It's the most wonderful time of the year

What horror video games are you going to play throughout October?

Me: Undying, Jericho, F.E.A.R. + expansions, Phantasmagoria and one of the classic Resident Evils.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Either REmake or Resident Evil 3. I picked up the 1, 2 & 3 bundle pack the other day, but I also have the Origins collection knocking about.

I'll probably start by replaying RE3 since I finished RE2 yesterday. After that, I don't know yet.

I don't play games based on the time of the year, that's stupid. I play them whenever I feel like.

Street Fighter V

To add to that, I've just realised that it's been more than 10 years since I played RE3. Being the little scrub I was back then, I don't think I've even played it in Hard Mode. It has to be done.

check out the autist.

nothing wrong with getting in the mood and following themes.

I will start with Nosferatu: Wrath of Malachi, and then move on to either F.E.A.R. 1 and 2, Dead Space 1, Blood, Amnesia, or Alan Wake.

Hard Mode is pretty much normal mode, it's pretty much on the level of RE2 - there's more than enough ammo to kill everything IF you don't choose to fight Nemesis every time.

>FEAR
Condemned is a way better horror title and it was made by the same studio

Just could to watch Dan desu

I just got a fresh PC. Planning to play last 4 Call of Duties, Dragon Age Inquisition and Bioshock Infinite.

Any toaster friendly horror games out there?

Dead Space scales well.

Cool. The first guy to get the hat right.

I really wish Undying got that multiplayer patch and that Jericho was actually a good game.

Clive Barker is a twisted author and he seems interested in video games, but he just can't seem to get a studio competent enough to pull it off.

Speaking of which, are there any good halloween themed games?
I'm talking about games with spoopy atmospheres, pumpkins, skeletons and stuff like that

played it a couple years ago. It was pretty good. Never managed to finish it before I lost my PS3.

Oh boy, tunnels and tunnels of the same boring and easy bumfights. Truly a riveting and exciting bum genocide simulator. Much better than the John Woo antics of FEAR, right?

.... Maybe they don't want to play Condemned?

Fuck you, the combat was great

I've heard Alien Isolation somehow runs good even on lowest tier toasters

the penumbra games, amnesia
silent hill 1- 4

I fancy playing through Leon and Ada's campaigns in RE6. Shit isn't scary, but I like theirs the best.

Siren Blood Curse. Not sure how good it is but it's something I haven't played.
Maybe Resident Evil HD as well

plus, FEAR isn't a horror game.

f.e.a.r dead space bioshock and maybe tf2 if the halloween update will be any good.

time to replay/finish Fatal Frame V

my goal is phat zero suit ass.

MediEvil is fairly spooky. The protagonist is a skeleton and everything is fairly horror inspired. Beyond that I guess any Castelvania would suffice.

I also installed Undying yet haven't played it yet, going to give that a go. Also probably going to try and continue Dino Crisis even if it's not exactly halloween-ish, and I should probably try and beat Resident Evil 1 considering I've only ever done the remake. Also MediEvil and a handfull of horror mods for HL1 and 2.

Already started Silent 3 a few days ago. After that maybe Silent Hill 2 since I haven't palyed that in a long time as well.
Then probably Resident Evil2. Or RE3 if I can manage to get a copy of it.

If I find the time for it Castlevania 64-2

RE2 and 3 are pretty easy to emulate. Also Silent Hill 3 is dope as fuck.

I was going to marathon the RE series, in anticipation of RE VII coming out, and Octobers seems like an appropriate month for it. Not to mention, there's going to be too much coming out in November and December to fit it in.

Resident Evil Zero and Fatal Frame 3

why does anyone play western non-survival (or fake "near unlimited ammo and health" survival) horror FPS/TPS games? they're fucking terrible. Dead Space is probably the only great western horror game. couldn't even bother finishing The Suffering or the first FEAR. games for children with no patience.

you know, I actually forgot Martian Gothic, that's American and pretty good despite stupid design flaws (have to kill random zombies to get essential items when trying to conserve ammo). RE0 seems to have taken the concept from the game as well.

>Horror thread
>no one has posted SH PC Guide + the DL links
Let´s fix that, shall we! Enjoy some elder god-tier horror classics on your PC:

SH1 NTSC DDL:
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH3 DDL:
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" is a all-in-one fix, that works as a no-cd crack as well. It is included in the pack.
If you use the NEW fix mentioned in the guide, you can use the sh2proxy's EXE as the no-cd crack!

In case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.

SH2-4 do not support Xinput gamepads. Either use Xpadder, a DirectInput pad, or just play with KB+M.

here's the recommended emulator settings for SH1. Works great on all other games too.

The plugins used are:
-Pete's OpenGL 1.78; (more options & better performance than 2.x version)
-Eternal's SPU Engine.

alternatively just use a software renderer for very 1:1 PS1-like graphics, including 240p only.
...OR just buy the game from PSN Store for few bucks.

You could also try the new PGXP emulator, that adds Perspective Correction to PS1 textures.

>couldn´t finish FEAR
people love FEAR for its cool, fast-paced action. Not for its implied "horror".

Don't bother with blood curse. Played the first 3 missions and its a laggy (15-20fps) shit show. I remember playing the demo and it being genuinely scary but.... It just ain't. Idk, maybe I've been playing on pc too long and it's blinding affecting my judgment. Still the laggyness almost made me throw up. Could only do 3 episodes before I just gave up.

>getting upset that FEAR isn't a horror game

It's a good fps game with spooky elements. Why would you even be upset over this? It's like shitting on Tony Hawk 2 for being a bad horror game.

>MediEvil
Oh hell yeah I loved that game but for some reason it didn't come to mind, guess it's time to replay it

>good fps

no, Dead Space was a good FPS, FEAR was mediocre. the 2nd game is actually better, which is why I specifically said the first game. really, it's marketed as a horror game (even the wiki article mentions the creator staking influence from J-Horror films), so why would you act surprised when someone is disappointed that its not? the Tony Hawk comparison isn't remotely similar.

Fear has some genuinely good and well thought out spooks though.

Dead Space might be marginally spookier than Fear but overall neither build up a sense of dread. Also it's a valid point, no one praises FEAR on its merits of it being a scary game, people like it because it's a good fps.

Thanks babyboi, gonna finally play through SH2.
do you know if the torrent link for SH2 also has the all in one fix included in it?

Emulate the Greatest Hits version of Silent Hill 2 *Or play it on Xbox". De facto best versions of the game.

I'm playing Dark Souls since late July and the horror of grinding never ends.Going for Sen's Fortress, lvl 35 or so.

Any good horror games came out lately?
I cant recall a single one. Maybe i'll just replay some old stuff.

I really enjoyed The Evil Within, replaying the remastered Bioshocks which are fucking swell too...

FEAR is actually a dating simulator.

Street figher V

Actually I got all costumes. And the zelda one is the best. The samus one is..so so.

Resident Evil and Lone Survivor sound like solid picks.

P.T

What's a game where I get to be a frankenstein?

SHIIET I got a list this year (Just got into survival horror this year, fuck was I missing out)

FIRST PLAYTHROUGH TOP PRIORITY:
>Silent Hill 1-3 (Im actually just passed the hospital in SH1, but I am going to restart I think cause its been awhile)
>Fatal Frame 1-3
>Alien: Isolation

WANT TO REPLAY BADLY THIS OCTOBER:
>Resident Evil 1 (Never did Chris)
>Resident Evil 2 (Did LeonA/ClaireB and ClaireA/LeonB already, might try for S rank)
>Resident Evil 3 (Going to try and get every Nemesis kill)

IF THERE IS TIME/IN THE FUTURE:
>Dino Crisis 1-2
>Resident Evil 4-6
>Parasite Eve

I can only get in the mood for horror games if its dark out, so I might hold off on replays till December when its dark when I get home from work. I am autismo as fuck and having it be light out makes it less fun. Gotta go dark

Makes it really shitty that SH2-3 are only really good emulated on PC or on PS2 (Dont have one) since my PC has shitty LEDs that I cant turn off

Picked this up yesterday. Having fun so far

Want to pick up Dead Rising.

Splatter House ps3 is on my list.

Costume Quest 1 and 2

Some old sega snes and nes games

Glad to see someone proving that "tank controls are unplayable in 2016 if your not used to them" fuckers wrong

Ehhh, they aren't the best, but they aren't that bad. I can get around just fine but once in a blue moon they trip me up.

I think Silent Hill's control scheme is a bit better, but I wouldn't trade it for Resident Evil's pretty backgrounds

Replaying ED;SR and SH 1-3 and I'll need to finish RE:CV.
also I'm going to try and emulate either some fatal frame games or siren. do they emulate well?

Well I have recently pirated Resident Evil Revelations 2 and have installed Painkiller Hell and Damnation

But yeah now that you mention it, I'll probably going to install FEAR too (only finished the 2 and have all 3 in steam), replay Jericho might be good, also probably Bioshock 1

Does Mortal Kombat X count? I have played and finish the story alread but probably gonna keep playing for a while

Well I'm currently in the middle of my first ever run of Dark Souls which kind of sort of has a horror vibe sometimes.
If I can make it through it before the end of the month then I was planning to play Siren.

Any of those freeware RPGMaker horror games

I've been thinking about playing some of the Resident Evil games, since I've never played them.

Dunno if I want to play original RE1 or the HD version though.

>horror games

just as bad as horror movies except i can't laugh at them.

Not liking horror... what kind of subhuman trash are you?