What do you think of Valkyria: Azure Revolution?

What do you think of Valkyria: Azure Revolution?

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconera.com/2016/05/24/valkyria-azure-revolution-getting-big-changes-make-less-action-y-strategy-rpg/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A game for smurfs.

Bring Raita back please.

He's got better shoes and pants

Tcchh

>Just when you thought Selvaria's tits were ridiculous.
Seriously what happened. Did all people responsible for making decisions got stroke collectively? Everything about it seems so shit.

Japan and it's retarded consumer-base need to pull their shit together and instantly assume non-medieval military setting means it's "western".

fuckers ruined my anime ww1 game.

>technology is clearly early 30's
>ww1

There's fucking lance rockets and magic and shit so it's clearly not based on any real war tech. Let me be pissy about the setting turning into a snooze fest.

bad post

Glad it's on vita now
Funny how people think this is a massive departure because they only played 1.
Haven't seen it since it was remade after everyone saw it and hated it instantly.

It's intentionally made different than real world technology advancement. Powered flight is just a concept while WW1 already had airplanes taking part in war effort. However the opression themes and fact it is in fact second great war of the setting make it clear it was based off WW2.

>Funny how people think this is a massive departure because they only played 1.
It is. The art style is completely fucked up and the gameplay is hot garbage.

actually looks terrible

i wanted the series back on consoles, but not like this

>vitafag
>defending this piece of shit

He's going all out

>because they only played 1.

Right, because 1 is the only game that isn't a massive kawaii uggu panty weebshit game chasing the persona audience

>he doesn't own the greatest handheld ever made

lmaoing@urlif

>everyone played it and hated it

fixed for you. Japan had a closed demo of it on PS4, getting 3 times the feedback they expected most of which was extremely negative, or as the developer called it "harsh". Not even Japan wanted what they tried to peddle at first.

Source: siliconera.com/2016/05/24/valkyria-azure-revolution-getting-big-changes-make-less-action-y-strategy-rpg/

>was morbidly looking forward to the changes
>nothing really changed, game is still awful

Even if the gameplay looked alright, the art changed way too much. It actually looks abhorrent even compared to the ugliest anime games out there.

Such subtlety in character design.

Trash.

They're just using the name to try and sell a manufactured turd.
This is not what any fan of the original VC wanted.

I'm fine with it. Just hoping that Sega holds to their word and we'll get actual Valkyria game later, since this supposed to just be a spin-off.

Will we ever get a good VC game again? VC3 was a step in the right direction but still pretty shit compared to VC1. Big anime sword classes were a mistake

1=>3>2
Sad to see the direction this franchise is going in. VC was one of my all time favorite series

This game will bomb in Japan and probably never even get localized then it's game over.

Right side is so generic it almost looks like a parody of anime

Nope because Japan absolutely hates this one so it will bomb there.

*Blitzkriegs behind you

Tch nothing personnel

I totally forgot that, lore wise, it was the second war.

The right one looks like a generic god eater character.

actually this.
i thought this was a god eater thread

>left: actually functional and realistic military uniform design despite "anime" aesthetic
>right: the most generic of generic modern anime shit, looks straight out of God Eater or other crap like that

Fuck SEGA

Weebs can't even design a proper chainsword.
Filthy heretics

I'm completely fine with the designs and all that, VC2 and VC3 had them and they were fine. The problem with this one is the gameplay. Put as many big anime swords as you want, throw a loli in there if you feel like it, but don't shit up the gameplay.

The composer behind the soundtrack for Chrono Trigger and Cross is doing the soundtrack, so no matter how shit it turns out to be, I'll probably buy and play it anyway.

VC1: Know and love
VC2: Highschool SoL, Grinding, nonsensical story, silly designs
VC3: Great gameplay, nice story, semi-"anime cool guy" designs

So yeah I think the art style is pretty much gone for good, but if the trends follow, the game after this next one should be great.
and they wont translate it

Her tits always looked like that

>VC2 and VC3 had them
No they didn't.

so many possibilitys...

No, my main peeve is that they threw out the concept of a squad of random guys working together to save their country.

Now it's all about "chosen ones" and heroes and princesses and the same sort of crap you'd expect from much more cliched JRPGs.

The 2008 one was almost too "anime" for me, i cant see anyone older than 15 liking the 2015 one.

Not even close

Mitsuda is doing the OST? Not Hashimoto?

Do they? I was under impression that the demo was better received in Japan. You'd think that Sega wasn't absolutely deaf to demands of fans, they're not Nintendo.

Demo was literally hated there. They got 3 times the feedback they expected and it was all extremely negative.

I don't blame the players.
I never understood why Sega bothered to waste the money and manpower to redesign the battle system.
Now that game looks like it can't decide if it wants to be a swords-and-sorcery fantasy, or a military drama.

Arent Valkyrias supposed to be females?

Why is everyone either a KH character or an FE Waifu? Where the hell are my tanks!?

Do you really expect them to respect the lore at this point? When they've ruined everything? Really?

>Why is everyone either a KH character or an FE Waifu

Because japan.

Someone post that interview where Japanese were confused by the first game because they saw a tank and were like "oh no a war game!"

It's kind of crazy how much of the game has been made when they have no idea about the combat system and can seemingly change it on a whim. Like did they really need feedback to know how shit the game played?

It jumped the shark

What is it with the Japanese and clip point blades?

What audience are they even trying to pull here? SA:O? CoD? Why the fuck must they ruin it & not make it like 1 or fuck even 3? What were they thinking?

I'm really 10/10 mad right now.

It's actually pretty impressive. They made a fantastic game, then they fucking ruined it, then they recovered a little and now they're ruining everything again! Modern Sega, everybody.

>no raita
What were they thinking?

The funny thing is, if Sega made it as a brand new IP it would have been much more well received.

Or announce both this, and new mainline VC game. Just pull some PR bullshit about this coming out first since they want to give new game proper polish, so that it can live up to the first game.

If they just had Raita I would've gotten it regardless of how it turned out.

It's probably more of a wild arms game since its made by media vision

What the fuck is up with their obsession with belts?

I might have gotten the art book.

What the fuck happened to him