Comfy games thread

So I just beat this fucking piece of a gem

It was absolutely fantastic in so many ways. Also the fact that fucking Shigiru Myomoto was the lead producer on this game is cool. I didn't even think to consider that he was involved with this classic.

What are some other games like this Cred Forums, games that are casual and comfy but have a level of depth and actual care put into it.

Also why the fuck did the rest of this series just go to shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/english-translation-for-okaeri-chibi-robo-happy-richie-Ōsōji.402028/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Chibi robo is pretty garbage.

This is my 5th favorite game of all time
It is the definition of comfy, its like if they made an entire game about the feeling of fucking around your house as a little kid

>that banjo kazooie-esque comfy filter they put the voices through
>night time

Ive beaten the game but never 100%. I remember feeling like there wasnt much post game. I'd say that its only flaw. Shame they couldnt seem to capture the same feel in the sequels

>all but one Chibi-Robo was a completely different game from the original
>the only one similar to it was never released outside Japan

>we will NEVER get another good Chibi Robo game

Any game can increase in coze factor if you play late at night, and especially SNES games for some reason. Might just be the sound chip, I love it.
Also playing with friends. If you have any

want another SURPRISE SHIGERU MIYAMOTO game? try MOLE MANIA for gameboy (also on virtual consoles) it's a clever puzzle game where you play a mole and dig tunnels to move around each room so you can set up pipes and other objects to get a black ball to a door to break it open.

Seriously guys this genre needs a comeback it's so great. Constant story progession, constant upgrades, constant new areas with new side quests it's such a great formula that I feel like so many other developers especially indie developers try to recreate and fail it sucks.

"Ribiit rrriiibiiit"
Dedoo dedoou

the guy behind Chibi Robo and Captain Rainbow had a Dreamcast game called L.o.L (Lack of Love)
It's even more comfy (soundtrack is literally god tier) and its kinda like a Pikmin or Spore prototype but ending is just fucking sad

Fun fact, the dog from Chibi Robo appears in Lack of Love too

LittleBigPlanet

Trackmania is pretty comfy if you can find a nice server to play on.

Mario Sunshine is so nice to just chill and explore the level. Delfino is such a cool place to hang out.

It's a shame it's arguably one of the weakest games platforming wise, because as far as art and music it's top notch,

What was wrong with the DS game?

I've always enjoyed booting up an XCOM game, putting on the commander hat and playing armchair general for a few hours.

Hii chibi do you like this drawing

21 happy points

If this is real user I am fucking installing a dream cast emulator for it then, please don't tug on my feelings

Are you for real? Sunshine is literally Mario
64 2.0. It's fantastic in terms of platforming.

>you will never again get all the frog rings and think you cured her, only for her to put the fucking hat back on immediately afterwards

gbatemp.net/threads/english-translation-for-okaeri-chibi-robo-happy-richie-Ōsōji.402028/

I'm just saying.

>spent most of my life thinking he the character on the box art was some kind of dragon with giant black eyes
>just now realize they're horns and what I thought was his nostrils are his real eyes

>Sunshine is literally Mario
>64 2.0. It's fantastic in terms of platforming.

I dunno, it felt like a lot of times it focused on other things rather than straight platforming, and the terrain didn't feel that exciting to navigate.
The FLUDDless levels were awesome though, they were a lot more tightly designed and didn't feel as trivial without the crutch of the FLUDD.

Mind you, it's still a solid platformer, but I think Mario 64 did it better. I still consider 64 to be the peak of the 3d mario games since it has the most movement options and has terrain designed in such a way that gives it a really high skill ceiling.

underrated fucking game

>The FLUDDless levels were awesome though, they were a lot more tightly designed and didn't feel as trivial without the crutch of the FLUDD.
desu, I've never liked the Galaxy games at all because they feel like they're all about looking cool over being fun to play, and I've always strongly believed that the sequel to Sunshine should have just been a shit load of the bonus levels, but longer and with more variety.

Because those bonus levels in Sunshine are literally the best that Mario has ever been in 3D.

>TFW you rate Chibi robo park patrol higher than all the others becuase It holds more sentimental value and helped you in a really dark time

Yeah for sure, Mario Galaxy focused way more on the moment to moment stuff, which made it fun to play the first time through, but made later playthroughs a slog.

It's also the most linear game besides 3D World and combined with Mario's limited movement it makes subsequent playthroughs feel like a slog. 64 and Sunshine are great because they accommodate higher skill ceilings with more movement options and complex level design. I adored Galaxy the first time through, but now when I get the urge to replay it I get discouraged by how slow and linear it can feel.

Nothing wrong with that I'd say, most of my favorite anime and games are ones that I played/watched during highschool, which was the worst time for me emotionally. Games like SOTC and Mother 3, and shows like Mushishi and Evangelion just seem better when you're in a more vulnerable state of mind, same goes for Chibi Robo, it's just nice.

Some games just work better when you're sad.

Downloaded this last night. I bought a second-hand Wii U recently which came with some games and Amiibos, and out of the Amiibos I recieved, Chibi-Robo was the only one from a game I haven't played, so I wanna rectify that. What am I in for?

Came out 1 day ago, really cozy.
There are torrents if you don't wanna buy, but once you get past the first 2 or 3 bosses, the game really warms up and gives you a wide variety of things to do, many of which are comfortable and/or fun.

>not owning physical

Someone stole my copy and I stopped collecting games about 5 years ago because of faggot resellers inflating prices like fucking crazy.

Only a retard with too much money and nothing to do with it would still collect games these days.

dang user,that must really suck.
I'm sorry for your copy being stolen

>retard
:( that hurts user. I traded a shitton of first party games for it and this

Collecting games is a fucking scam these days.
I still like to play on the original consoles, but I just make my own reproduction carts with cheap donor carts from thrift stores. (they're almost always over flowing with shitty sports games)

I also invest in flash carts or hack consoles so that I can play games right off the HDD.

It just hasn't been worth it to buy old games in a long long time, thanks to shows like Pawn Stars and Storage Wars, every asshole in NA tries to sell anything in their basement or attic for high end collector prices, so you can barely even get the occasional good deal from someone that doesn't know any better, even donation based stores like Value Village look up the fucking prices on eBay now.

For example, I distinctly remember that the very last time I went to Value Village (a store that sells donated items) was charging SIXTY (Six Zero) $60 for a fucking loose cart of Super Mario 64 DS.

This shit is just completely out of fucking hand, and I won't support this scalping bullshit.

Dudes its a numbers game lmao.

But seriously. I had to wait 3 fucking years to score 2 decent lots in 2 different cases to get those high value items. Helps that I'm a neet that knows how to buy to resell. I try to be honest though. All of my funds go to gaming which sucks since there's nothing interesting to me anymore

>Dudes its a numbers game lmao.
It used to just be "hey, I'll buy that old game for like $20 or whatever" "Sure man, here you go, its a good game"

Now even shitty games cost at least retail prices just because collector assholes will pay it

>Batman and Robin
Jesus do I fucking know it. Only collect for GameCube since that was my shit as a kid. GameCube only has a few expensive titles. And the first party games arent hard to come by.

Just order straight from China
You can get rare and unreleased games as bootlegs for pennies on the dollar
Pulseman for 4 bucks, can't be beat