Metal Gear Solid Thread

Who is the best Snek?
The worst?
Post your favorite moments of the franchise.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AhtlWAYc9OY
bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=GEC10017&mode=retail
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Solidus is best Snek and did nothing wrong

He's president of my heart

Venom, he cared about his soldiers.

He didn't care about Quiet

Solidus would have stopped the ICANN sell off

Today I exploded a guy so hard he lost his above-tummy area.

Venom is best boy.

I want to hold hands with him.

Venom > Solidus > Solid > Naked > Liquid

He knew he was too good for her.

>best
Venom. He did everything BB couldnt.
>worst
BB. He repeats the last word of every sentence somebody says and hates being touched.
>Favorite Moments
Wolf
Anything Raiden
The End
Last boss fight in MGS3
Return to Shadow Moses

Any other answer is wrong.

Big Boss is an autistic tyrant

Venom is the kind of guy you could have a beer with

She was still a diamond dog, but that didn't matter

Solid=Liquid>>>Solidus>>>Venom>>>BB

If she was a DD way was she kept in the brig?

>favourite moment
youtube.com/watch?v=AhtlWAYc9OY

hands down, this

Snake just chases after the fucker, with no regard for his own safety

and somehow survives

*why

metal gear liquid when?

Metal Gulf Solid would be pretty cool

She understood she had to stay in there because she wasn't trusted by others, and it had shower I guess, we'll never know, but that doesn't mean Venom cared about her.
Quiet loved him though

Best: Big Boss

Worst : Naked Snake

You can hate the guy, but Big Boss went from rookie soldier pawn to what amounts to Emperor of half of the world. All of his sons were meant for greatness and were tailored to perfection . Naked Snake was just a normal soldier picked for a mission. The Philosophers didn't expect a lowly grunt would forge his own destiny and shatter the world with his vision and charisma.
Plus he is the most capable of the Snakes after Solid. Venom wouldn't survive doing what BB did in PW.

Best snake: Solid, coolest and most iconic, he had a hard life

Worse: Venom, yeah he was a hero but was just so boring

Favorite moments, this is gonna be long:
MGS1:
>Ocelot's first intro
>Psycho Mantis 4th wall break
>Sniper Wolf's death, "WHAT ARE WE FIGHTING FOR?"
>Vulcan Raven 2nd fight

MGS2:
>Solid's Terminator intro
>"Revolver...Ocelot!" intro
>"Infinite ammo"
>Solidus fight, when they pose with katanas and doves fly off
>Solid's monologue about life and reality
>Can't Say Goodbye to Yesterday

MGS3:
>"That's more of a revolver technique!"
>Ocelot's juggling
>The End fight
>First Volgin fight and theme
>Fight with The Boss, when Snake Eater instrumental kicks in
>Snake and Ocelot's unloaded gun fight

MGS4:
>Rex vs Ray
>"Anybody got a smoke?"
>Microwave hallway
>Everything about the Snake vs Liquid fight at the end

MGS5:
>Saving Miller
>Quiet duel
>Paz being an imagination

Fake snake, best snake.

Its pains me a little to know we'll never see the entirety of the mgs2 ending because of 9/11.

>Naked Snake was just a normal soldier picked for a mission.
Except he wasn't, he was the boss' disciple

Venom is by far the cutest, that much is for sure

Yeah but he wasn't a clone

The only logical conclusion is to go with doppleganger versions of liquid and solidus.

Imagine if it ended this way

Solid Snake voiced by David Haytor fights Venom voiced by Keifer Sutherland and then Solid Snake fights Big Boss voiced by Richard Doyle.

>best
MGS2 Raiden
>worst
Big Boss

>Venom wouldn't survive doing what BB did in PW

user, Venom defeated the best mecha in the series controlled by the most powerful boss in the series.

He was the only one capable of defeating her.

Its quite literally destiny.

Venom also had help from Pequod the first time and all of diamond dogs the second.

Notice me senpai.

With damaged brain and a fake arm too.

Sim City: George Sears edition when?

She let him win, retard.

But venom was a literal dictator of zanibar land

You mean Outer Heaven, South Africa

Whatever

same shit

CUT
U
T

CONTENT
O
N
T
E
N
T

>best mecha in the series
That's not REX. Hell Sally couldn't even move on its own and then faded into obscurity, so shit it was, that when stolen Venom gave no fucks

>most powerful boss in the series
That's Liquid Snake. You physically couldn't kill him despite trying.

That's from the MGO trailer.

Was that the actual case lore wise? I always imagined him surpassing her through technique, but I dunno. You can reverse her CQC hold on you if I remember correctly.

Sally+Mantis is objectively best mecha.

Happy birthday, Boss!

She was fucking kicking him around and threatening to blow everyone up in 10 minutes. And she does.

No one even knows what CQC is, just him and boss, imagine having a random operative to go kill her and he doesn't even know cqc.

Peace Walker suggests that part of the Boss' mission was to lose to Snake and die, and she followed it out.

Phantom Pain suggest that Naked Snake was never really that good in the first place.

Can you do that in MGO? Haven't played it after the first two weeks

But that's wrong again. REX is aesthetically perfect, every angle working with every other angle and so powerful that even after being blown the fuck up it still runs after being rebooted by a laptop. So powerful that it curb stomped another MG specifically designed to kill it.

Meanwhile Sally is just a humanoid robot with a REX head, it was so inferior that it had to rip off REX's style. Sally a shit in comparison.

SOMEBODY MAKE A MGSV GORE MOD

Should Quiet's tits have been bigger

Pls respond

We'll never know for sure if she let him win, but losing to Snake was her mission, so it is likely.

And you shot it down with a gatling gun while REX needed high quality HEAT rounds to be destroyed

No. Quiet is perfect.

Barely even read the thread. I'm just here to say
>solidus a bitch

Venom basically knew he was too good for her and Quiet had to learn the hard way that Venom didn't want what she had to offer.

did she enjoy getting slammed?

If Venom didn't care about Quiet then why was sparing her even an option? If he hated her he would of just shot her in the face in the cutscene and not give you the choice.

You can play as Snake and Ocelot, but no you can't take a selfie with him. That animation was made exclusively for the trailer, but calling it cut content is a bit of a stretch.

Don't user. You're replying to a forced meme.

Because you can survive shots to the head, but a broken heart always kills.
Getting revenge and breaking her heart, why would Venom pass that up?
He did choose pass not smash for Quiet tho

There's only two options? Caring or hating? How about using?

>Best
Venom

>Worst
Liquid

>Favourite moment
Venom being forced to kill his own men on the quarantine platform.

>(Bonus) How I rank the games
MGS3 > GZ > MGSV > MGS2 > PW > MG2 > MGS > MGS4 > MG

>>Caring

I don't want to come off as a fag or anything like that but Venom is handsome as fuck.

Solid, he was the only Snake who never went full retard
Venom, he literally has no personality outside of two scenes and doesn't seem to understand what's going on around him most of the time

>Show game mechanic that is not present in the actual game
>Stretch

I like the game, don't get me wrong, but call things for what they are

That's natural user.

Is it really weird though that I find Venom more attractive then the real Big Boss in all his iterations? I don't know what it is exactly.

>MGS1 that low

I don't like you.

It's not a meme and it's not forced if it's true and has proof, the proof being TPP

Does it still hurt Cred Forums?

>Venom, he literally has no personality

Just because he doesn't speak much, it doesn't mean he has no personality.
An autistic board like Cred Forums should know this.

>taking selfie
>game mechanic

>>>facebook is that way

>Anything you can do in a game is a game mechanic, from basic controls to advanced ones, from harmless to lethal, from smart to stupid ones

Skullposters are the worst
>>>out

Big Boss pre-anything after MGS3 is the best Snake.

He was so charming and lovably autistic in MGS3, and the ending told us everything we needed to know about how he became an old man badass.

Then MGS4 and the rest came along and muddied everything up.

Was she the best thing to come out of the thing we got, known as TPP?

Birthday hat might hall of at that angle

It hurts to know that I'll never cuddle with Venom.

Quiet, pls

Just a reminder that Solidus did literally nothing wrong, is the best snake and deserves his own game.

>telling that to yourself

Watching her stream the game is better than the actual game itself

Liquid was best. He was the only one to beat Solid in the end, only to be cucked by fate out of his victory a split second before he could shoot solid ded.

Pequod did most of the work

what the fuck was snake's plan there?

So did Big Boss in PW. You literally get a cutscene of Kaz running in with the entire force of MSF with aircraft carriers and helicopters and shit at the end.

Old Snake the best.

Friendly remined that in MGR the spirit of Snake is inside a wooden sword and even has dialog in the Jap version.

>that face
somebody fell from aloft

>best snake (Venom) is the in the worst game

really makes you think

My favorite moment is MGS1 after you ascend the elevator to the Hind D helicopter pad area at the beginning of the game. Venom Snake and MGSV is my favorite game.

That would be one hell of a quiet beer

I agree. I feel like he was the smartest out of the clones.

Too bad all we are getting is Metal Gear Survive.

Is this a bait I didn't get? Naked Snake is Big Boss

Hivemind has come to.

Remember the rumors and speculation before the game was released? Man, what a game it could have been. Gameplay was dope, though.

>you are playing as decoy octopus the whole time

the pain, you feel it too, don't you?

et wont stop hurtin'

The game I wrote in my head was much better than what we got

>David Hayter voices a character at some point

truth be told, MGS1 is quite posibly the weakest "Solid" game.
It's basically a MG2 remake with a better plot and worse camera.

Don't you fucking do this to me.

Were the Patriots really all that evil? I know they wanted to control everything but their reasoning was pretty logical.

>hoping that Kojima changed it so that you actually played Solidus.

We'll never get to see more of him.

We are not evil. We are not good.

>tfw really want this

bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=GEC10017&mode=retail

Shit is sexy as hell.

I'd stick it up my diddly whop.

i feel sad when i remember venom is dead

Same here. Seemed like a decent dude. Sure he did some bad things, but who didn't in the Metal Gear universe?

I honestly feel he got fucked over the most in the series.

Well, besides Solid Snake.

why don't they remaster the old metal gear games?

Because Konami doesn't know how to please their fans anymore.
ex. Metal Gear Survive.

>People unironically saying Venom is their favorite Snake
He doesn't even fucking talk.

>remaster
go away

but he's sexy.
n-no, homo.

Money. They don't care about the franchise anymore. That's why they've turned it into a Pachinko cash cow. Least amount of effort for big gains.

TPP is on PC.

i want to play metal gear with the fox engine

What? Not the same guy but why would that be bad? Could possibly save the series.

Wait guys,. I thought there was only one snake??

Oh boy.

>we will never get metal gear with fox engine
>we will never get a fight to the death between solid snake and venom
why bros?

Throw a tracker on RAY

Solid Snake, Venom and The Joy would need to play rock paper scizzors to determine who got fucked the most

Venom snake was a mad man who didn't speak.
No literally he rarely said anything, and has mental problems.

Every choice he makes is him thinking he is big boss.
Big boss just like you could in MGS 3 and peace walker could have spared and saved Quiet on his own without the need of ocelot talking in his ear about how valuable she would be.
Big boss killed quiet as an elite XOF soldier, after waking up from a coma a few days ago and lying in bed waiting for Venom.

sahelanthropus is one of the weakest metal gears, even weaker then the mass produced metal gear rays, and that is with infinite ammo and a back up attack helicopter.
Sahelanthropus relies on some bullshit bacteria to actually still be alive in order to run, so you'd image in a few hours once all the metalic archaia starves to death it would be a bucket of bolts.
It was only able to stand and attack due to how powerful child mantis's mental abilities were thanks to eli or Venom snake, or who ever.

The thing doesn't really have any missles or machine guns on it, only a tiny whip that needs psychic powers to work and a bunch of grenades on parachutes.

Venom snake even with big boss and oclelot training him couldn't have done what the original Big boss had to do.

The brain damage only effected his memory and imagination (Frontal lobe) not his combat skills.

Also that fake arm helped him do some crazy shit, like super punch things, fire rockets, shock people, run faster?

How did she let him win? If you don't give the fight your all she will kill you.

Neither of them really has a story to speak of, and the main story man is gone. Gameplay wise MG2 level design is even better than MGS1 and 2.

Anyone remember that crazy theory about time travel and every time we see that lens effect ( such as when big boss tales out the idroid on ground zeroes) was the result of history being changed?

I don't know what your point is, but I do know almost everything you said any sallypuss is factually incorrect.

It doesn't run on metallic archaea, it uses reserves of it as a catalyst for when it wants to engage nuke mode. It also has a bunch of missiles and machine guns, as well as a fucking rail gun, and uses them all the time against you.

It is the worst metal gear though, purely because it didn't fucking work without the psychic superchild.

Solid Snake > Venom > Liquid > Naked > Solidus

And you niggers know I'm right.

What was up with Quiet's eye shadow effect?
How did she control it?
Did they explain that weird invisibility power that helped escape captivity?
What did it do?
I'm glad they added that to the story, that was thrilling backstory, that was essential to the plot.

Why was Psycho Mantis hanging around Africa and Cyrpus?
How was he controlled by Hate?
How did he control Volgin's hate?
Where did Volgin even come from?
Did he have some kind of motive or conscious?
How did he summon Fire Whales and Fire Unicorns?

Hey, whatever happened to Cecile? Did she die in the original Mother Base or fuck it, just forget she played a role in PW.
I mean, we know Amanda left mother base, she got a name mention at least at when they talked about Chico dying in those 3 lines.

What ever happened to Eli and the children when they buggered off with the Metal Gear at the end? All we got was a half assed cutscene and then Kid Psycho Mantis grabs the English Parasite, never to be heard or mentioned again.

Now that I think about it from a story telling point of view, how does this make complete the missing link? The connection, if there is one at all, is barely made.
in fact, wait a minute,WASN'T OUTER HEAVEN MADE IN AFRICA? If the real Big Boss ran away like a pussy to make his own mother base where did he start and how did Venom, or Kaz not stumble upon it or something between TPP - MG1? It's never explain!

Hey, you know, come to think about it, THIS GAME IS BUTT ASS.

100% incorrect

Anyone knows what kind of haircut the pic has? Razor cut on top and sides and long at the back? Also, how would it look like without the beard?

The only thing I remeber in that boss fight were those missles that would float down to you, that stupid whip, and also some times it would yell in your face for no good reason.

First post best post
Second post second best post

Venom not only has autism but he is also such a bad Snake that he got a superweapon stolen by a 12 year old.

Guy knows he's such an unremarkable loser that nobody remembers that by the time you reach the end he accepts being someone else just so people will acknowledge him when he walks down the road.

All that mantis and volgin stuff was explained in the tapes. It was hamfisted, but it's there.

Babies first metal gear

2 of 3 MGS games worth buying are on PC, the first 2. Though as far as I remember it was annoying playing them in PC

>bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=GEC10017&mode=retail

I honestly thought it was a dildo in the theme of Venom's arm.
Too bad though, i'd buy it

venom is cute. cute!

So

I have a level 142 Medical Team. Why do I not have Anti-Reflex research?

Why liquid? He was a pathetic fuck up who spent his whole life with an inferiority complex even though he had the better genes

It's called a Mullet

what is this from?

some book that came in with the special edition?

So when is Kojima going to release game i saw in trailers ?

>if you choose not to kill someone you must love them