Why are Unisoft shilling the NX so much? What's their stake?

Why are Unisoft shilling the NX so much? What's their stake?

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/asej/blog/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They want Nintendo to buy them instead of Vivendi

Beyond Good and Evil
Just Dance

They were the same way with the Wii U. Gave support until they realized Wii U was kill. Then like many others, stop talking about it completely. The circle repeats. History.

beyond good an evil 2 is NX exclusive

oh wow two consoles in a row that's soooooo fucking cyclical

>console race
so basically the Special Olympics?

NX will be primarily a kids toy and Ubisoft has a bunch of kid's IPs

This.

>Rayman Legends
>ZombiU
Then nothing.

Just like the presidential election, people don't care.

Admit it - You decided on whether you were going to buy an NX two years ago and nothing is going to change your mind.

That's enough to be needed. Just like actual history, numbnuts.

Doesn't Ubisoft always do this? They act buddy buddy with nintendo, shove a few launch games out then jump ship?

>Back in the race

Too soon

They tried to support the Wii U until they abandoned it. They just want free money again like when Just Dance blew up on the Wii.

>Extreme sports
>Dying

Who woulda thought

There's a rumor from neogaf that nintendo is indirectly helping out Ubisoft with jpmorgan ( biggest nintendo stockholder) buying ubisoft stocks to prevent vivendi from gaining any more ground

Does Ubi even have any big hitters anymore? They have Rayman which is cool but do their games like AC even sell that well still?

They supported the Wii, had shit like rayman waving rabbits and legends. red steel. some shitty far cry ports and no more heroes. Dumped it eventually. Said the WiiU was great and revolutionary, put even less on it and dump it.

The only time I got excited for a dev giving it praise was cdpr and that's starting to sound like bullshit.

>rumor from neogaf

Far Cry 3/4 sold well didn't they?

They did the same thing for the wiiu before dropping support for it like a wet rag.
Fact is ubisoft's main demographic is casuals, and as the most causal platform nintendo consoles are theoretically the best way for them to make low quality high profit games.

Fucking metal.

They want Nintendo to save them from Vivendi

Did they confirm it as a handheld yet?

The Wii was a better console, though.

Guys, we're all just pawns and cattle being herded around for our money.

N64, GameCube, Wii U

Wii lacked quality but had sales I gues because of the shovelware

You remember the insane amount of money they made with the Wii?

Yes.
Watch dogs sold a shit ton, far cry still moves a lot, the tom Clancy games all do really well, even the latest assassin's Creed sold millions of units.

Wii wasn't respectful to the player at all.

It was casual garbage.

>this meme again
Wii U literally lost them millions of dollars. Nintendo's nearly bankrupt.

It's really funny to be that you believe that.

Ubisoft has always been Tsundere for Nintendo.

How new are you?

modern AAA´s like cancer, especially if it´s expensive hipster cancer. they mentioned race while they´re at it so they probably continue making games for niggers

i hate EA and Ubisoft so much
implying anyone here remembers ubisoft wii "titles" at all

>Nintendo's nearly bankrupt.
My little user can't possibly be this stupid.

While they do have tons of money, they're kind of bankrupt for ideas. At least good ones.

Gee I dunno, maybe the fact ubisoft fucking sell games on Nintendo platforms so promoting it will make sure they hit their targets

Doesn't make it a great console. The Wii is an overpriced under powered gimmick system with a few great titles and a fuckton of shovel ware.

Nintendo made a killing on it because they basically sold a gc with waggle for 250$ to the idiotic masses who ate it up.

Lol as much as I hate current Nintendo I can't back up this stupidity.

They're gonna have exclusives so it's in their best interest to hype people up for the console. And we can be sure those exclusives will eventually see releases on other platforms.

The Wii U lost Ubisoft milions of dollars?

They're not any more creatively bankrupt than other companies and I still hope that they will bring something interesting to the NX since it's a Handheld-console hybrid and the 3DS has been a pretty great system.

Nintendo

>Making games
>Creatively bankrupt

I mean sheesh, get with the times, Grandpa, it's all about making movies and pretending VR isn't going to fail nowadays

But you said "they" lost money in response to a post talking about Ubisoft. What does that even have to do with it anyways?

>Dying for Ubisoft

Nintendo doesn't sell shit at a loss. They made LESS money on the WiiU but they sure as hell didn't lose money on the system itself. A few games like that idolshit FE spinoff bombed hard but I doubt those made a major dent either.

Wasn't me, actually, I figure who said it thought that the post was about Nintendo making a lotta money, and how that served as insurance for the WiiU, not Ubisoft

Nothing, if they hype the console and it's good, their games and early bandwagonning might earn them more spotlight with Nintendo, like how Nintendo showed off Bayo 2 and W101, but if the sales are slow, they can cancel projects and fuck off acting like they were never interested in it to begin with.

Like how they fucked over people with the 3DS Assassin's Creed when the launch wasn't great, and how they utterly botched the launch of Rayman Legends.

Ubi will always support any new console right out the gate and say it'll be great, but they're probably the most fair-weather devs out there in vocal support.

How can they be making money if they stopped making games? Are they getting enough revenue just from shit like Super Mystery Dungeon, SMT and ports from the WiiU to 3DS?

I thought it made more sense if it referred to what Ubi made on all those crappy dancing games and such, but at this point I have no idea.

Unlike microsoft or sony nintendo never sells consoles at a loss, so once you've bought one of their consoles they've already made their money back and are done with you, the games are just icing on the cake past that.

Wll, most games were Multiplats, I don't recall the last exclusive game they made other than ZombiUI, but we know how that ended.

World in Conflict: Soviet Assault was the last one I recall

>"There's more than Just Dance 2017 in development for the NX."
Where ere you when the NX won?

a hostile takeover is not buying them

Just Dance 2018 confirmed already?

>Ubisoft
>In charge of winning

Thats sorta what Ubisoft do, being French and all.
They are like entry level partners.
Occasionally they do try.

>Extreme Sports
>Living past 30 if active
rare

Shouldnt it be the Gamecube telling the DS that?
the wii was literally 90% casual trash

It should, these pictures often fail to get across the point.

>lumping No More Heroes into this list of garbage
mean

>No more heroes
>Red Steel 2
>Shovelware

Its not a shovelware list, its mostly a shovelware list, but also a documenation on what different studios published for the wii.
Its pretty big for "wow so much fucking nothing"

Not him but out of that THQ list, De Blob and Deadly Creatures are actually alright.

Ubisoft still gave the original Wii Rayman Origins, so besides stuff like both Red Steels and No More Heroes, it was something.

>Stop stealing my games
>i didn't raise no PC

No fun allowed user

>

A third party game that's still on Nintendo consoles? I don't understand your point?
>One noncasual game means the system wasn't by and far a casual shitfest

All of the day bro

HA

HA

HA

If I were nintendo I would tell ubisoft to fuck off.. They stabbed them in the back with the wiiu. The way the NX is going it will end up going the same way how can people no learn from their mistakes

try to think of all of the Ubisoft Shovelware that was pumped into the Wii too
think about Rabbids games

SEGA might be best Wii Publisher, unironically.

>Its a handheld
>all nintendo handhelds have been homebrewed or modable
Nintendo handhelds have always been a sure buy for me havent been wrong since the gameboy

There's a loot of garbage in that image

Say what you want about Shovelware but Shovelware games were much more fun than these pretentious artsy fartsy indie games we get these days

Only because 1/3 of it is Sonic, and Sonic isn't a great franchise.

eventhough the sale bombed #FE made profit from their song, mercs. and karaoke license

I'm not falling for your lies this time French Frog
Ubisoft only published No More Heroes, they didn't devloped it.

When I think about it, Atlus supported the Wii with cool stuff like the Trauma Centers and Trauma Team. Wish the Wii U had a new Trauma Center.

>made profit from their song, mercs. and karaoke license
Some times I forget Japan is fucked in many horrible ways.

Only complete imbeciles act like this.

Why does everyone spout this shit? There is no merch.

>no more heroes and red steel were made by ubisoft

The more you know. A-am I an ubisoft fan? I like those games and rayman legends/origins. I don't know how to feel

NMH is awful

NX IS A CONSOLE CONFIRMED

WHERE ARE THE DOUBTERS NOW?

No More Heroes was not made by Ubisoft, they only published it in North America.

The game was developed by Grasshopper Manufacture and published by Marvelous Entertainment in Japan, Ubisoft in NA and Rising Star Games in EU and Australia.

Why all 3DS got that little mark on the x button?

where's that proof

just dance is big money

>tfw uplay will actually be a required app on the NX to play Ubisoft games, just like on PC (besides Steam)

you really think that isn't casual garbage? are you just shit at games?

Thank you user. I feel a little better now.

>uplay
FUCKING

WHY

WHY

WHY

This is Publishing, not DEVELOPMENT.

Ubisoft was historically very pro-Nintendo, released quite a lot of games when the rest ignored their platforms etc.

They've placed quite high bet on WiiU as well, it's just that it was in deep shit after PS4/Xbone were announced and wrecked it to hell and back performance-wise.

Because Uplay means that they are in complete control of the situation.

Far Cry, AC, Watch Dogs(maybe, in the future).

2014 was pretty shit for them because they were trying to bite more than they could chew releasing I think 4 AAA games in the same year.

>Ubisoft shilled the ii U to death, claiming high and clear they're going to pour loads of of exclusives on the best platform
>a few months later they drop the console entierely and even port their only exclusive on PC

why do they repeat this?

To be fair, publishing games does still get some merit.
Ubisoft has the balls to publish something like no more heroes on the damn Wii and let the devs do whatever they want.
Most other publishers wouldn't publish that type of thing unless the developers agreed to censoring and meddling in order to fit what they think will sell well which is indeed what happened with the ps3 version being censored.

>Watch Dogs
I remember the shitstorm that followed after release. Personally I thought it was one of the worst "AAA" games to ever release. This new game fucking screams pretentious

The other dogs to bet on(PS4, Xbone, Steam) will just race fine alone.
If NX/Wii U hits jackpot, there will be cash at the least

Its a French form of bet hedging

Ubisoft can eat shit. They ignored the WiiU when it came to Watch Dogs and said they wouldn't give it to them unless they did well enough, then gave it to them after everyone realized the game was shit months later.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Ubisoft wants to promote nintendo because it's cheaper to develop for. And if nintendo platforms do well, they can just focus on nintendo platforms the most, saving them money.

Rayman 4 on Nintendo NX
Beyond Good and Evil 2 on Nintendo NX

EXCLUSIVE

Michel Ancel is working on Beyond Good and Evil 2 and WiLD.

Why would WiLD be a PS4 exclusive but Beyond Good and Evil 2 be a NX exclusive?

I didn't say it would be exclusive

a hostile take over is literally just buying them. You think that because it has "hostile" they are using weapons on a ring or something?

you picture doesn't make sense.the fact you care about the sie of a pile of game is kinda de facto showing you are a black sonygaf member, though.

Doesn't really matter if the NX sells a lot, what matters is does Ubisoft games sells a lot on NX? For example Ubisoft couldn't be bothered with the 3DS.

>wow two consoles in a row that's soooooo fucking cyclical

No, two consoles is how long Nintendo ever kept third party dominance, with the NES and SNES

With the N64, GC, Wii, WiiU they got heavily cucked by Sony, something which won't ever change.

Because if it sells a lot, they can try to publish more shit for it.
Even if they really can't be arsed to try at all.

No one cares about the NX anymore, they had their hype window and completely fucking missed it, then killed it with mario run.

Nintendo is over.

I beg to differ sir
nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/asej/blog/index.html

Like I said they didn't bother with the 3DS. Ubisoft on Nintendo is pretty only Just Dance. That's the audience that they have. The rest of them have other consoles.

>dooooomed! doooomed i say!

>Nintendo be in the middle of the race
>Ubishaft be like "wait a minute man there's this rayman game everyone else has to get"
>They stop there for months, everyone else has won

If Rayman was so important to secure Nintendo's win then Nintendo should've coughed up the money then. Clearly Ubisoft is more concerned about being on Microsoft's good side.

You are sorta right.
They did a few until 2012, and the only ported a multiplatform in 2014.

If you check the Wii U lists, you will see that they ported a bunch of their games to the Wii U to test framework, and then stopped once they realized Wii U had no real sales, and PS4/Xbone would be so much more powerful that a multiplat would cripple those games.

All these games are shit

@353447753

you're shit

>8billion saved on reserve
>T-they are nearly bancrupt!!!

The U didn't even made a quarter of the loss which the ps3 caused for sony. Just remember nintendo's first loss was after 23 years.