Its story time mother fuckers

Starting off with Lunar 2, might do something else after if I'm still alive.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ftQtiaKaFa0&
youtube.com/watch?v=pCj_2X4R7JU
youtube.com/watch?v=__apaXx1gvo&
mega.nz/#!UIxVmQ7I!LWZ5fN_v-CUy2zTFJwXZgzUd-XWsYYdVV5RRE_kbWcE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>160 pages
what have I gotten myself into

For your sake I hope you have a Pass

Chapter 1

There's a fucking Lunar 2 Manga? Holy shit.

Does Lunar TSS have a Manga too?

Yup, I was considering story timing the first one instead, but I liked Lunar 2 more as a game, and it seems like more people were able to actually play this one.

"Lady Luck be kind!"

How can a little cat be his wife?

Taking a small break after this page to make some breakfast.

I'll keep your thread alive for a bit.

thanks m8

"You need a spanking!"

What are best Lunar quotes?

can you upload a zipped up folder to mediafire or some shit. I love the lunar games.

Sure, I can post a .rar when I'm done. I'm kind of getting each chapter as I finish one, so I don't have it all yet. I just spent 6 hours dumping game manuals earlier, so I'm cutting a few corners with this story time to give myself a bit of a break

no problem. whatever you have to share in regards to the lunar games is appreciated.

I actually just replayed silver star story complete on the ps1 for my 4TH!! time in maybe 10 years or so. beat it three days ago. I've played the sega cd versions once each. ps1 4 times for silver star and 3 for eternal blue complete. never bothered with the psp version of silver star nor the gba version. I tried it...but the prologue in the psp was depressing and I didn't want to play it anymore. I'm not sure what the point is to the gba version if you already own the ps1 or sega cd versions.

Did you ever try the DS game? I've been tempted to play it, but when it came out all I heard about it was that people hated having to choose between Experience or Money or something like that

oh shit the main character is Hiroyuki also known as Jap Moot

I've heard the same and lots of bad things...on top of that I never owned a ds. maybe i'll emulate it to give it a go.

I really need to replay the sega cd versions but I can't get them to emulate right. they were my first rpgs I beat without any help back in the mid 90s.

>I never owned a ds
You can get an original DS or a lite on amazon for like $25 these days. If you've never owned one you should really consider picking one up some day with a "Super Card DSTwo". Having a DS that can also emulate GBA games is pretty fucking radical, and the DS has a great library overall.

lol spoil the whole fucking game, why don't you?

I have a feeling that anyone that cared about playing this game would have played it by now

Yeah, but in that case, wouldn't you have something more interesting than a one-shot recounting some portion of the story?

>wouldn't you have something more interesting than a one-shot recounting some portion of the story?
Honestly I haven't even read this before, I'm reading it as I post it.
I just felt like doing a story time so I looked up mangas based on games and this sounded cool.

hey fuck off you little weasel. I'm waiting for him to post all of it so he'll up a rar version for me and you're distracting him.

I'm sure you can find this elsewhere on the net, you lazy cunt. Or better yet, you could just play the game!

true. I've played the game. but I don't want to have to click through a series of dead links on old forums before finding some shit that works.

if you haven't played the game you really should if you like jrpgs. not much in the way of customizing your party but it's a game with more meat compared to the first.

>I'm waiting for him to post all of it
Its gonna be a while, apparently this manga has 160 pages and I have to wait a minute between each post

>going through Shiroland
>ShiroChiros keep fucking popping up
>get THREE fucking Shiro crest drops
>FOUR fucking Chiro crest drops

And that's how I cheesed the game forever.

"Tell me, darling. Was it good for you?"

Not exactly a quote, but here's something from SSC.

"Borgan, you oversized fecal factory!"

What's the point of that thing on the left side of Lucia's hat? It looks really tacky.

Bump

Chapter 2

lunar has a few really funny lines if people take the time to talk to everyone.

despite albert odyssey being a solid but unspectacular rpg...the localization/translation was really awesome and funny.

Lunar 2 is one of my all time favorite games. I adore it.

>Chapter 1 gets almost 100 pages
>Chapter 2 is under 10 pages long

Chapter 3

>tfw I was only 2 seconds away from posting that at 12:34:56

Fuck Lunar 2. I played that on release and got to the final boss so ridiculously underdleveled that I had absolutely no chance to beat him. Like it wasn't even close. To top it off, I fucked myself on a save, and couldn't go back to grind. Not that it would have worked anyway, as I needed like 15 levels to get in shape for an extremely challenging fight, probably 20 for a normal fight.

ps1 bosses weren't that bad. i heard sega cd bosses were tougher but i can't remember well.

15 levels though? wtf were you running away from every other fight?

The Complete version is super casualized compared to the SCD version in general - way shorter dungeons, way easier bosses, etc. There wasn't anything on the level of Borgan in the PS1 version.

I had a habit of rushing through jrpgs and duking out final bosses in long, hard won battles using saved up items. I beat FF7 in about 38 hours, taking about an hour and a half to defeat Genova with an assload of hoarded mega elixirs and last elixirs, Bahamut zero, comet 2, and ultimata as my best attacks. Lunar 2 was the first game where this strategy didn't work whatsoever, the fights were lasting like eight minutes, he was just handing me my ass with no chance at all.

ah.

well from what i can remember of silver star...sega cd was tougher for normal combat but the bosses in lunar 1 seemed more challenging since they scaled with alex's level and you couldn't outgrind them. also, alex was typically a level or two higher than the rest of the party in ps1 version. so while bosses would scale with alex it would stay a level or two above the rest of the party.

>38 hours
>rushing
I did a run of FF7 a few months back and it only took me 26 hours. You can skip a lot of shit in that game and still beat it no problem.

Man, this manga's starting to jump around a lot.

Did Ghaleon cuck Alex?

WHEEEEEEEEEN I WAS ALONE AS ONE,
MY HEART WAS AS ICE, SO COLD,
WIND, WHISPERING SWEET MELODIES,
I COULDN'T BEHOLD

Chapter 4

The fact that Lunar keeps getting re-releases on every possible platform while "Lunar 3" will never come is just aggravating. Dragon Song was one of the worst things to ever happen, but I hope that didn't convince them that there aren't a lot of people interested in a third game.

there was a third game but working designs thought the game was too boring to localize. called lunar magic school. there is a fan translated version available on the game gear to emulate...but it's mediocre. i wish someone would translate the Saturn version so i could at least try it. :(

Oh, now I remember reading about that now. I think I remember screenshots from a farm or something.

youtube.com/watch?v=ftQtiaKaFa0&

I really don't understand why people wasted their time translating the game gear version when this exists

oh well, it was still decent.

I have no idea why I decided to put myself through this, two dump threads in one day is too fucking much. Between this thread and the game manuals thread I've been at this for over 12 hours, someone just shoot me so it can all be over

Well, I didn't see the game manuals thread I have both on PS1 so don't really need it but this is much appreciated.

probably because of accessibility.

it's not as easy to emulate Saturn. not as easy to program for the translation etc.

Ive never played any of the Lunar, though I heard good things about them.
This is making me consider playing through them.

Keep it up OP, thanks for the dump.

HOLY SHIT

thank you user. Can you just upload the whole thing somewhere?

Is there a grandia one as well?

already promised another user earlier in the thread that I'd upload a .RAR once I'm done

As someone who is new to the Lunar series, where should I start?

the first game

>Pokemon Blue manual
Holy fuck, that's been a long time.

PS1 or PSP version of the first game. I would say the PS1 version is better but maybe that's nostalgia.

The original Sega CD versions have quite a few differences from the later "remasters" as well, including some different dungeons and story changes.
If there was just one version to play then probably the later versions are better, but playing the originals is worth it if you really love the series.

Yeah, its worth it for fans but I just don't think its worth playing for someone who hasn't played one of the other versions, most of the charm is the characters and your party members are barely fleshed out at all in the sega cd version. Lunar 2 fares a lot better in this regard.

Basically though all the games have their own storyline differences, even the GBA one everyone seems to loathe is worth a playthrough to see the changes.

Where'd OP go?

into a coma

And we're done.

>bitching about spoilers for a 20+ year old game
If it triggers you so much, then leave the thread and play it. It's easily found and Sega CD emulation is good even on toasters.
Stop being a little bitch.

Fuck me, apparently it has an epilogue

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Haven't played this game in over a decade. Fuck, the nostalgia is hitting me hard.

HOLY SHIT OP I LOVE ETERNAL BLUE. I LOVE YOU TOO.
youtube.com/watch?v=pCj_2X4R7JU
also fuck working designs censoring but I still thank them for bringing Lunar to usa.

Ronfar is a fucking pimp but also a family man.

OP?
I love you.
I never beat this game, I could never beat the last boss, even with grinding, it's my greatest vidya shame

happy end. thanks op i love you.

youtube.com/watch?v=__apaXx1gvo&

Thanks for reading along everyone, NOW its actually over. This is the actual last page.
Not sure if it was worth posting page by page for 9 hours, but I hope some of you enjoyed it.

>Can you just upload the whole thing somewhere?
>can you upload a zipped up folder to mediafire or some shit.

mega.nz/#!UIxVmQ7I!LWZ5fN_v-CUy2zTFJwXZgzUd-XWsYYdVV5RRE_kbWcE

Thanks for the ride.

Thanks OP.

Thanks, man. I never expected a Lunar manga dump on Cred Forums and you've kept me here for another year.

Thanks buddy, I appreciated this!

Probably going to replay Lunar 2 on Sega CD or PS1 because of this. (blatant bump for OP)