ITT: Series that are clearly the best of their genres

ITT: Series that are clearly the best of their genres.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n8HwZsnaeKY
youtube.com/watch?v=izZJ4UXbhB0
youtube.com/watch?v=eA-ic5fePTA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you start OP

go play more Omikron, Pat

What is GT the best at exactly? As far as simcades go Forza is legions better nowadays.

In terms of sims? As much as GT likes to call itself a sim, it really isnt. Just about ANY PC simulator shits on it.

>GT
>not assetto corsa

do you even dorifuto?

youtube.com/watch?v=n8HwZsnaeKY

Forza is garbage for Dorito/Dew children.

>cartoons govern muh judgements!

Worthless weeb. Disgusting filth. Die.

Ut2k4

That is the gayest music you could have possibly chosen to make your point

>Not 1999
>Not Quake 3
You tried.

As a simcade its a much better overall package than GT, GT is fucking wank in comparison.

Talking like a true sony pony.

So basically you're a delusional Sonycuck. GT5 or 6 is not even sim, it's worse than Forza 6 in every way.

Don't forget

>half the car models are ripped straight from the PS2 version

Gran turismo went fucking downhill since GT4 and its still going to shit.

If "the second stage" of gran turismo (which might not come out until 2019 or 2020) fixes EVERYTHING wrong with the saga, its gonna fucking die.

At this point there is nothing GT does that Forza doesn't do better apart from the japanese aesthetics.

GT:
>60fps
>extreme variety of car choice
>handling is realistic and demands competency

Forza:
>30fps
>LOL WARTHOG
>nbd who wants realism anyways

Honestly the worst thing in GT are the vacuum cleaner car sounds, even the new GT sport sounds like fucking shit and only has like 140 cars.

Forza 6 is 60fps shitty b8

Someone is going to fall for this.

>Irrelevant since 2003: The series
>Meanwhile PC has the game real race drivers use to practice on

NEVER EVER Sonyfags

Well I'm glad your casual series managed to get at least one game in 60fps!
It's a shame the game you cucks are sucking off isn't the same.

GT was the best in the PS1/2 days. But it's been overtaken by pretty much every other series.

The problem is Kazunori Yamauchi spends so much time making each one, by the the time it's released it's already several years behind what's already come out.

In the gap between the release of GT4 and GT5, Turn10 was able to release the first THREE Forza games. That gave them opportunities to learn with each iteration and improve. By the time GT5 actually came out, it was still based on what Yamauchi thought made a good PS2 game.

>racing game you have to pay monthly to play
>a good thing

>GT
>60FPS

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=izZJ4UXbhB0

Forza 5 is also 60FPS

What's Horizon 3 by the way, a game several years later?

So as of now what is forza 6 apex missing that forza 6 on Xbox has? I really don't want to buy an xbone since that's the only game I want on it.

You don't compare Horizon with GT retard, if you want to compare a Forza game to GT you have to compare it with a Forza Motorsport game.

More kek

Okay.

GT was the best of its genre until the ps3 existed

>comparing an outdated entry
>only 2 cars only 2 tracks
lol keep baiting

>Forza players are better than GT players

Thanks for proving GT is for dudebro casuals

Meanwhile PC still rapes it in all holes in racing sims. Sonyqueers BTFO

HSHSHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Your blind fanboyism is disgusting.

Sims better and more realistic than Gran Turismo since GT3 released

NASCAR Racing 2003
rFactor
iRacing
Project CARS

Show me a GT game with comparable physics and endorsement from real world drivers like these games

You can't

>more realistic
Explain. I never see a valid argument on the Internet about that.

Deal with it Splinter Cell fags

GT has good physics but the racing is abysmal. Also focusing on shit that doesn't matter when they work on new games (i.e. 3d, stars in the sky wow) and 6+ development times to make new games

also it takes a year for them to implement the features that should be in the game from day 1

This. The only true sims would be the likes of assetto corsa or iRacing. I don't see why they advertise GT like that

>I don't see why they advertise GT like that
Because it is.

Look nobody provide arguments

Why should we provide arguments? its not rocket science to know in one game cars behave more like the real counterparts, allow for more freedom of modification, could have better graphics or more vehicles/tracks/Content and allow for more options.

Going from an actual simulator on PC like iRacing or rFactor to GT and you can really feel the difference, its laughable to call GT a sim. Its a sim in the sense that CoD and Battlefield are military sims or Ace Combat being a flight sim.

>no simulation style damage
>no comprehensive online system
>no multi monitor support
>runs unlocked at below 60fps
>barebones tuning model

as a racing sim it is the single worst one out there, as a racing game it pales because it has such a garbage online mode

even the purest of past times in a racing sim, time trial leaderboards, are incomprehensible and fucked beyond belief

>i know, lets put all times on the leaderboard regardless of car class, and make you search between individual cars but cant filter between tuned/untuned times

the whole game is only good for casual scum, the single only good thing the series has ever done was let me use my g27 wheel with most of the games. even then the force feedback is garbage as well and doesnt match up with whats happening on screen

>Assetto corsa
>Sim
Heh.
I almost do nothing but sim race, but assetto corsa is all over the place.Manufacturers have stepped in and told kunos to "Fix" cars to be more fun to drive. Most notable examples are the 458 and the MP4-12C. The 650s and AMG GT have almost copy pasted physics on them, despite being completely different cars apart from the engines. Breaking the game and using impossible tyre pressures gives you amazing levels of grip. They have changed the tyre model 8 times since the greenlight, and each time they say it's the ultimate, realistic and whatever behavior. And while this last one is a personal gripe, I don't need 20 lotuses, they are there to make the roster look big.

RFactor might be old, and RF2 almost barren, but they are much better. IRacing is ok, but they fucked up with random things and the pricing is ridiculous.

the pricing and montlhly fee on iracing puts me out.

rFactor its dated but it has mods and runs anywhere. But the mods suck and have no consistent quality.

Thank god rFactor its in active dev and seems to get good shit.

>The 650s and AMG GT have almost copy pasted physics on them, despite being completely different cars apart from the engines.

I should clarify that the copy-paste physics are from the MP4-12C and the SLS respectively.

youtube.com/watch?v=eA-ic5fePTA

This dude knows his shit, and if you want some weeb in your racing the AE86 club 2.49 is top fun, if you can get the cars around without dying(80s brakes and tires + no aero= Real man's car). They also got the Cred Forums seal of approval(webm related).

You summed up my feelings about GT perfectly.

Personally, I like NFS more than any other car game because I want ridiculous Initial D drifts to be practical and easier to pull off, and I hate the aesthetic of driving in any setting but near a city at night, preferably after raining. And since EA's games are the only ones that can have classic 911s, that's a bonus too.

Honestly i just want a mod that adds street cars without base drift bullshit 800 hp crap, stance, etc.

I can find street maps or open maps on my own, but i really want NORMAL street cars mod.

And that's not it.

I tried GT4 little ago and it felt dated as fuck.

Even GT6, being as bad as it is, might still be better than any other GT as of right now (taking out the "back in the day" factor and the nostalgia factor).

But still, other than the japanese aesthetics (which i am SERIOUSLY into, tho) Forza does everything better. That's not to say forza is perfect either, i believe that the insane amount of engine swaps in forza takes the fun out of trying to make the best out of the stock engine of a Honda Beat or a Capuccino.

There isn't a lot of stuff for that sadly. There's the C6, the NSX and the supra afaik.

This
Tried to replay GT3 A Spec not to long ago and I had to put it down after just a few races. I can't believe I used to enjoy it.
Even old NFS holds up better than GT

Starcraft by a landslide.

i bought this for gt type game. dun i goofed???

>rally track has clear fps issues but it doesn't really hinder gameplay because its just screen tearing.
>All other tracks run at 55-60fps with some of the best graphics for its time.

Id say they did fine

>Even old NFS holds up better than GT
Yeah, no.