How do we convince Capcom that God Hand is the game they should remaster next?

How do we convince Capcom that God Hand is the game they should remaster next?

Should we, dare I say it; start a petition?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kzb2ZNam5O8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do we even want modern version of God Hand?
The very thought fills me with fear

The only way to do it is to just buy the remasters they make, sadly, show that they are making money, they will have to start flicking back to find more things to remaster and it might come up. Since thats one of their more niche games it would be fairly low on the list of games that would get a remaster.

By tricking them into thinking it will sell

they're not Alexander

>implying anyone wants to release a game with tank controls in the age of casuals.

Wasn't this game a bomb? I can see why Capcom would be hesitant on making a new version or rerelease. RE4, DMC3, and Onimusha 3, among others, were such popular titles they even received PC versions, which is unusual for Jap games of the era, God Hand IIRC doesn't even have a PSN rerelease.

I think God Hand would sell much better today than it did on release.

Games that have a big cult following tend to blow up on re-release. Digital and social media gives games like Valkyria Chronicles a second chance.

Think about how much good buzz a God Hand remaster would generate on Cred Forums, I think a remaster could sell half a million, no joke.

God hand is on PSN, but you are right that it didn't sell that well at all since Clover Studios was shut down after it's release.

But honestly there are multiple reasons why it sold badly:

>The release date being so close to the launch of the PS3
>Tank controls when everyone has already transitioned to more natural control methods
>IGN giving it a 3/10 review
>boxart that isn't very appealing or tells you what the game is about

I do think it would sell way better if it was rereleased today, similar to the REmake HD Remaster.

God Hand was extremely misunderstood on release.

I think if it was released today when many consider it a classic the game would enjoy a bigger success.

It's going to pull a NieR: Automata, probably. Nobody expected a new fucking NieR game. One can hope a new God Hand gets developed.

>Current Capcom
>Making God Hand 2.

Nope, never gonna happen.

They're currently in play it safe mode, remasters and sequels to popular franchises. A remastered God Hand is possible, but sequel? Not unless a remaster sells over a million or so.

They'd be right.

God Hand is not a great game.

It is a fairly interesting, and ludicrously deep, combat system bolted to the side of a wriggling human turd with little turd-worms living in it.

What God Hand NEEDS is a "spiritual successor", or whatever you want to call "an actual, good game that riffs on the God Hand combat system"

Nor is their style impetuous.

>Great mechanics in a shitty game.

That's like Capcom's entire M.O.

What the hell are you talking about? There's nothing particularly deep or complex about God Hand's combat system, it's incredibly simplistic at its core and works specifically because the game is well designed in the areas that count like the enemies. It did feel rushed, but calling it a turd is plain retarded.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

remember when the Capcom logo on a box was an indicator of quality? i miss those days

all of my favourite Capcom series are dead or getting run into the ground. I tried really hard to enjoy SF5 but I'm just not a huge fan.

the only Capcom series I enjoy any more are Ace Attorney (SoJ was actually pretty good) and MonHun

Yeah but remaster=/=remake

OP said remaster, not remake

>I think God Hand would sell much better today than it did on release.
Well yes, there are a lot more consumers today than there were 10 years ago.

Why does it need a remaster?
What does it gain from that, just being on PS4? Why do you want to senselessly give capcom money?

>What does it gain from that, just being on PS4?

Not everyone likes or uses emulation you know.

CAPCOM GIVE US GOD HAND REMASTER ALREADY

I really don't trust Capcom to remaster anything they didn't make.

have HHD Nintendo Babies instead, the clearly superior game

Get a fat PS3

>Buying an old outdated model of a last gen system that's prone to hardware failure for one PS2 game.

Nope.

For the entire libraries of the PS2 and 3, come on now.

Mine is 10 years old and still Works for me :^) guess Europeans models weren't as shit as the american ones, or maybe it has something to do with fat greasy american fingers clogging up the ventilation or something.

I'd settle for a spiritual successor, if only because Capcom aren't in the business of making many good games anymore, and this would allow another company to try it (like Tango Gameworks maybe).

I can emulate it in 4k+ in widescreen I don't need a remaster

Old games look like hot garbage unless you have a CRT, I was dumb and got rid of mine. And yes I'm one of those people who like old games I enjoy on current systems, even if it's just a framerate and resolution bump.

Just remaster, and make sure it gets a good PC port. Since Mikami's not involved, I actually don't want Capcom to make a new game because I 100% guarantee you it wouldn't be half as well designed.

Sure, it'd probably be superficially similar, but I'm sure any difficulty they'd put in would be relegated to instant death traps, grinding, and abusing QTE's. The first game had QTE's, sure, but offensively they were a universal game mechanic and were always just "mash face buttons as fast as possible", and defensively you wanted to see them because it meant you could negate damage you should've taken anyway. Even then, 99% of the time it was waggling left stick to counter a throw, with the other two being pressing the button that comes up when the gorilla guy tries to body slam you to dodge or outmashing Azel if he hits you with the MUDAMUDAMUDA shit.

It doesn't need a PC port it emulates like a fucken dream

You're right, but I just figured it'd be better optimized. Shit's hard on my CPU and not hard enough on my graphics card.

Absolver reminds me on it (but much less crazy obviously): youtube.com/watch?v=Kzb2ZNam5O8

>You can emulate it therefore it doesn't deserve a remaster.

Never understood this reasoning, some game on consoles or toasters.

An emulated game will almost never run better than a game running natively.

Are the DMC and GH in one universe?

But it would look like shit if you did that
You can play an Atari in 4k+ widescreen and it still would look bad

This is only a temporary problem since cpus are constantly getting better any i5 released in the past 6 years can emulate ps2 games just fine

Doesn't look like God Hand at all. Looks more like Bamham or perhaps a slow version of Overgrowth than it does God Hand. Doubt the devs have even heard of God Hand.

...why?

what would it add to the game?

60fps baybee

It uses the same pick a combo from godhand

You're saying you can't play PS2 games without a CRT.

The pick a combo is hardly God Hand's invention. What else does it have?

I guess then this game is also a spiritual successor