“Donkey Kong Country proves that players will put up with mediocre gameplay as long as the art is good.”

>“Donkey Kong Country proves that players will put up with mediocre gameplay as long as the art is good.”

Was he right?

Pretty sure that's a fake qoute.

Nah. He was jealous that an American company did a Donkey Kong game better than a Japanese one.

If Miyamoto headed the DK project, he'd just make carbon copies of the original Donkey Kong game.

I dont know, i just want to see if this picture works with the hats

No, he's wrong. I didn't put up with that game.

Fuck I forgot the hat is only on the OP

I think this quote is fake but the statement is certainly true, look at the Uncharted series.

I don't think it's fake, but Miyamoto later claimed it was taken sort of out of context because he was pissed that Nintendo was badgering him about making SMW2 more like DKC. He liked DKC, he was just under many stressors at the time and Rare's excellent graphics work seemed to be the source of many of them.

The statement is true, but it definitely doesn't apply to DKC. Hell, sometimes the art doesn't need to be good. Just look at all the brown-colored "realistic" FPSes that popped up in the late 2000s to capitalize on Modern Warfare's success (including the following CoD games).

>Sony / Microsoft / Valve / EA say something shitty
>I KNEW IT THOSE COMPANIES ARE THE FUCKING WORST BANKRUPT WHEN

>Nintendo says something shitty
>It's fake / it was taken out of context / what they really meant was .........

Like clockwork

>Rare
>American

yeah...

sure...

It's true for a certain new Mario game.

Yet he made Yoshi's Island.

t. retard

how do we kill miyamoto

>American
I'm literally triggered

step 1. drink bleach

>Gaming was a mistake
t.Tanabe

What did he mean by this?

looking at the state of game industry now (muh grafix!) I would say yes

The quote was about Wind Waker. And in that case he was right.