How do you deal with somebody who prefers Kazooie over Tooie?

How do you deal with somebody who prefers Kazooie over Tooie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t028IEHnlX8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Swift and repeated blows to the head

Tooie was laggy as fuck and fuck cloud cuck land

you praise them for their superior taste
it's me

tooie is way too repetitive and has a lot of fluff. the FPS parts are absolute bullshit.

How do you deal with people who say both games are anything more than "ok"?

Tooie has too many minigames, fuck those.
I actually finished playing Kazooie two days ago and currently playing tooie, Im in Jollys lagoon right now, where the backtracking starts to get really annoying

Kazooie is a much more concise game, almost like every part was chosen specifically and sculpted deliberately to help guide and influence the player.
Tooie gave some much needed upgrades to the gameplay, and expanding the absolute fuck out of the over/interworld interaction.
I love both of the games though.

What if I consider both games equally good and representative of some of the most imaginative game design ever seen?

Some levels are really nice but fuck Terrydactland with a rusty pipe.

A lot of people are saying tooie has too many mini games or whatever, but I personally thought the world's got too big in tooie.
It starts off great, the first three world's are fantastic, then the world's start becoming way bigger, with connections to other worlds and if you stop playing the game for a long time you could get confused by the layout of the levels and wondering if youve already got that jiggy from beating that boss or reaching the top of the level or whatever.
Grunty industries is a good example

Kazooie is objectively better.
Tooie's levels are way too fucking huge, have tons of forced backtracking in a game that shouldn't have it, and minigames up the ass.

Then you're the guy South Park makes fun of constantly, not being able to choose a side

Wow way to have an opinion man
I bet every movie you see is "good" too

>not liking based cuck music
youtube.com/watch?v=t028IEHnlX8

This dilemma is going to haunt me for the rest of my life. I literally can't choose one over the other.

They both have their own set of flaws, and both games are great in their own way. To me they're equal.

Tooie had way too much backtracking.

But there's no side to choose, both games are on my top ten and just happen to be around the same level of quality, though in slightly different ways. I have no reason not to give high praise to both.

fuck grunty industries

I liked Kazooie because each level was pretty standalone and you could be sure when you beat it.

I think the reason I'd say Tooie is the better game is that the game doesn't feel like a simple collection of levels, it feels like a massive world and it gives me a huge sense of adventure.

Sure, some of the jiggies can be tedious on subsequent playthroughs, and the backtracking can be annoying, but replaying Kazooie just feels stale after a while. It's too basic. The worlds are way too small, so to me it feels like "been there, done that" pretty quick.

Kazooie has very little variety, no real boss fights, etc. If I wanted a pure platformer and nothing else, I'd play Mario 64.

>you'll never save them

I have the exact opposite opinion. The first ocuple of levels were garbage, but then the game opens up and becomes fantastic, with Grunty Industries being the best one you figure it out. My brother still hasn't figured out how to get in to the entrance.

Tooie is fucking shit.

why

its the framerate right

Both these games are fucking terrible

Ask again while they play Rusty Bucket Bay

Minigames are fine, and generally fun. They also help you feel like you actually earned your Jiggies.

Kazooie has too many Jiggies just lying around in the open, fuck those.

Good point. Also, Tooie looks similar but is actually a very different type of game. It's almost more of a puzzle game.

Kazooie demands that you fully explore each world in a single sitting, whereas Tooie actively prevents you from finishing a world in one visit without backtracking.

(I prefer Tooie, both are great)

Grunty: a Shodan for the whole family