How were we supposed to know to jump into a blank wall?

How were we supposed to know to jump into a blank wall?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XUtGzQK1VYI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Weird dead end
Exploration

Only 90s kids will get this.

Chances are that while chasing the rabbit you would have come close enough to the wall to see it ripple.

why cant metroid crawl?

Yeah, I never had a problem with this OP, But it probably has to do with how fishy you find a dead end.

why does he....

pause....

when hes talking.....

nooooooooooooooooo fuck you

It never occurred to me that there wouldn't be a secret, desu. Blank walls just didn't exist in dungeons - there was always something, be it a trap or a single coin.

it was never funny you piece of shit, just fuck off

Not related to the thread in the slightest

He probably has some form of Autism or Aspergers, and I'm not joking when I say that. Also he is just bad at public speaking. He might have had this whole speech planned out in his head, but when it comes out of his mouth, it sounds like that.

kys

Why did he even make a video? With fifty fucking minutes of talking? Doesn't he just post game music

Because the wall ripples when you run into it just like the paintings.

It fucking ripples when you go near it

>Check Star Status Screen
>Big fucking gap between Lethal Lava Land and before Dire Dire Docks
>DDD is still in the basement and you need the key from Bowser in the Fire Sea to get any further
>Do the math

What kind of retard to you have to be?

same retard that got stuck on those Sonic cylinders.

This is the correct answer. Miyamoto's game design philosophy is that you should be led to find something on your own but not outright given the answer.

If there were no rabbit I'd agree that it just being a dead end is too subtle. But you're intended to ripple the wall while chasing him.

An oddly placed dead end and when you get close enough it ripples like the paintings. The ripple is what gave it away to me as a kid.

>dont know who this is
>check his channel
>bunch of music albums
>every song is a shitty meme

why is he popular again?

>those cylinders

The rabbit leads you to it

>N64 on a flatscreen tv

Because memes aside, some of the mashups are pretty damn good.

Example:
youtube.com/watch?v=XUtGzQK1VYI

Lethal Lava Land is the best level in SM64. Prove me wrong.

No. Fuck those cylinders. I never figured out how to get past them.

>Being a CRT faggot
>current year

Enjoy your 80kg TV that falls through the foundations of your house

its the worst level in the basement besides DDD

Yeah let me just haul a fucking CRT into my living room every time I want to play an old game. Sounds great.

Never had a problem with that one. The 2nd snow level is the one I didn't find until years later.

it ripples when you get close to it

Is this nigger fucking serious? He has the hat taken away from him so this fucker is just bullshitting everyone.

You guys are fucking stupid.

It's probably the most platformery level in 64.

I guess.

Fuck off back Facebook, instagram, and reddit you fucking filth.
>all crts are super heavy!
As expected of filthy Gen z mouthbreathers

>All crts are super heavy
>yfw they're even heavier than I was memeing earlier

>people are getting sour grapes over CRTs
I never thought I'd see this.

Crts are for nostalgia faggots. I bet you still own a flip phone.

Were you even alive when either of those were the norm? Do you have some persona vendetta against CRTs?

Where can you even find a decent CRT though? Ebay?

>Not dragging your og Xbox and crt around town for halo Lan paties

>Destroying your car's suspension and crippling your lower back for life by lugging around a CRT

it's a weird dead end

it ripples when you touch it

if you somehow didn't catch on, when trying to grab mips you will inevitably dive into the wall causing mario to bonk off and the ripple being incredibly obvious

has anybody thought about just how trippy the idea of jumping into surfaces to enter stages is? we're all familiar with it because this game is a major part of pop culture, but in a vacuum it just seems like an utterly bizarre and creative concept. it perfectly facilitates exploration under the hardware limitations of the time (any surface can have a hidden stage in it because literally every surface is a huge polygon)

Just pick one up off the curb/craigslist/goodwill

i have three 30+ inch in my basement if you want one
pickup only

i actually never found it until i was older and played SM64 DS

who /retard/ here

I honestly don't believe you

First of all it's a suspicious dead end on a game about jumping into paintings. Also by now you should know the castle has secret places, so by instinct you would try to at least wall jump into it.

On top of that there's a chance you'll touch it whille chasing the bunny.

well i dunno, i was 6-7 years old or so.

The concept of jumping into paintings to explore the painting itself wasn't really new even back then

Pretty much this, the bunny brought me here and I saw a shimmer on it. So I jumped at it. The one I had a problem finding when I was young was the one on the wall that you find in the mirror reflection.

BBH has a larger Boo with an object inside him, TTM is a tiny but auspicious painting in a room of recycled portraits, I sometimes fucked up remembering which side of the room Rainbow Ride is on and even Snowman's Land appears as a snowman painting in the mirror. This is just a regular ol' wall.

Of course if you missed it for 20 years, you have legit brain damage.