

Thought so. Game sucks.

>biggest tournament of the year
TI6 ended months ago

Is how good a game is doing based on how many people watch it?
I'd rather play games than watch them

So instead of encouraging others, you would rather tell them to uninstall? Lmfao, I bet you're trash.

You realize that twitch is full of idiots with no taste?

I never said anywhere I participate in the shittalk (hint: it's because I don't).

It didn't, twitch didn't even exist, however its understandable you don't know since you were 5 years old back then.

>Only 15k
>Typical Lirik stream numbers
>Didn't even beat LOL on top spot in terms of viewer count
>The last EVO championship easily got the top spot even though it's divided into multiple stream

>world tournament
That's your problem

>he wants to play games

Look at this faggot.

>>Biggest Overwatch World Tournament in history
Is the game even two years old yet? Still feels brand new. Kys OP

A game that demands full price while being based on F2P fps model with slow as fuck updates.

> No it isn't.

If it wasn't, it wouldn't be in casual.

>BUTMUHCOMPETITIVEDOE

Which shows the balance is just as shit with it off.

>1 healer and it's a Lucio episode!

Twitch is gay also errbody playing Overwatch

Sanrio Reaper skin when?

OH MY GOD HE GOT OFF OF THE POINT WHY AM I EVEN FUCKING WATCHING THIS

>using twitch as a measure of popularity

Are people actually this retarded?

LCS is everything i hate about league

How would you measure popularity then faggot boy?

Yes he is League and DOTA did not start up with massive viewer numbers.

oh man south park at it again with the cutting edge social commentary

>biggest tournament of the year for one of the most popular games in the world is happening at the very same time as a tournament for a game that's been out for literal months has more viewers
>Biggest annual fighting game tournament in history that's been running for 14 years got more viewers

Literally what is your point
Because what you're conveying to me is that it takes a hell of a lot more time for a game's competitive scene to develop than half a year, which is true
So I guess good job

The average gamer dont have $60 USD for buy Overwatch, thye just download free games of piratebay

thats even worse

its at a peak
its prime
and it barely managed 15k views

I honestly can't understand why do people on Cred Forums want this game to fail so hard? It obviously hasn't yet shitposters continue to make threads trying to claim its dead months later.

30k views actually

>most dominant team on the scene accused of hacking loses 2 out of 2 LANs

There is full coverage on TBS. Most are watching there. This is a bait thread.

>stop hacking
>get raped

Yes

>6v6 first-person superhero "thing" with low skill floor and characters have a panic button on 10s cd
>nobody viewing it

>What is youtube streaming

>toxic

Stop playing video games. I mean it. If you can't handle children being children then go do something other than playing with children's toys.

Honestly the game is a little stale after a match or two, i just like to fuck around blowing people up with junkrat. Way too many tryhards wasting their time trying to beat the matchmaking.
>more game modes
>speed round competitive, including abysmal walk speed boost
The best thing this game has going for it besides art design is its by Blizzard and they revamp their games every month basically

A game for 100,000,000 players is a tad bigger than a game for 10,000,000.

>tesla.jpg

Bait confirmed

It's the characters and the MOBA like abilities.

People seem to underestimate how far an attractive character roster can go, especially when backed up with the CGI shorts Blizzard has done and debuted OW with.

>Garden Warfare 2 has a fuckload more content than Overwatch and actually requires some aim
>Ded as fuk

Its just not fair

Overwatch is popular due to Blizzard. I think the only true flop of theirs is their MOBA/Heroes of the Storm or whatever it's called.

Overwatch is not a watchable game.

You can very easily backseat game in hearthstone.
It is slow and has a fairly low amount of moves you can make each turn so every viewer plays the game in their head while watching.

fps games are not fun to watch

Neither could Overwatch.

Overwatch is just shitty to watch, you can't tell what's happening when everyone spams their fucking ult all at once. Also the maps are boring with them all being designed in a linear fashion, not much room for players to make amazing plays outside of ult use.

Isn't all the Pro players just a bunch of Blatant Aimbotters/Hackers?
I mean shit I remember some user posting Webm's of apparently some of the Top World players right now with such Blatant Aimbotting it's ridiculous
Also he posted something about how after one of the team's members got accused of hacking that the Team it self made an article saying "H-He's just really good guys!"
Is any of this true?

>washed away anger
>not crawling in my skin

This, most of what made blizzard games so popular was the replayability the had because of custom map and game support, and now none of that is a focus.

If overwatch just had custom map support it would be far more popular.

I'm more curious about your Random Capitalization of Letters

it was on TBS

don't get me wrong, I think Overwatch is Overrated but they paid for a TV slot

>SC2 still gets 20k+ for online tournaments
>Overwatch can't even scrape together 15k

But Sc2 is the dead game.... okay...

Why would I watch someone play Overwatch when I can just play it myself?

then why isn't the prize pool 10 times as big you ding dong

Who should I main to rank down?

I'll put that right up with Linkin park, Greenday, Sandy Sheehan, Loose change, Ebonics and your Xanga/myspace page.

thats still laughable

I'm starting to find games pretty boring to watch

>This game is dead meme
>OP Doesnt believe it himself
>Past midnight in US, Early morning in Europe
>NOBODY WATCHING BOO HOOO

-Not a good game to watch.
-Retards overplayed the shit out of it. To the point of playing literally 8-10 hours the first weeks.

I play a game or two a day, that's enough for me and Ive been playing every day since launch pretty much. meanwhile the retards that played the shit out of it when it came out now got bored of it because they just played wayu to fuckign much.

>Wheee!
Tracer has just zipped into position behind you. What do you do?

By forcing a competitive scene rather then fostering one.

Every god damn online multiplayer game does this but never sits down to think "Well, is it fun?"

And post activision blizzard is all about balance and e-sports pandering, not fun.

>Measuring the success of a game by twitch viewers
So this is what videogames have become eh

>infamously shit Blizzard balance in a shooter made to cater to casuals and waifufags struggles to be taken seriously in the competitive scene
Shocking desu ne.

>Siege charity event had more views on twitch than biggest tournament of Overwatch

What in the fuck did I just watch that person make?

you'll still get bored in the same amount of time you just space that time out instead of doing it all at once
doesn't change the fact the games boring

every developer thinks their game is fun even when its not

>heaping tablespoons
>caps full
That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works

i think you mean
>measuring the success of a game tournament by twitch viewers
which is how you measure it yeah

Recipes are whatever you want them to be. Using standard measurements is entirely arbitrary.

The OP statemente is that the game is dead, faggotron.

...it was released May 24 this year, still needs a year and a half to get to 2 years.

You can't be mad at the game that random idiots don't know how hero comps work, it's like being mad a shitty deck won't win in Hearthstone.

>implying I want to watch aimbotters: the tournament

Overwatch really isn't that entertaining to watch but I am still playing it. I pretty much despise e-sports outside of fighting games.

they could put that shit on steam and they would get people

that is the other problem some blizzard games have, the viewer experience is shit

compare to DOTA2 where you can load the game and watch ingame with commentary live, blizzard lost the livestream audiences bad by now

boring shit game that hasnt gotten any significant new content since release

I fucking see people pop off more at a normal fgc regional than those sweaty bastards

>he doesn't know about ja/ck/

I need a name on this cosplayer please!

Overwatch is even worse

Blizzard was actively pushing their Biggest Overwatch World Tournament in history on Twitch and it only got 15k (They marketed the game on WoW, Diablo, HoS, HS etc.)

Most people only watch Overwatch because they are kids and only want to watch their favorite streamer.

Blizzard also shows no statistics about the in game player base. This means they or really bad. If I had 10 Million players online I would show it, but it seem Overwatch has more like a few thousands at max peak.

This.

Ovérwatch is the carefully crafted illusion of a dynamic, thriving game, rather than actually being one.

1 word:
Paladins

Right here.

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare blows all the shitty MOBA shooters out of the water. It's a shame that EA is fucking retarded and has it on Origin only STILL for $60.

If they made the game free to play and kept the microtransaction system they already have, then they released it on Steam, they'd be making major bank.

this is an awful image why save it

Because it aired on television. Only nerds watched it on twitch to use the chat

bump

Surprisingly enough Overwatch is very boring to overwatch

that's because it's the first time while there's 4 xpac that already came and there's a meta
after 4 to 5 games you can understand everything

Because it aired on TV OP

Why the hell would I deal with the cancerous twitch chat when I have another option?

Simply this. In my opinion OW is fucking boring to play also, such a mindnumbing game thats so incredibly casual, it blows my mind why they have to force the whole e-sports thing here.
SC2 and even heroes of the storm are fun to play and watch, I just dont know where they went so wrong with OW, being just boring at both.

Its really awkward to see those pastyfaced losers cross their arms like some tough BIG GUYS. They do it every fucking time. I wish they would drop the whole "crossing my arms to look cool" act and behave like the awkward shitlords that they are.
The real cringe comes after every game where they get interviewed. They spill the spaghetti, you cant make out anything they are trying to say and it just comes off as weird.

Cringe at her english voice actor

Autism

A game of overwatch is usually a lot of one team makes a push, gets no where and tries again. For playing this can work but as a viewing experience it is boring

For stuff to go anywhere you really need a team kill, then you can get a point or move the payload a lot. Moment to moment action is often a bit meaningless, which means it is only existing in small bursts

yes, just like Cred Forums

because like 80% of the game is "dick around trying to build up ults" then the rest is just a complete spam clusterfuck of 10 different ults going off within 2 seconds of each other
game is fucked, everything revolves around these abilities but if they weren't in the game then nothing would ever happen because barriers and shit are too strong and sustainability in general is too good so literally the only thing you can do is burst people down

>Blizzard games make for lousy e-sports

Starcraft's pretty much the most exciting non-fightanz esport and literally the most complex esport there is you nigging nigger.

MOBA fucking shits.

I can't believe it did as well as it did. This game looks so fucking boring.

Playing overwatch is fun. Watching someone play it is not.

>rating a game by the amount of viewers
>flaming that esport is utter shit, twitch is shit
>rating a game by the amount of viewers

now thats hypocrite

Pretty much. The numbers just don't add up.