Just bought this from the steam sale, is it any good?

just bought this from the steam sale, is it any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yuOObGjCA7Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Eh

GOTY

its fucking amazing.

>Spend lot of money on a game
>Ask us afterward if it's good

Anyway, it's fucking great but next time do the due diligence BEFORE DROPPING THE FUCKING SHEKELS

Been enjoying the fuck out of it. Havent touched mp but sp is where its fucking at

>refunds don't exist

>steam sale
>spending a lot of money
I bought it at launch and it wasn't a lot of money, but sometimes I guess I forget that a large percentage of Cred Forums is actually NEET

just beat argent tower, and the level after that completely tanks the fps. anyone know why? i can't seem to find anything about it and graphics options don't seem to affect much

and when i say tank, i mean i've played with consistent high 50s to full 60 with a couple dips down to 45, and as soon as i start the level i get 5 fps.

specs?

A strong contender for game of the year to be honest
Siege Mode Gauss Cannon best waifu in the entire game

>it just blasts gaping holes into absolutely everything

best game desu

it really walks the line between being plain bad and pretty good on many things and almost completely disregards the things that made the original games so good
>SP
4/10
>snapmap
prefab rooms/10
>MP
don't fucking bother/10

just play it. it's good.

DOOM have a demo, though. He can play the whole first level for free and without the need to download 60GB

"disregards the things that made the original so good"

DOOM is literally just shooting demons with a lot of guns and grabbing keycards and DOOM 2016 is the exact same thing, stop kidding yourself

I love it, it's been the only game to hold my attention since Dark Souls.

>My PS4 goes nuts whenever I play this game
THE PS4 IS TOO SCARED OF DOOMGUY

>doom is just about shooting demons and being epic DUDE
there is way more to it than just that
youtube.com/watch?v=yuOObGjCA7Q

Why don't you, I don't know, FUCKING PLAY IT AND FUCKING FIND THE FUCK OUT FOR YOURFUCKINGSELF

literally all of this is applicable to the new DOOM though.

I miss when games were 20gb. 2014 was such a nice time.

Holy fucking shit!

no Doom2016 takes a different approach it's modern shooter to the core and that doesn't cover other things like the weapon balance, level design and enemy placement which is so fucking mundane
I remember when there was so much outrage about Rage being 20GB back in 2011 now nobody bats an eye if it's even over 50gb

That's still fucking retarded.
Why would you not do research vefore purchasing something.
I have decent income but don't blow my money in a retarded fashion.

I remember how people back then were bitching about any game being bigger than 8gb back in 2011 or whatever

Now look, Every AAA game is 50GB minimum.

Yeah but imagine old school 56k connections. Be thankful for progress friend, you never spent half a saturday morning downloading counterstrike only to have someone ruin it by picking up the phone (I mean, maybe you didnt maybe you did i dont fucking know you).

i still bat an eye. these filesizes are getting goddamn silly. At this point I'd prefer digital releases to tear out all this FULLY VOICED OVER shit and make them free DLC packages so your download isn't bogged down by 20+ gigs of FULL VOICE ACTING in foreign languages you're not going to use. of course i know how greedy the vidya industry is and they'd just make all the language packs cost money instead.

>2014
>56k

>being able to download a game in only a morning
Goddamn this sounds like bliss.

It used to take a literal non-stop month of downloading for me to download a full game. Did it for Medieval 2 Total War, as well as for Stranglehold, the latter of which I played for about an hour or so then uninstalled.

Thankfully however, things improved and a 50 GB game should only take around four days or so.

>as well as for Stranglehold, the latter of which I played for about an hour or so then uninstalled.

I nearly went on a rant about how much of a faggot you are, then I realized you typed "Stranglehold" not "Stronghold".

I'm just saying appreciate what you got friendo, not that 56k existed in 2014.

Jesus Christ man where did you live?

Relax user, I mean the John Woo shooter, not the castle-building game that's been on my backlog since forever holy hell

>$30 is meaningful

Poorfags go

>no Doom2016 takes a different approach it's modern shooter to the core
I wouldn't say it's a modern shooter, just that it takes a lot from the "old-school" shooters, like Painkiller, Serious Sam, Hard Reset and SW2013.

A couple hundred kilometers inland from the very easternmost coast of Brazil.
It's not a very friendly place if you're a fan of anything Internet or electronics-related.

Yes. It's the true modernization of DOOM.
>RIP AND TEAR

If we have a bunch of ____ vs Capcom titles, why not do something with Doom, especially given Doomguy's new status as an eternal multidimensional entity.
I'd like to see Warhammer 40.000: Doom game where he fights with Space Marines and goes up against Chaos Space Marines, Daemons and Tyranids.

Isn't someone like him Khorne's wet dream though?
Wouldn't that prove a little problematic in the long run?

its campaign is extremely satisfyingly. Lots of fun, its a bit repetitive, but the good violence and gameplay make up for that. I would get some good headphones and play with those for maximum fun.

It could be a fun campaign to play trough.
Khorne's agents trying to corrupt or capture him after getting a whiff of his righteous fury, only to be slaughtered or even attempt to follow his cause in awe of his anger, only to be slaughtered.
Hell, I don't know if he'd survive and encounter with Khorne himself, but the two going head to head might very well cancel each other out, like an unstoppable force meting another unstoppable force.
And then we have the Orks...

That's one festive logo, I like it.

+music
+graphics
+snapmap
+satisfying weapons
+upgrade system
+exploration and map design
+real bosses
+story and characters
+Vulkan API

-slow movement speed