What was his subconscious lie?

What was his subconscious lie?

In the end, we never did truly learn just what the fuck was wrong with him. He was a deeply disturbed man. I can't really understand why he went so far with everything. Just because Zak picked Nick over him over a poker game.

I think his massive ego made him block out how petty and pathetic he really was.

that he was a shitty lawyer with no guts who had to resort to forging evidence

I figured it was just contributing a dramatic setup for the showdown in court, and that the black psychelocks are just there to look cool or make him seem like a big deal, being the final antagonist and all.

I doubt they planned so far ahead as to make the black psychelocks actually indicate a subconscious lie when that only became a factor in Dual Destinies as far as I can remember. Wouldn't surprise me, considering how big of a deal that this best friend of Apollo's supposedly was despite never once being mentioned at all in AA4. Dual Destinies seems to have just done whatever the fuck it wanted.

Wait wasnt that phoenix

this guy was cliche but still awesome

his brothers a fag though

>his brothers a fag though
Fuck you I like Klavier

u probably like Apollo too

What do you like about him?

Yeah I do

I like his theme and his look. I liked that he didn't act like other prosecutors and doggedly believe that the defendant is the killer until the very end of the fucking case, despite it being obvious it wasn't them halfway through

Thanks for ruining the series!

You're welcome

>I liked that he didn't act like other prosecutors and doggedly believe that the defendant is the killer until the very end of the fucking case, despite it being obvious it wasn't them halfway through
I don't think that was even the case with him, honestly. His entire M.O was Apollo saying something and then Klavier saying "I knew that all along, and just didn't mention it earlier for no particular reason! ok lets move on with the trial now, achtung baby!". It's more that he was just playing both sides of the trial for you and Apollo almost having no reason to be there beyond formalities than anything else.

He was the only prosecutor that actually wanted to find the right person for the crime instead of mindlessly trying to prove that they were right. Edgeworth does this later as well, but only after the first game.
Also air-guitar

Why did the Gavin brothers have such shit voices? It's unbearable that I have to imagine a whole new voice whenever they have text.

>I knew that all along, and just didn't mention it earlier for no particular reason
Yeah like every other fucking prosecutor who would do this to lead you into presenting evidence that helped them. At least Klavier did it to lead you into finding who the real killer was

That everything he did was perfectly justified and fine
He tricked himself into believing he's a good person

I want a flashback case with Apollo and Kristoph side-by-side, as it stands we have no real reason to believe they were friends

Not particularly, more often than not he just brought trials to a standstill or had things running in circles while goading Apollo. The only times trials actually moved forward, ever, was whenever he said that he already knew something that Apollo brings up already.

He says it himself at one point, this trial shit is just a game for him and he just wanted to compete with his brother.

Sick moves, brah!

Man I hate that animation. For how long it is they spam it way too much in-game.

Tell yourself something enough and you truly do believe it.

OR

You know it's a lie but you also know that no one else can or will ever find out otherwise so you have nothing to fear.

OR

You're a sociopath.

I can see why you'd say that but I disagree. I still like Klavier

>subconscious lie

no, dumb retcon.

Battler Ushiromiya: Ace Attorney when?

that shit spooked me the first time

Problem with Klavier is that he's just a shit character in design and in story.

In story, because he has little-to-no actual arc despite having everything required there. Half the time the game tries to persuade you that "he really does care about the truth", except for all those times where he was just dicking around for shits and giggles and also his entire backstory which the game pretty much dismisses (him knowing that Kristoph prepping him for his trial with Phoenix with that false evidence info was shady as fuck, and Klavier deciding to not bother doing anything about it)

In design he's shit because he basically played the game for you. He 'has' to just dick around in trials in order to make cases longer, otherwise the player really would have no actual role in the trial sections. It went beyond what Phoenix & Edgeworth did in the latter part of the trilogy and was just Klavier actually handling both halves of the trial himself.

>Upside down cross.

Fucking metal.

ewww gross

>there will never be a game like ace attorney that uses the red truth mechanic and has the general witch flavor of umineko
it hurts to live

>Fittingly, but perhaps unintentionally, Redd White's name seems to fit with Godot's inability to see the color red against a white background, as he was unable to see Mia's murder by White take place.

Thank god.
I do not shitty meta fiction about mystery genre by a man who cannot write a proper mystery to save his life in my Ace Attorney

>Actually on the Mason side of the final case now
>Know a little bit of spoilers such as the 6 black locks already
>Assume I'll find out the truth behind them
>Read this thread
FUCK

lore is deep

>entering the threads of games you didn't complete yet

You deserve anal rape

>he doesnt think episode 3 is a literal masterpiece

My Grandpa could do something similar like this with his hand.

My grandpa died at 42 from lung cancer like a bitch.

I'm totally jelly of yours.

Probably self-defense for him lying to himself that everything he didn't completely fucking retarded from the get go. All cuz of old Zakky boy.

>Prideful jackasses
>not subconsciously lie or bend truths to fit their narrative

It's not a retcon at all. He absolutely believed he was in the right, and you literally don't get like that without serious mental gymnastics.

That is a retcon. You just used DDs explanation of Black Psychelocks to attempt to prove your point.

First time i saw I was like OH SHIT WHY IS THERE A SKULL IN HIS HAND, it as later when I realized it was just the convenient combination of the scar and the muscles pulling.

I avoided all AA threads after SoJ was released until I beat it. I learned the lesson when they spoiled DD for me after saying that Dhurke was already dead when he traveled to the US.

You're some kind of pathological monster

You know you can get banned for spoilers when the game just got released right?

Blocked.