Look at little brother's scholastic book order papers because I remember them from when I was in school

>look at little brother's scholastic book order papers because I remember them from when I was in school
>see this
What the fuck is going on

This cancer is spreading

Other urls found in this thread:

scaryforkids.com/stories-to-tell/
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_(Pathways_to_Adventure)
m.youtube.com/watch?v=RtgcWnlN0uw
exhentai.org/s/e9785c0d1a/980870-77
youtube.com/watch?v=bUFWXpYJKaI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>unofficial

This shouldn't be allowed

Did you hear about the OP who made a thread?

>scholastic book orders

I loved those

>This cancer is spreading
Nigga
Where the FUCK have you BEEN these past five years?

Minecraft is bigger than Mario at this point for fucks sake. Everybody played New Super Mario Bros, then they got Minecraft and they didn't stop playing it for like six years. It's in every store, every place you look there's Minecraft this and Minecraft that.

How easy is it to publish shit with Scholastic? It looks like literally anyone can do it.

>kids enjoying a book for children
It's not like the books that were out 10-20 years ago were any less autistic.

>Goosebumps
>The Time Warp Trio
>The Magic Tree House
Nigger, there is most evidently a decline.

>book 1

You are just cherry picking the good books.
There's always been good books, and there has always been fucking terrible books.

welcome to like a year and a half ago, lol

as a father of a child that is a neo gamer there are things you have to learn to accept..

>Goosebumps
>good
I hate saying this but pick one

>Tfw reading The Stinky Cheese Man and Captain Underpants under the desk for reading time

>he comes to class
>axes his way through the door
>builds giant penis monument at recess
>eats a bunch of raw pork at lunch

I don't know what you're so upset about OP, sounds like comedy gold to me.

>a decade ago all kids books were about original stories featuring original characters
>now it's minecraft fan-fictions
No this isn't just me looking down on the younger generation, this is actually fucked on all accounts.

Goosebumps is fucking fantastic, my dude.

>The Time Warp Trio
I like you

He was destroyed! lmao

>112 pages
>5.99 retail marked to $3

I don't see anything wrong with it if kids want to read it. At least it gets the little shits to read and doesn't cost the parents a fortune.

It'll cost them a hell of a lot more when their child ends up a jobless neet.

Remember all the cool toys and shit that weren't really books?

>Dinosaur building set
>miniature foam planes with plastic propellers
>Magnets

Anyone?

You bought this shit right?
It was not worth it.

The frog shaped pencil toppers were my favorite

found em

boy that skeleton about to do it

I honestly could never get into goosebumps. Other than obvious stuff like young action adventures like shannara series and eragon and ilk. I was really into Cyoa stories though.

>Magic Tree house

Shit man. I remember reading the one about the dinosaurs. I think it was Dinosaurs before dawn.

Didn't they make 40 issues of that or something?

I've seen the handbooks and shit before, but I didn't know they were publishing fucking fanfictions about creepypasta characters and selling them to kids

I mean there were video game handbooks for pokemon and shit, but that was before every kid ever had easy access to the internet

Do you think the kids of today are going to look back on all this with shame? Or will they be nostalgic for this shit?

More like 50

What about the GOAT kid's book series?

>I remember back when World of Goo came out and you could buy it in a scholastic order paper
Those fuckers never gave me that fucking game.

This guy knows what's up.

>scholastic book order papers
holy shit, I didn't know that was still a thing.

>not mentioning Bailey School kids

Goosebumps wasn't meant to be super deep, man. It's okay to not like it, but it's not okay to compare it to the abomination that is OP's example.

Damn, hard to believe somebody could be nearly 20 years old and have seen World of Goo in a catalog in elementary school.

I think I was just when they started selling games that were more than just tools for education, it's where I got my copy of Simant. Great fucking game, always so exciting getting into the house.

Mah fucking nigga
Stinky cheese, underpants, I Spy books and scary stories were the books every kid wanted in 95

This far in the thread and no one has even mentioned the GOAT kids series

I've bought Pokémon books before. Those were fun when I didn't have enough GBP to watch the actual episodes.

Looks like OP isn't aware of the Youtube Lets Play toy lines and clothing lines.

>clothing lines
What

Oh shit, I remember those.

Who wants to be an eceleb for Halloween?

I work in retail and this stuff has been around for a while now.

Could have turned me into a furry/scaly with the right illustrations of his little admirer. I've had dreams about being chased around by a girl like that.

I still cave in and buy one whenever I find them in Chinese dollar stores.

>I only ever hear about the shittiest modern children's books redditors can find
>thus all modern children's books are unforgivably shit
Teacher here. You plebs haven't even heard of Franny K. Stein.

Why the fuck do people who play Minecraft and other mainstream games while talking into a mic and make goofy faces get so much recognition? Shit, I'd probably shit over 90% of all letsplayer in skill, too.

What about the 1000 cheat codes for video games book?

It would've been nice to stay ignorant of this shit.

y-yeah

I'm worming on an original children's book series, user. Don't give up hope. It'll have illustrations and everything.

>tfw I would have published my manuscript by now if I could just get an appropriate artist
How do you do it, user? What's your book about, anyway?

Post games you bought from Scholastic book orders

Because kids really really like it. They've become popular because they struck a chord with kids and captivated them. I never really looked into it but it's probably the same reason all the fags here love their own letsplayers-- surrogate friendship and their own form of celebs/gossip.

Some people just make it. It's really hard to get in youtube/let's play thing now that since those guys have established themshelves and youtube search etc. stuff now fucks you in the ass pretty hard. In short, it's like IRL companies/businesses with those old farts who refuse to die or retire.

Frannie K. Stein is OK but a bit too simple
Same with Galaxy Zack
Dav Pilkey really seems to nail what appeals to kids, Captain Underpants still holds up today
You're farther along than I, at least. I only have a few chapters written out (the entire book is planned, with a few plot/ character threads that I want to tackle in hypothetical future books).
The book is about robot kids, I find there's criminally few children's books with robot protagonists.

It's fantastic of the concept, not the actual writing. RL Stine is a terrible writer, and that's not just me being a contrarian; he writes his adult and teen novels the exact same fucking way.

That and Goosebumps was never scary. I guaranfuckingtee that any memories you have of it being terrifying either come from the show and its uncanny valley special effects or you're mixing up your memories with Are You Afraid of the Dark, the patrician's pick.

Reader Beware is a must read blog for dissecting how awful Goosebumps books were, book by book

>Herobrine fanfiction
>the Sci Fi channel is doing a horror anthology series based on Candle Cove

Can the creepypasta writers sue? This doesn't seem very legal.

Reminder that they pussified Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark for the modern generation of safespace kiddies

>it's been years since the last update
>the creator acknowledged the movie
>no plans on a review

Kill me, my man.

Why can't you just like watching someone play a game

Gen Z are pampered as fuck these days

>kids
the description of a paralyzed villian laying in the sand with a broken spine as the tide comes to take him away is most certainly not for kids

but its still fucking awesome

I work at Barnes and Noble and I've been trying almost every day to see if my store can order the original books since apparently Scholastic is reprinting them for sale directly from them. Every kid and school librarian I've spoken to wants to buy them. Makes me happy that the things that shaped me as a kid still appeal to people today.

Spoiler: They were always not really that scary except to dumb kids.
scaryforkids.com/stories-to-tell/

>implying anyone ever gave a fuck about any of the stories except a select few

It was the pictures, dude. Those pictures were the only reason why it stayed as a banned book for so long. It's so telling that they removed them for the anniversary collection.

Everytime I saw those guides I immediatly thought, the fucking economy was so unstable it would be irrelevant in weeks.

>Captain Underpants
Friendly reminder.

Seeing this shit is really bizarre. I'm actually the originator of the Herobrine thing (and I don't give a shit if anyone believes me, just giving context to this post). Probably the least creative thing I've ever done, and it got so popular kids are publishing their own shitty books about it.

It's too bad it wasn't something I could've monetized in any way. I would've gotten a huge slice of that Minecraft pie.

If you read captain underpants as a kid you were and probably still are a simpleton

>hes gay
this all makes sense now...

>"Hey user, do you like Goosebumps?"
>"Yeah!"
>"Do you want Goosebumps but for cool teens?"
>"YEAH!"

Fear Street was fucking hardcore. People died.

>t's in every store, every place you look there's Minecraft this and Minecraft that
Is this because people want it or because Microsoft owns the IP now?

Because it's never just that, 'discussion' revolves around drama, relationships, and general gossip stuff, just like an autistic version of People mag. If it was "just like watching someone play a game" those e-celeb threads would contain 10 posts. It's a sham.

I never played Minecraft before ever since it was released, and i did give it a try few days ago. I can understand the appeal of building anything in that game seamlessly but that's it, i get bored of it because nothing really happens in the game maybe unless i add some mods to spice things up.

Its basically a modern version of Lego, no wonder its wildly popular with kids.

Fun fact. The Tobuscus one is worth like $30 on eBay. I'm still hoping on coming across a couple for a good flip. Its the only one worth anything, probably because of the rape allegations.

>be waiting for sushi at restaurant today
>kid comes in with his mom, reading Captain Underpants
>tells mom that her nickname, according to the nicknaming thing in the book, is Salty Boogersnatch
>mfw

I remember back when having shit like this would get a kid beaten up.

Since I can't beat up kids, I guess the only reasonable thing to do is to beat up the Youtubers.

Remember the choose your own adventure ones? Those were some crazy shit too. I remember one had you going down a wrong slide and being trapped on a never ending ride for all eternity. Spooked 8 year old me.

They don't sell either. The local wal marts can't get rid of them. They sit on the shelf and rot.

That's fine logic, user, but you may be a little hasty in asserting you can't beat up the kids. Thing is, you actually can beat up kids. It's pretty easy to do, in fact. There's nothing that stops your fist in midair as it rushes towards a meeting with some idiot child's face, so it's inaccurate to claim that you can't beat up kids.

what's "cool" with kids changes, grandpa

you used to be "with it" but now you don't even know what "it" is

They gotta learn to bantz when they're young.

No. I know what "it" is. I consider "it" to be exploitation by pedophiles and con artists. I feel many Youtubers and Twitch streamers should be strung up until dead.

>filming yourself playing a videogame and then putting it on the internet because people will give you money for doing it somehow makes you a pedophile

really man? It's not a con either. Do you think people that go to theater plays that you don't like are being conned? If somebody gives a dollar to a street performer you don't like are they being conned? Ultimately it's just giving money to somebody for entertaining you.

It's not about skill, it's about entertaining kids

It's grade A faggotshit and I'm not above admitting that I was a fucking loser nerd when I was a kid who liked dumb stuff. I'm not simply imagining all this Minecraft garbage being dumb as hell, it really is dumb as hell, and so are all the kids that are obsessed with it. The only people worse than them are the fucking adults enabling all of it. This is Pokemon turned past 11 all the way to like 23 or some shit and people are dying in the streets level of bad. It is literally an unfinished java game where you slap blocks onto other blocks and do nothing else of consequence, to call it virtual legos does a grave disservice to legos, it's far simpler than even that. The fact that there are people who have made livelihoods off of children watching them play this shitty non-game on Youtube is a straight-up travesty.

There are plenty of actually "cool" kids things nowadays, Minecraft isn't one of them, it's a blemish, a blight. A fucking mistake. The autistic children of the world deserved a better "game" than this one.

Well how do you feel about the similar Pokemon shit that came out at the time?

Most of them play pretend friend to bait out donations from lonely desperate kids. They're predators.

>Minecraft is this generation's Pokemon

oh god, it's true, isn't it?

A fool and his money are easily parted. It's not their fault kids are stupid and their parents even more so. They're all fair game.

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_(Pathways_to_Adventure)
I unironically bought and liked this book when it came out.

Welcome to Dead House and I Live in Your Basement are both objectively good.

My goosebumps was pretty bad. Granted I only read monster blood, cheese and die, and the one about revenge, but none of them were spooky, no idea why people had fond memories of them.

A series I did like though was Horrible Harry.

A fucking great series was Hidden Talents and True Talents.

Hell, I'd suggest even reading both of those as an adult. Genuinely good books, the second one too is better.

>buy a how to draw nintendo characters book in 5th grade
>they list bowser as kerog
>luigi has a fuckin spacesuit

You might be legitimately autistic user

Well our generation was "how to draw manga" shit.

I believe the author was a teenage girl

not to mention that one time they just dumped fucking boiling water all over those vermin, redwall was fucking brutal

Those look horrible

don't forget Animorphs, which you could barely consider a children's book

>Guy who was trying to backstab the main character was forced to stay in a rat form until his time expired, keeping him that way forever. he was dumped on an island where fisherman hear wailing thinking it's a ghost but it's his psychic screaming for death
>an ant gets morphed into a human child and can only scream as it cannot comprehend its existence, before dying
>another kid transforms from a flea back to human except instead he just becomes a gigantic flea and can only groan in pain as it cannot exist at that scale
>one guy has a bad habit of having his intestines fall out of his body when he transforms
>a girl transforms into a starfish and gets split in half, both halves are identical versions of her, except one is psychotic
>one person is splatted as a fly and everyone else, as flies, have to peel him off the wall so he can transform back before his mind fades

these are all fucking kids

I fucking love animorphs.

Holy shit my dude my mom bought that for me when i was a kid. I only spoke french at the time so i couldn't understand the instructions and sucked a lot.

Never read these as a kid but now I kind of want to.

Tfw no Edge Chronicles game series. Love the art.

i remember some highschool or middle grade book i found about two magicians trying to out prank/magic eachother, and its burned into my mind because of how horrifying it was.

one of thems fallen out of a boat, and a swarm of wasps are stinging him everytime he surfaces so hes like going to drown, so they fill water balloons with some girls snot and hit him with it and the mucus covers him with a layer thinking enough to surface, but hes covererd in snot and dying wasps from the top of his head to his neck

and then there was a magic show they did in the cafeteria and they replaced eachothers tricks with booby trapped ones, like juggeling watermelons while doing tight rope, the watermelons are full of cockroaches and maggots, and when they get dropped the panic causes the teachers in the front row zits to pop, and the combined disgustingness causes all 300-400 students to start vomiting and the description was something like the two magicians get washed out of the cafeteria in a river. the last sentence of that chapter is fucking burned into my head
"lunch became lunch, revisited"

its been like 15 years and i still wonder what it was and who the fuck would think this was good for kids

Even to this day I still own every single book in the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series, the truly patrician children's book series.

Also, as far as the minecraft video game books are concerned, I wonder if the author is just some swindler trying to exploit children for a quick buck, or somebody who really does like the minecraft world and made the book out of passion

>be in year 8 (grade 7 for Americucks)
>book fair is around this time
>everyone given those booklets to pick out which book they want
>tons of lame books in the selection
>instead of picking them though, I chose "Where's Sonic?" because I was the sad kid who didn't like reading books but played vidya
>normies who bought their lame laughed all they could
>couldn't hear them over concentrating on finding Sonic

Where's Sonic is a great book

>mfw my teacher bought me this book and I liked it

>in the future one of these kids is gay

>the book with the wedgie villain
>part in the climax where she sprays shit every where
>It formed a gigantic white cloud, enveloping everyone and making these 2 pages incredibly easy to draw.

I will always laugh at that dumb shit.

The autist in me was delighted by the substitution cipher that lined the book.

Went on to buy more of the books as they came out but IIRC they came out years apart so I didn't finish the series. I should finish reading the series.

the GOAT

The levels of waifu in that series was amazing

I read the first 3
I liked them and my friends ended up reading them because of me

did anyone ever rip the page doing that flipping pages shit?

People outside of Italy know these?

OH FUCK NIGGA DELTORA QUEST WAS MY JAM! I still have the big hardcover with all 8 books in it. Plan on giving it to my kid.
>That terrible anime adaption
I so desperately wanted it to be good.

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it

You get your Let's Plays and Twitch tv

It was definitely a thing in the states, at least. I never read them, I don't think, but they were definitely in schools.

I work at a library and all of the kids always play Minecraft on the kids' computers. If you want to see something really embarrassing, google Gameknight999. We actually carry
those in the library.

They're popular in the U.S.

>terrible

Nigga, it was great.

Also very popular in canada. Every school library I've been to has had every one in the series.

Perhaps it's worth a rematch then. I remember it being pretty bad but that was a while ago and I did watch the dub.

atleast post it

We had that shit with Runescape dude

wait really

What the fuck are you fucking serious

I knew that Pilkey was a fucking jew, it is pretty degenerate to make a kids book so focused on toilet humor

What the fuck man but I didn't expect this

>New York Times bestselling author.
What is happenning

The one thing that I don't understand is why they keep playing Minecraft. Like despite being an obsessed kid I wasn't able to play the same fucking game over and over, I had to get new ones.

But these little shits have access to every emulator in the world yet have been playing Minecraft which barely even qualifies as a game in the first place for half a decade. How?

I usually don't concern myself with this kind of thing, and I'm certainly not some sjw tumblrite, but I think it's pretty cool to just casually have that happen.

I mean if we want our next generation to be more tolerant than us, I think things like this are a good idea.

Also faggot cuck fuccboi queer homo dyke.

Is tobuscus still relevant or did the rape allegations ruin him?

the tale of the dollmaker, scared the fucking shit out of me as a kid

my negro

>The Time Warp Trio
MY FUCKING NIGGA

>The Stinky Cheese

It's pretty much all they and their friends know.

Your mentality is exactly what's wrong with this world. Please, don't have children, we don't need more indoctrinated and brainwashed souls on this earth.

why would i want our next generation to be more tolerant. if its okay to be okay, why isnt it okay to practice incest. if its okay to practice incest, why not pedophilia?

i dont actually care, but think about it

FUCK. if its okay to be GAY

So from what 30 seconds of looking at the Google results has told me, this shitty line of books is about some 12 year old epic troller who griefs kiddos in Minecraft all the time, only to be transported into Minecraft itself to learn lessons.

Like now that I typed that up I realized it sounds like the plot of a goosebumps or something

I had one of these and I learned in the 5th grade. I can still draw but I dont do it as a hobby anymore, I rather just play vidya

Quality control went down the shitter the moment Notch left, and it was already cracking apart before that point. The worse part is that it isn't getting less popular, only worse in quality.

In time, Minecraft is going to become Roblox 2, or worse, Sonic-tier.

it's not ok to practice incest because it's way more likely to end up with retard babies. Pedophillia isnt ok, but a child is a child and doesn't have a developed enough brain to consent.

It's already past sonic tier, user

Guardians of Ga'Hoole was the shit. I was never able to finish the series, as my parents were too poor to buy new books, and my local library and school library never had the latest books (they were always checked out due to other people getting them). I've been meaning to retry reading them, but I don't want to ruin my nostalgia. There was even a vidya game for GoG, but I have no idea if it's any good.

>implying it shouldn't be okay to practice incest and pedophilia

>Choose Your Own Adventure
These were fucking gold, holy shit.

Considering most MC book "plots", that doesn't sound half-shitty.

>its just as lame as what you grew up with

yeah, thats pretty much it. every generation the previous generation becomes the old man yelling at clouds, and the new generation becomes hip...

till THEY become the old man yelling at clouds. the earlier you come to terms with it the better. try to do so BEFORE you become said old man

>he still reads books

I think I bought a goosebumps book and never read it. It's good the n64 existed, reading is boring as shit.

Gay people don't have developed brains either but here we are.

Slippery slope argument in its purest form.

By that logic it's not okay to be anything since it could potentially lead to something "bad" be accepted as a mainstream attribute.

>grew up just in time so kids younger than me were reading these
>never understood the appeal because the way the BIG WORDS were printed looked obnoxious

Were they actually good?
And is there good porn of whatever mouse waifus there are

careful with that edge kid, might cut yourself.

>he still reads books

what do you do, all literally fucking day here on Cred Forums. read. you do nothing but read, but instead of reading carefully crafted shit designed to stimulate your senses you read fucking stupid, bullshit, tv tier survivor big brother bullshit.

your literally bragging about not reading real literature but reading fucking celeb gossip magazines you find at the check out in the grocery store.

>READ BOOKS?
>ID RATHER READ ABOUT BRAD PI-TODD HOWARD

>Sonic-tier

It worse than that, there's a really popular porn video of minecraft, i have never seen a sonic porn that i would call "popular"

>he didn't hatch his pets ;_;

I think people are over-looking what this really is and are just saying OP's a nostalgia-fag.

This is fan-fiction about a creepypasta character from a game with no story about said character going to school.

Name one thing that comes anywhere close to being more autistic than this from Scholastic.

Nightmare Room > Fear Street

Haha yeah okay buddy. Get off Cred Forums every once in a while

Not that I necessarily endorse incest or pedophilia, but mayhaps one day they will be accepted to some extent. I'm sure people from way back in the day could have never imagined homosexuality being as socially accepted as it is today.

Besides, gay is essentially an ineffectual lifestyle choice between two consenting adults that choose to be together. Who cares if it's two guys?

Incest is taboo even on a biological level for any animal for obvious reasons, and pedophilia is frowned upon for other obvious reasons as well.

>tfw I'd rather listen to a book on tape than sit down and read
The kingkiller chronicles got me to sit the fuck down and read though. Those books are great.

ah, see, here is where i point out the fallacy fallacy.
see, pointing out something is a fallacy dosent actually mean its wrong, it dosent even discredit the idea that its correct. a fallacy MERELY means its argued BADLY.

see, i could say that sun rises once a day because im the fucking shit. im correct that the sun rises once a day, but im wrong on "im the shit".

so what youve actually said is, more or less "you could be right, but i disagree with why".

he was destroyed!

>got a copy of SimAnt from Scholastic
Fuck yeah

Nice ad hominem argument you have there. Then again, what can I expect from someone who actively wants future generations to be indoctrinated about homosexuality?

Introducing actual homosexuality makes all the other books about a pair of underage boys following around a middle-aged man in his underwear seem a lot less innocent.

Y-yes.

bet youre the type of dude he complains about two dudes, yet watches lesbian porn. I mean come on, do you watch porn with dick in it, faggot?

Don't see what this has to do with anything, but no, I exclusively watch solo girl videos

You know if it were like an actual manga artist writing those that'd be awesome. But that's just horrible

>The Stinky Cheese Man

My fuckin man

Yeah you could be right... or you could be completely wrong. Start by making a better argument and actually proving you are right and maybe then I'll put some more stock in your words.

Right now it just sounds like you're trying to push an agenda.

then what are you doing here? if youd rather listen then read, why dont you argue with faggots you dont care about on say, skype or whatever lets you use voice and listen to voice

because text and posts give you more control, more time to think. you can carefully craft your response, even if that response is just "kek didnt read". you get to choose the most carefully crafted "uncaring response" for maximum butthurt

I was about to mention that

So I'll instead mention the time that the villain was stung to death by the giant scorpion he tried to use to kill the heroes

God I loved Redwall.

because that's not the same, not as many people, way too unorganized, unlike a book on tape.

how this any different from introducing fathers and mothers. to the right is faggotry, to the left is "i stuck my dick in your mothers vagina. maybe mouth as well".
but ones okay and the others not? "yes 8 year old boys, its okay to discuss sticking dicks into vaginas. but dicks into assholes, no. even tho your mother and father, might of done this. its just not okay when its father and father. but mothers and fathers into mothers mouth, this is okay. see, 8 year old children, your mother sometimes inserts the fathers penis into her mouth. but if we say the father inserts the fathers penis into his mouth, this is not okay to tell children"

>tfw I bought one of those but all I did was trace from it

But what about the fact that a disproportionately high percentage of child molestation cases occur with an adult homosexual as the perpetrator?

man the schoolastic book sales seem to be filled with shit now.

i remember getting a copy of sim ant from one of their shit.
fucking best thing ever

These things always had dumb video game shit, like selling fucking sonic genesis

whatever pussy bitch i have no counter argument for

Oh I see you dressed as a disappointment for Halloween

care to hit me with that source bruh?

you sound mad brah, Its just a video game franchise

His ass.

Seriously that's complete bullshit.

Yeah I too enjoy seeing the white kid become gay while the black kid gets a white wife

Yeah that's real tolerance man, it's the obvious propaganda that really tugs my heartstrings

>only covered f2p

not worth it, tbqh

> if its okay to practice incest, why not pedophilia
The intolerants fallacy!
Children can't give consent.
It's as easy as that. Adult siblings can give each other consent, homosexuals can give each other consent, but children can't.

>The Time Warp Trio
I never did decide if I liked the one about pirates, cavemen, or the future more than the others

>There was even a vidya game for GoG, but I have no idea if it's any good
If it had anything to do with that reeking cunt of a movie adaptation, I want nothing to do with it

I haven't even looked inside the books essentially since I read them so I can't tell you if the writing was too good, I just remember loving the storyline. Things got crazy in the end

I shipped the future girls with the guys. no lie

Did anyone else read this as a kid? Up until just recently I thought I had imagined it because I never saw anyone talk about it. The plot was weird as fuck.

>If it had anything to do with that reeking cunt of a movie adaptation, I want nothing to do with it
From a quick google search, it's the typical movie vidya that movies used to come with.

I still believe a Guardians of Ga'Hoole game would be a great idea, and I wish there was another attempt at one.

Is this the book about a kid whose parents leave him at home for like a month and he stays up late watching TV and starts getting a lizard people channel that's coming from an island that just floats around near where he lives?

Aside from that the only part of this that sticks out in my mind is that he ordered pizza because he didn't want to become an idiot from eating too many TV dinners. I can't for the life of me remember anything else.

>But think about it
Please don't pass this thought off as some big revelation that you're the first to think of. You come across as someone who vapes.

>master's degree in physics
>worked for a fiber optics startup and the R&D wing of a Fortune 500 company
>now makes a living selling minecraft fanfiction to children

How do these things happen?
What kind of decision process is involved?

Hey now those adults cant help themselves because of the way they were born.

Nice job justifying your points and explaining exactly what's wrong with people accepting different lifestyles that literally will never directly affect them negatively, if at all

Because nearly all incestuous relationships involve some form of abuse, and pedophila is the sexual abuse of children who are not mentally capable of understanding sexual relationships and cannot legally give consent.

what kind of retarded ass joke argument is this?

Yes exactly. Also he meets some random black guy who knows about the lizard people and tells him that shit about the TV dinners

I've also completely forgotten the ending if there even is one.

>These fucking kids keep calling me santa claus
>Fucking little assholes asking me about elves and reindeer and shit
>Stop making fun of my weight
>I was in nam
>Why did she leave me?

>one is in an interracial relationship
>the other is gay
Like pottery..

>I've also completely forgotten the ending if there even is one.

Maybe that's the entire book, a kid orders a pizza and stays up late to watch some Adult Swim show about lizards.

Underrated

This makes Nisekoi and Bleach's endings look like Scarface and Planet of the Apes.

>muh cuck meme
I'm serious, some of you people need to get off this vietnamese yak milking forum for a little while and learn to form opinions and ideas of your own

>implying "muh acceptance" doesn't subsconsciously push youth towards degeneracy and despicable behaviors

>get this game through book orders
>realize it's incompatible with mac because my family is full of mac puritans
>never play it ever

I still think i have it tucked away somewhere in my house although it'd probably take years of searching to actually find it

Source?

What is the difference between having two men who go their entire lives unmarried, vs having them marry each other? They're not reproducing either way, and while I doubt you have an issue with people not marrying, one puts the men in a better position to raise children via adoption. Neither group's knocking women up, but can you not see how over is a better alternative to leaving kids to a foster home?

Or are you so staunchly homophobic because you fear/hate being gay yourself?

>Solo girl videos
>Exclusively
Lots of overcompensating, self-loathing, closeted men do.

When RuneHQ existed? Hell no my dude.

I had the one on the left

I don't need to say this, but it was very shitty

Madou Monogatari

>Lots of overcompensating, self-loathing, closeted men do.

Do you have anything that could actually be construed as an argument or are you just another fucking faggot resotrting to your typical "if you don't like us you're secretly one of us XDD"

And before you say you aren't gay, well, you're just as bad as one with your sickening ideology and agenda-pushing, might as well start taking one up the ass to complete the picture to be honest family

You fuck, you better dl and play it now. That game is GOAT.

is that megatokyo?

Don't user. Just, don't. It's not even so bad it's good, it's just horribly, horribly mediocre and such a disappointment.

i played 1 the shit out of the first one because it only just ran on an old shitty laptop i had as a kid but yeah i'll download it now, i couldn't be assed to try and find it

>only solo girl

my fucking ass that's all you watch. it'd be like watching grass grow.

>I doubt you have an issue with people not marrying

More stable marriages with children can remedy the problem of degenerate youth, actually, so I do have a problem with a lazy fucking NEET who doesn't marry or do anything his whole life and actively contributes to the problems that white society faces

Go home, Cred Forums

Im pretty sure anyone on this site who is currently 20-26 either owned or knew someone who owned one of these. Maybe even younger, i doubt they stopped selling these.

>implying anyone outside of Cred Forumstards gives a fuck about what you consider "degeneracy"

Are you literally gay? What's better than a woman masturbating? If you're straight, i.e. only attracted to women, then why would it be boring for you?

Oh, well the second is pretty much just more of the first then.

Holy fuck this thread.
I didn't even have the patience to quote all you faggots.
Go back to your fucking containment boards already.

Oh I know most people don't give a shit about degeneracy and what it's doing to the world

That's why the world is so fucked and the majority, people like you, are sitting here unironically thinking that taking a cock in the ass is natural and okay

In the Australian one I got Grandia 2 for PC. They mustn't have been aware of the content.

A chick giving you a blowjob isn't a natural thing so i guess it isn't okay.

>what's better than watching a woman masturbating

literally anything.

>Time Warp Trio
Hey buddy, what's your number?

>a fallacy MERELY means its argued BADLY
No, it means that the argument itself is bad, and among rational people cannot be used to hold up a claim.

So in this case:
>Claim: Homosexuality is bad
>Argument: People will accept incest and pedophilia, if they accept homosexuality
Since this is the definition of slippery slope, it's not a viable argument.

This is the essential problem with debating mature subjects on Cred Forums. Half of you ignore the rules of logic, thinking it makes you a "kewl ebin troll", and the other half are too stupid to realize that you're making a logical error.

Is that the best counter-argument you could come up with? "Hehe I'm gonna imply you aren't sexually active, that will disprove your points about how I'm a fucking degenerate!!!"

>Cred Forums loves fags now

Let me guess, they're "useful" and are the last implicit stand of white identity

Enjoy your aids fags

I've seen them in arts and craft stores even recently. Along with the weirdly prominent "How to draw Furries"

i used to buy monthly shonen jump and random shonen jump manga from these things.

To add to that, the fact that your counter-argument is immediately focused on sex is case in point about degeneracy

Why is that the first thing that comes into your mind?

bottom left bitch gave me nightmares for the longest time

fuck you user, i just shot cola out my nose. it hurts like a fucking bitch you fuckign dickhead.

It's okay. You can make any point you want. Hell, you're probably right.

It'll still happen though. The slope is real. It's happening right now.

you must have gay tendencies

i always laugh at fags like you in solo video comment sections saying "it'd be better with a cock in her", like you can't take enjoyment in the female form without a man there

>mfw the end of Harold The Scarecrow

>Harold The Scarecrow

FUCK YOU user, I had forgotten what that fucker looked like.

Yeah that might be my best argument since i see people all the time on this board "discuss" things that for some reason are considered degenerate while calling the rest of the world dumb for not caring enough about this, and i'm what you consider the rest of the world, so i don't give a damn.

I don't care about your redundant, ridiculous and completely subjective "arguments" since there are tons of posters like you who i didn't reply to because they are worthless just like you.

Tell me user, why should i try my best arguments with you?

>people like you, are sitting here unironically thinking that taking a cock in the ass is natural and okay

Fuck off.

>the gay couple are the only ones in this picture who look incredibly uncomfortable, even worried

What did Captain Underpants mean by this?

>"Muh subjective tastes need to be enforced on society!"
You're closet gay and blame liberals, don't you?

Seriously, there's no objective reason that your definition of degeneracy and despicable behavior has any more worth than anyone else's. Ergo: Your opinion is shit, nobody cares, and you should feel bad for having one. Not for having "the wrong opinion", but being as self-important as having an opinion at all. You're obviously not capable of higher thought processes, and should leave that to the intelligent.

fuck off Cred Forums, you ruin every fucking discussion ever with your tumblr-tier crybaby bullshit

>how are you going to tell your child-self that you're gay
>oh shit

Holy shit this. Nobody was having this bullshit conversation until somebody started stirring the pot with that Captain Underpants shit.

no i refuse to believe that there is a book sold in a real shop called "How to Draw: Furries"
post proof and more gifs
have seen marvel & DC both shilling their method of drawing to the kids though

I'll do you one better.

I remember that my aunt gave me the book for my birthday when I was 7. I happened to open it to her page, screamed and threw it across the room.

Then I read it every week.

>How to draw Furries
I remember seeing one of these books years ago. I skimmed through it out of morbid curiosity and spotted a certain artist that I immediately recognized. Felt weird.

holy shit it exists
surely they don't tell you how to draw all the whacky types of animal dongs though, right?

I'm pretty sure it's for kids.

>tfw the scholastic book fair was so hype and my favorite thing at school

Stuff like that is what I miss about being a kid.

Why do people go to Cred Forums like it's a cool thing to do?

This was in my maths book as a kid.

I didn't know that artist got published. Even if it's furry, it's pretty good so that's nice.

but kids these days have smartphones/tablets and can google anything and everything within a few seconds, they will look up an artist's name and bam porn
this makes me wonder if any of the contributors to how to draw anime & how to draw manga ever did porn too

Because of the memes.

Mein Neger

Its like that time Rustles work appeared in a newspaper. Anyone have that?

Well if the children authors of our time could have jobs writing for playboy, I guess I have no problem with this.

I go there to see a different opinion, and to have a good laugh at some of the more out-there shit. I'm surrounded by shit like "Trump is literally the baby devil who will both destroy the USA and do nothing", and I've learnt that people are biased as fuck over the course of my life. Hell, as an example, a recent article in the national newspaper was essentially a giant run-on sentence complaining about Trump, and then ending in "he may be a good president lmao :^)". In all fairness, it was an opinion piece, but that shit was almost a full-page, printed with Trump's face, printed in the news. Something like that against Hillary would be relegated to the site, tucked away in a corner.

Two sides of a story is better than one. If I'm exposed to one radical side, it's fair that I go to the other radical side and see what they think. Without that, how can you say you've really heard both sides?

>rational people
>leftists

it's clear that homosexuality is bad on some level because it prevents people from reproducing

it's clearly being used to push an agenda and is an agenda in itself too. people are fed up with it and many other destructive leftist policies and are voting right wing now

What the fuck is that, Gaelic?

Ye.

O shit nigger I forgot all about these fuckers

>faggots
nice projection

So the dicks people drew on the front really WERE cannon

Bought a case on Amazon. Still have it. Costs like 5 bucks for 80 of em

It's just a survival game where you can arrange blocks into things and make neat things, you're getting way too mad about this.

>putting a sewing needle on the front so when you throw it it sticks to things
Im sorry Andy

Belgium here, got localised here as well, few years ago.

You literally have zero tastes if you did not find those images frightening. No one gave a fuck about the stories, but the drawings. Works of art.

Now kill yourself cancer.

>yeah but i bet it's not popula
It's out of stock.
Whaaaaaat theeeeee fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

>man these BOOKS are so spooky
>eww what the fuck reading no picture dun looked like it scurry tho

I never adhere to book burning, but this is one I wouldn't mind. Hitler be damned.

Oh hell yes I wasted so much money on you bastards and it was fucking WORTH IT.

I mean, who was making these.
>didnt buy one
>lift up carpet
>theres one under the carpet
Theres an elaborate message in these I swear to god, some poor man was trying to tell us something and the only way he could get the message out was like this.

>hurr durr shitposting
>hurr durr meme it up to myself

>the cancer is spreading
>making books based around popular franchises that children like so that they'll enjoy reading

SUCH CANCER

Wanted too read coz I heard it was really good but old me just couldn't grasp the writing style

It really is. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Simant was the fucking shit

wait what

>edge chronicles
My nigga above all otha niggas

I was the autist who hid out in the classroom reading the second book during breaktime at the age of 6, no fucking regrets.

In the school I work at these are pretty popular with the 4th and 5th graders.

Someday ill get a Sig because of these books

they never specified which model his bodyguard had but it stands out in my mind for some reason.

The stories are actually kindof lame. at times. But the art is incredible, really boosts it up.

>buy the graphic novel
>nude Holly within the first ten pages

She spends the entire book in skintight bodysuits too. The artist knew he was drawing for overgrown teenage fans at that point.

Yes it is. That's precisely what children's literature should be about and has been about for ages.

Thanks

How did literally every fucker I know have one of these, what cunt owns that design surely he is a a rich mother fucker

It's probably something like Fisher Price being rich while the designer lives in a hobo shack in an abandoned subway tunnel.

Anyone read this in school? Fucking awesome book.

Just saw this cancer at the book shop for 8 bucks weeks ago and this book was translated into my country language. What is wrong with you guys?

Mate, I had nightmares about The Dark Frog as a kid.
It doesn't have to be graphic to scare children.

They still write textbooks in Gaelic? I didn't think that was even still taught in schools.

how can I save the image without getting the stupid christmas hat thing in it??

>that santa
Dude's got some arms and legs on him, holy shit

Gotta have some muscle on 'im to carry around sacks of toys and climb around on roofs.

Basically, this. They're no better than camwhores on Twitch baiting horny teens with Mum's credit card. Worse, really because kids are infinitely less likely to know the value of a dollar or how to use ad blockers.

This shit started it all for me.
A goofy ass Lord of the Rings parody.

I wish my blanket would sing to me, sounds cozy as fuck

In Ireland yes, it's a required subject up until college. I assume you're thinking of Scottish Gaelic?

>$3
>112 pages
I feel like this is barely above the costs to actually produce a copy.

There's the possibility that it's subsidised or something.

That or they're just trying to get rid of the remaining stock.

I remember buying one of these magazines on how to draw manga when I was like 10 years old, little did I know how much naked girls were in the magazine, I lost count how many times I fapped to those. Good times.

>tfw had a How to Draw Magical Girls book
>tfw it was actually good and taught me how to draw tricky shit like hands

>reading goosebumps when I was a teen
>some stories make my peepee feel funny
>years later I have a transformation fetish

Shit, I got that from a flea market for fiddy cents a while back. Nothing special really, but hot shit for kids back in the day I bet.

Ive gone beyond questioning why people have certain fetishes, because I like some wierd shit myself, but this is just horrifying without the sexualization behind it.

I used to just read those like regular books in order to get undrr all my friends skin

You know what the scariest thing about this kind of transformation fetish is?
It's not even remotely sexual. I mean, yes, they're likely masturbating to it, but they don't intend to fuck it. You can't fuck a vaccuum cleaner. They're just aroused by the idea of a woman turning into an appliance.
That's such a fucking alien thought process that it scares me.

Step aside anons.
>I'll never have the full original set
It hurts.

>my family is full of mac puritans

Your childhood must have been terrible

Pikachu was cuter back when he was round and chubby.

I vaguely recall this and/or a whole grossout series of books

I remember seeing 10/10 best game ever reviews ever.

Then I rented it.

Holy shit, what a flop.

This was great

Why not? I would've thought this series' popularity made it easy to collect.

They got republished, like a lot of books. New front covers, all that.

He's talking about the first editions and whatnot, not just having some copy of the book.

And no-one's selling the older edition second hand?

>they didn't both go gay for each other
Fucking dropped

Ok Cred Forums, should I buy $100 worth of these right now? Will post proof. 0 decides.

Follow your dreams

I wonder if there is an ego raptor one.

Yeah, same here. Doesn't help with the super confusing magic system.

Nah, fuck it. Gonna do it anyway. BRB

Actually, the first 3 books are fantastic. After that they gradually go down in quality though. I would say stop reading after pic related.

got you senpai

Das it.
Also recently found out that an artist that did work on Gravity falls draws extreme guro and rape. Its just amusing to me. Good art is good art, its nice when people can seperate porn from SFW content with artists..

Yeah exactly, that's why I'm telling user to not finish the series.

Are you afraid of the dark was never a book. Be honest user, you never read them

Canada has a cartoon adaption of this

RCT2 triple pack (full game) is on humble bundle right now for $1

>You can't fuck a vaccuum cleaner.

A vacuum cleaner is one of the few appliances you CAN fuck.

but shouldn't anyway

>google herobrine out of curiosity
>article on the official minecraft wiki links to Cred Forums

jesus fucking christ

We did it!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=RtgcWnlN0uw

Do you actually get to fight t-rexes in power armor? that would be pretty bad-ass

You're doing god's work user

I was thinking of that skit when I made my post, almost included it.

reminds me of this series

What're you going to do with em? Give them away? Build your own fleet of foam aircraft?

Will post again when I receive 744 of these fuckers.

maybe I missed out
Where's the fourth?

>order it
>turns it out it was almost 2 years old at the time
>almost everything was obsolete
I just stuck to discussing the economy on the forums

>I would say stop reading after pic related.
What? No.

Stop reading after The Time Paradox. That's the perfect end to the series.

Put needles on their noses and release them all from a skyscraper
Deus vult

Hmmm, good point. Should probably buy some infantry...wonder what the going rate for the tan ones is...

fuck that was my favorite book series in middle school into high school and the fucking movie was so toned down and shitty I was so mad it never developed into a bigger franchise

So what's going to happen in 10 years time when we have a nostalgia thread and this shit starts popping up?

Is this some meta joke I'd get if I had read the books

First book

>find out that the world is fucked, giant asteroid is going to kill everyone on earth
>First half of the book is protag trying to get the girl he likes onto the "Noah's ark" that he and his family are going to get onto.
>government catches hims quick
>midway through LA get obliterated by a >chunk of the asteroid that's going to hit, ends with a first person view of the girl he likes seeing all of it and dieing from being impaled by a steel beam.
>Ends with the protagonist watching the asteroid ripping the planet apart.
>epilogue of the book is explaining how everyone goes into hyper sleep, except the psychic boy who remains awake for the full 500 year voyage.

KA Applegate is one fucked up lady.

Time Paradox and Atlantis Complex (+Lost Colony to a smaller extent) always read like fanfiction to me. Like he browsed too much FF.net and it gradually seeped into the later works until they were full of special snowflake donut steels. I remember being really angry immediately after each release of the later four books, but after a couple years of rereads I've come to like them more, garbage elements and all. The final book is actually pretty solid right up until the end.

Also you can wash out the garbage taste by reading Airman afterwards, that shit is tight.

You know what you can do?
>tie a few on strings on the back of peoples cars
or just tie a whole squadron escort to the back of your own car if you drive.

I read that and then the last book because it was to me, interesting to know how did it end, I dont know whether to call it outright bad, but it was, eh, nothing special.

kek

Didn't that starfish chick beat someone to death with her severed arm or something?

>mfw I got the sunglasses with mirrors in the sides
I've never felt so coo in my life.

No, I legitimately think it's the best point to stop reading the series. The ending of The Time Paradox explains what set into motion the events of the first book.

Holy shit my big bro had both of those. But he could actually draw pretty well and is a graphic designer now.

I even have another Katy Coope one right here on my shelf that be bought me for my birthday when I was like 12.

But anons pic related is the time paradox book
I'm so confused

like these ones?

Shove them all up your ass. Do it.

it's a good book though, even if you don't like the subject, antropomorphic animals are a long tradition in comics and cartoons, you jsut got triggered by a word there.

Fairly light reads, most of the early books are pretty self contained, later books get REALLY good. The ending kinda sucks, but it really can't be helped.

>Harold was a fag all along
I FUCKING KNEW IT

I wish we could go back to the good old days when kids played with sticks

Pointy end first though

those books are full of lies.

>Western Australia
The further West you go in Australia the more crazy a cunt you're likely to be - godspeed on your quest you magnificent crazy bastard.

Did you just realized this?

I worked as a teacher and Minecraft is more popular with kids than a lot of Nintendo properties sans Pokemon.

yeah but that shit is all pixelated and airs more on the side of 'cool' then 'obvious fetish art to fap over'

The megaman zero artist being a hentai artist of loli's peeing is another matter.

Kids today still like Pokemon? I've asked my little sisters and they say that no one they know plays them.

Pray for me.

what the fuck i love miu
what book is that

what the fuck kind of nightmare are you planning user?

>800 needles for 4 wasteland bucks
How

Doing Australia proud madman user. I'll keep an eye out for you in the news.

but it's pixel guro and chibi nudity

Paul Robertson

Its really surprising how well groomed Minecraft was to become a success. Comparing it to other huge vidya properties in the 90s and 00s, it has every aspect covered.

>90s
>Mario, Crash, Sonic, Pokemon are popular
>All of them exclusives, parents usually only bougth kids one system
>Though Pokemon was bigger because it had cross-media on lock with the anime and cards
>00s
>Halo, GTA, Kingdom Hearts?, Ratchet and Clank
>Usually a console exclusive, or more mature subject matter so not every kid could get to it

Minecraft really is cross platform. It runs on pretty much any PC, and smartphones are fucking everywhere. There's no way something could've gotten this big in the 90s.

Pokemon Go is a thing at the school I was at (school is a super liberal school and lets kids wander around out of the school etc.) and I saw a lot of kids with 3DS(plural) on break.

Yeah, I'm surprised Minecraft blew up the way it did. I still remember being in highschool when I noticed the TF2 post on it and from there it blew up.

Imo it's probably because it's simple to play and "hard to master" e.g. time consuming to build a castle, palace etc. and furnish it. Not to mention it allows kids to express themselves which was why the kids with autism loved it since it gave them something to express themselves with and allows them to connect with some of their peers.

I will tell them that I am a redditor.

I have no fucking idea how I am going to do 700 hundred of them. But I manage at least 50, the fear that I was attempting to throw 700 should make the news.

Wait, he does? I know the Etrian Odyssey guy does loli, and stopped on account of working on the games but where is this Megman artists stuff.

h o l y s h i t

I've been trying to remember this series for like 10 years, I thought I must have dreamed it.

Thanks!

>tfw Miu doesn't do porn anymore

I always thought the appeal of minecraft was "cheap and limitless box of lego that takes up no physical space", but then they started making physical minecraft toys.

>I noticed the TF2 post on it and from there it blew up.
>there are people in this thread who didn't fuck around on the shared accounts for minecraft back during indev.
God its been years.
I've been on this shitty website for almost a decade now.

Minecraft lego dlc when
Let us complete the circle

Oh yeah dude, pretty good series too. Found the first book just kinda laying in the hallway during middle school, Got hooked, sorry dude who dropped it.

If it's popular with kids, then chances are you can make money by selling merch.

You know when Todd Howard said you can do anything? That's pretty much it with Minecraft, especially with mods.

There's already Minecraft lego sets m8

I'm not really talking about the gameplay, its more the pure accessibility of it. I graduated last year and I still find installs of the game on every school PC.

kind of happened years ago m8

My fucking nigger. I loved this shit

No, I meant the other way
Lego pieces in Minecraft

Sounds like he made it in life.

RIP, what does he do now?

No is not you fucking sack of STD!

Anyone else have a bookfu from back when?

I just loved the Garth Nix books in general but I never see anyone talk about them. Keys to the Kingdom was tight too, but I aged out before they were finished.

I've seen some shit in my day...
This? Takes the fucking cake and eats it too.

You've obviously never seen a kid light a firecracker in his boxers while in bed for no reason.

>12 years old
>new school
>once a day they do 'reading time' where you pick any book you want and get an hour to read it
>or just fucking nap or play cards, this is the country motherfucker
>first day at this school, don't have my own book, don't know anybody to play cards with
>teacher shows me a tub of books I can choose from
>all that's left is a bunch of trash books from the 50s, except buried in the bottom
>Introduction to Forensics
>a complete university level introduction to the study of forensic science, complete with graphic photo imagery of crime scenes
>what the fuck
>read that shit every day for four months until a substitute teacher sees me with it and takes it from me

Yeah, don't watch the dub.

Can confirm
exhentai.org/s/e9785c0d1a/980870-77

>his husband

wow its like kids like kid stuff
kill urself, ur the kind of a guy who looks at kids doing kid stuff and goes "wow, so cringe"

Y E S

Cash money nigga

Am I a massive faggot seeing as the 2 book series I read the most as a kid was LOTR and Harry Potter?

wew lad I didn't even know I was into this kind of stuff

I had this, I don't really remember, but I think the things it guided you to draw were pretty good. Of course that means it was harder though.

>read escape from nightmare mall or something like that
>one ending has the protag being stuffed in a box full of clothes and slowly suffocating
It was the shit

I already yell at "the cloud"

Because unsecured storage begs to be accessed without my consent

this shit was actually very good

WHO /ANIMOPRHS/ HERE?

right is best waifu

Just SFW or slightly smut.

>A mall in fucking Siberia.
>A stand with bunch of "american" stuff so to speak, like Dr. Pepper, Oreos and, you guessed it, Minecraft, from Lego sets to plushies.
This is fucking creepy, especially if you take into account the fact that Russia has most autistic Minecraft playes. And most autistic gamers overall.

just wanted to drop by and say that goosebumps books aren't very good. they're ok for kids but they have some legit bad writing. RL Stine is not a good writer.

I remember the preview said they basically ended up on a place that was like Planet on acid.
Did it ever amount to anything?

Also, who Bionicle here?

>this series of children's books is only good for children

You don't say?

>TFW only had The Miserable Mill, The Vile Village and the Wide Window.

Wish I was able to find hard copies of the rest. Great books regardless for terrible times

>you jsut got triggered by a word there.

But user, how can you say that wasn't the worst possible word to use to describe those characters? It has such longstanding association with sex that it'd be like writing a book about drawing kid characters and calling it "How to Draw: Loli and Shota!"

Are you saying this doesn't look decent?

lmao wouldn't u like to know, I called the FBI on your ass

>my school had the whole first-edition
>lost interest at horrid hospital
it hurts

>boy
Yeah sure.

I do say, because you have manchild autismos who defend garbage for children like super mario galaxy 2, adventure time, steven universe, and amiibo.

how did it end

>boy

>Megatokyo is still going
Jesus christ.

Superior horror series coming through

>boy

On a cliffhanger in the middle of a space battle

>draw a girl
>call it a boy

>dreamy
so that's what "that" other book was trying to draw

did anyone else kinda drop the magic tree house when the Merlin Missions started? It kinda lost its magic after that for me

Of course I defend garbage for children.
Children are suppose to do child stuff, and if someone feels like
A. They're not mature enough
B. They wanna watch something innocent
why couldn't they? I'm already a post-ironic being, so I think everyone can watch and listen and read whatever they want, without feeling bad that they're not being cool or hipster.
Of course when they become fanatical about the stuff, then its a problem

10 bucks the authors of that book have a secret yiff account on FA.

>this thing that isn't for my demographic is garbage because I don't like it

please don't be so autistic

Goddamn that knight design is badass.
I wish the anime was better.

>demon boy(female)

oh goody

dumbing more occult garbage

Was this big anywhere outside Australian schools?
It was huge here.

What about that minecraft book we were discussing tho

Reminds me of early Berserk for some reason.

The problem is manchildren who consume those things and hold them in high regard. Hell, even if a 30 year old reads goosebumps I wouldn't care, just as long as he acknowledges that the books aren't that good. I'm just talking about adults who act like Steven Universe is the modern day Don Quixote.

Followed by a message from Applegate basically saying "FUCK IT, I'M DONE, CHECK OUT THIS NEW SERIES I WROTE AFTER PLAYING ALPHA CENTAURI ON BAD ACID"

>anime based on Australian Children's books

why

>anime aussies

I have never wanted anything more than I want that.

>tfw brother called you gay for ordering those card captor sakura books from schoolastic

>seeing the first halo novel for the first time in one of these bad boys

Your filename is wrong, the person who made these books is actually a britbong. I've met her at a few cons and she's fucking dreadful.

>brother calls you gay for wanting delicious loli
he was the faggot, user

I like it. Just wish the artist drew the eyes a bit closer to each other and didn't do that shit where you put the eyes/eyebrows in front of the hair.

At the time of writing, Rodda had kids who played video games and rejected books. She wrote DQ as a "video game in book series format" specifically to try and regain their interest - each novel acts as a zone/world with a somewhat self contained plot, end boss and key item that ties into the overarching plot.

IIRC she decided that anime was the new thing kids were into, so she went that route to generate book interest, as Harry Potter had the theatrical film market cornered and most other adaptations at the time bombed hard - even something popular like Unfortunate Events.

>be little and love reading
>living with single mom so we're kinda poor
>finally allowed 1 book from scholastic propaganda.
>rich now. Still cherish this book more than most things. :)
>Carly was a real cunt though

This thread reminded me of the Keys to the Kingdom books, I used to love those but I only ever read up to Sir Thursday, anyone know if these still hold up today or is it one of those things that's only good when you're a kid

... how did that guy get his head stuck to the wall like that? or is it joke

Both are equally bad senpai

These books were the shit, video game adaptation when?

Honestly, I could see these being some great designs for a new Castlevania.

Grim Tuesday was my favourite tbqh, but Sir Thursday is a close second.

>Gary Stu The Adventures
>good

Fuck off, they're great.
I want a game as Shriek.

Jasmines anime design is pretty fuckable desu.

I said "the shit" (meaning great) not "shit"

I was there when this shitty meme was invented

I didn't think it was funny, no one did anyway, but it sure did take off on reddit.

>I was there when this shitty meme was invented
>tfw

What meme? Minecraft?

>accuses people of being autismo manchildren
>posts umaru

Nice try

youtube.com/watch?v=bUFWXpYJKaI

the fuck you say?

I mean scholastic always carried what's popular with the kiddies. I remember books about Pokemon, Ed Ed and Eddy, etc.

i kinda wanna fuck that demon girl

Oh fuck me. I'm just used to people on Cred Forums hating everything. You have great taste.

I only had the second book, but the first chapter fucked my shit up
I remember all the characters having cringy ass nicknames like TwoFace or whatever

They still do it for me, but I love all of Nix's work. I remember first reading the Seventh Tower series from pic related, and I loved it.
I'd recommend going back and reading friday, saturday and sunday, they're good reads and shit really hits the fan.

Superior children's book coming through
>gets surprisingly serious towards the end

holy shit, this is by the guys who wrote the edge saga twig stuff. Loved these books as a kid even though they were kinda violent (creatures constantly getting crushed and killed etc). Noice.