R.I.P Legion

Dying faster than WoD.
What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aegwynn/Akkis/feed
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's a miracle even this many people still refuse to let go of WoW.

I'm playing it right now. It might be a horrifyingly warped joke compared to the original and BC/WotLK, but it's still fun in a kind of low-effort comatose way. I'm just playing at my own pace and not letting all the ultra-competitive unemployed ilvl whoring faggots irk me. The guys who've already run out of stuff to do because they poopsocked their way through the first month of the expansion.

It's garbage, as expected.

I told you guys it's shit just like the past expansions.

But no, we gotta go through a billion "WHY ARENT U BACK IN WOW YET" shill threads whenever any xpac hits

No you didn't

I'd say its significantly improved on WoD, and world quests paired with no flying mounts is really great, the world actually feels alive for the first time since BC (not including the invasions event).

blizzdrones are so well trained, they buy for their Activision overlord, then stop playing to save them server money, and they will still defend them and will still call you not a gamer for not playing hearstone and overshit.

FFXIV won.

FF14 have like 500k subs...

>I'd say its significantly improved on WoD

Wow what an accomplishment.

6 million actually.

total yes, wow has had over 100 million total

>This is what FFXIV players actually believe

You're right, I set myself up for that one

>tfw you didn't fall for the WoW expansion meme this time around

>he missed out on all the lore
lmao fucking retard

- class balance is complete garbage
- Mythic+ is completely farmable, making raid content trivial
- world quests get useless very quickly
- professions are a chore and crafting is useless by now
- absurd material costs for consumables have caused botting to sky-rocket
- entry raid was extremely underwhelming
- legendary drops are horrendous

I'm actually kinda glad. At least this way I don't feel like I'm missing much starting my new job.

>playing nu-WoW
>caring about the gutted lore

You have to be baiting, you just have to be.

after WC3 there is no lore

Let me guess, the new lore revolves around some hero or group being "corrupted"?

>invite someone from Illidan to my mythic+ group
>he leaves after 4 trash pulls
hella fucking epic
Illidan player genocide when

>That fucking Hunter line

If you still needed evidence that the only people who still play WoW are complete retards, look no further than this graph.

Warcraft always had shitty, children's-comic-book-tier lore.

to be fair with the emerald nightmare it's kinda a given

seems like they're gonna go for a "illidan dindu nuffin" route on the story though

Can we add a ragnorris genocide as well? Absolute trash realm

I had my fill. Did all the quests and stuff on my rogue. Then tried all the other classes I wanted to try. It's better than WoD but still same old WoW, gets boring fast.

Source?

Have you tried playing it? The core gameplay is just utter garbage.

as someone who is very good at grinding monotonous content for digital pixels

this expansion has a lot of fucking mindless tasks to complete. call it a soft cap all you want, if someone can squeeze more AP out in a day they will be forced to do it if they are competitive or autistic enough

DELETE THIS

yeah, he was in a party with a dude from Ragnaros so they get to go too

Barthilas shouldn't be genocided, but they can fuck off back to the Asian servers and stop lagging my game

>What went wrong
>WoD added Mythic to be the top-end hard to do shit, scaled other content on a curve, LFR Normal heroic Mythic, all fairly big step up in mechanics and damage numbers

Now I might be wrong, I didn't fall for legion, so my information might be false but as it stands..

>Mythic now has keystones which level up as you do harder difficulties, literally making Mythic the new fucking LFR but Mythic +5 is the new Mythic, akin to doing greater rifts in Diablo 3. It's asinine and removes all weight of a difficulty system
>What was originally thought to be garunteed legendaries is now in fact completely random RNG drop chances, and some people STILL do not have a SINGLE legendary after 2 months of playing while others have every fucking legnedary they could ask for and 6 more rotting in the bank
>elitism is at an all time high with Mythic Keystones as well as "You don't have a legendary yet" or "your legendary isn't a high enough level" or even "your legendary just sucks" gating people even harder than fucking WoD with it's ring
>throw MORE random fucking RNG on top of it with titanforged and runeforged and forged forged gear where quests can give you armor higher ilevel than fucking raids or you can still get shit on with a fucking green belt suck a cock you fucking cunt

tldr; they added even more fucking rng into the game and it's not fun if you don't have 999/1000 Luck reputation. Also degrading difficulties and forcing you to do redo content endlessly just to appease elitist shitbags.

Most people don't have a legendary yet, but yea come back in 1-2 months when content will be tuned to assume all players do (or at least by Nighthold) and then we'll see how bad it is for new players, alts or just unlucky folk who haven't found it yet

>come back in 1-2 months when content will be tuned to assume all players do
If they release the new itemlevel-ceiling along with HC Nighthold it won't matter. People will farm mythic+ endlessly, while clearing heroic NH in a single day, then go on to steamroll mythic NH with inflated gear levels.

>only 29 people in the world play monks
Wtf blizzard!!!!

I've been enjoying it for the most part, the Broken Isles have been really cool especially, and it's better if you've got a group of friends to play with. Some shit I don't like:

>Artifact Power
Fuck you dual-spec, if you want to play Holy and Shadow you have to grind this fucking staff as well as your dagger. AP is also super not alt-friendly. Perhaps if AP was relative to your character instead of a weapon, i.e. gathering 1000 AP and spending it on one Artifact weapon still leaves 1000 to spend on another. I dunno. It's a pain though.

>Balance
I feel like I have to work harder to have damage on par with other classes as a Shadow priest, though that may be in part to my luck (lack of) with getting Haste on any of my gear. I can't say much on this, I haven't done mythics or raiding yet, but from what I've seen there's some refining that needs to be done. People have said a lot about Demon Hunters for example.

>RNG
RNG's always been a factor of WoW but it feels like being unlucky gates you hard. Banking on a quest reward to be Titanforged so you can get that sweet single ilvl, and that slightly higher chance of being accepted into some fag's Mythic group, gets frustrating.

>The Torn Invitation hasn't dropped for me yet
Fuck

Anyway I like this expansion on a whole but there's some annoyances.

>6 million
Are you some sort of false flag or something?
You can't be fucking serious

>all those people defending it at launch saying it fixed everything
>people stop playing it after a few weeks

every fucking time

the balance is genuinely fucked
as some specs it's simply impossible to do competitive amounts of damage

barely any more content than wod
everything is timegated
artifacts are a massive grind and clunky
you have to complete 75% of each area to unlock world quests for every character
unlike what we were told there is no way to target specific legendaries and its complete rng what you get (most specs have 1 good legendary)
gear is too RNG, its better to run +2/+3 mythics repeatedly than do +10
gear in general is too easily available
PvP is the worst it has ever been
heroic dungeons aren't hard at all and even if they were you'd outgear them in a day. same for mythic dungeons
raids aren't hard either unless your guild is braindead
lore doesn't make sense, lots of stupid shit, retcons, 180s in story direction, going against previously determined facts

it had the most potential out of expacs since wotlk but blizzard fucked it up in a way I never thought possible

So this graph is just for how many hours of the week people are playing, yeah? Because this seems to have no real information on subs.

If that's the case, of course it trends down after the first week, people front load their playtime at the release of any expansion. They even take sick days to get up to speed. I guarantee the beginning of any expansion would have a similar trend.

So what's the problem, then?

It's like clockwork. Every expansion half of my friends who still can't accept that the game is over buy into the hype and OMG IT'S SO MUCH BETTER THAN DRAENOR!!

Then a few months later none of them are playing again and do the whole "I can't believe I fell for it again, tell me not to next time"

Every time.

the activity is trending towards WoD level (after a year of no content)

Just posting a bit that why nelf mages makes no fucking sense.

This, it's not a very good graph, or that detailed.
It's not surprising that the first 2 weeks everyone is playing the new shit.
But it does also say something if all of your dedicated WoW heads who somehow put up with WoD are playing less.

Maiev did nothing wrong
gas the Highbourne, elf wars now

What happened to Death Knights and Monks in July?

What a retarded catch-all statement. Any slight downward trend would be 'going towards WoD levels', technically.

Address my argument or don't bother responding, shitposter.

probably a bug not recognizing the post-vanilla classes or something

>What went wrong?
summer ended

>le let's be autists and demand the world stay a static place and ignore there were night elf mages inside dire maul all along meme

why is survival hunter so much more fun than BM or MM
how could Blizzard be so right, while fucking up everything else

Of course I don't play as much once I'm done leveling

Paladin or priest for healing? I can't make up my mind.

>"Oh, didn't do anything wrong, but I'm sure he will!"
>proceed to trap his own brother in a cell for 10k years
>"nah, we will just use the thing Illidan had created to fuel our immortality"
Yeah, Malfurion was and will be a massive fucking cunt.

Being a healer is about being a slut.
Priests get pretty dresses.

and now you have no people to enjoy the content with cause they're all quitting and the ones that remain have probably already done all mythics and won't run them again just cause someone failed to keep up

>expansion rose popularity only for two weeks then people didnt give a shit
JUST

Survival is complex and interactive.

MM and BM are not.

I still prefer ranged.

Not sure if I'm playing the same game as you, but there's 40-60+ people on in my guild at all times to do endgame content with

>it's another Malfurion going "MUH TREES" episode

>implying Blizzard gives a shit

They know how this shit works at this point. They sell an expansion, make a bunch of money selling the box, everyone except the long term addicts quit after a few weeks.

Honestly, the whole thing would be fine except they never release the conclusion in a timely manner, so it's not like it's an engaging experience.

Maiev a shit
Malfurion a shit

muh trees

was going to stay subbed for kara but tried it on PTR and it is not really that fun.

lets say they made native linux versions of their games
would anything change?

You mean 5 octillion

linux users could play them

- class balance is complete garbage
>yep
- Mythic+ is completely farmable, making raid content trivial
>yep
- world quests get useless very quickly
>Not true at all. Garrison resources/gold/rep is always useful
- professions are a chore and crafting is useless by now
>Still making dank money with professions, craftable items and potions are always in demand.
- absurd material costs for consumables have caused botting to sky-rocket
>can't attest to this one, though I haven't seen a single bot.
- entry raid was extremely underwhelming
>I enjoyed it.
- legendary drops are horrendous
>wah why can't I have my legendary day one

>responding to a post two hours old to argue for no reason
>can't even greentext properly
Please lurk for at least two years before posting again. Polite sage.

Suramar is super awesome looking. Wish they made it the main city in Legion instead of recycled Dalaran

i didn't know there are only

>- Mythic+ is completely farmable, making raid content trivial
That's actually fucking great news for those of us who don't like raiding for various reasons but would like to continue progressing

>6 million

|
>
|
|

More Suramar City. Haven't liked a zone this much since Eversong Woods/Silvermoon City

dumping

I'm having fun with it

>tfw running around handing out manacrack while listening to NWA's Dopeman

what classes can solo WoD raids?

Ysera.

>Yo man, whatchu need?

Cataclysm killed the Warcraft.

I think you mean after WC3, Wrath, and Pandaria there was no lore.

The only thing warlords needed to actually have relevant lore was an army of time traveling dragons. There were no armies of time traveling dragons.

Instead it was an Orc/Horde wank fest.

Kek i remember all the rant during early cata

>tfw Frost dk
JUST

I just started blood tanking in disgust, it's actually bretty fun, instant queues too

Hopefully we get another balance boost, seeing as the first one obviously wasn't enough to get us out of the dumpster

Mythic + is such a fucking stupid system, I dont know what shithead thought it was okay.

If youre a brainless class that happens to be good at clearing trash packs all day you can pump yourself full of gear faster than almost any hardcore raider.

So now you have a bunch of retards who think they can look down at people because they can literally just grind dungeon trash and get 875s because of it.

Seriously, what a joke

>first one obviously wasn't enough
but bdk didn't get buffed in the first hotfix, fampachi

Mythic+ 7 this week on EU feels harder than anything in EN HC

Sorry I wasn't clear, frost got buffed the first time by like 15% and we're still in the bottom 5 specs in the new postpatch heroic data

Maybe that's 'good enough' by Blizzard's standards, really hope not

I actually don't mind the new mythic+ system, it's a legit alternative progression path, instead of raid raid raid like it was during WoD. It's more options, people who like raiding can still do that

name me one class that can't do +2 boosts

We did it with two warlocks as our DPS before the buffs to warlocks

better graph less muddled

Grinding buffed dungeon trash should never be harder than raid content. Doesnt help the content is "coincidentally" tailored for DPS DH which is garbage in raiding

the "100" active player is thousand

In a week if it continues falling at this rate there will be less then a mil people playing again

frost will always be shit as long as the Obliterate/Frostsycthe dichotomy exists
I sure do love wasting runes and losing DPS because of random chance I can do nothing about

REMEMBER

The problem isnt that its alternate progression, the problem is its being abused to the point where its trivializing raiding. Because you can grind as much as you want, you can basically ignore raiding and be way more geared than a Heroic raider easily.

>+2

Lmao, any melee can just faceroll cleave a +6 and then thumb his nose at a dps caster because he can grind trash better

You could seriously improve the rotation by making the base artifact ability active instead of passive. Frost literally has the only passive base ability in the game

Seems like Blizzard is trying to funnel everyone into Mythic raiding and doesn't really care how you get there gear wise

>You could seriously improve the rotation by making the base artifact ability active instead of passive.
give them an attack that's not Obliterate and change Frostscythe to replace Obliterate instead of competing with it for KM crits and make their artifact ability something that can proc off the new attack
>Frost literally has the only passive base ability in the game
BM's artifact ability is so passive it's not even an ability

I came back to Legion after a ~six year break from WoW. It's alright, but some of the magic is missing.

The numbers are fucked. I'm having trouble wrapping my head around having millions of HP and doing hundreds of thousands of damage per hit. While it's fun being able to solo old raid content, I wonder what prompted such a huge jump for this expansion.

I wish I could fly already, Highmountain and Stormheim are fucking annoying to navigate. Also, the whole of Broken Isles feels small and cramped and I wish there was more open space, some fields and plains for example. It feels more like a theme park instead of a world (of Warcraft).

The class hall seemed fun at first (pretty much entirely skipped the WoD garrison), but now I'm realizing how much of a speed bump it is for gearing up alts. Fallout Shelter turned me off of time-gated content, didn't expect it here.

Suramar City is fucking nice. It's big, pretty, populated and loaded with immersive clutter. I also enjoy the pseudo-stealth system it has in place. If only there was more content on a similar scale in the game.

Haven't done any dungeon content yet so can't weigh in on those, but my impression so far is that Legion is so-so. Slightly disappointing, but so far not a catastrophe. It leaves me pining for the old days of BC and WotLK where I had my most memorable moments with the game.

>I wonder what prompted such a huge jump for this expansion
It's not a huge jump. It's consistent with all previous expansions.

>I wish I could fly already
heck off

>Broken Isles feels small and cramped
yeah i agree that's a good point actually. there's no wide open spaces.

>I came back to Legion after a ~six year
>(pretty much entirely skipped the WoD garrison),

How is this graph supposed to prove anything?

I have 6 110s so far, meaning "activity" on my characters dropped once I started focusing on someone else. I guess that means I unsubscribed.

>Frost literally has the only passive base ability in the game
Why are you lying?

Read it in another thread, obvious that guy was wrong. Suffice to say, it's a really shit ability nonetheless

Keystones don't apply to raids, mythic raids weren't a new difficulty they were just heroic renamed because having a difficulty named "flex" made no sense if there were multiple difficulties that were flexible.

The -forged gear is a huge problem though and pretty much guarantees tuning will be fucked the entire expeansion.

BM's artifact ability is just getting a second pet

It's stating the obvious, yeah, but this was a full-on 1-110 grind, and at the beginning of WoD the game does force you to do a bit of peon busywork at the garrison before letting you continue on with the questing. I don't generally mind the idea of basebuilding, but I'm not that impressed with WoW's rendition of the concept. It would work much better if it was completely optional, or possibly guild content.

As for now, my progress towards my third relic slot is impeded by several 12h class hall missions, and all I can do is wait for them to happen on their own. If I do level an alt (my level 100 boost goes unused), I'll have to do play the waiting game again, and until it's all done my character(s) will be unable to reach their full potential.

>heck off
I'm not entirely sure why people are so against being able to fly. I just enjoy it for the sake of being able to do it, and also it would help me tolerate Highmountain a lot more.

Granted, it would completely ruin Suramar City and several other locations on the isles, so if it never happens, I can understand why.

my body is ready for another dissapointing emissary box

The class hall missions that are timed are annoying, but ultimately a nonfactor.
Its just two days, you can progress your characters in other ways in the meantime.

Whats more important is that you get your char to 110 and then start your artifact knowledge research ASAP. Thats the only vital thing when it comes to alts, everything else is easy catchup.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aegwynn/Akkis/feed

I bought Legion.

Man I am fucking bored, though. I don't understand.

I loved that game years ago and it was a buggy mess, but after coming back I'm just so immensely bored. I can't really comprehend what is going on, to be honest. We can shitpost all we want but I just don't know. Was wow always such a total piece of shit? If it was, how the fuck did I have so much fun?

I just find Legion so fucking BORING. The plot if completely fucking retarded, and wow plot has ALWAYS been retarded, but this shit is next level stupid. Like, how is it possible that nobody said
>hey, this shit is really, really dumb
>maybe we should tone it down?

But NO! Everything is fucking retarded, nonsensical gibberish that hardly makes sense. I couldn't even try and drag a bit of fun out of that retarded shit they call a plot when the game itself made me want to kill myself. Everything just fucking jumps all over the place.

Shit just fucking happens for no reason only to get hand waves away later. Everyone makes the worst possible fucking decisions imaginable 95% of the time jsut to give the player something to do.

I fucking hated daily quests, too, but now they are called "world" quests, there are more of them, they are more obnoxious to do and the whole artifact bullshit is just a fucking chore.

Also fuck CORRUPTED CORRUPTIONS CORRUPTING CORRUPTATED CORRUPTORS CORRUPT ON CORRUPOSITY. This is the most retarded shit and I hate myself for playing it.

Still thinking WoW expansions are going to be good after cataclysm is being gullible as fuck honestly. Why pay for them? Blizzard hands them out before the next expansion anyway? That's how I've gotten every expansion since cata.

what's the OP class of the month is right now?

druids
they're the best tanks, the best melee DPS, the second best raid healers after holy, and decent ranged DPS

mage of course.

Eleshamans.

eh. their always been up there
And weren't mages up on the dps list too?

The something has been nerfed to kingdom come?

Where's the unbalance?

Warriors got nerfd hard in single target even though thats all they're good for.

>Still thinking WoW expansions are going to be good after cataclysm
MoP was one of the best expansions.

Why don't they add new races anymore?
Arrakoa when?

This is how WoW subs are going to be until the game dies. People just want to experience the new expansion for a month or two, level up a character, get some gear and leave. There is too much instant gratification to justify being subbed for the entire expansion like people used to.

you also get the most value out of the first month after launch.
after that you kinda just sub for less and less new content.

Even when its all steady patches with stuff it doesnt compare to the amount of shit you get at launch.

S-shut the fuck up!!! It's an amazing game, but I have school!!!

>Get Archmage Vargoth as a follower for my Mage
>Put him in a mission slot
>"Looks can be deceiving~"

>put Whitemane in a mission
>what do you seek?
oh baby

>smuggling wine and saving kidnapped kids
>riding on a devilsaur and chomping up demons
>grappling onto rooftops and finding treasure

Best part of the xpac IMO

LEMAO