Bulletstorm remaster to be published by gearbox

Bulletstorm remaster to be published by gearbox.

What do you think about this?

web.archive.org/web/20160930165058/http://gematsu.com/2016/09/bulletstorm-full-clip-edition-rated-ps4-xbox-one-pc-brazil

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SH0KH9F4He8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens:_Colonial_Marines#Development
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No one will buy it because no one gave a fuck about BS

Who cares about the publisher?
The real question is will it be free to people who own the original bulletstorm on Ste----
>gearbox
oh right, that's why i care.

it was fucking awesome though

3 years into this gen and still getting ports, welp

>Gearbox remastering another one of their games
>Instead of working on Borderlands 3 or trying to get Battleborn fixed up and more prominent
Was Bulletstorm even any good? It was one of those games I never got around to playing and never really heard anything about.

Bulletstorm was done by People Can Fly, not Gearbox as I recall.

This reeks of "pick up a property for cheap, remaster it, and bring in some easy cash" which has historically not worked well for Gearbox.

>Gearbox
>clip
I don't know what is worse.

>bulletstorm: full clip edition
>full clip edition
>full clip
>clip

It wasn't awesome. It was a fun concept only slightly obscuring a horribly mediocre core game with a bad plot, bad graphics and very generic pacing and locations. The whole wacky gore combo element is fairly basic and doesn't really add that much. The game was also very short.

Everyone really is cashing in on the remaster hype right now huh

>welp
It's not 2014 anymore. we say "wew" now if you're going to be a sheep.

>trying to get Battleborn fixed up
let it go, man

they gonna take the sexist humor out of the game

On the one hand I like Bulletstorm, and if People Can Fly could in any way benefit from me buying this I would want that. On the other hand I fucking hate Gearbox

Sounds like a cheap inexpensive way to recoup their battleborn disaster.

Wew lad, now that the dust has settled can we all agree that op is a faggot
t. Very original and up to date user

It was okay. Nothing super special but some characters were fun, shooting was solid and the graphics and style were actually pretty nice.
The humor was a bit hit or miss but the game wasn't trying to be too serious about itself so I'll give it a pass.

might buy the PC version once it goes on sale

Will the PC version even have any improvements?

Bulletstorm was hardly a big success, it's more of a sleeper hit / cult classic. I don't even know why they'd do this... or how they got the rights to this

This

>clip

people can fly owns the series, gearbox is just publishing the remaster

Another game I won't be buying in the hopes that Gearbox dies already.

>Bulletstorm
>looked cool
>fucked up by EA and GFWL
>GFWL dies
>Bulletstorm not patched to remove GFWL
>Bulletstorm remake
>Gearbox
fuck Gearbox

>the funding is "mysteriously" funneled to other gearbox projects

youtube.com/watch?v=SH0KH9F4He8

Bulletstorm dialogue was all about dicks, what about remastered one?

> Poorly sold 7th gen FPS remaster released seven years before original
honestly just baffles me

Was just about to post this. Come on.

>finally get more love for Bulletstorm
>it's a Gearbox remaster with a misnomer title

The worst part is that you know they're going to outsource the game to some third world devs like they did with Colonel Marines so they can pocket the money for their next Borderlands. It's going to kill Bulletstorm and we were so close to Gearbox's bankruptcy.

I'd rather have a new fucking game. This gen is absolute trash.

>Bad graphics
>Generic locations

Now you're just pretending

I loved bs1 and I was very sad when the sequel got canned it was one of the funniest and stupidest fps ever right up there with dn3d

Fuck gearbox tho

Short campaign, humor was over the top sometimes. Interesting gameplay, decent use of the environment in combat, and a pretty good setting.

6.5/10, in my book. Worth playing at least once.

I certainly hope Gearbox doesn't think I'm going to be spending money on something they made.

I've played various games by them going all the way back to Road to Hill 30. None of them have ever been very fun, and occasionally they've been unplayably glitchy.

I fucking loved Bulletstorm, but I'm not going to buy it again.

>Want to replay game
>Remember that part with the remote dinosaur

>released seven years before original
What?

I loved Bulletstorm! It had mediocre mechanics and gameplay, the most stupid plot and characters, but the graphics were great and it was a fuckton of fun to play.

Before it came out people were like "looks meh, unoriginal, nothing new, highscore combo shooter" but actually playing it was pretty fucking sweet. Much like with Overwatch where people said it's just a clone with stolen ideas and mechanics, but in the end it turned out pretty good.

That's just me though and I'm probably one of the only 3 people who played Bulletsorm when it came out on PC. People weren't asking for a remake though, don't know why they would dig up old corpses. They're wasting their time on a game that only a few people actually bought. Might have something to do with keeping the license for the franchise? No clue.

>con people to buy underpowered overpriced pcs
>release only """remasters""" of games from the previous system

You can't even make this shit up

I fucking loved Bulletstorm, but it didn't sell that well in the first place, so who is it aimed at?

better buy the EA version from the store before fucking Gearbox permanently removes it for their fucking remaster
I swear to god this shit should be illegal

>inb4 Gearbox insert their shitty meme-humor

>CLIP

genuine question how the fuck can gearbox afford all of this, didn't they say they spent most of their borderlands money on battleborn? better companies have gone bankrupt over a single flop, how do these fucking shitheads continue to thrive? their games are extremely low quality, the only time their original IPs become interesting is when they hand them to someone else more competent.

ASA is investigating No Man's Sky, did they look into Aliens Colonial Marines? Or Duke Nukem Forever?

>Trishka is now a lesbian who speaks in ebonics and references internet humour

I don't give a shit. It's a mediocre game.

>did they look into Aliens Colonial Marines
I think at least one government false advertsing body did. I think Sega tried to sue them as well (but I can't remember if that was just internet shittalk)

from wikipedia:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens:_Colonial_Marines#Development
>Lawsuit
>The suit, filed in April 2013 by Roger Damion Perrine and John Locke on behalf of a class, claimed that Gearbox and Sega falsely advertised Aliens: Colonial Marines by showing demos at trade shows like PAX and E3 that were not ultimately accurate representations of the final product. Sega has suggested settling the lawsuit from their part and agreed to pay 1.25 million dollars.[37] The lawsuit lost class-action status and Gearbox was dropped from the case in 2015.[38]

Wonder how much money they needed to steal for memelands 3?

Why would companies continue to trust them after this which came after the disastrous flop that was DNF?

They made Borderlands which was fun because it was incredibly stupid and over-the-top, which made it fun at the time, but in the time since Borderlands 1 friggin nations have risen and fallen, and they are still around making mediocre bargain bin games. I think they may have managed success in the past when renting games was a thing, and you had Borderlands up on the shelf of your local rogers video or blockbuster

but they've made a huge number of flops and still keep getting valuable or even iconic IPs given to them

Eh, I dunno. I mean Bulletstorm was only slightly better than your average military shooter, and I already own it, plus I don't wanna give any money to Gearbox.

Maybe if it's actually a good remaster and not the lazy Bioshock shit, I'll pick it up at some point when it's cheap.

>make a short game that mocks Call of Duty for it's boring weapons, bloody screen and linear levels
>release a game that has all of that

Shame really, I was hoping the game would be more like Painkiller. At least Call of Duty actually let you jump.

hope they make physics and gunplay better, this game was too boring with its "kick enemy into X 100 times" gameplay

>google the interview
>face of a teenager
>voice of adult Jodie

I don't know why my dick is diamonds.

kek underated

They also made Blue Shift and Opposing Force, as well as the whole Brothers In Arms series. So up until just after the first Borderlands they were pretty decent. But somehow they just went full retard since.

>Yet another last gen remaster
Holy shit, stop that

Remasters are cheap therefore easily profitable

And, honestly, it'll be nice to get a tidied up modernised version of the game. No GWFL bullshit on Steam will be nice.

I think People Can Fly are hoping they can get some value out of the IP but I suspect they'll be disappointed. The game flopped for a reason.

>remastering a game thats basically duke nukem forever tier

HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!

Gearbox are probably just doing them a favour by setting them up with dev boxes and QA and developer support shit rather than being a traditional publisher. It's a massive pain in the ass being a small studio trying to do this shit on your own.

>Gearbox

MAYBE GEARBOX HAVE OUTSOURCED DEVELOPMENT OF A NEW DUKE NUKEM GAME TO PEOPLE CAN FLY BASED AROUND THEIR PREPRODUCTION SHIT FOR BULLETSTORM 2.

This has to be the worst remaster I've heard of yet.

Bulletstorm is fucking terrible.

It has no humor, the story never stops taking itself seriously and at the same time nothing ever happens, glitches like crazy.

Wasn't Bulletstorm published by Epic?

Epic let People Can Fly keep the Bulletstorm IP when they went independent.

Has really enough time passed for a Bulletstorm remake?
Between this, the Halo rereleases, Bioshock and CoD getting remaster versions, I'm starting to feel really old.

It's not a remake, it's a port.

>"remasters" of 2 year old games

When will this fad die?

It won't because they're cheap to make and easily profitable. Just don't buy them if you don't like them. It's nice to have good games ported to a more modern platform.

I'll probably end up buying this for $5 in a year or two in a PSN sale.

I think Gearbox is bleeding money and need anything to scrap by.

I can only wish they die soon.

What is there to remaster? It's one fucking generation old.

blame shit backwards compatibility support
Ninja Gaiden 2 and Black for XBone when

the amount of money gearbox would get to remaster a game shouldn't be nearly as much as making a whole new game right?

And Digital Distribution and online retailers.

Most games didn't used to sell after a few months and retailers didn't want to keep stock. Now you can just discount shit and things will sell, making it a low-risk proposition.

Who cares, it was a mediocre at best game that was never going to get a sequel

>developed Painkiller
>developed Bulletstorm

Name ONE good reason why they wouldn't be the perfect developers to do Duke Nukem 5

Because Randy is an unfunny faggot.

Same. Remakes and remasters are as bad as early access and day 1 dlc

Why? They literally don't negatively effect people who don't buy them in any way.

What about Homeworld?

a clip can't be full?

what would you call it once it reaches it's maximum capacity? saturated?

no magazine tomfoolery pls

>Full Clip Edition

if you live in germany and it is till the cut-version donĀ“t buy it.