This is a thread about the reason most of us visit this board at all

This is a thread about the reason most of us visit this board at all.

>Schadenfreude (/ˈʃɑːdənfrɔJdᵊ/; German: [ˈʃaːdn̩ˌfʁɔJdə]; lit. 'harm-joy') is pleasure derived from the misfortune of others.

Post your best vidya schadenfreude stories/moments.
I'm starting with an obvious one.

It was great to see so many Bungie/Halodrones hype this shit up to infinity, and the subsequently taste their tears when it came out.

Happiness at the misfortune of others..... that is German!

Schadenfreude isn't used exclusively by Germans you know.

No, but it was invented by them, and they're damn good at it.

Fuck off German I'm not falling for your bullshit

>they're damn good at it

So is Cred Forums.

Idiots still play this though.

The day Phil fish quit video games might be the hardest I've laughed in my entire life

To be fair, the game DID eventually pick up and deliver after a good few updates.

That first month of release though.
>mfw

>one of the most profitable mmos on the market

Cred Forums is never wrong

FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETYNINE DOLLARS

>he fell for le open world procedurally generated meme

Oh shit. I'd completely forgotten about that lolcow.

You are absolutely delusional if you think Destiny isn't a huge success. Destiny 2 is going to be huge at this point.

I know it is now. I was mainly referring to how many complaints about the lack of endgame the game was getting for so long.

See:

Remember Tameem Antoniades? Neither I do.

>mfw people getting cucked by Anita kickstarter

forgot pic

The guy with the 20k dollars TF2 hat and he got VAC. Then he said it was intentional. The best.

>this entire conference

I know it made most people cringe, but personally I found the ridicule and embarrassment strangely erotic.

I see, that's true, and I would say it is still just a shadow of what it could, maybe should, be.
That is mostly why I am excited for Destiny 2. The current version is beyond stale at this point.

Not in a million sales

The schadenfreude that swept over Cred Forums during the whole old republic debacle has ruined Cred Forums.

Like junkies most here long for bigger better colossal failures and are actively destroying threads because they can't find one.

Who could forget the most hilarious kikestarter blunder yet?

>THANK YOU FOR BELIEVING

I really enjoyed playing Skyrim on this.

post yfw you didn't buy it.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

my first time seeing an overwhelming negative game on steam
i must know more to feel better about myself

Literally who?

You know your game is bad when even the steam retards don't defend it. That's saying something too because some people were defending early access paid DLC for Ark Evolved.

>tag
>memes
What?

Probably just dumb meme references and easter eggs like in Borderlands 2.

In German we say "Schadenfreude ist die beste Freude" - "Schadenfreude is the best kind of joy"

just out of curiosity, is it good now?

See, now meme is a negative adjective, saying something is a meme is like saying it's shit.

Dude this game is well polished and high quality as fuck. Buying it release day would be shitty but right now getting the full package with all the expansions on sale is great. Gotta let the normies fund them though.

I come here to laugh at y'alls shitty taste.

But they brought it upon themselves.

this was a day that existed of 100% pure analpain

Yep. The words "meme" and "memetic" have been forever tarnished by the internet.

Premise is ok but there's one thing wrong with open world (including proceduraly generated ones).
No matter how big or visually pleasing your world is the game is going to be shit if it's empty or filled with copypasted shit to make it look not dead.

What's he even doing now? I'd love to know.

Probably turning tricks in an alley somewhere.

It's alright. I've had some fun with it in spite of myself

making video games

I just really dont understand the logic
Does he hate people who like his games or something?

He was on something on Giant Bomb the other week

lel, memetic was never a word before the internet. Meme came from the frnch word for repetition when the Advice dog image was being posted over and over and over

Wait what, so much for leaving the industry for good.

Hope he eventually realizes how much time, effort, and money he wasted and the ban was completely his fault for being a shitter that wanted to cheat

>This is a thread about the reason most of us visit this board at all.
Yeah no, most of Cred Forums actually likes video games

Fuck off

Was project beast really just bloodborne? I remember the shit storm but didn't actually stick around long enough to see the outcome

He was quoting Avenue Q if you didn't know that already.

yes

>people disbelieving dumb rumors and those rumors turning out to be somewhat accurate for once makes them idiots

ya, na

>he doesn't know that phill the cuck lurks Cred Forums
lmao

WHY DOES IT HAPPEN EVERY TIME

Nice illiteracy, retard.

>third person platformer-shooters

I'm so sad almost no one can get this formula truly right, since its my favorite type of game structure.

The only games from this category I wholeheartedly enjoyed were the classic Ratchet & Clank trilogy, Jak 2 and 3, and Metal Arms: Glitch in the System.

I enjoyed watching VR blip and fizzle out.

typing?

I'm expecting it to come slightly back into popularity in a few years when the price has dropped significantly.

From what I take a lot of people really want to try VR, myself included, but just don't have that kinda money to dish out on something that could end up collecting dust anyway.

How will it come back without investors?
It launched earlier this year and wasn't even a shitshow, it was just wholly unimpressive with garbage games.
People forgot it even existed in literally one day.

The only saving grace at this point could be Sony but if they don't have real games to make it exciting people won't care either.
If it doesn't at least get a foothold this year then it's fucked for decades again.

Oh, Schadenfreude, huh?

What's that, some kinda NAZI word?

Nintendo in general, not only threehouse or noa

just knowing they're in deep shit makes me happy

could be true, false, people fantasy, doesn't matter

can't wait to see that faggot kojima drown in his own shit now

fuck this hack

>TFW you sold your TF2 earbuds for $60 and they're almost worthless now

Lmaoing at cucks who invest in in-game economies

be honest user, wich one of the posts in the picture was yours and how mad where you?

There's "QTEs" where the game freezes and you type words out. It's as shit as it sounds. Maybe even worse.

I didn't buy it because I knew it was going to be shit from day one

When a tiny dev says they've made a massive AAA game, don't believe it

Proof, faglord.

It's so hard to tell if this is really shitty bait or somebody's honest belief about the word "meme"

game = successful does not mean game = good you fucking monkey

This fucking thing
the entire year before launch where calling it the WII 2.0 and spamming Nintendomination
then came a new excuse every year for why it wasnt selling
>year 1
>THE 3DS DIDNT SELL WELL IN THE BEGINNING EITHER YOU JUST WAIT
>year 2
>MARIO KART AND SM4SH WILL SAVE IT YOU WILL SEE
>year 3
>SPLATOON WILL SAVE IT
>year 4
>ZELDA WILL BE THE BREAKTROUGH
>year 5
>W-WHO CARES THAT ZELDA IS CROSSGEN NOW

The game was a huge financial success but it left a sour taste in people's mouths. Bungie will probably say that Destiny 2 will FIX EVERYTHING, it'll be shit again but it'll also be a huge financial success.

>but it left a sour taste in people's mouths.
Not the dudebros who play it religiously to this day

I'm one of those asshats that bought it because I HAD to know what people were screaming about.
I also like some Bungie shooters like the first few Halo games, so I kinda knew that the shooting parts wasn't gonna be complete shit.

But goddamn the campaign in that and the overall content, the world, everything just screamed "You need another 18 months, faggots!". But no one stopped it.

why is frank the only acceptable person on that show, and are the others just in a process of crystalization that will end in a frank-like state?

you are wrong. you can cherry pick that one guy for mario kart, but the rest is a fanfiction you jsut made.(or more likely, that was provided to you cause you sound like assive tool)

what a waste of a good bear

games workshop needs to stop giving out the license to any retard there is potential for something amazing

You are absolutely delusional if you think No Man's Sky isn't a huge success

warhammer is a AAAA+ strobified crystalline structure edifice to heaven of a franchise. it deserves only the best and it will deliver

it is for Sony. if I know you niggers right you'll weed out any project that has anyone from How Do You Do Games and shit all over it, and people will listen

>mfw mega man legends fans are cucked for all eternity

You posted my recent favorite, OP.
Other than that probably OUYA (both launch and how cops want to shut down their booth), and MN9 launch.

Same here in Sweden. Skadeglädjen är den bästa glädjen.

I visit this board to discuss and read discussion about video games, which eventually do happen, especially for obscure/great titles no other site will open a book for.

I also come here for industry discussion.
That the industry is in the main a parody of itself and a laughing stock is neither my fault nor Anons.

Fines and fees. Not even allowed to set up a place to do commerce without being hassled.

kanske därför vi blir kuckeli-kuckade. negersarna har lärt sig hur vi gör här i landet :')

>Tortanic
I fucking love getting reminded of this

Niggers.

Skadefryd er den beste fryd i Norge også. :^)

It had to go f2p and get an overhaul to even get people to play it. Same with Wildstar and ESO. No MMO can go full sub fee anymore except wow and those 3 payed the price with spectacular failures and humiliation of letting themselves be taken over by F2P BR niggers.

HOW LOW CAN IT GO?

Not a monumental failure, but this was my personal favorite.

>Tales of Tales characterized Sunset as a commercial failure, as it sold 4,000 copies in its first month of release, half of which were reserved for Kickstarter backers. Following this failure, Tale of Tales announced that they would no longer pursue commercial video game projects.

Seriously though what a fucking disaster.
sixty motherfucking dollars.

I'm guessing this is NMS.

What happened to cause that little "blip" around August 22nd?

huehuehue

Thr vanilla content is still vague surface layer story, with some questionable design choices, but the complete package is quite full of content for 60$. The biggest problem you'll have if you buy in is finding experienced players who are willing to buddy up with you for the first two raids and other "late game" activities that are no longer relevant. This means it is unlikely you'll ever see everything the game has to offer, at least until people tire of the shiny new stuff.

It also helps that every weekend are events that offer high level prizes in the PVP arenas, and custom private matches with up to 12 players were just added. There are also some larger events, like a Halloween festival and a racing league that come around in October and December. So there is content beyond what any day one player ever asked for.

But hey, if anyone wants to pick up the game on PS4, shoot me a friend request and I'll be happy to give some pointers and do some older activities that have lost their lustre. PSN is LegendArtorias.

Fucking brilliant.

>loses over half of its player base in one week
>on OPENING week
>player base halves again the following week

People very REALLY fanatic about pic related in here. Even so much as saying that it's not gonna be great prior to the launch basically got you lynched.

So yeah, felt pretty good when it turned out to be shit.

Go to bed Edd

Collective hype had reached critical mass long before the game came out. Those trailers did devastating damage to everyone's expectations.

Financially it is.

I don't know how I missed that, but I'm glad.