SPOOPY GAMES

Welcome to October anons! We're all looking for some spooky games to play. Post the spoopiest games you know

Pic related, my contribution. Dead space emmer effers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kuYnjhmR-rE
youtube.com/watch?v=Dv3lr-m1wvE
youtube.com/watch?v=eMfRqxcsjZI
wkduffy.wordpress.com/category/day-of-the-zombie-pc-2009-canada/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is Siren Blood Curse any good? Got it a few months ago with PS+ and will probably end up playing it this month, how scary is it?

why are americans so obsessed with halloween? why do they fucking post about their stupid holiday even when it's an entire month away?

It is pretty good and scary.

Replaying Corpse Party on my PSP, then going to replay MediEvil. After that, Mad Father, then Resident Evil. Any other suggestions after?

exactly. it''s just as spooky as we need it to be

Blood Curse is pretty creepy and tense. It's also stylish.... at least I would say so.

PREVIOUSLY ON SIREN really tickeled something that felt a lot like the LOST intro's tension that seemed to work for the game kind of.

I wanna play Alien: Isolation just because I love the Alien franchise, but the game seems kind of long and boring. It looks beautiful so I wanna see what that game has to offer but it's just kind of a bummer to experience.

Alien Isolation is a pretty good game in my opinion, give it a try user.

Because come november its thanksgiving time, and then december is christmas time, gotta keep up halloween as the distraction holiday of the month.

America loves the last three months

Demons Crest (snes) is pretty spoopy.

Atmosphere and design are good. Gameplay and controls are love or hate.
For me it's unplayable. Always lost motivation after a few levels with the series.
If you can get over it, you'll like it. If you can't, you'll hate it.

Non stop good times till years end. Fall is pretty comfy, then halloween so good parties and shit, dressing up, drinking whatever, plus general spooky feels.
Then food and then more food at christmas, which is obviously great too. Then more party at new years.

I played fatal frame/project zero 1. Was very comfy, and once you'll get into it, it becomes very chilling/ spooky.
Had some of the best scares in vidya.
The second game is praised as the best.

Runs well on ps3 (psn, us store). In Emulation combat only works in software mode, and has slow downs in in some sences, especially outside with weather effects.

I got a group of games I've been holding off til October for Halloween.

I got Deadly Premonition, Soma and Silent Hill 3 to play for the first time.

Silent Hill 1 is pretty spooky. The beginning is terror, if you are 15 and playing it for the first time, can't handle the controls and camera yet, and the controler vibrates violently as you get hurt.
The ugly graphics surprisingly add well to the atmosphere.

I highly recommend Haunting Ground. It's everything Clock Tower wishes it could've been. The main charm for me was how scripted the stalker appearances were for the most part.

Now that October is here, I think I'm gonna play through Fatal Frame 3, might replay FF2 on a higher difficulty, will play through ZombiU, might replay REmake again, and finally finish Dead Space 2. Might try to go through SH2 as well, although I have the Xbox version and only a 360 to play it on. Supposedly there's something wrong with playing it on a 360 but I forgot what.

Really wish I had an HDD for my Wii U so I could download FFV and play through that as well. Maybe next year.

How NOT* scripted they were, fuck

See Fall is probably the best time of the whole year, in terms of feel-good fun times, holidays, and holiday events.

Everyone likes to get spooked and it's nice that we have a whole holiday and I guess a whole month for that. Plus you have local haunted houses, Halloween costume parties, trick 'r' treating, Halloween specials on tv, shit's great.

And then Thanksgiving, which is like guaranteed good, free food if you have family members who know how to cook.

And then motherfucking Christmas, the comfiest time of the year.

Feels good to be an Ameriburger.

Why do Europoors pretend not to have an inferiority complex.

Get lots of candy, wear fun costumes, enjoy scary and spooky entertainment and you don't have obligations to buy people presents or see family members.

Man, I really do pity you yuropoors.
You all seem so miserable.

>im not american so i must be european

you're clearly not AMERICAN

halloween is literally the only break we get before 3 fucking months of christmas advertising bombarding us. asshole retailers have begun playing christmas music immediately after halloween. SPOOPY MONTH is the spiritual dread we feel towards this mercantile perversion of the christmas spirit.

why the fuck do you like being scared? are you evolutionarily broken?

MAY THE RATS EAT YOUR EYES! I AM NOW LOST TO YOUR CAUSE! THE DARKNESS COMES!

The original Siren is better.

>why the fuck do you like being scared? are you evolutionarily broken?
It's fun.

People like to be thrilled once in a while. Horror is one of the most popular genres in film and literature.

real convincing argument there champ i think i'll go scare myself shitless

Eternal Darkness!

think anyone cares what you're gonna go and do?

See It's thrilling in its own right. People like being filled up with suspense and dread. It's cathartic too.

And sometimes horror can be used to deliver a good narrative with a message or theme.

about as much as any sane person cares about your stupid holiday

I'm not American and I like Halloween so get fucked

Isnt the scariest thing in this game the censorship?

Is there any place else that matters?

Its atmosphere is top notch.

you'd have to be an idiot to not be jealous of a day where the land who enjoys EXCESS decides to be excessive in the open and makes bomb af food for a day and just invites anybody to share.

it's dope dude, any human should see it.

I thought thanksgiving was about food? or do you consider candy food?

>really want to play this
>Nintendo decided it'd be a real good idea to not make physical copies in the West
Thanks a whole lot, Nintendo.

"The Universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience. Why should you deserve special consideration within it, Augustus, above all else?"

It's more of an excuse to just play horror games or watch horror movies than to actually "celebrate" Halloween. It's just a convenient excuse because it happens to be on the last day of the month. So the whole month is kind of like a horror-binging month.

No. No. user.
If you like fatal frame play V now. Right now. Get a HDD.

This game is amazing. Its a loveletter to fatal frame and survival horror fans. I

you do it on both. once in October and then again in Nov before the year is dne.

pargon pargon pargon

Do you have autism?

>That fucking Tall Woman.

Honestly my favorite Horror games tend to have a cheeky sense of humor to them.

I dont think RE4 even counts as a horror game

>that fucking part on pro
Only time I had issues with QTEs that entire run.

Anybody play The Void? Is it spoopy?

RE should stay the fuck out of horror threads except for 7 and maybe the remake of 1

Kinda, it is incredibly tense all the time and the world is so fucking weird that you will feel uneasy.

REmake is one of the greatest games of all time.

Fatal Frame 5 felt so so, it had its scary moments but most of the time it felt more tense than scary but hey it has best Fatal Frame girl

Hey douchebag

Xelotath Pargon Pargon Pargon Antorbok Pargon Pargon Pargon Redgremor

youtube.com/watch?v=kuYnjhmR-rE

You could try emulating Fatal Frame V user.

Only scary thing about 5

>the fucking phone booth in the last chapter

What was with her?

The third chasers music made me panic like shit given its crazy and hectic vibe. The others felt a bit more like a nuisance after a certain point

She's literally a Jap creepypasta, Hachishakusama or something

best atmosphere

The SNES Clocktower game is fucking spooky as hell.

So basically she was the equivalent of a western dev putting Slenderman in their games?

Well in a sense yes.

Silent Hill
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 3
Silent Hill: Alchemia
Alien Isolation
Yume Nikki
Mad Father
Ib
Witch's House
Aoi Oni
Corpse Party
Misao
Underhell
Nightmare House 2
Gray
Afraid of Monsters
Cry of Fear
In Pursuit of Loath Nolder
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Fatal Frame 2
Pathologic

It's about cultural identity and integrity, you probably wouldn't understand.

That game is weird. The music got me on the edge most of the time. Had some flaws, and a genuine spook in the middle. After that it declined a little

Ib is comfy as fuark

youtube.com/watch?v=Dv3lr-m1wvE

DAMN THIS SHIT LOOKS SCARY

I'm playing RE1 for the first time is it wrong to use a walkthrough? That shit is tedious and I'm probably a dumbass so inb4.

I just got to Yawn and should I fight him or just leave?

that thumbnail its really deceptive to the eyes.

I want to be in that Jill sandwich.

Don't feel bad for walk-throughing. It's a little more atmospheric, if you play without and only read up, when you get stuck. The giant snake is relatively easy, once you know what to do. You can even knife him most of the time. But you'll probably panic the first time around. Running around in circles isn't exactly easy with the camera angels as well.
Game has a few secrets, that are supposed to be found on consecutive playthroughs (you can avoid a boss fight entirely and save a group member), but with a walk-through you'll get it on your first playthrough.

Is the Penumbra series good? Had them forever but never got around to playing.

How fucked am I going in blind?

who annual /dansgaming/ marathon here?

comfy month ahead

I already know spoilers because I love the modern games and played the fuck out of them just never played the originals. Still atmospheric because that dog still got me and the "dead nigga" in the first room next to the map even though I was saying to myself he isn't dead.

I'm going to play Jill and Claire first then later in the month Chris and Leon. I shouldn't need a walkthrough as much for 2 will I?

Remember Ash vs Evil Dead is back for you deadites out there.

Agreed on that.

I wouldn't mind if they remastered it and the others for modern audiences.

White Night is a good recent one. It has lots of very good and fluid scares. Overall the atmosphere is just what really gets to ou.. It took many inspirations from Hitvhcock, Residen Evil, Chandler, and looks great with a striking graphical style.

Best scare for me was a grandfather clock that chime on the hour, every hour that you play. Literally made me just ever time.

>made me just

What did you look like before user? It does look like a cool game.

I enjoy that feeling of dread while you're surrounded by things that should not be that aren't openly hostile.

Does this game run well on an emulator?

I'm stuck on the final boss of Revelations for 3DS what are some tips? I'm tempted to just start a new game so I can replay but I want to beat that bastard first.

Undead Nightmare and Nightmare and Northpoint have some pretty good atmosphere too.

Aim for the guy's heart, for starters

Back up while shooting him. He'll teleport behind you too, so watch out for that shit.

When he starts making doubles of himself, the one with the purple smoke coming out of him is the real one. Shoot his heart before he hits you.

When he's crouched over, shoot the obvious weak spot with the strongest gun you have.

Learning to dodge helps too.

I never found this boss to be as hard as everyone thought it was.

>When he's crouched over, shoot the obvious weak spot with the strongest gun you have.
Although iirc, you might just want to kick him. In Raid Mode, it's a good idea to just shoot him but in the campaign, you might not have enough ammo or strong enough guns. In which case, disregard what I said and just kick the motherfucker.

The month everyone plays spooky games apart from me because I'm a cowardly faggot.

I looked up some faqs for every old-school RE at some points. Mostly for getting stucked (rarely) or reading up what equipment i'm supposed to have for a boss. Some bosses can be cheesed with a knife, some need ten grenade launcher shots. And since I suck at those fights, I read it up after two deaths.

youtube.com/watch?v=eMfRqxcsjZI

The dev studio behind Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green also released Day of the Zombie.

A game which they apparently worked on before Land of the Dead.

wkduffy.wordpress.com/category/day-of-the-zombie-pc-2009-canada/

Its October so I guess I have to stream a VtM: Bloodlines play through over and over.

I also need to play Dead Space 1 and 2, its been years.

Absolutely love this one. Atmosphere is captivating and spooky. Wish there were more like this.

I'd massage that woman's feet scare the fuck out of her.

should i play Fatal Frame 1 or just go straight to 2?

Never played 2, but can recommend 1, found it great.

They are all good, first is best though.

Absolutely terrifying at times, play in the dark with headphones on. VR would probably cause a heart attack

Why are foreigners so shitty

I've been saving Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon for this month

I've got in my backlog now I have a reason to finish it. Thanks senpai and I never played the first one so I didn't compare it to 1.