Which one is the better summon?

Which one is the better summon?

big guy

Big spider. Damage resistance is calculated weird sometimes

Left is better because even if he has 1hp left it still has 20 strength.

Biggy doesn't have to worry 'bout AOEs

this right here, once a small spider dies its damage output is gone.

Right, just because I like summoning more than one thing at a time tbqh

4 small ones for utility. Get them to set up web traps in a perimeter

4 small ones since they can distribute their strength to multiple enemies more efficiently.

But is easier to CC

But wouldn't the big one have better resistance to stuns? Wouldn't a shield bash or something like that be less effective against a bigger opponent?

Both

I don't think I've ever played a game where the bigger your summon, the more resistance to stun.

There is no human in this pic, so we dont know how big Big Spider really is.

right.
my conjurers usually revolve around quantity rather than quality and overwhelming opponents and raising more shit faster than they can put it away

What if they're all the size of actual spiders and the choice doesn't matter, since they'll get stepped on either way?

Maybe its some type of "Ant war" type of game, where you fight using bugs

Such is life.

SRPG: Right

RPG: Left

Depends on your enemies damage honestly.

If greater than 5 but less than 10, definitely left as every one of those cunts on the right can potentially get one shotted before they attack. If greater than 20 than obviously right as one could get additional hits in whereas the one on the left would get one shotted.

I'm going to go right unless big guy can take at least four hits, I'd assume the other ones would have to be hit individually and could distract more targets.

Seems like they'd be more versatile over all.

Surely this is just a step, like some sort of novice summoning practice. Maybe this choice branches out to more powerful renditions of the spiders?

Experience with RPG's tells me left, or I won't get through the opponent's Defense.

No, user. You're just some guy who can only summon either 4 regular sized spiders or one slightly larger-but-still-pretty-tiny spider

Damn...

>select the right option
>enemy uses 1 skill that does 150 aoe damage
>suddenly all of your summons are dead

Left is the only logical choice.

Depends on the meta

But I'll go with the one holding a party hat

>select the left option
>enemy uses 1 skill that does 600 direct damage
>suddenly your only summon is dead

>select the left option
>enemy has a 600 damage attack that can only fire once every 10 seconds
>right is the only logical choice

Having a bunch of little spiders is way better if your minion's attacks count as your own for auto-cast equipment.
Back in Ragnarok you could set-up a field of mandragora and they were super weak individually, but with their lightning fast attack speed you'd melt any monster headed your way by shitting a constant stream of firebolts and fireballs.

That depends, am I fighting something with an instantkill move?

Right side because my build is based around summons and they'll benefit more from my buffs.

>enemy does 150 aoe damage

enjoy your puny minions

>enemy does a single heavy hit

Enjoy only having one decoy.

But if their aoe damage is split between every target it hits those little spiders really boost your survivability, taking only 20% damage.

Left is objectively superior.

>Polymorph left
>AoE right

two 300/10 would be better, unless you won't ever be fighting casters then I guess left since a meatshield is handy.

25% bro, but who's to say how aoes work in this "game"?

If it's going to reduce the damage you take I was figuring 4 spiders + (you) makes 5.
But yeah, who knows.

This guy gets it

Do they have a chance to land crits? If so then the right if not then the left for a mini boss

I assume he just means bigger creatures are harder to stun in general, like in Dankest Dungeon

If it's turn-based, you get FOUR TURNS with the smaller spiders, which let you do shit like use an item with one and attack with the other three.

Right

Think of how many fights in games you have lost due to a single powerful person. It's probably considerably lower than the amount of fights you lost because you were overwhelmed by a number of guys.

There is just too many things you can do to any single thing. Debuffs, large amounts of burn, CC, etc. But to a bunch of guys? Your only option is AoE and that is assuming that the area covers all four of them, which it might not.

Sure, anything that increases a summons power by a multiple will be the same for both sides but additive and suddenly right side is a lot stronger.

Little spiders

Fuck mages.

>Right.

If card games have taught me anything, it's that more attackers are always better. Big guy might do more damage in the short term, but if one single CC ability affects him or a banish summon, you're fucked.
The right guy would still have 15 damage output. His only weakness is AoE.

That makes sense. There are a lot of games where (large) creatures are either more resistant to spells or certain kinds of physical damage. Like a dagger would only do 25% damage to the big spider and you need like a broadsword or big hammer to really take it out.

How about 20 30/30 1strength spiders?

It depends on the situation. If we're talking a tower defense type situation having one guy with 20 strength isn't necessarily better. If they have the same set attacking speed it could be way worse. Imagine if your chosen summon has to fight a swarm of 5HP enemies. Big guy is fucked.

PvP: Left
PvE: Right

Not to mention that team buff spells get a lot more effective.

Depends on the smaller ones ASPD and crit chance.

Big one because if you focus the little ones individually and kill one, it reduces the overall strength. If you focus the big one with the equivalent amount of damage, it will still be at full strength.

big one, it has a weapon.

they are completely the same without context.

left is better against aoe, right is better against high single target damage. If there are summoning costs, left is good for pre-fight summoning, right is good for mid-fight summoning. left is more vulnerable to CC which costs dps, but right loses dps for each dead summon.

Either way, my wizard fucks their shit up, so I don't care.

Big spider.
Low amount of spider decrease their strength as they get damaged.
So, the actual equivalent big spider would have 20 str at start, 15 str at 450 hp, 10 at 300, 5 at 150. Since your spider has 20 str all day, it's better.
Now, if AoE skills exist, even the more reason to go with the big guy.
The only edge case would be one where most player characters suck dick enough so that there's only one who can deal most of the dmg single target, and all party members are easy enough to kill with just 5 str.

The hat spider.

What about 20 spiders with 30 hp and 1 damage

WHAT ABOUT 100 SPIDERS WITH 6 HP AND 0.2 STRENGTH

against a swarm of 1HITKOS? right. against a boss? left. i mean, it always depends on the context

What about 1 Spider with 12,000 HP and 1 Strength?

Big spider, clearly.

Initially, the small spiders may seem tempting as they will be able to tie up more enemies. However, due to their low damage any enemy with damage reduction/resistance will render them useless. They are really only useful as distraction or against encounters which shouldn't give you any trouble anyway.

And versus casters it's better to draw their 600+ direct damage single-target attack to a summon than to draw an aoe attack and get hit yourself by the single-target.

The big spider will stay useful far longer into the game. The small spiders suck ass.

Small spiders, then dump a load of buff spells on them.

Actually you want to emilimate the threats asap, so focusing one in a herd of 4 will create 3, then 2 then 1. Otherwise you will just have four that all die at once and deal more damage in the long run

>Summoning a spider

You're just ASKING for trouble.

If the little spider hp can be divided evenly by the damage being dealt, they live the same time.

If the little spider hp divided by the damage being dealt has remainders, the last little spider will die after the big spider dies.

Big spider ends up dealing more damage regardless.

Both targets started at 1k hp.

Literally what movie.

Enemy

Depends. If the enemy does 700 a hit then right cause it'll eat up 4 of it's turns instead of 1.

I fixed a bug. Little spiders only win out if any spider is being killed in one hit.