You have 10 seconds to explain why you aren't playing SFV right now

You have 10 seconds to explain why you aren't playing SFV right now.

Happy Birthday edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dPuyagq27hs
twitch
sirlingames.squarespace.com/blog/2006/12/25/sirlins-2006-game-awards.html
gamasutra.com/view/news/261698/7_combat_systems_that_every_game_designer_should_study.php
gatheryourparty.com/2014/12/08/mechanic-engineering-parryings-influence/
youtu.be/FSWlE3HJoDg
steamcommunity.com/games/310950/announcements/detail/834680518441056080?l=english
eventhubs.com/tiers/sf3-3s/
wikiwiki.jp/3rd/?�����䥰���
capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html
steamcommunity.com/games/310950/announcements/detail/832427843307776226
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because it's not very good and there are better fighting games on the market right now and even if there weren't fightcade exists so there is no reason to play a sub par fighting game

Because it's not fast enough.

Anyone up for an EU lobby?

I just stopped.
Grinded my ass through story mode expert to get FM for that Urien skin.

SFV has too much single player content.

Because I dropped it after the rootkit debacle.

CAPCOM LITERALLY INSTALLED A ROOTKIT ON YOUR FUCKING SYSTEM
FUCK YOU
FUCK CAPCOM
FUCK EVERY DRONE DEFENDING THIS GIANT PILE OF GARBAGE
AND FUCK YOU SHILLS

They rolled that back a day after release

For the same reason I don't play any other fighting game.

>Flying kick: input ← ← ← → ↑ ↓ ↔ ↕ ↖ ↗ ↘ ↙ ← → ↑ ↓ ↔ ↕ ↖ ↗ ↘ ↙⟵ ← → ↑ ↓ ↔ ↕ ← → ↑ ↓ ↔ ↕ ↖ ↗ ↘ ↙ ↚ ↛ ↮ ⟵ ⟶ ⟷ ↖ ↗ ↘ ↙ ⟵ ⟶ ⟷ ⟶ ⟷ ⟵ ⟶ ⟷ → ↑ ↓ ↔ ↕ ↖ ↗ ↘ ↙ ⟵ ⟶ ⟷ → ↑ ↓ ↔ ↕ ↖ ↗ ↘ ↙ ⟵ ⟶ ⟷ SP SK WP WK MP MK WK MP MK WP WK SP SK WP WK MP MK WK MP MK WP WK MP SK WP WK MP MK MP SK WP WK MP MP SK WP WK MP MK MP SK WP WK MP

You have 1 virus scan to explain why you are playing SFV

youtube.com/watch?v=dPuyagq27hs
There are dogs that are better at videogames than you are.

Don't like fighting games

Because it's shit and I uninstalled it.

still don't make it ok that took it away because that got found out fuck them

Because it's pretty stale and monotone because of the lack of options/execution.

I'm too poor for a PS4 or good PC.

>rage quitters never got punished

Once you got over 2500, the rage quitting was unreal, and I can understand why.

I'm playing better fighting games

EIGHT

Because my roommate doesn't like SFV and won't like it if I play it when we could be doing something else

Because I'm waiting for fantasy strike.

>MUH EXECUTION SKILLS!
>MUH THIRD STRIKE IS A BAD GAME!

>He thinks difficult execution makes a game "deeper"

>not an fgcuck
>not a sonyneyearold
>sm4sh is better
>kys shill

Boom! That's 4. your shill thread is #shrekt, bitch niqqa

I'm irredeemably bad at it.

ESL is on

Third Strike is a bad game.

I admire what Sirlin is trying to do but Rising Thunder taught us all that execution barriers are no the problem with fighting games.

Rising Thunder is what he's calling out with his "deeper commitment" line.

Because I'm playing Third Strike

Because Ceotaku is on and I'd much rather watch that than trying to find a match that's 80% rollaback shit.

Capcom please sudoku already and give all your IPs to literally anywhere else.

>Game has been "simplified for a wider audience" aka casuals who just want to mash buttons
>Slow as shit movement and walk speed
>Huge floaty jumps with next to no horizontal range
>Tiny ranged normal's
>Tiny hitboxes on everything
>Normal's have a shitty priority system
>Throws are slow as shit with no range
>Links are gone and combos are now mashable
>Huge buffer window
>No close standing attacks
>No neutral jump attacks
>Dizzy making people fall out of combos
>Game is full of comeback mechanics desinged to "lower the effectivness of player skill"
>Only super can chip kill
>V-Trigger a huge universal buff you get as a rewarded for losing
>V-Reverasl a get out of jail free you are rewarded with for losing
>Receve less damage the less health you have
>Worst roster in a street fighter game to date fan favorites replaced with characters no one wanted like birdie and rmika
>Risk/Reward is skewed due to high damage from jump ins yet pitifully low damage on anti airs and how you can no longer get large damage punishes from a jab
>Huge amounts input lag
>Constant fps loss on ps4 and high end PC's
>Random input drops
>Dumbed down mechanics
>Top players already saying the game is casual garbage
>P2W
>Game literally released in an unfinished state
>Online doesn't work correctly
>No punishment for rage quitters
>lobbies that dont even work most of the time with no flags or ping
>8 frames of input lag
>install malicious rootkits that destroy your PC and grant unauthorized access to your machine

My waifu isn't in it and I'm kind of glad, actually.

Why aren't YOU playing USF4, OP?

>one attack button and two special button
At that point just go play fucking Smash

It didn't work for Rising Thunder, why would it work for some card game spin off?

The fact that it has GGPO puts it above most other fighters in netplay even if the game is going to be shit

Reminder that Sirlin thinks aiming skills in shooter games are bad
He even hates on the animation in third strike

Fighting games are for niggers.

Also, they're only fun with your friends and only if they are equally interested in them as you

You could just say you've never played a fighting game user.

Anybody watching Brooklyn Beatdown?
twitch tv/esl_sfv

A lot og good pro players are there.
Strider just beat some literal who.

I just woke up. I'll probably play soon though

>Rising Thunder taught us all that execution barriers are no the problem with fighting games.
best girl poster is right

Very few who aren't willing to practice execution are going to have the dedication to learn the rest of the game

i love this pasta
thanks for sharing user

>hates the animation in 3rd Strike
>hating potentially the best spritework of all time

>Third Strike
>bad game
>probably plays sfv

I understand that, but the issue Rising Thunder faced and what Rising Thunder proved is that eliminating execution barriers is meaningless because the problem is the people playing the game. You can make a game as easy as you want, it won't change the fact that people won't give a shit because they can't be fucked to deal with losing and actually learning how to play games.

Fuck you Chameleos poster go back to /mhgen/

I mean, he's wrong about that, Street Fighter 3 games are very well animated and look pretty, but they are fuckawful games to actually play. In all fairness I don't like Street Fighter period but still Third Strike is not a great game.

Because it's basically the worst fighing game out right now (with an active community).

Nubi STILL hasnt killed himself.
Why?

>jump button

The jump button is something that everyone hates on paper but after playing it they actually prefer it.

I'm not afraid of complexity in fightan. I spent hours and hours learning to put throw counters, dodges and other shit into every Virtua Fighter 4 evo command. I just don't like needing frame perfect combos and not having a third dimension.

>two-button super
>>>>>>DO NOTHING: AUTOMATICALLY reverses throws

> tfw ran out of single player content and dailys are he only way to get quick FM
Fucking Jews

Fuck you right back froggie stop being a cute, CUTE!

Several reasons, but I'll go with this: Steam only.

What's a WK, a wombo kick?

Its not bad. Like 7-10k a week with like five minutes of effort?

I'd like to see a new infinite health mod though. I wont do 100 round survival with Urien.

Deku x Froppy best shippo

The animation is too floppy
sirlingames.squarespace.com/blog/2006/12/25/sirlins-2006-game-awards.html
gamasutra.com/view/news/261698/7_combat_systems_that_every_game_designer_should_study.php
;^)
Reminder that Sirloin is considered a genius game developer in the industry

Best elder dragon

as a game that's trying to lower the execution barrier why would you add a command to something as simple as fucking jumping.

fuck off sirloin

>Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike is a good game to look at for how to do a combat system wrong," Sirlin says. "Parry with no whiff animation makes projectiles bad, and takes away most of the zoning in the game. Most people just fight up close and ignore zoning. On top of all this, it's also the worst balanced fighting game I know of. It's loved by fans somehow, but it's a disaster of design."
He isn't wrong

>DO NOTHING: AUTOMATICALLY reverses throws
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

when that league of legends fighter comes out. Street Fighter will die in your lifetime

>5th best game of the year: Cooking Mama for DS

>hates the parry system because it weakens zoning
Who the hell wants zoning to be powerful?

they're both bad

>Who the hell wants zoning to be powerful?
A lot of people. Third Strike's parry system along with its awful balance basically deletes a number of characters from the game.

>You will never be this mad about losing in a video game
Its been over a year, time to let go.

Im legitemately curiose about what Riot is doing whit Rising Thunder.
I bet it's going to be a huge clusterfuck

>Who the hell wants zoning to be powerful?
Lots of people? Making zoning essentially useless takes out a whole style of play, whether it be characters who focus on it or just ones that can use it a little

>anti airs can get parried
3s is a garbage game and anybody who defends it is an idiot.

Sirlin is still gay tho.

Fair enough, but maybe you should try to make the weak characters stronger instead of removing a game mechanic that rewards skill?

moba babbies will drop that shit within a month, they can't handle playing 1vs1 and having to take responsibility for losing.

The game will die or developing will cave into whining and unnecessarily patch and nerf it into nothingness

MUH ZONING!
MUH PARRYING IS TOO STRONG!
gatheryourparty.com/2014/12/08/mechanic-engineering-parryings-influence/

>Im legitemately curiose about what Riot is doing whit Rising Thunder.
Nothing, they are making a LoL based fighting game similar to rising thunder but actual rising thunder is dead and buried

I hate this guy already.

I dont play dead genres

>Parrying gives an airborne character the ability to defend themselves when they’d otherwise be open to anti-air moves like the iconic Shoryuken
This nigger actually thinks thats a good thing.

It doesn't "reward skill", it sterilizes the game. Hell the simple fact that you can parry while in midair is retarded because it eliminates the importance of commitment when jumping. Third Strike is boring as all hell for it because the more you learn about the game and get better at it the less you're able to actually do.

its shit

What a load of bullshit. That doesn't disprove that you can't zone, it is actually saying you have to go in after a fireball to hope that you'll get anything.

Maybe you should time your attacks to compensate for the opponents parrying?

>injustass 2 will sell 10 million copies

I'm going to play the fuck out of it and get diamond just because it won't be a dead game.

This so much
I played the Battlerite alpah with a friend because i got extra keys.
He is diamond in LoL but his he couldn't even grasp anything in Battlerite

My favorit part was when he asked us when we respawned.
When he found out that people don't respawn the pressure got to him and he just stopped playing after like 20 minutes

He wont even touch anything that even looks like a fighting game.

I don't know why it is so hard for normalfags to get into fighting games.

don't have capable pc,
but if someone want to fight some matches in fightcade come in sf3s room

>Its literally 2D Smash

maybe you should actually get good at a game with parrying before you try to defend it?

Oh, good ridence then.
Rising Thunder was a fucking mess anyway.
I don't think anything Riot does could be worse then RT

"lol ur bad" is not an argument. Adapt.

This is kinda true, but even 1% of lol's player base sticking with it is a fairly large fg scene.

I think the problem will more likely be riot. They like to control everything, if they come and tell people you can't commentate or mention other games if you do ours I doubt many will be for it

no one?

>"lol ur bad" is not an argument
except it totally is an argument, if you're not good at game like third strike with parrying mechanics you shouldn't defend them like you know what you're talking about.

Alpha 2 had airblocking, so I don't get why people shit on 3rd strike for air parrying, which is harder to pull off?

When did he ever lead you to believe he wasn't good? He told you to use mindgames to adapt to the opponent, and you got assblasted and called him a scrub.

this is the stupidest shit i have seen in a long time.
You can't just be all like
>lol git gud
When the reason the characters are bad is integrated in the games core mechanics
It's not something that is just gonna go away if you buff the character, they are still gonna be bad because the game is made the way it is.

And before you start babaling "SFV babbie" i love 3S

Whats your region/fightcade id

Then why are you talking about it when you can't get around a parry and blame a game mechanic on your lack of skill?

People do shit on alpha 2 for it, no one talks about the alpha games that much though

Because fighting games are only fun to play once in a while. Play too much and not only do you get burnt out but you also look that a try hard.

Alpha doesnt have a million dickriders who never even played it.
Most agree that shit was busted.

I wasn't saying lol git gud, I was saying that parrying doesn't automatically shit you down. Just think a little more about what you're doing.

That'd work if this were something like Tekken where you could vary and delay attack inputs more easily. But this is Street Fighter and the shit isn't that simple, otherwise people wouldn't hate parrying as much as they do.

Alpha 2 was shit as well. Street Fighter as a whole fucking sucks.

Pakistan/graffhead

Because 9/10 people from Cred Forums have never played either game and they just parrot what they read here.

I was eating breakfast. Thanks for reminding me, I need dat 7k points.

the weekly trials alone will fund 4 characters per year, that's pretty reasonable imo.

what game can you play regularly without looking like a try hard? I'm curious.

Then why don't we make the attack frames more flexible instead of removing parrying? That sounds like it would be a good way to reward skill and make the game better for everyone.

not the same person he was originally arguing with

I can get around a parry, it's just that it's a shit mechanic. Totally destroys any sort of footsies and makes the simple mechanics like a fucking jumpin a mixup. Not including other dumb shit like parry option selects and the likes.

People see moment 37 and think parrying is amazing but apart from when cool shit like that occasionally happens it completely fucks the rest of the game.

is Juri worth buying for a Cammy main?
not a waifufag

Even if it was one character only it would be much better than any other game on the market.
Its a good system.

This
Most people can't stand the pressure of being crushed on a 1 vs 1 lol had the advantage of putting you on a team of 5 so you have other 4 people you can put the blame on or simply carry your ass

user successfully backed the fuck out all parrots
3s is truly the best fighting game

Capcom made it shitty on purpose so that chucklefucks would play it. They knew what they were getting into, the out-of-touch retards.

>Pakistan/graffhead
We can try but it will probably lag, just trying to log on now (its been a while i cant remember my password)

Okay.
How many people do you know that played Remy in 3S that did good in the game at the same time?

I don't think you can name any at all because Remy was useless at a higher level in that game because he was a fireball character.

So you parries do sgut certain characters down completly

Why are faggots talking about "skill" when it comes to parries?
Regular parries arent hard to land.

It only devalues actual core gameplay tools like fireballs, slow but long pokes and anti airs and adds more guessing to everything.

>you also look that a try hard.
Oh shut the fuck up. God forbid you actually enjoy playing and getting better at a game.

>rewarding skill
You're strangely fixated on this fantasy for some reason that I don't comprehend. You "reward skill" by giving players damage opportunities after making proper reads and/or blocking. The games have been doing that forever, parrying isn't necessary to this equation and people enjoy the game regardless.

ST and USF4 are the only good SF games desu.

Yeah, but if you use the system it also creates a lot of opportunities for you. I'm not some elitist FGC guy, but I really think that most people that hate parrying are people who know nothing about the actual options it can give you when you learn it.

think about that -

>do attack, it usually hits on the 7th frame
>opponent notices the startup/predicts you would do that attack in that situation and parries it
okay this makes sense, he's rewarded for reading you and reacting quickly.

>do attack, but do the late version to make it hit on the 8th frame instead
>opponent notices the startup and reacts but makes a blind guess you'll go with the early version and gets hit
or
>opponent notices the startup and reacts but makes a blind guess that you'll do the late version and blocks it
this is retarded.

>st

no

I don't know, I rather pay full price and get decent roster and stage selection, by now buying the newest iteration of GG is a way better deal

Because I'm at work and guilty gear is the better game.

she seems kinda shit to me. has to work harder to get advantages other characters get for free. Cammy is definitely better.

You can blow someone up who's just guessing for parries with throws and overheads/lows.

Also empty jump in throw is solid tech against people who are guessing or option selecting parry all the time.

It's annoying how people talk about parties like there's no counter play

>parrying a firball form fullscreen =/= parrying mutihit combos/supers
There are levels to how much skill it takes just like everything else.

And yes it does kill some things off but people like them because they were hype to pull of

Why would you use GG as an example when you get so much less?
You pay 60$ for 3-5 characteres with any ASW game on average.

Fucking stupid.

By "rewarding skill" I mean that it would reward having a knowledge of the game and its mechanics, such as the frame data of attacks, as well as utilizing that knowledge properly. If you can change the frame data and know the potential frames of your opponent, each fight becomes basically a fast paced mathematics equation.

>but people like them because they were hype to pull of
So people are shallow fucktards.

>the newest iteration of a game that's been out since 2014 is a better deal than a game not even 1 year old
please tell me more, senpai

maybe you can do an exhaustive report on whether USFIV is a better buy than SFV next?

>watching brokely beatdown
>every match so far has had a mika in it

Cammy is blatantly better in most instances.
>normals that make Necalli look like Urien
>no invincible reversal outside of EX
>needs to burn charges to get any decent combo damage
>projectile is liquid shit

As I have said, it devalues tools and adds more guess work.
Suddenly people can just jump at you and you cant even reliably anti air because they could parry it or do an empty jump into throw.

You already give up things when you choose to anti air shit, now everything is even worse.

Its fucked. Garbage design.

>You can blow someone up who's just guessing for parries with throws and overheads/lows.
Hell you can do that to someone who is just blocking. What dynamic does parrying add to the game that isn't already there?

But simply blocking already does that.

but the game already rewards knowing the game and its mechanics such as frame data.

Its not even a better deal.
Arcsys sells basic patches for full retail price.
Only their first entries are ever worth the money. Everything after that is just milking retards.

>"rewarding skill" I mean that it would reward having a knowledge
skill =/= knowledge

>each fight becomes basically a fast paced mathematics equation.
You are talking like someone who doesn't actually know that much about fighting games. When people say learn frame data they don't mean you are figuring some complex shit out in your head like Neo, you learn it so you create set ups that if you practice enough you can identify and do them without much thinking

if you never bought the first one, then Revelator is a good buy. this goes for all fighting games, so it's not even worth pointing out, was what I was getting at.

>no ps4

Yes, but parrying in tfis hypothetical situation allows you to use this aggressively to shut your opponent down with your superior knowledge.

Guilty Gear is better.

Still playing Soulcalibur II on the Gamecube.

skill = using knowledge and technique to create opportunities to win

Can confirm, bought Guilty Gear recently and it is far more fun.

>You are talking like someone who doesn't actually know that much about fighting games.
He's talking like someone that plays League.

>Only their first entries are ever worth the money. Everything after that is just milking retards.
>Actually playing and enjoying the game is being retarded.
Well naturally, only the best from Cred Forumsermin.

Nigga knowing when to block and what you can actually punish with is being able to shut your opponent down with "superior knowledge". Parrying adds nothing positive to the game from the player standpoint, it's purely spectator eye candy and nothing more.

hey guys just found this thread is there a lobby up?

Parry allows people to parry. It is not blocking.

You can still anti air. You need to adjust your timing based on when you think they will parry or call them out if you think it's an empty jump bluff. If anything, it brings more decisions to standard situations where you'd typically anti-air 100% of the time

>this goes for all fighting games
No because other fighting games these days dont fucking rip you off with patches anymore.
Everybody is using a regular DLC model.
KoF, Killer Instinct and even shit like Mortal Kombat just let you buy the additional shit you want if you like.

Capcom actually lets you earn content by just playing the game.

ASW does yearly patches at retail price+on disc DLC+tip.
If you buy the newest one you will have to pay extra later. It just keeps going.

ASW is the most jew company in the business.

Not that I've seen
Mostly just arguing about 3s

Never played league in my life, although I do enjoy the porn.

I'm just trying to take blocking and punishing to the next level. Bump up the intensity.

start one up buddy I'll join

Parrying just makes people who have "superior knowledge" get an even stronger advantage when they exercise that knowledge.

>game starts
>opponent attacks
>you parry
>do a combo on them now that they're opened up
wow you really out-thought that guy, he was a fool to attack! what a loser! truly a battle of wits went on in this arena!

That's okay

>it brings more decisions to standard situations where you'd typically anti-air 100% of the time
And why would you want that? The guy jumping in already made his decision and so did the defending guy. One guy is in the air which is supposed to be this big guess and the other guy either commits to a button press/special and eats the jumpin or he doesnt and he gets to AA.
Why would you give the attacker even more options?
Why devalue something as fundamental as anti airs?

tfw juni will never shit in your mouth

Okay so everyone is hating on SF3 parries, but what about SFV with Alex, Ryu and parry like moves like Gief or Bison?

Lobby owner is: Ownlywon
3 rounds
First to 2
Character Select ON
Password is 2212

Im a shitter trying to learn Urien so take it easy on me

capcom have been doing the same since forever , and it haven't stopped
fuck ASW anyway . for following capcom practices

>and it haven't stopped
legit fucking retard.

Because it adds depth and enhances mind games. That's what 3S is known for and that's why 3S players love the game.

Not everything is a devaluation, that's just your meme word to discredit a game you don't actually play.

startup times and animation mean they require actual timing
Alex's is real good but locked behind v-trigger
Gief's is super armor and can only take a certain number of hits
They are nowhere near as strong as 3s parries
Also none of them can be done in mid air

>devaluation is a memeword

More options does not mean more depth, especially when you make some weaker and others stronger in the process meaning the decision actually gets easier

how about a "parry" that doesn't interrupt the attack or offer an opportunity to counter-attack or anything, but reduces chip damage? do while you're eating a blockstring, you're active engaged in pressing buttons with the proper timing to avoid taking that chip.

Could combine it with another option to pushblock, but that would cause more chip damage/grey damage.

So the blocker has 3 options of how they want to defend, but none of them lead to them getting an outright advantage over the opponent. Push the opponent back out of range because you don't wanna deal with their shit, but also take a bit of damage for it, and miss your own chance to counter? or just block normally and wait for your turn? or "parry" each hit to avoid taking chip, then wait for your turn?

Nigger region
Remember the region

I'm coming in now, change it to FT1 when more join so we're not waiting forever

In my experience everything just werks except Australia.

I'm from the US and get good matches all around yurop

>Option Select Parry Into c.MK Super: The Game
That's not mind games man. That's another thing that hasn't really been touched upon ITT either. Parries might suck ass but the prevalence of option selects turned what may be a lame mechanic into an even worse one.

Removing decision making from the player is not okay.

US East is the only region that matters fuccboi

Sure

They are much harder to utilize and not even half as broken.
They also have whiff animations. Alex parry exposes him REALLY hard.
You gotta commit to these parries, some are even bound to meter.

put in a coin each time you wanna play fuccboi < buy an entirely new version every year dipshit < buy an update every year asshole < buy the characters individually (sometimes for free) and get balance updates for free

Fine
but don't blame me if the games go to shit

I think parries wouldn't have been as bad if the combos (of the top tiers) did less damage. then getting blown up after a parry would matter less.

My craptop's screen is broken.

Yes it does

There's anti OS-parry tech

Play the game

>joined the lobby
>has to synchronize to the match so everything'S going like triple speed
>on the moment both of you were just crouching mid-screen, it stopped synching
>once you started moving it started syncing again
Thanks for the giggle
>

Chun-Li isn't dangerous because of her combos, she's dangerous because she's a fucking brick wall that the other characters can't get past.

fpbp

/thread

seems like we've got enough for ft1 to be interesting

This is my favorite

>there are no spacing/footsies in 3S
>Chun is broken because her fantastic walk speed and good spacing normals

Yo mahvel since you play cammy im gonna tell you up front
You are probably gonna bodie me because i fucking can't deal with that cunt.

t.Necalli player

not really, if there are 50 options but only 5 of them are viable then there's really only 5 options. see: MvC2

on a 24 hour ban

How do i bypass it?

Along with parries making an already untouchable character even harder to deal with.

Whatever, Street Fighter is a shit series, I'm blown away by how the series has been able to retain players.

learn a lesson

when you're the only character in the game with good footsies in a game that doesn't even lend itself to footsies, yeah you end up top tier, and everyone else feels really shitty. crazy how that works.

>there are no air fireballs in SF2
>Akuma is broken because of his air fireball

>Forced to sit in games with teleporting shitters

no thanks

They let you get away with 2 quits every few hours.

Why can't you just count? Why not just stay and let them take 2 rounds before finding a new opponent?

Only an idiot would get caught.

t.LTG

No it doesn't. Zoning in something you can try in SF3 but parry being an option now makes it shit, meanwhile jump ins carry way less risk cause you can parry mid air. So the introduction of parry means that although you have an extra option you've actually killed a style of play while making one always a good choice so there is less depth

I'm pretty shit with her, to be honest, so maybe it'll be a fair fight :^)

>Rashid reveal on 9/11
This is still the craziest shit capcom has done with this game

I AM playing Street Fighter. I just got it last night and I'm playing casual matches. I haven't won any yet but I got close the last match.

I'm not talking about character balance, 3s is poor at that. I'm talking about more options and risks coming from decisions like jump ins.

In 3s you can't anti air the same way, the same time. You'll start to get bodied by parries. So there's additional yomi added to which anti air should be used, when it should be used or whether it should be used at all. This adds depth whether you think it's good depth or not. It allows players like Kuroda to do the things he does.

This also applies to midscreen neutral

I got it now forgot to do it after the last match

Holy shit just watch top level 3s. You'll see plenty of rounds where parries don't happen at all.

This isn't some crazy magical mechanic that is just happening all over the place constantly. Chun li isn't just flying through the air completely invincible.

Dudes saying shit like "untouchable." Just play the game

Good luck man, this is my first street fighter game and ive won about 4 matches out of 100

find someone good to 1v1 you

>try to do CA
>get Cannon Spike
>try to do Cannon Spike
>get CA

But parries! They completely ruin footsies! Why doesn't everyone just parry everything all the time because it's broken?

I thought footsies didn't exist in 3s

I'm on a wedding. With my other girlfriend. Who doesn't know I have a gf already. And the first gf doesn't know either. Luckily second gf is going to study abroad for six months...

>being cammyed so hard you leave the room
I dont blame you

Thanks! I played a bit of SFIV, like nine hours or so, but this is pretty much my first fighting game too.
Who do you main?

well that was horrible
Think im gonna stick with EU region lobbies for now.

GGs anyway
you will never know if you won because you were better then me and i wont admit it or if it really was lag :^)

Stop playing so predictably. Learn anti os parry tech

Play the game

No it means that traditional aas are incredibly weak as they carry way too much risk, which is easily forced on you by someone else committing to the jump in which for them is actually a pretty safe option. You haven't added depth, you've just changed what is strong where just a random jump in is better than someone who normally has a strong aa game

I think I've played like five Dhalsims in my life, and I have no fucking idea what to do.
i'll still take that W nigga, I don't give a fuck. GG, man.

That's true, but let's not pretend that her super 2 isn't top tier on its own

>Stop playing so predictably
Not matter how you play 3S zoning will not be good requiring you to go in, and jump ins will still be a much stronger and safer options than they are in other games. That is fundamentally how the game is

They're what parries were meant to be.
Ryu's has start up and a decent amount of recovery but parrying multihit moves is cake.
Alex's is a lot more powerful and easier to reverse a situation on the opponent but it locks you into a clothesline and is only usable in trigger.

>t but it locks you into a clothesline
It actually doesn't if you get a parry, most people just mash it though so the closeline comes out

GGs graffhead was fun, sorry about the lag.

I didn't deserve that win

Because Street Fighter V from launch has been a broken pile of garbage. Muh Esports is the reason why it got rushed out as an unfinished game, and it's also why we won't get any balance patches until Capcom Cup.

That unfamiliarity nets me a lot of wins, especially in my league.

Playing a button smasher is boring

Yes you did, that was some impressive aggression

yeah man had fun not all Cred Forums is shit

I know that. My point is that if you do it wildly, the only thing you get out of it is a clothesline making it punishable.

What the fuck happened with that connection?

whats the lobby?

CFN: Onlywon
PW: 2212

only your connection is terrible what's happening

rounds/first to what?

Can i just search for a players lobby? It doesnt seem i can

nvm found it

Search for FT1, password on

100% LEGIT YOU GUISE, I'M THE BEST

I'll probably play two more matches, then I'm done. I have to grab some grub and go to play practice

Apparently its all on my end, my bad

>play practice
What play are you doing, I did a lot of Shakespeare when I was in school

Y'all wanna talk about aggression, there you fucking go. God damn, that was some tension.

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde: The Musical. It's a weird premise, I know, but it has some fucking great music.
youtu.be/FSWlE3HJoDg

jesus christ that was great

what league is everyone in?

jesus onlywon do you play wireless or what?

t.laura

he's gone you can come back

I was in Gold before I started learning Urien and Gief. Currently idling at SS trying to figure out Gief's gameplan and Urien's resets into aegis.

Yeah, its usually fine but occasionally everything gets fucked up
Im gonna drop out for now

Welp, RIP me.
Thanks for the matches, guys. I'all probably hang out in the thread.

Should we have a Discord?

This is some good shit man, good luck

cuz I'm playing USFIV on PC

Thanks, user. A production with David Hasselhoff as Jekyll/Hyde is on YouTube, check it out.

You don't know what you're talking about, plain and simple. The parry system alone makes characters that normally would never, ever have any use whatsoever viable options. All I have to say is kuroda.

>Hasselhoff
Oh I'll definitely watch this

Alright, I'm incredibly trash at this game. So take that into account.

But, for the most part, I'm trudging my way out of Super Bronze, and whenever I get to Ultra bronze, I get matched up with Super Silvers and get my shit slapped. Every time.

Everyone silver and below is easy enough, they wake up DP, throw out random supers. But as soon as I get to Silver, suddenly everyone knows these crazy setups and actual footsies.

I haven't actually seen any other Ultra Bronzes, I either play Super Bronzes when I'm in Super Bronze, or Silver and above when I'm in Ultra Bronze.

I am a big fan of the previous Street Fighter games, but I am not a fan of Street Fighter V. I am not going to play a game I do not enjoy just because it is the current iteration of a series that I like.

is the lobby still up? I've always viewed these threads but never joined in and I wanna hop on now

yeah it's just me and EdBird right now

I'm host

EdBerd* sorry

You're really good by the way

alright I'm in, dunno about being good, but we'll see how it goes

I meant Ed was good but you're good too.

Ryu hits hard

You know the parry timing for multiple hits is identical after the first hit unless it has staggered hits which the vast majority of the time you can just punish at that point.

we in here boyz

Why is canada so bad at fighting games?

>fresh meat in the lobby as soon as I leave
F u g

You almost had me. Don't play the Dhalsim match up and my throw tech reactions are shit. Work on your anti-airs and you'll be solid.

thanks buddy

gg's gotta get some studying done

might hop back in later

but thats actually the yomi surrounding third strike parry fundamentals.

Are you good at the game?

Whats your fightcade name?

The online in this game is detestable. When I can get matched up against someone that's even in the same realm of skill, the connection is garbage more often than not. It seems like searching for better connections does little if anything.

Really getting sick of losing points over bullshit netcode.

Even retarded anime games give you air unblockables and make air>ground blocking cost meter.
Having a free, huge reward defense option that you can OS behind a normal on what is already a high reward decision is the most retarded idea anyone has ever come up with. is the most retarded

yup, its a shitty implementation of ggpo. Its a shame because its going to convince everyone that Rollback netcode isnt the way to go (it is, its objectively the best, its just poorly implemented in sf5)

I definitely need to practice AA and get the combos down. I haven't been playing dhalsim very long and I'm just now really starting to get a handle on his normals and command normals

ass

you're a piece of trash.

>That .gif

Best inside joke I seen in a while

I don't own the game.

What are you going to do about it, OP? Buy the game for me?

It's not ggpo
Skullgirls, Rising Thunder, KI, Fightcade and the Capcom ports are the only fighting games with GGPO.

get better internet, I search for 5 bars only and never have a problem.

oh yeah youre right, its just an in house rollback netcode.

I get pretty good connections these days. The only times I've had it bad was when the internet was slow at my end anyway

because while i was initially excited for the premise of playing the game to unlock the dlc, crapcom took it in the worst, most consumer unfriendly, way. no, i dont wanna have to sit for a literal couple thousand games to get a single character, and no, i dont want to shell out a couple bucks per after already paying 60 dollars. im going to sit my ass out and wait until someone i actually enjoy comes out, and spend my fight money on them, but until then im stuck playing the default cast for no real good reason

>it werks for me :^)

My internet is fine. I have no problems in any other online game I play. It is only in SFV, happens at around 1 in 3 matches and it's a pain in the ass.

Yes and it's garbage because it doesn't correct its rollback factor dynamically, doesnt utilise frame delay like GGPO and pushes all the rollback onto one player.

>it doesn't werks for me :^(

>I have no problems in any other online game
See this is where you make your lie obvious, no one has no problems ever in any other games

still leaves a rootkit on your pc

90% of the time parrying isn't worth it. You're either going to guess wrong and eat a combo/throw or parry something unrewarding.

It's still possible to play footsies in 3S. It just works very differently than anything else. Watch Mimora play Makoto and watch his spacing.

Also isn't ST even broke than 3S? I hear Chun's strong is like +10 on block which probably means you can just spam that shit for days in the corner. I heard the power difference in the tiers is even worse than 3S. I mean Kuroda has shown that player proficient is more important than the character you play.

You have daily and weekly challenges now, they are really easy and take no skill at all. It is a much faster way to get fight money.

I mean, look at todays challenge
>Use trainin mode one
>500 FM

It is much better than playing 10 fights.

I wiah the A.I wasnt so garbage though, fighting anyone with a A.I on highest level is almost impossible, characters like chun just react before your attack comes out

it's a bad game and I would rather play other fighting games.

steamcommunity.com/games/310950/announcements/detail/834680518441056080?l=english

>Users who have downloaded the title update Ver.1.09 on 9/22, but have not applied the additional patch that became available on 9/23, as well as users who had not restarted their PC after applying the additional patch.

>After restarting your PC, the Capcom.sys file becomes invalid, and will not affect your systems. We apologize for the inconvenience, but please restart your PC.

>After you have restarted your PC, please run the check/deletion tool listed below. This deletion tool will allow you to easily remove the Capcom.sys file, as well as search for any registry entries that are tied to the file, and delete them if discovered.

ST is a game about exploiting the cheapest shit you can. It's poorly balanced but because of the damage every character can win even hard matchups if they get any momentum. OS are a must in high level ST.

>capcom puts virus in update
>downloading another update from them

fool me once...

i dont think anyones defending capcom here, they're just calling you out because you're saying false things.

>I heard the power difference in the tiers is even worse than 3S.
nope

> I mean Kuroda has shown that player proficient is more important than the character you play.
In a game nearly no one takes seriously any more, after playing it forever and has to play stupidly proficient. If he put the same time into Chun she'd be even more broken

I'v only made one post, two now.

3S has always had a small scene.

You're a fag if you actually jump to the "NO ONE PLAYS THIS" shit.

But yeah, he's wrong. ST tiers are much more compacted than 3s. Objectively.

ST has a lot of broken shit that leads it to be an SF game where almost the whole cast is perfectly viable.

I'm getting off to eat, I might be back later if the lobby is still up.

good games everyone

are you the same idiot from the fightcade thread

>parries are broken!!

>people think Urien is only mid-tier when one reset mixup with aegis leaves the opponent one step from stun no matter what and with full meter can lead to 95% to 100% if they get stunned

ggs bruh

Even T.Hawk is viable because of meme loops

Kuroda doesn't even play low tiers unless he's trying to meme anymore, he goes for Oro or Akuma.

In 3S, Sean is really the only character with no potential. Tweleve and Q are actual characters even though they suck at almost everything.

In ST, I know Cammy is unbelievably bad. I'd love to know why people think so because I don't really play ST.

And there's still a scene for 3S in Japan. People are still playing it and finding out new things.

His play style favors Q so I can understand why he picks him but yeah he also has one of the best Akumas along with other characters like Hugo.

the disparity in ability with characters like Q, Sean, Remy, Twelve, Hugo is nothing like the disparity in ST.

Its just a worse game when it comes to character balance.

>Juri waifufag
>Only reason I bought SFV and didn't just stick with GG or KoF
>They made her fucking retarded

wtf I hate capcom now

>hugo

you're an idiot. Hugo is mid tier only slightly worse than oro or elena.

remy and Q aren't that bad either.

I don't play SFV.

ST's tierlists are almost all based on how many good matchups you have.

Cammy doesn't have a great gimmick to abuse and she loses pretty hard to anyone with a fireball. She does beat out T.Hawk (lmao) and Blanka tho

>You're a fag if you actually jump to the "NO ONE PLAYS THIS" shit.
No that is a valid statement, there not being as many people playing especially notable talented players means lower level of competition overall and stuff is found out slower.

If everyone who used to play 3S had been playing seriously up to this point like melee autists, you'd never get away with Q.

no

>the only character with no potential.
You are simply wrong, 3S has very harsh tiers which is why someone playing a character like Q so well was impressive

>And there's still a scene for 3S in Japan
When you say that it sounds big, but what you actually mean is a miniscule amount that play it in the arcade still

happened the same to me with ratchel , but it it wasn't the only reason i got BB

Tiers matter less in ST than 3S. Most of the matches in ST are determined either by if someone gets their character's meme shit off or if it's a good matchup for them or if they play O. Sagat.
Not him but both Remy and Q are low-tier. Remy needs charge but lolparry and Q in general sucks ass. Only reason Hugo is mid is because of his reach and his ability to parry into SPD. Ironically the reason he's mid is also because parries make most of his pokes useless.

>you're an idiot.

Nope, I'm not. You're uneducated.

Hugo is consistently bottom 5, japan will often put him as second worse character in the game.

Because I'm learning how to play King of Fighters 2002 with Koreans, but that also requires learning some Korean, so I'm busy, nigger.

God tier:
Gill

Top tier:
Chun li
Yun

High tier
Ken
makoto
akuma
dudley

upper-mid tier
Urien
yang
Ryu

Mid tier:
Oro
Elena
hugo

low-mid tier
Necro
Alex
Ibuki
Q
remy

low tier
Sean
Twelve

I don't buy Blazbloo because I like Bullet and Bullet is always shit.

ah shit

You're an idiot who doesn't play the game and checked dated as fuck SRK tiers.

fuck off retard.

>tfw you play O Sagat

japanese think he's trash

fuck off moron..

Q is high tier if he can taunt, and remy is good at a high level, his normals are fast as fuck and with proper buffering and partitioning he can really control the pace of the match. He's not Good, but people have a warped view of 3s outside of the top tiers.

This, i have lost all trust in capcom, iv not touched the game in months but was willing to go back to this unfinished mess for the Urien update, but no they hit malicious software in the game to "prevent hackers"

Street Fighter the game i once loved is now dead to me.

>Q is high tier if he can taunt
Is this the "oiled Hakan is the best character in the game" of SF3

>playing a softbanned character when new sagat is actually decent and not poorly designed.

>Q is high tier if he can taunt

Because I'm not ready to move on from SF4.

It isn't but alright. dumb 09er.

gg boys. gonna go relax with the woman

If you're not trying too hard to not be a tryhard, you're a tryhard.

As in, I have no other consistent connection issues of a similar nature in other games I play online. Obviously I'll occasionally encounter bad glitches or I'll get disconnected once in a blue moon, but for example I'm not getting awful lag playing Dota, KF, or CS.

Stop being pedantic.

Q is still shit even with more health. What the fuck is more health going to do for him against Chun or Ken? Doesn't make his buttons better.
Remy is dogshit at high level. He's better at low level you tard. Anyone at high level is good enough at parrying to simply grind meter off his fireballs and if Remy wants to parry shit he has to lose all charge.
>says other people have a warped view of 3S
>has an infinitely more warped view of 3S than anyone else in the thread
l m a o
m
a
o

I can agree to that. Although I'd say that parrying helps all the low tier characters and makes them more viable. They're still garbage and they get garbage punishes.

Hugo has a hard time against fireballs or fast characters like Makoto. But he deals crazy damage to make up for it.

>And there's still a scene for 3S in Japan
I wouldn't be surprised if it was as big as ST.

Q has shit normals. And has a hard time finding oppertunities. I've seen Kuroda parry an entire super and only land a st.mk has a punish.

I legit thought Alpha 3 was fun casually, does that count?

EU lobby alive? Where?

Why would I play bad Sagat when I can play godlike Sagat

>its another "we made the game for retards" fighting game

fightcade name?

I want to see how much you play this game

He doesn't need buttons.

Q insane health means he can actually guess parry and go for them at a high level, he also does massive damange, he becomes a threat because you can't do anything where the risk reward isn't in his favor.

Getting the taunts off mean s he has to do well early on though (land a throw etc)

Q is bad

Goat Simulator and other wacky Twitch games or co op games full of memes are all right XD.

No really, I have a friend that believes this. He wouldn't even play one round of Tekken Tag 2 or Nitroplus with me, but expected me to play Borderlands 2 with him for 4 hours, which amounted to him grinding my level for me while I had to watch. The dumbest part is that he tells me he likes Fate/stay night, which the latter game had a character from as one of its best.

Y'golonac, I don't play much fightcade though I mainly play on OE now a days.

Yeah you're right.
I've never heard anyone claim Q is high tier when taunted till today, the Hakan meme was much more prevalent.

modern tier list for you

eventhubs.com/tiers/sf3-3s/

Hugo is 4th from bottom

>main fang
>get up to Super Gold, hell yeah
>tilt back down to super silver because this fucker does 0 damage

There's something broken about this game when a fucking meterless Ryu mp-shoryu link does more damage than every fucking v-trigger combo.

Fang is fun, but it's not fun outplaying your opponent for the whole match and then dying to a 70% mika reset because you mistimed a meaty.

>Smug has a better Balrog than pr rog
we live in interesting times

good, so do i. Is that your psn as well?

>eventhubs

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh fuck I feel bad for even saying you used SRK. what a joke.

let me tell you that ygolnic is really tough pick your opiest chr from the start

How do I play FANG

it mirrors most of what top japanese players say

GGs lobby.
Might join again if there's a lobby open later

>eventhubs
cmon my dude

PR Rog played a smart, footsies oriented Rog, not knockdown into memes like Smug's dudley.
Guess who's rewarded in SFV.

This is a bit late but 3 was objectively the least sold of the SF series
saying no one plays it is pretty valid

Yes he does. They all have shit range, hitboxes, and only 2 of them can be canceled. The only way he gets any damage is off of his command grab.
The risk/reward is never in his favor, even with highest hp. If I didn't have to go to work literally right now, I would have you see me in fightcade and I would let you taunt 3 times and then shit on you with Chun only using fierce and forward just to show you how wrong you are. Health means nothing if he can't do anything with it.

Less than V?

>He doesn't need buttons
He can only super cancel 3 of his normals. One of them being close st.mk, again close mk. Meaning he's really bad at hit confirming from further distances. He also has insane recovery if his heavies whiff.

But you're right about his damage, he hurts but he has a hard time landing that damage.

I don't even pay Q but alright. lol

I said he's high tier not top tier with taunts, but he should still win a decent amount against chun.

I know you are a shitter though

>one player plays much more aggressively
>Balrog is a much more aggressive character in V
>the more aggressive player doing better with the character is somehow a foreign concept

noone thinks that

wikiwiki.jp/3rd/?�����䥰���

That's a recent tier list.

capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

Sfv is on this list, no sf3 to be seen

Nica K.O does for one.

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh fuck I feel bad for even saying you used SRK. what a joke.

OH UH? WHAT HAPPENED? A MODERN TIER LIST GOT POSTED? HUGO IS SECOND FROM THE BOTTOM JUST LIKE I SAID

HAHAHAHAH WHAT A FUCKING IDIOT I AM, RIGHT? HAHAHA LETS LAUGH? HAHAAHAHAHA

Are you kidding?
3 did so bad it almost killed the SF franchise
V didnt do as well as IV but its nowhere that level of failure

I legitimately cannot get into the mindset of wanting simpler games, unless it's because the mind games are more complex. I guess you have to be a normie with things to do, I love spending time figuring out what combos into what or what juggles, wtf is the point if it's so simple I'm done in the lab after 5 minutes?
Even for non-fighting games, Its always more fun when you have a multitude of options and tactics to use

>I don't play Q
Oh, no wonder you're spouting off retarded opinions and projecting about your own skill.

Hopefully FANG will get a few buffs after CPT. I'm maining him myself, but I'm considering going over to Urien untill they buff FANG

Remember guys, i'm an idiot who goes by outdated tier lists.

Hugo is obviously mid tier. Im such a fucking fool

I'm on Cred Forums I can be a scrub and still be Nuki by comparison.

FANG really just needs poison to be better, with that he'd be pretty strong

and for two?

KBRAD LOST AGAIN

Calm down dude you should know that Eventscrubs is no good source, I mean jesus they have C.Viper as top 10 in MvC3 and Akuma as 3rd in USFIV

Even Kuroda's own tier list says Hugo is bottom tier.

Because fighting games as a genre have become stale and there is no innovation, it's always the same thing.
>Camera pans left and right
>Button combination pattern memorization
I don't get how people can be into this genre when they're all just different coats of paint on the same mechanics

>kbad losing

You guys planning to respond to this?

I think your words were

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>oh fuck I feel bad for even saying you used SRK. what a joke.

Seems strange. Sounded like you knew what you were talking about?

>posts random list
>thinks it's credible because it's in moonrunes

lol

anyone who put's twelve that high or even better than sean is just fucking with you.

nearly all the gang on the east coast.mutant XP frankie 3s, jr.Rodriguez etc.

its from japanese 3rd strike wiki updated recently this year.

This is the tier list.
Hugo is bottom.
Kurodas tier list has been posted too. Guess where Hugo is.

Sorry you thought you knew something

still no dinput support for pc is inexcusable

bought a ps4 compatible fightpad for this and can't even use it

Is it the madcatz one? cause they did update stuff for them so they do work

Kurodas is being retarded and hugo is only lower mid on his list.

regardless kuroda thinks akuma is secretly top tier and would never put fucking oro that high except to be cocky. He's clearly fucking around. assuming it's even from him.

japan 3s wiki isn't even legit. it's just randoms giving their thoughts.

I head someone wanted an EU lobby so i made one
AWAKEN_MY_MASTER
First to 2 unless we become to many
Selcet on
Pass: 7778

he has him as third from the bottom

thats not lower mid tier

Sean literally has 2 combos and all of his special moves suck. His buttons are so bad that Ken can reversal SA3 if Sean HITS Ken with f+fierce.

i think you lost

ken can also reversal ryu if ryu far meduim kick hits.

he has him tied with alex, he also puts alot of characters at dead even. like yang and necro (lol)

I know i'm arguing with someone who doesn't play 3s at all and doesn't know what the fuck they are even posting.

yeah i'd be salty too

Oro has unblockables and can deal more damage than Urien if he does one successfully.

>Kurodas is being retarded
gg

Thats my favorite part of this blowout

>T-THOSE TIERLISTS DONT COUNT

talk about goalposts lmao

this thread makes me wanna play 3S now even though Im shit at it

anyone wanna play?

Because I'm really really bad at it
Never left Rookie tier, bought at launch, played for a 2 weeks then never again
I play birdie defensively, and anytime someone rushes in its just rng and If I guess wrong the damage is fucking stupendous
I'm used to playing zoners/run-away/ and defense, but I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong by playing defense in V do they actually mean offense? Is birdie only for hard reads?

>tfw no more ways to get FM except for online and survival
>tfw too scrubby to beat survival on Hard and Extreme

Do you have fightcade?

they don't. you're idiots.

and his yagyo unblockables require a close strong and two bars to attempt to go into a loop (which is more predictable to escape than uriens) Unblockables aren't all there is to a character. Oro has mediocre normals and no way to throw you without giving up the corner.

>Never left Rookie
You only have to win 5 or so matches against complete newbies, you really can't make any statement on the game if you can't even do that

point me to the tier list that counts then. I'd love to see the one with hugo up in mid. lol

He's right though.

yea also I live in texas

>literally the agreed upon general japanese tier list
>but this netplay warrior says differently

okkaaaaayyy

Did I make a statement?

>2 weeks
Weak.
>rookie only
Really fucking weak.
Sounds like you're legit garbage at other fighters too if you were stuck there.

Anti airs, pokes, v-reversal, learning how to live under pressure and block right.
Birdie has proper defensive tools.
Unsafe memes will get you blown up, shit like cr.lp and st.mk are your best friends.

Well I'm EU.

Tier lists are just potential.

>anytime someone rushes in its just rng and If I guess wrong the damage is fucking stupendous

>they don't. you're idiots.

that tierlist is literally based on calculating wins/losses between various character matchups

do you have any replays
if so post them

Seeing as you can play Birdie defensively especially when using his vskill well and he has good buttons in general he is. Sure the game is more offensive, doesn't mean there is no defence. Plus statements like he has to guess in situations applies to all games, even in games with more options that shit can be punished as well

multiple

What's your username? I think the connection should be alright.

He's not, he's basically admitting he's losing 51%+ of his games to people who aren't good enough to beat shoryuken spammers.

I'll join a bit later, hope it's still up when I'm back

>eventhubs community tier list
TOP KEK

You can get to low gold with Birdie by simple anti airing faggots with cr.mp.
No more fucking excuses you shitters.

And heres the current japanese tier list.

Guess where Hugo is?

you can get to low gold by just anti airing, no matter what character. Shut down basic memes that aren't real and people panic

Completely untrue

That's not an opinion or a jab at the game, it's fucking fact, I'm not here trying to shitpost, that was a real life experience, you can mash lights and mediums against someone blocking and fill up stun meter on occasional hits, now take the dick out of your ass, and tell me what I'm supposed to be doing if I want to zone in V

he's just scrambling for random tier lists. he doesn't play the game. He doesn't know who decided on the tiers, what arcade, why the tier are that way and what the matchups even mean.

>and tell me what I'm supposed to be doing if I want to zone in V
Seeing as Du is zoning with Guile pretty this set you are full of it

>you can mash lights and mediums against someone blocking and fill up stun meter on occasional hits
>I'm not here trying to shitpost

no, hori fightpad

is is theoretical or actually recorded? if it's recorded than it depends on who is actually playing the characters.

Post your cfn/replays so we can see the stupid shit you're doing that's getting you blown up

Actually i posted the generally agreed upon japanese tierlist from the 3s wiki. It was updated last month.

I also posted Kuroda (a top player, you may have heard of him) tier list that further reaffirmed the position of Hugo as bottom.

Listen, I know its tough. But you were wrong. It wouldnt have been so bad if you didnt make a ton of posts reveling in your own personal reality about it. But this is a blowout, and you'll learn from it.

And yes, i do understand matchups. Hugo has several 7-3's. Lmao

I can understand wanting to simplify things to a degree. I respect what SFV was going for in a lot of ways, but I agree completely that shit like is just awful. It defeats most of the purpose and enjoyment of a fighting game. It's like making a rhythm game with a three second window for getting a perfect hit.

>nash's win quote vs urien

i don;'t like fighting games

Generally agreed upon by whom? is it the fucking eventhubs of japan?

Kuroda is known for being eccentric as hell and fucking with people.

japan also isn't perfect. Most of the players aren't even that good, you can see this with stories of americans going over and bodying their average player like pyrolee like when the best of japan come over here.

matchups aren't the be all end all of 3s characters anyway, you might be a strong character with awkward matchups but ultimutly have more and better tools than someone else when you get momentum.

What you wanna do is cr.mp every single fucking jump in, you can not allow anyone to ever get away with jumping and you are the one character who has an incredibly consistent AA.
Space yourself cr.mk and st.mk (the armour move), learn to confirm jab, short xx bullhead.
Chains are garbage for anything other than reads unless you've got a banana or can set up.
V trigger bullheads are really hard to punish and the armoured ones are 1f armoured so bullhead>bullhead is a legitimate strategy.
EX Command grab is throw invuln so use it if you can read a throw.

This advice should be enough to get you out of rookie and bronze at the very least, all you need is a solid hitconfirm an anti air and a vague understanding of footsies.

So I have to spend money to zone?

holy shit, the goalposts dude. I dont need to read the rest of that shit.

Post the credible tier that you respect. Ill wait.

>(the armour move)
ignore this

yeah, you're a delusional scrub

FM

youll never be good at a fighting game because of your mentality. Everything is the games fault and you claim zoning is an impossible feat.

You're a clown.

This is bait

kill yourself nubi

because it's fucking trash and USF4 is better

my fighting game of choice is Hokuto no Ken

its sort of true though. SF3 was really unpopular at release due to a strange unfamiliar cast and playing very differently from SF2.

It was still good, its just that at the time there was a huge kneejerk reaction.

Remember kids
You never truly know how shit you are at a game before some guy comes into your lobby and beats the shit out of you with 4 different characters that isn't even their main

GG chopsocky
I couldn't even combo into CA because every time i actually hit you it surprised me

it's well known NG bombed. SI and 3s really didn't, 2D fighting games were largely dropped by casuals as 3D was the cool new toy.

sf3 series. also sold poorly because it only got ported (poorly) to the dreamcast until 2005.

it wasn't until around 2002 though that the mainstream competitive community adopted it and it went on to become the biggest game of the mid 2000s at the top alongside CVS2 and marvel2

Why is canada so shit at fighting games?

I'm on fightcade if anyone wants some casuals for 3s

ygolonac

/thread

Will the add Sagat?

As a fan of kick boxing and muai thai I want to main him.

large country with low pop density. Arcades are inconvenient, online connections mediocre. arcades died in the US but hardly existed in canada.

because you want to do something other than tiger the whole match every match?

Region/id?

Did they revert the rootkit patch

are you retarded user?

canada, though you'd see that when you went on fightcade

>it and it went on to become the biggest game of the mid 2000s
I mean, being a big game in the fgc then wasn't exactly a huge achievement. At the biggest events maybe 200 might turn up

yeah, the day of

I knew Nash was an fedoralord but Christ

you cant happy birthday in SFV
its not a tag game

Then play SF4 where he's actually balanced.
Or play O Sagat like an asshole as well.

>Play Sagat
>Don't want to THAYGERR

>tfw cheated so I can't do it again even if I wanted

>you cant happy birthday

*balanced and fun

Not really.
Game no longer requires rootkit.
Rootkit is till on your system if you got it, need to use a new tool they released today to remove it.

Go back to reddít

maybe momentarily while fighting against mika

because i prefer playing blazblue

I don't use reddit and never have. although neo-Cred Forums is essentially reddit 2.0

kys

i didnt launch sf5 the day that happened and i waited until the fix before launching it.

I dont have the rootkit do I? What folder did it go into?

no you won't

You're safe.
But if that worried you then I'd urge you to not play the game, the fact that they did this is incredibly worrying and there's no telling what else they'll do to your system.

This is why all smashfags are autist and mentally retarded,you'll never know hot to play properfighting games and always be a poor 5 year old scrub

i dont think thats necessary. This wasnt done maliciously it was done out of incompetence. I doubt Capcom is trying to hide secret files on my PC. That would put them in legal hot water and for what? To stop some people from getting easy FM.

They wouldnt do that.

>Using facebook memes
Fuck off autist

>There STILL isn't a fighting game better than Melty Blood

>>>/reddít/

>This wasnt done maliciously it was done out of incompetence
That makes it even scarier.

>They wouldn't do that
THEY JUST DID THAT.
This is the shit sony got sued over only MORE dangerous.

meltyautist are the smashfags or fighting games

>Do nithing automatically reverses throws
>Deep gameplay
don't be retarded plz

ggs EU lobby, gotta get some sleep.

I'd say that's MvC3 players personally

Absolute shit at actual fighting games so they gravitate towards the game that lets them completely circumvent 90% of what fighting games are about

There's nothing sadder than someone who learned fighting games on Marvel trying to play another fighting game

Melty is a very good game, memes aside.
I should ask the discord for more games sometime, I haven't given it the time it deserves.

at this point you really are just scaremongering

> I doubt Capcom is trying to hide secret files on my PC.
>THEY JUST DID THAT.
No they didn't, you don't seem to understand what actually happened. Plus if they did try the same thing again people know not to give the program permission when asked. So are you suggesting they are just going to put a random virus in your PC now?

Because capcom is shit, street fighter hasn't been fun since 3rd strike, and fighting games are dead.
Here's hoping tekken 7 starts a trend of new fighters (hopefully 3d) even though they shilled out to street fighter and added akuma.

But they are letting the game die

>Absolute shit at actual fighting games so they gravitate towards the game that lets them completely circumvent 90% of what fighting games are about
Are we talking about anime like melty now?

>using discord for any reason, at all, ever
>using Cred Forums discord channels

hahaha holy fuck you autistic retard, discord has a worse audio codec than fucking Roger Wilco which has existed since 1999, and everyone that uses discord is a fucking meme spouting autist or a normalfag, neither of whom belong on Cred Forums

It's not a Cred Forums discord retard.

>using Cred Forums discord channels
>A discord where you have to have a name for anonymous image board
what?

If you play any game other than SFV, you will find that the majority of the communities have moved onto Discord, making it the most reliable place for matchmaking by far. Every game has a general Discord that's used for setting up online tournaments, character discussion, and to find people to play against.

To be fair marvel is basically an anime game when you get down to it

still doesn't save you from being a cringey autist for using discord in the first place, it's the MLP of voice chat software

did you literally show up here yesterday and miss the 2 straight months of faggots shilling the Cred Forums discord?

Capcom told you to turn off your AV and give their game admin permission so that they could install unsecure software that allows basically anybody to run kernel code on your system.
Without telling anyone about what was actually being installed.

In what world is that not trying to hide secret files on your pc

>you will find that the majority of the communities have moved onto Discord
nah, Steam is fine. I ain't using the MLP of voice chat programs

>meme spouting autist or a normalfag, neither of whom belong on Cred Forums
user...

>being this new
moot in the otakon 2005 panel not only coined the term normalfag, but laid down the fact that Cred Forums was made for NEETs and normalfags were not allowed.

When they told you

>Steam
>Fighting games

You aren't supposed to go full retard.

The only cringey autist is the one sperging out over a software that's used by the majority of the FGC to organise matches and share tech.

Like, you realise people don't even use the VOIP aspect, right?

Steam groups are fucking dead in comparison to different fighting game Discords in literally every single instance. The vast majority of the Melty community is on Discord, so those who want to actually play it instead of just shitpost enter it to find people to play with.

I swear to god you have to be ridiculously out of touch with the scene to not know this. It doesn't matter what sort of retarded stigma you have against Discord, because every other player is using it, so when playing dead anime games, you better go for what you can get rather than bitch about people not using Mumble or whatever.

>Capcom told you to turn off your AV and give their game admin permission
Which everyone would now be suspicious of and not just click

>Without telling anyone about what was actually being installed.
They did post an update that they were going to install a new anti cheat system, it was not a secret

>In what world is that not trying to hide secret files
Because it wasn't a secret, which is why it blew up so quick

And you didn't even address half my post, or user before who was obviously referring to them installing some other random file

So a day after everyone threw a collective shitfit about a mass distributed SIGNED driver that opens backdoors on your PC?

>No they didn't, you don't seem to understand what actually happened.
Either you are retarded or you are the guy who made the rootkit.
>Which everyone would now be suspicious of and not just click
Have you never used a PC before?

Because my GPU can't handle the game even at like 800x600 with everything lowered.

I have $40 to my name and I need it for new shoes, not a GPU. FGC is poverty, right guys?

>So a day after everyone
they posted on steam they were doing it before you dumb fuck

>meme spouting autist or a normalfag, neither of whom belong on Cred Forums

INFILTRATION HAS JUST BEEN SEND TO LOSERES BY A BR HUE
I REPEAST

THE KING HAS FALLEN TO A MONKEY

Anyone know where I can get Evo SFV Top 8: SKill + Mike Ross edition? Can't find that shit anywhere on the web

Please point me to the post in which capcom states they're going to install malicious software on your system.

Anonymous (ID: CkgnrICa) and Anonymous (ID: l3P9fafa) both of your ID's have been added to the list of people I will permaban when my application for mod is accepted.

Because i play like shit when hungover

steamcommunity.com/games/310950/announcements/detail/832427843307776226

But I guess that isn't good enough for you cause they didn't say they are going to come around to your house and beat your desktop with baseball bats.

I wonder what happened to all those other points you had, they seem to have disappeared. Or are you gonna use the not the same guy tech?

Lmao. Remy isn't useless cause he's a fireball character. He's useless cause he has no damage outside of his super. His fireball game is really good thanks to charge buffering and charge partitioning. He also has a good rush down game.

There's also good Remy users such as You Twomoon and Pierrot.

It also doesn't help that as of the newest tier list Remy is considered the worst character in the game.

Now please shut the fuck up cause you have no idea what you're talking about.

they never said that because it wasnt malicious. It had potential for someone to abuse it maliciously because it could have potentially opened a security hole.

And before you claim its the same thing, malice is defined by intent.

You cannot seriously be this fucking stupid.

It's literally copy pasted from a malware site.

>It's literally copy pasted from a malware site
No it isn't, some guyon twitter is the only one who claimed that cause he said a file had a similar name