Civilization VI

Can we take a minute and appreciate the effort that's been put into the development of Civ VI?

youtu.be/sFlxSgOEZrk

Other urls found in this thread:

well-of-souls.com/civ/civ6_overview.html
youtube.com/watch?v=qfv9rDiErmc
youtube.com/watch?v=5Uf81Ikqnrw
youtube.com/watch?v=E4vlAsnvinA
youtube.com/watch?v=MPe5an9VltI
youtube.com/watch?v=3I15_KUsOzs
youtube.com/watch?v=OVvRUxP59XE
youtube.com/watch?v=hMR-Zox9iEE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_distance
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

looks pretty similar to civ 5 though

that couldn't be farther from the truth.

They had that in Civ IV too and it fits better thematically than V. On some level I'll miss the grandiose music that plays from the get-go in V, especially the Russian and Byzantine themes juxtaposed against a very basic start.

what's so different gameplay wise though

>he didn't watch the dev demonstrations

>playing different sound files in different eras
>effort
I mean it's nice but it doesn't seem like an interesting feat of effort like most "technologies". The video also didn't really need this guy marveling over it, just play the themes.

supposedly part of the agreement is not just showing shit, they have to talk shit too

that shit's pretty neat actually

no retard, the effort is that every civilization has its own theme song, and each theme song has different versions based on the era.

>brought back era music like from civ 4

Neat

So you don't know?

:>

no, I'm not gonna spoon feed you

because you know I'm right

no, because I hate people who shit on something they don't know nothing about and only AFTER they get called on their bullshit, they demand to be spoon fed

But you didn't call me out on anything, it went more like this

>Does't look like anything's changed

>Uh, everything changed

>Oh okay, then what changed?

>everything! but I cannot present any evidence for it is forbidden to those who watch le videos that I regret sitting through!

Why don't you go to Oxford and present a math theorem. When they ask how you did it, just tell them to "go look at your math textbooks. I'm not gonna figure it out for you lmfao"

If you want to prove someone wrong why don't you come with some evidence you twat

I have a few problems with Civ 6 from watching stream so far (insta-razed cities, no city renaming, autocycling, AI still being dumb in some situations), but they are all relatively easy fixes

overall it looks pretty sweet, and they actually built on the best parts of Civ 5

you sound like a retard

>don't look up the game
>pull out of your ass that it's the same as the last (when in fact, it's not)

but we looked at the video in OP and it looks almost identical apart from some graphical upgrades

there's a zillion videos and info compendiums for you to look at now, jesus christ

here, a start: well-of-souls.com/civ/civ6_overview.html

>no diplomatic victory

It still doesn't look like there are some major gameplay changes. I mean yeah, you got stuff like random war penalties but it still looks like civ 5. It seems like they are just pushing a big patch to civ 5, adding some pretty graphics, and calling it a new $60 games.

You're either trolling, or are fucking retarded.

Artstyle sucks dick

That's what BE was. What of this isn't major? Hell, unstacking alone is a massive shift already

>science victory is some martian colony shit instead of going to Alpha Centauri
dropped

>insta-razed cities
Seriously? That's completely retarded if true.

Not like anyone played with them in 5.

It might just be under a certain population, because all I've seen is low-pop cities getting razed. But yes, yes it is, either way.

wait what? WHY

Like what I've seen so far.

I hope they don't fuck up with the optimization like XCOM2 again.

This is the exact same type of advertising shit they did for Civ V, and anyone that remembers Civ V launch will remember how completely shit and unplayable it was.

That's my only concern.

If it doesn't run on my toaster i'm gonna be fucking mad.

Where the hell did happiness go? Is it removed completely? Is it city-based now?

I miss Gustavus Adolphus/Erik XIV.

Reminder that V didn't run properly, required high specs to run, looked like shit, and save files became infinitely large causing your computer to crash after saving and loading a few times.

yes it's city based

global happiness is gone

(that's a good thing by the way)

damn this guy sounds so gay and cringy

music isnt anywhere near as good as they made it out to be either

>Made the game even more dumbed downed
>effort

how on earth is it dumbed down?

So is there no War version of each civ's theme like in V?

Well fucking finally
Global happiness was pure cancer that actively punished you for playing a wide game

>make video about music
>talk through most of it

fuck you

>dumbed downed

you're pretty dumbed downed

anything on gilgamesh?

hes the only thing im excited for

He's not in the preview build.

Civ IV was the pinnacle of the series. Every new release we lose more and more content.

>English theme is Scarborough fair
>Vic is actually pretty cute
>tfw

>tfw no Persia yet

Civ 6 already has objectively more real choices to make than Civ 5

you're full of shit

VI is at the very worst, just as dumbed down as V.

How can you say that when there is no diplomatic victory?

>American theme is Hardcrackers/Goober Peas
Lel, literally a meme tier song from the Civil War era intended as a joke about how shitty a soldier's food was.

you mean diplomatic victory, by far the least interactive victory in the game so much that it's almost passive, which got replaced by a religious victory that actually requires strategy?

i think i'm fine, thanks

It totally is the same as CIV 5 tho.

>0 waifus
Looks like im pirating this one.

I hope they did enough to make the game different each time you play it. It gets boring hitting the same notes every single time. They better of fixed knowing if the map is worth playing just from looking at whats around your capital too. Its annoying being able to gauge just how much I'm going to crush my opponents in the first few seconds.

>insta-razed cities
Fucking bullshit. Completely dropped if true. Its WAY to easy to snipe cities as is.

You are delusional.

>It's a Civ IV fag episode
KeK

See Vicky was a qt and she is my long standing historical waifu.

the penalties are a lot worse now.

Why'd they give Trajan such a narrow face when he looks like a moonfaced motherfucker?

My first civ game was 4. 5 was awful. I REALLY REALLY TRIED to like BE and Rising tide. But they all pale to civ4 BTS.

90% of my victories in Civ V were diplomatic. Since you had to take over the city states anyway to control congress. And you could get World Leader in the Atomic age, well before any other victory type (except domination, which took far too much effort).

Because they took Julius Caesar from Asterix and called it a day.

>Reminder that V didn't run properly, required high specs to run, looked like shit, and save files became infinitely large causing your computer to crash after saving and loading a few times.
What the hell were you trying to play on? I played Civ V on a 10 year old Quad Core 6600 and it still worked fine.

At launch it had severe slowdown issues as the game progressed. I think they were patched out before the first expansion, but they were there.

if you go to their forum and complain (and back up your complaint) they will change it. like they did with roosevelt

>Russian and Byzantine themes
My nigga. England war theme is pretty cool too.

why didn't they actually make it caesar then, fuck

seriously, caesar actually had a long thin face like that

>penalties
Yeah those "penalties" really mean a lot to a warmongering civ. I know if 5 I never even cared. They never impacted me at all. I razed what I wanted when I wanted.

Who cares about diplomacy? The AI plays to win and will throw everything out the window the second you sneeze to close to a victory condition. Its Civ's worst weakness. If the AI actually played like the leader of a nation and tried its best to survive and not care about wining then maybe I would care. As is every AI controlled Civ is basically the same opponent as the game can and will use all of them together to try to make you lose once your to close to winning.

I like his original look better.

> If the AI actually played like the leader of a nation and tried its best to survive and not care about wining then maybe I would care

that's kind of how it works in Civ 6 though, hence the specific agendas (which you will be dealing with a lot)

That cant be confirmed until the game is out. They could do the same thing as in 5 where they will all backstab you without fail once you are anywhere near a victory. Sure their agendas may matter in the lead up but in the end they may get thrown out and the AI will take full control and move all the AI's together to beat you.

Its always fucking annoying to watch all the AI civs peace out and then all war and denounce me just because I start building a space ship.

>dat ancient America theme music

Max comf

I didn't play it right at launch but I played Vanilla, well before Gods and Kings came out. I saw no slowdown. On the contrary, with all the free golden ages and gold on rivers, I was warping through games before the end game even happened.

With the expansions, turns did start to take a long time.

>that ancient era america theme

characters have too much animation to be honest

Civ IV had that actually.

choke on nigger cock faggot

>modern era Murica
DAMN SON

>she sees your dick

I'm too old for this board...

I guarantee you weren't playing it at launch. The save file problem was for everyone, it was well known and made it unplayable if you had autosave enabled. There were well known cases of 100+gb save files for fuck sake.
I'm not arguing that it was probably fixed before the first expansion, but it sure as fuck wasn't fixed in the first month, and for an actual fan of the series that pre-ordered it the games launch quality was a fucking slap in the face.

>Clash of Civilizations
>Effort

Yeah, no thanks.

Let's hope they don't do any themes like this
youtube.com/watch?v=qfv9rDiErmc

youtube.com/watch?v=5Uf81Ikqnrw

Based war theme, all hail captain funny shorts !

youtube.com/watch?v=E4vlAsnvinA

It's so over the top, I love it.

What we've seen of Civ IV makes me so conflicted.

If only the leader designs didn't look like Pixar vomit and there wasn't obvious gender politics bullshit influencing leader choices.

There's definitely some condition since I've seen a "Keep city?" button after someone captured one

How can you take seriously someone with a war theme you want to danse Samba on ?

Maybe the file still exists and modders can use it for Taft.

>79.99

Nope, never going to buy that unless it's at least 50% off.

yeah but amerifats were triggered and went crying, demanding that they change it

yep, gonna pirate it, then buy it when it's on sale.

If it's a good game

>3 weeks to release

I'm personally partial to Catherine's theme. Really has a vibe that says somebody is gonna get fucked up and it won't be pretty.

Its $60. And if you wait 4 years, It'll be reduced to the $5 you steam babies want.

Man how many times has this been posted since he was revealed

Lots of work went into this game

Look at this great well researched and appropriate quote

>corporate meeting
>publisher to devs: "we need more WOMYN stuff"
>dev: but it doesn't make sense
>publisher: "we have hired this womyn here to help you with it, and you are to do as she says"
>womyn: "ok, so mining is a male dominated field, which is fine, because womyn lives matter, so here, use this quote instead"
>devs: *hangs self*

The music in all civs is boring as hell, except for Baba Yetu of course.

If I'm gonna be playing a match for dozens of hours they can't expect me to listen to that repetitive motif for that long.

I'm pretty hyped

>sperging out after civ4 had communism as the de facto best civic, and a "communism is great" quote.

Daily reminder that civ2: CTP is THE BEST civ game except for Alpha Centauri

>No bonus for not having a religion at all in your civ.
How am i supposed to roleplay as a fedora lord like this?

>He didn't like diplomatic victory
I'm interested in Civ VI, but let's not try to defend every decision they've made so far

>The music in all civs is boring as hell
kill yourself :D

>60

nah, 80.

>canadian
That's your problem. Not the game. It'll be $100+ in AUS.

If you're picking communism, shouldn't the quote be positive? Isn't it kind of expected? Same with fascism, democracy, etc.

supposedly they're not allowed to

diplomatic victory is shit though

In my opinion III had the best theme in it.
youtube.com/watch?v=MPe5an9VltI

Although I think I'm gonna wait on VI. V had a pretty shit launch and I want to see if the new one has the same issue.

Read Diplomatic victory is the fastest and easiest victory type. They needed to tweak it, but not remove it entirely. And you could tweak it as simple as making it a proposal you have to put up on the world congress, instead of it automatically coming up every 20 turns.

Diplomatic Victory could've been really cool, instead it wasn't diplomatic whatsoever, it was just paying off city states and voting yourself into World Leader.

It really should've just been called Economic Victory.

Where's Russia

The amount of cretins playing Civ these days is astounding.

Not in the preview build.

If that's the case, then they should re-work at a new diplomatic victory. Not saying V's was perfect, but at least it was something.

Say what you will, but I found the wc to be one of the funnest parts of the late game, even without going for diplomatic victory

We all are, user. We all are.

Why are the alt right such ignorant pussies?

youtube.com/watch?v=3I15_KUsOzs

Have you finished high school? Do you know economics?

This one's a nice listen.

youtube.com/watch?v=OVvRUxP59XE

>Watched streams for Civ VI
>It's a lot better than Civ V
>Took everything good about CIV 5 + expansions, Beyond Earth + Expansion and Endless Legends' district building and made them better
What the hell happened.

It'd still be shit and very non-interactive, and impossible in multiplayer

It was by far the worst victory and deserved to be removed

Civ II was my first game. 5 is objectively the best (with all the DLC).

Sid shat the bed like three times in a row, so he let someone else fix the situation.

Directed by Ed Beech, the guy behind the Civ V DLC.

I'm so hyped for this game, desu.

>he thinks Sid Meier made Civ V
Three different teams worked on Civ V. One for each expansion.

The team that refined Civ V and made it good was the Brave New World team. They are making Civ VI. And they used all the concepts they had for Brave New World and expanded on it.

They basically took the good final version of Civ V and added a crap ton to it.

You know, I was shitting on the artstyle a lot. I fucking hated it.

Seeing it in motion though. I'm actually starting to change my mind. Am I going insane?

No. You just realized what they were going for.

lol no

Just cause it was too easy doesn't mean they get a free ticket to be lazy about it and not try to re-work it

It's more realistic, it didn't take armies years or decades to raze a city.

Also it comes with a triple warmonger penalty so it's balanced.

Was fucking annoying you couldn't raze city states or capitols in 5.

That image is retarded.

>Civ Vi have Beyond Earth's overpowered as fuck espionnage
Oh yeah

are you implying that matters?

I'm never going to fucking buy a video game for 80 fucking dollars, canadian or not, it's fucking retarded.

so many fucking memories with this music

I would watch my dad play Civ III all the fucking time and this was my absolute favorite song in the game

mah nigga
When it came on one time when playing as Brazil for the first time I decided to be at war for the rest of the game to keep hearing that music

>Insta razed cities

Jesus Christ, This along with all the ways to negate warmonger penalties dominationfags are going to have a field day. They were doing so well when they removed city state funneling but then they did this

I doubt. Espionage was OP in BE because of the setting. The premise was that espionage is a larger part of human conflict than currently is or was.

Of course that it matters. Your currency is not worth the same as USD. You're not entitled to a discount because your country's monetary policies cannot keep up with today's dynamic world.

And why the fuck not?

My minimum wage is equal to that of many states, so why should it cost so much more for me?

You are so stupid it's making my head hurt

I am watching a stream right now and it,s exactly the same kind of espionnage.

>fucking Brazil
>no celts

pretty harsh

>Brazil
>civilization

You can steal 1000's of gold, conquer cities, and set off dirty bombs?

>Leave city unprotected in Civ IV
>It gets captured

>Leave city unprotected in Civ V
>Attackers have to whittle down a magic shield before they can take it

they weren't remotely lazy about it - they added a completely new victory type in its place

i'm sure we'll see an economic victory type back later, or something, but for now the victories in civ 6 look much better than in civ 5

I mean its barely even a culture.

Pandering for huehuebucks

The joke is that the Celts are a civilization. That's funny.

They should have called it The Spy Game.

I liked that mechanic. The idea is that there are always troops garrisoned in the city even when no armies are present. Like there should be.

>Attackers have to whittle down a magic shield before they can take it

I wasn't aware that fortifications are a magic shield.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh with calling it lazy. I'm actually looking forward to it.

I just feel as though there could have been at least something resembling a wc, especially after pretty much everything in CV+expansions seems present. It's probably going to be in an expansion, I know.

Hell, I'll take the wc even without a diplomatic victory.

If that's what it is then there should be some AOE3 mechanics where you can deploy shitty Minutemen soldiers that can only fight within borders or something

The "shield" appears before you build walls

You must be 18 years or older to browse Cred Forums.

Civ 2 has best espionage

Citizens and militiamen are not allowed their cities when there's no walls?

Quick, list the differences between Civ 5 and 6

I still hate what they did with the leaders.

It's people like you that ensure that well never get a Canadian Civ

Canada should never be a Civ.

There are far better choices.

t.Canuck

Get a better job than WcDonalds. Or stop voting for such shitty progressive leaders who tax foreign imports to death.

I mean honestly- who the fuck would even be the leader, cause Trudeau Sr. was way too recent and all our other PMs were shit tier.

>that horrible left arm mesh

William Lyon Mackenzie King and his dog

They should have used the Asterix design for Cleopatra as well.

The nose is sexy.

>talks shit about things he knows nothing about
How about you actually read about Teddy, Europoor.

FUCK YOU THE NOSE IS DISGUSTING!

It's the greatest nose of the classical age

>Cleopatra will never eat you out while thumbing your clit with her nostrils
WEL?

All the historical figures in there are supposed to be caricatures and that's just how a proper US caricature looks like.

Or do you believe all Russians drink vodka, wear Adidas shirts and squat on streets all day?
Americans are fat blobs, it's a constant of the universe.
>But Roosevelt was...
Just look at !Caesar that is Trajan.

What's the big deal? Hasn't this been the case for since at least Civ IV?

At least in Civ V I remember music changing with time.

They are caricatures of themselves, not their nations at large, dumbass. Trajan was not some amalgamation of Roman traits.

You inserting this ridiculous line of reasoning into the developers mouths to justify your ridiculous comment.

I will withold all comments on the developers quality of developments until I see the goddamn load times for Civ VI

Seriously, I think I wasted 2 whole turns every time I boot up.

>Sure their agendas may matter in the lead up but in the end they may get thrown out and the AI will take full control and move all the AI's together to beat you.

Lel, I just watched a Civ VI playthrough where every close Civ settled right outside the player's capital and declared war at once.

>he doesn't know about Cleopatras nose

I'm an American and I thought fat Teddy was funny. Because he really was fat. If anything, it was the 'I know everything about American history' European idiots who were complaining.

>Because he really was fat
No, he wasn't. The man was pure muscle.

It's by far the easiest victory type in the game

>Districts?

Are they copying the Endless series now?

Because if so I'll just keep on playing Endless legends.

>that ancient america theme
USA
USA
USA

>they have the same name so it's totally same thing guys
Keep on playing Endless Legend my man. You know what they say, there is no cure for shit taste.

bunch of people have been given the game already, hardly unplayable

this.
teddy's bio is interesting as fuck.

>pure muscle
When he was 25 and fighting Mexicans and Indians while simultaneously hunting lions in Africa, yes. Now when he was President.

Red Dead Roosevelt when?

I'm pretty glad they brought back evolving music like what was in civ 4

no there still is

I feel like playing one last big game of V before VI but I have no idea who I should I play as

EL is good though

Which is why I'm glad Civ 6 is taking some of its better ideas

>tfw I already got it at a 50% discount

Go for culture/domination/religion victory as Morocco/Arabia/Ottomans, roleplay the end of civilisation.

play as Comfy Persia. Objectively the best Civ ever.
>long comfy golden age
>everyone getting rekt by immortals early on
>huge cultural output later ingame

>End of civilization
>Not playing Maya

>No Austria

consider me triggered

sumer saves the day

Thanks for triggering me again about no Persia on VI release.

>No Sweden

consider me triggered

kongo saves the day

I too am triggered to no end by the lack of Persia. they better fucking add them as DLC

>sweden
>civilization
who cares about barbaric rapists and pillagers?

lol'd

but really - why kongo? who is that stupid golden AKM toting nigga who is leading them anyway?

I'm a little peeved that there's no smug Ottoman sultan this time around.

Leader (Stefan Löfven) ability: Sweden belongs to the migrants - not the swedes:
Cities have no city attack, military units have increased production and maintaince cost.

Alternate leader (Mona Sahlin) ability: Midsummer's eve and such silly things:
Lose 1 random social policy when a swedish city is converted to a foreign religion. Culture buildings have increased production and maintaince cost.

UA: Humanitarian superpower:
Each turn, part of the swedish treasury is given away to a random civ with lower score.

UU: Migrant:
Unlocks in modern era, this unique unit is produced by other civilizations, and can be sent to sweden to cause penalties to swedish gold, culture and happiness.

UB: Mosque:
Unlocks in modern era, automatically replaces the church. Migrant units may also cause random riots in the cities in which it is built.

Hitler should have nuked you kikes when he had the chance.

>this unique unit is produced by other civilizations, and can be sent to sweden to cause penalties to swedish gold, culture and happiness.

This paranoia you people have is really startling

>it's all a coincidence

The paranoia you people have is pretty startling

But can I actually build a fucking empire like civ 4 instead of being punished for being anything but a city state?

this is now a jewish conspiracy thread

>jidf bot just repeats himself
did the kikes cheap out on bot maintenance?

Just play Sumer.

Hey, look. Cred Forums trying to destroy yet another civ thread

Its pure suffering.

I don't lurk Cred Forums.
too many jew-loving newfags on there

No mate only you matter.

what he said: neo-pol = jidf

>all this wonderful new music coming

You're basically saying you're too Cred Forums for Cred Forums and this is somehow better? Fuck off, Stormnigger.

>3 weeks to release
>EL tempest won't be out for two more weeks at the very least so it can't hold me until civ 6 launches

Reminds me of a discussion I had last week with a friend of mine where he was trying to convice me I like Adolf Hitler for the wrong reasons and should like him because of other reasons.

But back to topic

I'm not sure who to play for the first game...leaning toward the science civs Arabia or China, but the Greeks look really cool too.

Neat, but I liked classical music more.

>not playing Scythia

>no city renaming

When was this said? I always play America and pretend it's the CSA. It'll be sad if glorious Richmond isn't the cultural capital of the world.

free horses is cheating

>not playing as Iranian QT
>crushing your enemies with an iron fist and majestic steeds

I wonder if any of the paranoid androids on this thread have actually met or interacted with a Jewish person before. The majority of people I've seen online who spew those memes are usually gay furries who haven't stepped outside of their own town and just like starting shit.

I have a jew friend and he's one of the nicest people I've met.

Global happiness got axed, so going wide won't ruin you in that department.

As to whether the number of cities increases culture/science costs, I don't know. I DO know that "Eureka" moments are meant to give you a tech boost when you settle next to an appropriate resource, so at least your science output won't get shafted.

District system is huge for civ planning.

>it's all just paranoia goyim!
>ignore everything the jew does against you!

I don't even care about ingame music, I always listen to my own music.

>that modern american theme

Heidelberg.

man it's almost refreshing to see some old jewhating after the weird alt-right shilling mess Cred Forums turned into lately

(((alt right))) is just controlled opposition, acting like the right is now jew loving homosexuals

I'll probably go Religion Arabia/Spain just to try out the new victory condition.

I'm struggling with this, too. Really want to finally get that Aztec science victory that I've lost out on due to Goku being a prick the first time around and needing to replace my computer the second time.

>Iranian
aren't they Eurasian?

Every time I see it.

Sorry, doesn't work.

Mosques are already a building.

oh so it's the same thing or something?

Where is the source for these articles? You can pretty much just edit anything with f12 or get these forged quotes from far-right wing biased sites, and even in the case that were true, it's about 10 people you've cherry-picked that date across 100 years, making it a small number.

Do you play HyperDimensional:Neptunia or games that are similar to it?

English and Italian are closer than Greek and Italian?

Can you sabotage reputation, to make other civs dogpile on your shitposted target?

I was thinking about playing Sumeria first but I just might go with the good US of A.

>Where is the source for these articles?
in the image you cuck. the article name, the website, the writer's name. look it up.

yes

>mfw Civ VI is just reitertion of IV

V is really backward if the SEQUEL is recycling the PREQUEL.

wait Iran is not Asian?

The change is welcome.

>cuck

Do you really think jews are against you? Have you actually met or interacted with one?

>Do you really think jews are against you? Have you actually met or interacted with one?

I'll wait a couple of years for the expansions to make the game worthwhile.

I only see the websites for one, BBC Brian Wheller

>he doesn't know the story behind those
newfag please stfu

ITT

>Ben said
STOP

ok then, clue me in on what happened? is ben real? or is he some gimmick persona?

>15 years since Civ 1
>Our space dreams are so low now we are happy with the shitty planet next door instead of start travel
Sad isn't it?

>The guy holding the picture has a big nose

At last I truly see.

Russia:
Leader - Peter the Great.
Ability: Grand Embassy. Gives science and culture from trade routes to the civilizations more advanced than Russia (+1 science for every three technologies that are not open in Russia; +1 culture point for every three social institutions that are not open in Russia)
Unique Ability: Mother Russia.Gives additional territory when the city was founded. +1 faith, +1 production in the tundra.
The unique unit - the Cossacks. Replaces the cavalry. +5 Combat power when fighting on its territory, and next to it.
The unique district. Laurus. It replaces the religious district. The city grows by one tile each time the great person used.
New Shoshone.

t.youtube.com/watch?v=hMR-Zox9iEE

You mean 25 years right?

>He isn't in the game
REEEEEEE. What the fuck were they thinking?

>Japans leader is Hojo
>ability is called Meiji restoration

No more happiness, it's been replaced by 'amenities'. It looks like a good system so far.

>Civ IV
>as good as Civ 5

I'll admit it took years and two expansions to get there, but the finished product is clearly better. And, and this is a big if, if Civ VI is as good as it looks, then it will be the best Civ to date.

I haven't seen any videos on civ 6 beyond the civ introduction videos

is there a good video or series of videos that go through all; the changes from 5 and why I should be interested?

I assumed that they were trying to mix it up and use leaders they either rarely used or new ones they haven't used at all.

The problem is that of all French leaders to pick from they went with Catherine. I wouldn't have minded if she launched alongside another more notable leader though.

I assume another leader for France is somewhere down the line.

where do native americans/spics fit into this?

They chose Catherine because they wanted an espionage leader.

yes
fuck, time flies

Don't get me wrong, she's interesting, and she looks fun to play. But I really feel they should've made her the leader that gets added down the line, rather than the launch choice.

I'm buying a physical copy of this. It's been years since I last bought a PC game, so is this one of those shit things were you have to link it to your fucking Steam account forever or what?

I really don't understand why anyone is judging the choices. They've stated their criteria and at the end of the day I appreciate learning about people I've never heard about and all that really matters is gameplay and how leaders fit into the game mechanics.

The many many people bitching "they should have chose so-and-so" come off as autistic to me.

In that case they should have picked Richelieu.

Richelieu
Henri IV
Francis I

this seems incredibly simplified

>literally hard science
>this is simplified
the actual science underneath is pretty complex, obviously the chart is made to easily visualize it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_distance

12-15

Honestly expected the future American music to be rife with electric guitars.

So was she later arrested and beaten for showing her tits in public?

No, I don't mean the genetic numbers, but the people used - afaik there's many more peoples in Africa with generally large differences in genetic makeup because man originated there, yet that chart has barely anything for Africa

>amerifags think Iran is the same as their beloved ally the Saudi Arabians

>do DNA test
>pick out the ones that are racially pure Iranians
it's not fucking hard you idiot. you can precisely find out your genetic make up for about 100 bucks

>I really don't understand why anyone is judging the choices

I assume it's more that generally, the more iconic/good leaders are chosen. If they were to pick someone like Zachary Taylor for the US, I'd be disappointed in that too.

Catherine's interesting, but I wouldn't put her on the same tier as some of France's other leaders.

Fuck off reddit

what has that to do with my post?

that is neato.

> the people used
that chart is not about the differences between people in country x and y, it's about the difference between the DNA of (pure) race X and race Y

oh, sorry, i meant people as in peoples, races picked there, not the individuals, should've worded that better

I know, I was like 8 when I first played it
I'm over 30 now

So long as they aren't bad or completely uninteresting I don't see the problem. It's not like we are talking about the US getting that one president who gave the longest inauguration speech in US history, got sick, and died.

Again, like I said, I don't mind her personally. But I do get why others don't liker her as much. Still, doesn't bother me.

The only truly awful choice on the roster seems to be Gorgo imo

I don't even know who that is and I look forward to learning about them when they are officially revealed.

Oy vey

Literally just Leonidas's wife.

Well you've got memes to blame for that one.

At least Gorgo is a option, you could always just use Pericles.

Honest question from someone browsing since 2006 who just went through Cred Forums to see whats happening:

Are you literally incapable of realizing that this is a viral thread and most likely paid for?

i choose to judge a thread by its content, rather than its creator

Do frogs literally have no other notable leader in their entire history?

bumping

Nice.
Scarborough fair at the end.

go fuck yourself, I made the thread you piece of shit

>autistic retard who wasted his live on Cred Forums since 2006
>oh no, a thread that is positive for once on Cred Forums
>must be marketing
you find it THAT hard to believe that at least 1 person browsing Cred Forums likes the game?

MUH DEATH STACKS

MISTER BOND

Nigger teddy was the most /fit/ president we ever had, and when he was done he went back to killing things in Africa and the amazon.

>>Japans leader is Hojo

why

And? I want to discuss thread. Who made the thread is irrelevant.

>hey guys from the vidya board, look at this cool thing in a vidyagaem
>viral thread

>Diplomatic victory is the fastest and easiest victory type
I'm really racking my brain here trying to comprehend why you find that synonymous with good.

>why are mirrored SJW stupid

Does anybody have the pic with all the Civ VI leaders ?

>Civilization special abilities cover more than one era
No way.

What I'm more confused about, is what if they added Meiji down the line. Would they just re-name the ability?

Here

Meiji Restoration is the special ability of Japan
Togo special ability is Divine Wind
Is like how America has Founding Fathers as special ability but the leader is Teddy

>pretends to be disgusted
>looks back because she cant get enough

I don't have it on me, but there's an updated version of that pic that changes the two unknowns to Harald and Gorgo

Religious victory makes more sense than diplomatic.

In Civ V, culture, science, and war all intersected quite well. If you were trying for a culture victory, it made sense to use war to take out the culturally high opponents. If you were high in science or culture, it made war easier. And science victory is the out for standstills in war.

Diplomatic was always just kinda there. Never liked it. Make tons of gold>buy city-states>win. Boring. It also doesn't intersect at all with tourism aside from like two world congress policies (one was religious based also). Spending money on CS's meant less money for units. And there was very little benefit to the world congress anyway unless you got world religion or ideology pushed through.

Religion ties into the other victories better than gold and diplomacy, and now diplomacy is just a means to uncover information to avoid wars or fight wars better. It's a smart change.

Does she take her clothes off

dude she's 16

Oh.

I'm Muslim it's legal where I am.
Post more.

not in iran, they'll hang you. maybe if you're an arab, or from spain where 13 is legal or from japan where 12 is legal, of germany where 14 is legal

>that ancient america theme

I'm glad that you can build 3 buildings per district and not just 1. 1 would make it unbearable.

this game is shit fuck you Cred Forums

this game is shit

Iranians are generally Persian

fuck this game

Because he was one of the most famous Japanese leaders in Japan

Does the AI still cheat or does it have any semblance of intelligence

It doesn't seem to cheat no, and I don't think anyone so far has played long enough into the game to see how they act in endgame.

I never understood why Diplomatic victory works. Diplomacy generally doesn't cause "victory" persay, diplomacy is there to improve relations and keep things from going to hell.

You're not answering the question.

>tfw I've fapped to so many high school anime girls this didn't even phase me
wew

I mean the shit like the difficulty setting .ini that gives them blatant advantages to the point of ignoring features and starting an entire era beyond you

For those that are wondering, unit stacking in 6 is that you can stack a certain number of units onto a tile, and it essentially makes a unit stronger.

1 Warrior on a hex is called like a squad of warriors or something and has no stars attached to their icon. Slap another one in and it becomes a unit with a star next to its icon, another and it's a platoon, then a division. Those aren't the names but what I'm saying is you can have 3 stars on a unit. All I know is that 3 stars for ships is called an armada.

You can also do combined arms and put melee units with ranged, and siege units HAVE to be combined because in this they're just machinery until you attach operators to them. On the plus side siege weapons can actually defend themselves as a result now.

That;s what I mean, they don't seem to have artificially inflated happiness or anything, but the build out right now I think only goes up to Warlord in difficulty, where AI bonus weren't apparent in 5.

reported

I kinda agree with TB's initial thoughts video that someone linked. The changes Civ VI has made to the civ formula are so drastic that it may be the first civ game since III that is actually worth playing vanilla and not just waiting for the expansions. Both IV and V suffered from a "one step forward, two steps back" in regards to their base game vs the previous base game + expansions. Now I don't agree with him on his statement of "VI doesn't really need expansions, just add more leaders over time" because expansions generally bring giant rebalancing, fixing the problems of the base game, and adding new features. But I do think that I will actually play VI without getting bored before an expansion comes out.

that's fine in most countries and US States

>"Well we had a really long talk about [the Mongols] and whether we should include them in this installment of the series. Eventually we started asking ourselves if it was just time to move in different direction completely and if maybe we could find a less 'controversial' alternative. The Mongols were known for committing mass rape and murder and just kind of being jerks {laughs}, and how would people feel if we included someone like Hitler in the game? We still wanted to have a nomadic horse people from the steppe though, and eventually someone suggested the Scythians led by Queen Tomarys, who most people never even heard about. I remember we were doing our research on her and Steven literally asked me "How have I never heard of this woman?" So yes, that really fit into the vision we wanted to have of showing off lesser known but still larger-than-life personalities. It was like the stars aligned, basically. Of course Genghis Khan can still show up as a great general, but I'll probably delete him if I ever get him." {laughs}"

>literally every google search of this links to either Cred Forums posts, reddit posts, or gamefaqs posts, and never giving the source

No it doesn't.

It's everything google is giving me.

good, mongols are shit tier savages

if you want savage rapists, then just add the vikings

Look again.

Does anyone have a link to the main theme for Civilization VI? Every time I hear that catchy tune I just want to put it on repeat... Until someone starts talking over it or the audio switches to ambient.

The video that people say it's in, it's not in. So where is it?

I'm not here to spoonfeed you user.

No you're just here to shitpost, without even showing off your official shitposting pass.

>remove mongols
>increase breast size
Sure, Cred Forums

>age of consent
>9