Ladies and gentlemen, I present you the most overrated game of all time:

Ladies and gentlemen, I present you the most overrated game of all time:

>only two types of ranged weaponry, one of which is only available in DLC
>need DLC to craft arrows
>no locational damage; impaling a guys dome and hitting his steel boots is the same thing
>all weapons of the same category feel too similar, different weapons are just different skins
>no engaging melee combat, no parrying system like mount and blade; "parrying" is just a damage reduction buff and not actual parrying.
>can't use weapons while mounted on a horse
>the majority of spells are mechanical of a different one except with a different element and a slightly different effect
>have you wondered why there are four bound weapon spells that can summon one weapon instead of one spell that gives you the option of summoning one of four weapons? The former fills up more superficial room.
>you can't alter your body or an enemy's body with alteration spells, because that would take work for the devs, instead, alteration is just a bunch of buffs/debuffs with almost no visual effect.
>no multiplayer, despite being perfectly possible and one of the only things that might make the game enjoyable

"b-b-but it's ok if all of that is shite, because this is an rpg game not an action game!"

>level scaling
>character literally gets weaker the more you level up because of level scaling.
>rpg where your character literally gets weaker for learning something
>rpg where you can beat the game at lvl 1
>devs too lazy to make an actual consistent rpg without level scaling.

So, Skyrim is not a good shooter, is not a good action game, it's not a good rpg, it's not a strategy game, it has no co-op; what is this game even meant to be? Look up the most downloaded mods on nexus, you'll see that what players find the most valuable in this game is the ability to add naked women, and aid their autistic brains at their masturbation sessions.

5 years on and there are still autists on Cred Forums whinging about Skyrim...

And..?

It got you to talk about it 5 years after it was released.

Off the top of your head can you name another game released the same year as Skyrim?

>no locational damage
lies
lies
>no multiplayer, despite being perfectly possible and one of the only things that might make the game enjoyable
play TESO
>level scaling
within ranges
>character literally gets weaker the more you level up because of level scaling.
lies, see the above

Morrowind is shit

yea thats great and all but you forgot to mention how fun it is. If a game is fun that other shit doesnt matter. checkmate :^D

Portal 2
Rage
Batham
Red Faction
Terraria
Space Marine
DN Forever
Crysis 2
Asscreed Revelations
Dues Ex; Humus revolution
La Noire
Shogun 2
Brink
From Dust
Dark Souls

Get a fucking brain

other than shogun 2 all those games are pure trash

Nice wikipediaing, autist.

Woopdefuckingdo. Nice try moving the goalposts faggot.

I still play Skyrim, I enjoy being casual sometimes.

>I am so fucking stupid I cant think what came out in what year
Holy shit Cred Forums really has fallen. Do you even know your own birthday?

>Portal 2
>Red faction
>Terraria
>Space Marine
>Dude sex
>LA Noire
>Dark Souls
>Pure trash
Kill yourself useless nigger

Hi Todd.

>implying Skyrim isn't pure trash

Why do people have to lie when they have legitimate reasons on hand?

What's the point? It only weakens the argument as a whole.

>have you wondered why there are four bound weapon spells that can summon one weapon instead of one spell that gives you the option of summoning one of four weapons?
because the latter is infinitely more clunky? I'd rather be able to assign any one of four spells than have to choose which weapon I want to summon each time I cast a spell

Bethesdashills BTFO ITT.

>Space Marines
>trash
It's actually a good game. Fuck off and die, you heretical Nu-Male weenie.

/thread

>only two types of ranged weaponry, one of which is only available in DLC
fixed with a mod
>need DLC to craft arrows
fixed with a mod
>no locational damage; impaling a guys dome and hitting his steel boots is the same thing
fixed with a mod
>all weapons of the same category feel too similar, different weapons are just different skins
fixed with a mod
>no engaging melee combat, no parrying system like mount and blade; "parrying" is just a damage reduction buff and not actual parrying.
fixed with a mod
fixed with a mod and dlcs
>the majority of spells are mechanical of a different one except with a different element and a slightly different effect
fixed with a mod
>have you wondered why there are four bound weapon spells that can summon one weapon instead of one spell that gives you the option of summoning one of four weapons? The former fills up more superficial room.
fixed with a mod
>you can't alter your body or an enemy's body with alteration spells, because that would take work for the devs, instead, alteration is just a bunch of buffs/debuffs with almost no visual effect.
fixed with a mod
fixed with a mod

>level scaling
fixed with a mod

most of these mods are in gameplay overhauls packs, and they literally install with a single click on nexusmods. Can you stop whining? My modded Skyrim is the best rpg ever made

You will never see another Space Marine
Captain Titus will be shot into a star on charges of heresy

Don't forget the food system is garbage outside of exploiting stamina regen(An enormous oversight from almost inhuman levels of incompetence)
The loot system is beyond retarded
Magic is god awful in so many ways, feel, variety and validity.
Magic elements are almost identical outside of a few effects that aren't even noticeable at higher levels than 3.

All these fucking problems with the game and none of the dlc try to address them at all. They know their fans are drooling simpletons so they'll never EVER care to fix anything. Their focus is not on making a good game, it is to appease their masters and make loads of money off of retards. I'd gladly go back to oblivion levels of graphics if it meant having devs who cared about making a good game.

>>Portal 2
crap
>>Red faction
crap
>>Terraria
minecraft for hipsters
>>Space Marine
fa/tg/uy please go, DoW are the only good 40k games
>>Dude sex
extremely mediocre, with a press one of three giant buttons ending, seriously, what kind of a studio has a separate "UPLOAD/DELETE/EDIT" button? The only good thing about that game is the music
>>LA Noire
nice idea, boring implementation, another mediocre game
>>Dark Souls
"prepare to meme edition"
>>Pure trash
yep

The main storyline was kind of stupid killing Alduin in Sovngarde. It's like, Alduin was the main threat to Skyrim because he was bringing the dragons back to life, who in turn were ravaging the country and pretty much fucking everything up. So to kill Alduin i had to first go to a place that wasn't mentioned before and that you can't reach by foot, that's where Alduin is hanging out. But oh he's actually in Sovngarde now? Which i thought was a mythical "fantastical" place where heroes go when they die (Valhalla okay i get it.) But no it's actually a real physical place where you can go. And then you go there and you smack Alduin on the head and that's that. Okay? Now i saved Skyrim? Nothing really happened, the guards have a bit different dialogue. Very unimpressive. I was picturing some kind of epic climactic battle at the throat of the world, maybe some cities being torched by Alduin, Dragonborn and Alduin clashing in a legendary battle. But it was more like: Ok you go into this instance and you give Alduin a light tap, and now you can go back to doing theives guild quests or just exploring Skyrim some more.

>most overrated game ever
>not Souls, Undertale, or Ocarina of Time

this

try modding Witcher 3 to fix its shitty combat lmao

"My modded game that is pretty much completely different in every way to the regular game makes the regular game good!"

Kill yourself.

The game should be good enough to stand on its own, without the help of mods (or with the help of little modding). The game shouldn't be a steaming pile of shit, which you yourself have to make better/good by modding it into something actually playable or worthwhile.

If skyrim had never of had mods would it of been successful?

Honestly i agree with you but i used mods to fix all those things you mentioned. The main issue with the economy is that Septims (the gold coins) are too abundant, easy to get, and ultimately useless. There's a mod that fixes that. All you gotta watch out for is mod conflicts, some mods don't work well with others. But it's not for everyone, you gotta read up a lot on which mods to get, most people just wanna plug&play, and i get that. Vanilla Skyrim is very lacking.

That's not Witcher 3

And I say this as a huge Witcher fan, have the book stoo

at what point is it more mod than game?

>there once was a pile of shit over there
>then a janitor picked up the majority of shit whilst another disinfected the area
>then a group of cake artisans made the best tasting cake ever on that spot
>so you could say that that pile of shit just needed improving

yes, it sold tons on consoles and those guys have no mods

Yes, it was really successful on consoles as well.

>get told Skyrim with mods is good
>spend hours installing 200 mods to make the game unrecognizable
>play game
>visit a few locations to see how things changed
>that's cool I guess
>get bored and uninstall after 15 minutes

It was successful on launch, so yes.

Well yes without Skyrim there wouldn't be modded Skyrim. Millions of people enjoy CS:GO but never heard of HLDM for example.Yet without Half Life, there wouldn't be Counter Strike.

So you're basically agreeing that it is shit. Got it.

i know the game is such shit, right? even though it has been the best selling game since mario franchise and all the hate from skyrim is genuine and certainly not low level sony opinions and marketing

i mean playing that massive handcrafted world for the first time did not offer 10/10 exploration and 10/10 gameplay.
and for some reason i have more hours in skyrim than all 4 souls games combined. can someone explain this? do i need to "git gud"?

is souls really a better game just because the combat is better?
but souls gameplay is still mediocre tho

help me decide, i really cant think for myself please

>would it of
Fucking what

And? Does this make me wrong in some way?

I liked the game when you weren't "the Chosen One". It seems that in the early game when i was weak and just wandering the wilds and exploring it was fun, but in the lategame when i was absurdly strong from smithed + enchanted gear and everyone was miring me for being Dragonborn, it wasn't as fun any more. Maybe i'll install some kind of survival or roleplay mod and do another run.

Ok. But that's the problem. Modded Skyrim is good (heavily modded that is, into something that isn't Skyrim). Skyrim isn't good. At all. Nothing about it is good. It's enjoyable for 5-10hrs, before you have seen everything the game has to offer and you realize you're just going to be repeating the same shit over and over for the next N hours that you'll play the game.

It's a bad fucking game. Why it gets any kind of pass because of the modding is beyond me. Modded Skyrim isn't an inherently good thing. You should need to change a game completely for it to become enjoyable/playable.

Think of something like.. Halo. Or WoW. Or Zelda. Or any other number of good games (not to say Halo, WoW, Zelda are all good, it's subjective, and I just used them for examples). The games themselves stand up on their own. You can play them and enjoy them and never look back or change them and they'll still be fun. But you literally NEED to change Skyrim because of how shit it is. You HAVE to mod to make it good, the base game is complete fucking garbage.

That's why I kinda liked Oblivion. You were just some jackass who happened to join the Emperor during his prison escape, while Sean Bean was the real hero/champion/avatar of Akatosh whatever.

Suppose that is a redeeming quality actually.
Skyrim is so bland, boring, and uninteresting it actually makes the perfect ground to work from. It is trash, but large audiences love bowls of lukewarm water so it sells. Where mods are available people will build on it and make something decent.

MY OPINION IS FACT!

I don't think the base game is garbage. I think it's good, the world and the creatures, a lot of the quests, equipment and spells and weapons are cool. Mods just add more of that, or polish what's already there, making the game even better. It's like Skyrim is a piece of toast. Eating a dry piece of toast isn't very tasty. But if you roast it and put some condiments on the toast then it turns into a yummy sandwich. Ok that sounded gay as fuck but i think it's a good comparison.

Why leave it up to the players to add their own condiments? Why not just make the game good/more polished/etc in the first place? Especially considering that they're a multimillion dollar company. A company shouldn't shit out a bland ass, semi-worthless, run of the mill, piece of toast. They should release their own special and unique sandwich, with customers who can mod in their own sides to compliment it even more. Not two pieces of shit bread on a plate and the waiter says "well, there you go, make of it what you will".

Read above. The game should be good outright. Not needed to be modded to become less dull and gray. Should be colorful already, with more contribution from the community to make it even more distinct.

In addition, why waste so much fucking time modding some shit game when you can just play different, already better games?

I don't really agree... When i go to the store i buy bread and condiments separately and make the sandwich i like. I don't purchase pre-made sandwiches. I got Skyrim, and then i got the mods that i liked. I loved Half Life because i would go online and download the mods that i wanted. So it's a good thing. The blandness of Skyrim just makes me like it more.

Wot, you carn't speak propa like wot i do?

Its less for buying the game, more buying the mods with bethesda games.

Its a bit like having an assortment of ingredients instead. By itself its not that great, you can eat sliced meat and tomoatoes all you want but it isn't great. But then someone comes along, or you take the initiative to put these bits together in to something good.

But HL1 wasn't a bland game. It was entertaining! Shooting aliens, had a cool/interesting story with new elements not seen everywhere else. Had fun gameplay and some puzzles and such. The mods made it better.

In the sandwich analogy buying all the separate components to build into a sandwich would be like making your own game (or mod) into something made just for you to enjoy. Going out to buy HL1 is like buying a good value hoagie. It's fairly priced, has good content, tastes good, and you add compliments to it buy adding chips or a pickle or something (aka mods). Buying skyrim is like buying one of those plastic package gas station "sandwiches" which is like 2 pieces of 1mm thick "bread" with .5 mm thick slices of "ham" and "cheese". Where you have to add chips, a drink, some other snack, etc (again, mods) to have an resemblance of a good thing; where it's so far removed from itself that the original thing was just a piece of shit in the first place.

Every TES is a success, cry more nigga.

And when TES 6 Valenwood hit us, it will be a massive selling game too.

Success doesn't mean good.
You can please more people with a glass of tap water than you can with a crown roast.

And ultimately the crown roast is better, but meant for the people who will like it. However the water anyone will drink but not feel much towards unless they were particularly thirsty.

I really don't have the time to read such large autistic posts.

Skyrim thread? Post screenshots.

>only two types of ranged weaponry
three types. bows, magic, and shouts
>"parrying" is just a damage reduction buff and not actual parrying.
if you parry a hit it leaves your foe reeling and open to a counterattack

rest of your points stand

Dont think of it as a game
Think of it as a folder for mods
Because thats what it is
Bethesda could have sold an empty game with the mod tool and the game would still be as popular as today

CDPR are based gods. How they managed to create this masterpiece?

>Fantastic Graphics
>Fantastic Soundtrack
>Fantastic animations/cutscenes
>Fantastic game optimization
>Story-rich, deep, interesting main story/plot
>Interesting characters
>Very-detailed and varied side-quests with tons of choices between them
>Rpg-elements and consequences to player's actions
>Best, detailed open-world design and scale ever made
>Tons of humor and emotions in story
>120+ hrs of quality content
>16 FREE DLCs. I REPEAT 16 FREE DLCs. Looking at you EA, Ubishit and Shitthesda
>Two 10-20$ expansions packs with more quality content than full 60$ games
>Continuous support through patches and bug fixes
>Devs listening to player feedback
>GWENT!

Holy shit, if they had priced this game 120$ I would have still bought it. Devs like this are the reason I still love gaming.

Cool story

this desu

Fuck that. Success is objectively good. There's only two objective facts when it comes to determining good. Financial and critical reception. If both are good, then it's a good, backed up by cold hard numbers..

gwent is shit

>Fantastic Graphics
>Fantastic Soundtrack
>Fantastic animations/cutscenes
>Story-rich, deep, interesting main story/plot
>Interesting characters
where's the videogames?

witcher 3 should have just been a movie and it'd have been significantly less boring

>Brink
I hurt myself today

>all professional reviews are wrong! My opinion is more valuable!

Are you defending both gaming "reviews" and Skyrim? Fuck off

Kingdmos of Amalur is a mediocre game
Kingdoms of Amalur does everything Skyrim does, but better

Of course, but it would age early and be forgotten after a year or two.

But user, the fact that mods are needed to fix these things is an admission that OP is right.

>30k people still playing it
Your opinion doesn't matter faggot.

Popularity is not the same as quality, user.

>HL1 wasn't a bad game, it was entertaining! Skyrim on the other hand...
That's like your opinion, man. I get it, you don't like Skyrim. I could as well say HL1 is shitty because "muh shooting aliens" gets boring after a while. Everyone has their own taste.
I'm not the user you were discussing earlier, but I admit: Skyrim is bad, just because it didn't age well. I can be laughed upon for these words, but Skyrim is more of a sandbox than an RPG. After five years, I simply cannot play it without mods. They are a salvaging factor for this game, no food analogy memes needed. The love of the community might be a reason we're getting the Enhanced Edition soon.

TL;DR Skyrim WAS a good game. Mods keep it alive and it's good.

>video game journalists
>professional
maximus keksimus
the only thing they do professional is getting money for spewing uneducated opinions

best elder scrolls so far and the best game of 2010's

certainly the best open world game ever

stay mad