It has been 5 months since the creation kit came out and these are still the top 5 mods on Nexus

It has been 5 months since the creation kit came out and these are still the top 5 mods on Nexus.

Is the modding scene for Fallout 5 literally dead?

yep

console mods killed it

There are a bunch of things that killed the scene before it started.

>voiced protagonist
>delayed mod kit
>creepy waifufags in every modding community driving away most modders
>skyrim modding culture ie "just another immersive mod" and "le my black skin is worth sharing" mentalities
>other releases from the past year
>simplified gameplay compared to NV
>restrictions in modding
>the idea that paid modding is still up in the air

TES6 modding will probably be even worse.

I guess you could say it's literally dead since the game doesn't even exist yet

No, it just doesn't exist yet

That said, the upcoming official VR functionality might add some interesting content for those with HMDs. I don't have one but when I get one I'll probably spend some time modding the game because in VR that would be really fun.

>>creepy waifufags in every modding community driving away most modders
This is what happens when you let /vg/ out of their containment board.

same thing plagues Witcher 3 or any Bioware threads.

When they stop updating Fallout 4 so that I can stop replacing my script extender every update, the tediousness of that kills any mod potential.

I also think that a big part is that the game already looks pretty good texture wise, so there go's 90% of your mods

Considering 90% of the Fallout4 mods are textures mods, that doesn't make any sense!

>the game already looks pretty good texture wise

>AWKCR
ok what does it do
> WELL EVERYTHING BUT NOTING ON ITS OWN
what ?
> READ THIS 10 x A4 PAPER WALL OF TEXT?
wtf does it do ?
> WELL ITS A PLATFORM THAT ARMOR MODS AND WEAPONS MODS USE
Ok why not include that shit with armor and weapon mods
> WELL BECAUSE
Well ?
[User was banned from this forum]

The paid modding fiasco killed the Bethesda modding scene. The outcry by the public wasn't actually relevant, it was the modders who backstabbed each other and ruined years worth of commitment that destroyed it.

A whole bunch of good modders gave up on Bethesda for good.

>>simplified gameplay compared to NV
not even subtle

>the game already looks pretty good texture wise

Indeed

You mean the only thing that keeps those discussions alive and gives games apparent look of being alive ?

That same animation is a mod from nv kek

I hope thiss will be the final nail in the coffin for Bethesda too.

It's a mod library so other mod assets don't conflict with each other, it's not a difficult concept.

Can you explain what you mean? The animation system has the same limitations as Skyrim so combat is worse than FNV/Oblivion.

Eternal circlejerking over virtual characters isn't keeping a community healthy.

Nope. The modders left, the fanboys didnt.

FO4 was hugely successful, as will all future Bethesda games.

its better than all the other games whos tope 5 always include retextured mod and unofficials patachs or a nude mod.

but the fact of the matter is that it still at least looks better than 3 and NV.

cherry picking like that will get you nowhere, kiddo.

Has anyone tried resurrection? I know it looks wonky as fuck, but i like the concept

>Can you explain what you mean? The animation system has the same limitations as Skyrim so combat is worse than FNV/Oblivion
Not that hungry senpai

>the fanboys didnt

Only them stay it seems. Just look at the steam rewievs, it's the only Bethesda game with them "on the middle"

>Eternal circlejerking over virtual characters isn't keeping a community healthy.
Well its either that or no one gives a fuck, since to most gamers waifus are literally the most important thing worth discussing

It's time to stop posting todd

>Looks better than 3 and NV.

L

O

L

>it looks better than an 8 years old game

impressive. Bravo Todd, bravo.

Are you new to modding bethesda games

>It's time to stop posting todd
The fuck are you smoking, I think FO4 is absolutely shit but you're a fucking moron if you think FO4 was unsuccessful, it made 3 million sales on PC alone.

can your pc texture buildings a mile away?

You have to cherry pick really hard to find good images of 3/NV. Fallout 4's even without mods look okay.

Might want to stop defending your degenerate hobby, it's not cool. Communities lasted just fine before Dragon Age introduced obsessive virgins to video games.

No, I just never used mods that required other mods to use.

You are new to bethesda modding then. Common libraries are nothing new not only for Bethesda games either.

What are you talking about?

Everything on your screen is something that should have been in the game from the start.
In other words, the standard mode of operation bor Bethesda "games".

What exactly are you unhappy about?

>What is SKSE, F4SE or any other script extender that a ton of other mods need

What?

f4's graphics should be a crime against humanity

T.console retard

So you just use weapon reskins and model swaps? Do you play on console?

>Still nothing good on lovers lab.

See now that is the problem with the game desu. I cant wait for 'combat' mods

I'm literally waiting for a good sex mod to pirate this game.

But even without mods it looks better than FNV with mods.

He's saying your far clip plane is shit, because it is

Zooming that far on my comp is no problem

>i have add

>It has been 5 months since the creation kit came out for Fallout 5

Jesus christ, Imagine if this was the next phase in gaming. We're already selling games in alpha stages, why not start selling assets as well. Not happy with out direction? Here's a bunch of assets we made and some recorded dialogue and the creation kit, make the game yourself. And then they could sell more assets as DLC.

hideous, if not the fact that it has shadows fnv modded would look better.

Just look at that ground holy hell, I'm pretty sure stalker has better ground textures.

Apparently the engine is more tightlocked and restricted than ever before and more pain in the ass to work with.

You're lucky people had patience even for those.

They need a fully functioning script extender before they can do anything. F4SE isn't finished yet so don't hold your breath until it is.

The delay on the creation kit probably didn't help either, nor the fact that the voiced protagonist/main quest of Fallout 4 seems to have put a fair few people off modding it all together.

Skyrim had to wait about a year for LL to do anything with it, Fallout 4 is going to be significantly longer.

>playing with dof active

>comparing lods to textures

wew lad

>what is Unity Engine?

At this point it's exactly what you're talking about.

>that tiny baby wrist

New Vegas looks worse
Higher resolution textures but no tessellation.
Everything looks like a damn wallpaper.

Why is DoF so fucking terrible and why do people insist it looks good during gameplay? Makes me fucking puke.

>Hideous ENB
>High quality textures on a low poly model

>That shit blur 20m in
>Shit ENB again
>High quality textures on a low poly model
>Playing with dof

>Shit armour that doesn't fit into the game whatsoever and makes you look like a retard.
>That shit lod in the background
>shitty blur
>Playing with dof on

Please fucking remove yourself your NV looks like an absolute trainwreck.
Not saying FO4 is better in anyway but by the looks on your "NV" I'd hazard a guess to say that it does look better.

Still looks way better than modded NV.

If you say so. NV looks like ass in motion too, 4 blows it out there.

I have a feeling that might have been (part of) the thought process behind Nuka World.

It's got a real variety of art assets from the various zones, but is fairly sparse in terms of the story which basically consists of five short quests, a handful of bare-bones scavenger hunt/fetch quests as side quests and a Not!Minutemen settlement claiming mechanic.

Feels like they just wanted to make a bunch of stuff modders could use in other mods, like all the wild west shit for fans of New Vegas, in the hope that modders would buy it to utilise the art assets and thus make it a requirement for their mods, forcing other people to buy the DLC.

Or maybe I'm just paranoid.

I have no idea user

same for motion blur and all those other "cinematic" effects. they just look like shit while playing

Man, I don't get it either. Playing with DoF is like jacking off with sandpaper.

4 is better in every conceivable way though. It was lacking in art design but the graphics are pretty good.

The game is a fucking abomination, no wonder it's dying so quickly.

Modded it looks better

>Todd tries to push Paid Mods
>mod creators saw a greedy publisher trying to turn the hobbyist works of amateur, for-fun modding community into what is essentially outsourced DLC to give Bethesda money for doing absolutely nothing
>mod creators saw their unpaid work being stolen by parasites and uploaded as paid mods, who also had the chutzpah to link all complaint and criticism of that stolen mod back to the actual content creator (UR MOD BRICKED MUH xbox UR MOD IS SHIT LE DOWNVOAT)
>some modders get laughed out of the community because they jumped on board, and now nobody will collaborate with them since they're likely to fuck you over for the money if Todd tries to pull that shit again
>Fallout 4 modding scene ends up being very low energy

really makes you think

you can get textures that are paralexed

google jays enb for better pics/vids, it's amazing what they did.

>what is turning off dof
>what are fun mods

and the Lod can be fixed with mods

Wait? It came out. Didn't even notice that. I guess that modding scene for that game is pretty much dead.

These are the top files for Skyrim.
It's basically the same and it's one of the games with the largest modding community.

Forgot the pic

Top 5 is pretty irrelevant. Top 100 might say something. And the fallout 4 ones are painting a bleak picture.

Making shitty posts won't get you anywhere Todd

trainwiz finished his mod btw, posted the trailer earlier.

I love these LOD bugs

>no dynalod for f4

Holy shit. Playing with this mod on might actually make the game even more depressing.

Are you for fucking real? Fallout is normie territory now, like fucking Elder Scrolls level. It's making money hand over fist.

You've got to be insane to think Fallout New Vegas looks better than Fallout 4

there are much better ways to press the issue that New Vegas is a much much better game than 4 but dont bother bringing graphics up to prove the point

Yeah, but it just works

For what purpose would you ever use a mini nuke to heal?

Surly there are much better weapons for that effect.

Gabe tried to push the paid mods with bethesda's owner zenimax, it was over Todd's head.

more people are playing skyrim now than f4, the normies moved on to a new meme game

IT JUST WERKS BUY IT NOW, SEASON PASS TOO

that looks very good
do you have the mod list?

nla enb,

verdunt,sfo,

real clouds

and a fuckload of retextures. All the main ones.

and dynalod with enhanced landscapes forgot that

>dogmeat runs off ledge
fuck

Did anyone point out that the first mods always get a shitload of endorsements and sit on top forever?

Anyone else use their brains?

No?

k

>Framework mod required by lots of other mods
>Framework mod required by lots of other mods
>Texture pack
>CBBE
>Fixing shitty dialog

That seems normal, if you look at Skyrim mods years later the top mods are still, UI Fix, Patches, Body mod, and HD textures.

Problem is that's literally all there is on the Fallout 4 Nexus.

Those are genuinely the highlights.

Yea it's pretty nice. Also very heavy but I guess that is pretty obvious.

Anyone have the gif of the guard in Oblivion doing the exact same thing during a conversation?

Nevermind, I still have it.

>worst case of same face in a 3d game ever
Face it, waifu fags are the only one that could've saved this shit game. Normies couldn't care less about modding.

Why did they remove the brightness setting? I can hardly see anything except for outside in the daytime you can't wait anywhere any more so you have to walk around at night most of the time anyway.

IT

JUST

It's taken a while, but I think people are coming to understand that Bethesda games are unfixable and that modding is a waste of time.

They will fall for 2 more shit games before the end.

WORKS

Then why just not say that, also why the fuck does it add some shit to your crafting menu

>Armor/weapon keyword standardization

Skyrim never really needed something like this. Is it that bad?

literally the same like 4 times
glad i didnt buy this piece of shit

fucking kek

that quest alone is reason enough to never give a shit about a bethesda game ever again

Be honest, do you ever say no to a Quest?

this OP is an idiot

I'd ban your retarded ass too.

FO4 didn't really have the same hype that Skyrim had backing it up either which I think is the reason why it has a lot more staying power, among others. I'd reckon a theoretical TES6 could probably still do much better than FO4 if Todd boy doesn't go with poor decisions.

Yes. Yes I do. I was pretty fucking mad when I couldn't not agree to go help a guy go kill some people to steal some drugs. Like you're supposed to be role-playing. Who thinks that's something every character would automatically agree to do?

Basically Bethesda is trying to tighten the modability of their games, but they seem to ignore the fact that for over a decade now Bethesda games are popular first and utmost because of the modability.

What's the point? Surely it costs more to have the actors voice slight variations of the same line multiple times.

Illusion of choice.