Why did Dark Souls 3 fail so miserably?

Dark Souls 2:

>Hey you know, I feel like doing some PvP. I'll hit the arenas.
>Hey I beed a break from the arenas, I'll hit the fight club at Iron Keep bridge.
>Hey I'm bored of the fight clubs, I'll do some red invades.
>Well red invades aren't very fun, I keep invading noobs just trying to play through the PvE. I can see why people like it but it's not my thing.
>I'll go stand in Belfy Luna and invade and get invaded and earn Ore while I'm at it.
>Time to take a break from Luna, let's go to Sol.
>Ahhh, I'm tired of this too, let's blue invade all over the world.
>This is fun, I get to PvP all over the game, and I get to punish people for invading noobs.
>look at bonfire map, see several outline indicators displaying which areas have the most players in them atm
>Go stand in those areas with delicate string and dried finger active
>Periodically get invaded in between blue invades
>Fighting all over the game, wherever I want, punishing sinners, drawing sinners to my world, whenever I get bored of one style of PvP I go back to doing arenas, fight clubs, bell tower, etc.

Dark Souls 3:
>Hey you know, I feel like doing some PvP
>wow they really limited the PvP this time around...
>I guess I'll fight club?
>well that got boring fast, I guess I'll blue invade and punish sinners?
>oh, that doesn't exist anymore, I guess I'll dried finger and wait to be invaded?
>oh, I can't because I've already cleared the game and you can't be invaded after you've cleared the area
>Well I guess I'll red invade... oh wow it's a 1v4 and each enemy rolls behind his three teammates and chugs the moment I land one blow on him episode...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pQ6RecDK_pA
youtube.com/watch?v=5WuBZX94mGw
youtube.com/watch?v=8WgxDm_kKkQ
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/5jMZJsnsuJ8NObFoOzTX2A/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because of the complaints that where directed at 2 they decided to completely ignore it's existence when making 3, so all the improvements from that game are gone.

I liked it Although the PvP was far superior in DS2

>It's another DaS2 falshflag thread

The boring linear DS3 campaign is only worth playing a single time. After that the only replayability the game has is pvp.

I can understand neutering red invasions to provide a safe space for PvE players (actually I can't because this is dark souls why the fuck is there a safe space) but why are there no options for people who consent to PvP? At least bring blue invading back so I can invade people who actively engage in the PvP aspects of the game rather than invading shitters in their safe space with 3 phantoms.

>I feel like playing Dark Souls 2, let's make a new character
>oh right the whole game is boring shit that looks and feels awful and is filled with poorly designed trash levels
PVPfags are cancer.

fpbp

>I feel like replaying DS3
>Oh wait the game is linear, I can't get anything for my build until the end of the game, and the game actually is garbage.

>Oh wait the game is linear
How so? There are a few different paths you can go down from a relatively early spot.

>while making 3

I think you mean "while remaking 1" because all 3 did was rehash 1 complete with copy pasted areas, npcs, and majority of armor and weapons. Including the same exact poorly animated movesets of weapons from 1.

The branching paths in DS2 hold no value because every one of those paths is just another ugly square hallway through sloppily designed enemy encounters. At least in DS3 the trip to your precious end game gear is fun and the levels are big and filled with enough alternative ways and shortcuts to discover.

DS3 has literally 1 small area that is a reskin from the first game. Every other location, even when they're supposed to be an old location, has a completely new look and layout.

And I don't get the complain about rehashing armor and weapon since one of the most common complaints I see are "why didn't they bring [x armor set/weapon] back????". Perhaps they should have actually included literally every single set and weapon from the previous games.

just play demons souls brah LOL

The complaint against the environments is that each area is reminiscent of past environments from other Souls games, with a few exceptions. It's a little disappointing that we don't get to explore really any "new" kind of areas in DS3".

Bloodborne was released and people realized how shitty the Souls games are after getting a taste of the superior game.

Souls series are like a flame dying away. Slowly turning to lukewarm embers.

im new to the game.
just defeated the dancer. i would like to help out other players. i should join the warrior of sunlight covenant then? how does it work? can i put my summon sign next to early bosses and help out newer players?

That comic was garbage lol

Too bad Bloodborne is a downgrade on Souls' gameplay and your fastpaced bullshit ended up fucking up DS3 as well.

Yes but you can do it without being in the sunbros covenant.

To be frank, as much as I love the Souls games DS3 is my jumping off point: They've just been coming out too quickly, and it's stating to show.

Is it limited to a level bracket or can characters of all levels summon me?
Do you usually go afk until you get summoned? How long does it usually take given the game has been out for a while

>At least in DS3 the trip to your precious end game gear is fun
name a good area in ds3

>starting*

Lothric

That's basically it, everywhere else is bland and fucking pointless. Irithyll maybe but even that area is just uninspired and linear as fuck, literally no reason to branch from the main path and that's my real problem with DaS3, there are shortcuts and shit but basically no reason to get them because you only use them one time anyway.

The three things that killed it for me were
>Every invasion is a gank squad. Every. Single. One. Oh btw we've removed every single advantage invaders ever had in the series too.
>Continuing the tradition of putting additional filters on multiplayer that do nothing but hurt the game
>Hey, lets put in a mechanic where if a player hits another, their weapons automatically combo breaks after two hits, regardless of what kind of weapon it is. Hey, lets make it so being hit by multiple people at once nullifies that mechanic. Hey, lets put this mechanic in a game where you're constantly fighting multiple people by yourself. That sounds fun

Also special mention for a problem that's not the developers fault
>Hey, lets set up and advertise the primary fight club location to be in a covenant invasion zone. Surely nobody would be unhappy with this decision.

Cathedral of the Deep, Undead Settlement, Grand Archives, Irithyll, and both Lothric areas were pretty solid.

Good thing it's the last one. Well, the last one by Miyazaki, so the last one that matters anyway. No way bandai namco will let souls die, seeing 3 made all that money

Dark Souls 3 is great though.
It's only behind DaS 1 when it comes to pvp build variety and world interconnectedness.

Let's be frank, Dark Souls 4 or some "new" ip in the same gameplay style is an inevitability at this point. If they do make another one, take a few years to make it really solid.

>want to replay DaS3
>just kidding even though I've played through all the games multiple times I have no desire to play DaS3 again

It just sucks cock, I played it through at a friends and don't even want to buy it or anything.

Considering the fact that Miyazaki is a fucking hack who did nothing but copy paste souls 1 god fucking bless. I will never play a game that shitty zipperhead faggot touches again.

Farron Keep, Smouldering Lake, and Consumed King's Garden are literally the only bad areas in the game. Everything else is between good to perfect.

>Irithyll
>good

hate this meme, sure that first scenic shot was beautiful but the area was a boring corridor of annoying groups of enemies

High Wall, Undead Settlement, Cathedral of the Deep, Irithyll Dungeon, Lothric Castle and Grand Archives. And those are only the best. The rest are either too short to count or just "decent". Farron Keep is ruined by the lack of a rusted ring, otherwise I would rank it highly as well.

>Farron Keep is ruined by the lack of a rusted ring
Use the twin daggers.

>It just sucks cock
This is always the most convincing argument. Thanks for your insight.

>some new ip in the same style

Don't lump FROM's new ips in with the shitty sequels, they're completely different. Notice how Miyazaki has been heavily involved with every new ip and how they've all been great. Then look at the Souls sequels where he was co-director at most and how they weren't as good as the other ips. Even going from Demons Souls to Dark Souls you can see how unique they are at least in setting and certain mechanics, while the Souls sequels are just wannabes

do people still play pvp in ds3?

>boring corridor
>right after that boring corridor is the chapel that opens up to other areas leading to the dungeons or anor londo

The thing I hate about Consumed King's Garden is how short it is.

It's still pretty active, yes. There's always people at Pontiff's backyard.

Spotted the PCuck.

>fail so miserably?

Stop trying to fit in user, it is embarrassing.

Wait and see. From has trained me to wait for the complete edition and that's what I'm doing. I can't be alone in that.

Depends on the area. You can still get invaded a decent bit, though the odds of it happening solo are kinda slim unless you use the finger.

Who keeps creating this DS2 shitposting threads?

I'm including Bloodborne in there, because while I enjoy the game a fair bit it's part of the reason why the Souls gameplay style is beginning to wear thin for me: DS3, BB, and DS3 came out annually

keyword: leads to other areas

aka not shitty Irithyll

There was no point to argue in the post I was replying to, what do you expect? Do you want me to type out some long reply to some user that just says

>wanna play 2 then remember it's shit XD

Do you want the real reason 3 sucks cock? Because in 3 you can pick the knight class at the get go and never be underpowered unless you gimp yourself. You come out fast rolling in heavy armor and one hitting hollows and the straight sword you start with is literally one of the best weapons in the game.

It didn't.

/thread

You could do the same thing in DS2 if you started as a Cleric. That mace wrecked shit.

>irithyll dungeons
>not part of irithyll
>anything after the cathedral bonfire up to sulyvahn
>not part of irithyll

TL;DR
>Hey, I'll go fight other players.

By that logic I guess we could call the previous games shit as well because you can always just pick the Sorcerer class and steamroll through the game without any problems.

simple question
I have over 300 hours in DS which I bought for 5 bucks on steam last black friday sale.

Is it true 2 and 3 dont have a connected open world that allows sequence breaking?

BB was good as fuck though even with the games coming out annually it felt fresh and you can tell it's what Miyazaki was working on immediately after Dark Souls instead of spending time with 2. Bloodborne definitely felt like a breath of fresh air, all my friends that played 3 were pretty dissapointed and whenever I talk to them about it they say "it just isn't Bloodborne" which is exactly how I feel.

3 does, 2 does not.

Not really. The world design is more segmented, and less like the "3D Symphony of the Night" world of DS1.

They kind of had to make it short to balance out their retarded toxic gimmick

if they could have taken that out and made it a full area it would be great. The enemies still would suck ass either way though.

why the hell was that mace so OP anyway? I only ever started Cleric in 2 but after actually trying it with another class, that mace really is retarded.

DS2 has a single major roadblock, DS3 is so linear it might as well be a corridor.

We'll have to agree to disagree, then. I felt like Bloodborne wasn't different enough from the other Souls games.

You can in but the boss you have to fight to do it is going to give you a bad time and they have one spot locked up until you defeat the other lords first.

The only reason Lothric is good is because it's practically a rehashed smaller Latria.

>steamroll with sorcerer

Early game with sorcerer can be difficult and even then you at least have to manage your spells and can't make too many mistakes. DaS3 with knight class just never feels like a challenge, I never felt underpowered personally which is a big theme of these games.

The mace was fast, had a great combo, and delt the most damage in general because a majority of enemies were weak to strike.

Get over it. They chose to set it in the general vicinity if dark souls 1, but several years into the future. It still had better level design, aesthetics, graphics and enemy placement than ShitHoles 2.

You mean Boletaria? I agree Boletaria is the best castle area in these games.

I guess. I thought the gameplay changes to BB were very significant and the atmosphere changes were great as well. Thinking about it now, I'd say Yharnam is on equal ground with Boletaria in terms of the "castle/city" level design.

>DaS2
alright I'm out of fucking cracked reds fighting ganksquads time to grind fucking boring as shit arena again where everyone sips constantly and there's pretty much no punishment for it
>DaS3
if I get bored invading here I can just go to another area, if there's ganksquads/sippers I actually do a lot of damage so it's not ridiculously impossible to 1v3 like it is in DaS2
do people forget there were constant ganksquads in 2 and you didn't even have iframes when backstabbing? not to mention everyone had twice as much health and damage was shitty which is why everyone went dark magic/stunlock builds

Knight is arguably the best class for every build. It gives you all the physical stats you need to not be weighed down by so you can just focus all your shit onto the stats for the build you want.

Anyone else here just about genocided the entire game? Kinda cool running through everything with no enemy resistance.

youtube.com/watch?v=pQ6RecDK_pA

>das2
>PvP
>with fucking Soul Memory
L M A O
M
A
O

>Get over it.
Nice argument.
>It still had better level design, aesthetics, graphics and enemy placement than ShitHoles 2.
Did I say otherwise? I just pointed out how people were disappointed in the lack of new environment themes. I'm sorry your burning autism can't accept that not everyone will think your favorite game is flawless.

In dark souls 1 you can get the zweihander from the graveyard and destroy everything in the game.

In dark souls 2 you can get the rapier from the blacksmith and destroy everything in the game.

This is true if DaS2 DLC is excluded. As far as vanilla DaS2 goes, the world design was more interesting and at least felt somewhat unique compared to the others.

At least Knights still have to get close and personal and do basic rolling and shit.

Sorcerers shoot blue instadeath spears from a far, easy mode activated. Unless you're a braindead idiot who wastes all of your soul spears by shooting them at walls or something, there's absolutely nothing challenging with a magic build, even at the beginning. That's actually something DS3 improved, you actually have to put some effort in with a magic build this time. Some people took that as a flaw, but I can't sympathize with them at all after experiencing a sorc run in the previous games.

Farming cracked reds in general was a fucking mistake, both DaS and DaS3 have a red orb so there's literally no excuse to not have it

Dark Souls PVP is fucking cancer.

Can you actually do it this time?

I tried it in DS1 and enemies just respawned back after travelling through a few maps.

/thread

>zweihander

There is at least risk to getting it and using it considering how slow it is. The thing about 3's starting knight sword is its so fast that it does more damage than heavy swords and because poise is different you can stagger the fuck out of everything immediately. I've never fucked with the rapier in 2 so I don't know, but even then at least you have to do something to get it. You literally have to just turn the game on to be OP in 3.

Honestly the only visually interesting area to me was tseldora but it was both a fucking pain in the ass to actually go through and shitty in map design.
Every other place in the game just looks blegh, especially places like black gulch or shaded woods where textures are just repeated nonstop

>DaS2
>hit the arenas
>everyone is SL838, has a soul memory of 9 billion, uses ice rapiers and warped swords because matchmaking is broken
>go belfry luna/sol
>woops my soul memory is too high and these areas are optional.
>i'l just blue invade instead
>sorry, cant do that, game is dead and finding someone who is a sinner is a pretty rare occurrence now (even the original dark souls has more players)
>ok, i'l just help newbies then
>your soul memory is too high, all the high level players have already left the way of blue convenant and no one wants to wear a ring slot to get summoned every 5 days
>fuck it, i'l just use cracked red eye orbs which I spent 5 hours farming
>welcome to gank souls

Dark Souls 1 PvP is actually fun as fuck and one of my favorite multiplayer experiences.

DaS2 pvp was ok. 3 is actually garbage

Sorry I'm talking specifically DS2 when they despawn forever. I recently undertook a no bonfire genocide run with my overpowered DS3 character and but I stupidly fell off a cliff at the graveyard so i couldnt backtrack and check my progress

oh and
>i'l join the rat king covenant and troll enemy players
>...

doesn't DaS1 have a notoriously shitty backstabbing mechanic

Agape ring nigga

>tfw spent hundreds of hours playing Souls games and barely even bothered to play the shitfest that was pvp after experiencing the fucking lag

PvP in Souls games is shit and so is OP for caring about it so much.

>use agape ring and get stuck invading low level players like a twink
yeah really fair for them

this, PvP is mostly something for autists that want to play a fighting game with a really shitty netcode.

pvp was a fun secondary to pve but I'll be fucking assed if I'm going to spend hundreds of hours playing some laggy fucking netcode shit like that instead of just playing fighting games

Only if you're a scrub and don't know to counter it, it's very easy to tell when someone is going for a backstab and usually you can just reverse and punish them with a backstab. The net code isn't great so lagstabs can be a thing, but it's just something you learn to avoid with experience. The best is using lloyds talismans, because they're actually useful and worth a shit.

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

Positive comment about DS2 detected, releasing the attack dogs.

It's a shame none of the games have had a multiplayer covenant as fun as release week Rat Covenant was.

No, playing a Souls game for PVP is retarded. It's like playing the multiplayer mode of Metroid Prime 2, and dipshits take it super seriously.

>Positive comment about DS2 detected, shitposting protocol activated
ftfy

>but even then at least you have to do something to get it.

Yeah, spend a whole 5 minutes getting to melentia for the key. Get over it, there's op shit in all the games

Because it's linear and boring.

It does. The guy you're talking to is an idiot

Why are there people that spend so much fucking time playing laggy pvp in a primarily single player game?
Why not just play blade symphony or whatever the fuck it was called

>it's another DS2 cuck episode

Your game was absolute garbage and even Miyazaki wanted nothing to do with that atrocity.

Get over it.

>not an argument
Wasn't supposed to be an argument. It was supposed to tell your dumb ass to get over something only autistic retards like yourself care about.

>blah blah blah you're not wrong blah blah blah
OK good. Glad we're at an agreement.

It's overblown. Just like twinks in Das1, or grass munching in DeS.

>"This is my vision."
>t. Miyazaki

Is there any other popular pvp spots than Pontiff. The only reason I dropped it is because it seemed like this was the only venue people went to.

The only legitimate fix for DS3s PvP is to use cheat engine.

I'm not even fucking around here.
Wanna pvp around the whole map without any of them being locked because you already completed them? Better fucking activate all bonfires or you're fucked.

Along with that, the only way to get fun or interesting weapons is to spawn them in for early areas. You could go NG+ for that but most people who focus on PvP don't.

>I don't like it so it's retarded
Fuck off faggot

>get over it

Why do you keep saying this as if you're somehow correct? You still haven't proven how DaS3 knight class isn't retardedly OP right from the get go, which is what this was about from the get go. For zwei and rapier you have to have some knowledge of the game. Most players starting Dark Souls for the first time aren't going to fuck with the skeletons and get the zwei immediately. Some people playing 2 might go Heide's first and not get the blacksmith until after Lost Sinner. In 3 with no prior knowledge of the game you can be as OP as either of those games just by hitting OK on the character select screen, any idiot can pick up 3, pick knight and then r1 mash to victory through the whole game and even if he finds different weapons they usually aren't better. I like greatswords builds and I had to force myself to use one in 3 because they were worse than the straight sword which makes no sense.

>Why did Dark Souls 3 fail so miserably?
nice clickbait title
I give you that removing sin was a dumb move but ganksquads were also a huge problem in 2
>dark souls 3 : 9,309 current players
>dark souls 2 + sotfs : 2733
>dark souls 1 : 3,073
DaS2 fucked up PvP more than any other game especially with its soul memory, even DaS1 with all its broken shit which is old as fuck by now is played more

>pussy detected

Sorry you got fucked by Giant Dad but it isn't my fault you're bad at the game, it's actually very easy to figure out and get good at.

What fighting games do you like to play? I'm sure you aren't good at those either

>fighting game

Sorry we're not niggers.

Autism: the post

So why did you say that you'd rather play a fighting game?

Or are you the underage that just showed up in this thread to derail it with mindless shitposting?

Not really, that's where most people are.

Let's hope the arena in the upcoming DLC turns out to be good.

Learn to read the quote chain better you fucking nigger. No one mentioned fighting game except your autistic dumb retarded nigger ass.

>You still haven't proven how DaS3 knight class isn't retardedly OP

I wasn't trying to. It is OP. Just like stuff in other games is OP as well. It's a case of don't like it don't use it. I could go full mage on DS1 and 2 shot any boss with dark bead. Or I could go mace/rapier in 2 and melt any boss. OR just not use any of that. Yes knight is OP. But what does it matter to you if othere people use it?

one time i was lagging so hard that my hits weren't registering, so i just rolled around for 30 minutes

I was honestly just being a shit with the whole autism thing before, but damn, are you actually on the spectrum?

>dark souls 3 failed
>better than 2 and DeS

????

>mom isn't looking better chain together some swear words!

You need to take a chill pill and get back to your homework little man, if you don't like DaS pvp then fine, but you're the one claiming I'm retarded for liking it. Sorry for taking the time to figure it out and enjoy it and not being a retard that just gets lag stabbed every time, it isn't as hard to deal with as plebs like you make it out to be and it's certainly better than 3's backstabs which you can literally walk out of.

>dark bead
>I can play through the majority of the game and be OP

Well no shit, the point I'm making is 3 is easy as fuck and a disappointment almost the whole way through.

I don't remember an armor looking like the one that girl is wearing.
>tfw Solaire died without ever finding his sun (the Nameless King)

Same fag

>The only reason I dropped it
why? all the other games only had 1 really popular spot too
DaS1 had oolacile, DaS2 had the Iron Keep Bridge, DaS3 has pontiff
DaS2/3 also have heide tower/highwall but those are barely used
and Iron Keep was an eyesore

Only the second one is me, try again :^)

That's because it a Strong Independent Original Character Don't Steal.

Also, solaire's sun frowning is absolutely hilarious. Reminds me of pic related

DaS1 had Anor Londo as well

>Everything is about PvP
>Conveniently ignores DS2's terrible PvE.

>only one small area is a reskin.

>Member Artorias? here's abysswatchers!
>Member Oolacile and blightown? Here they are in one area!
>Member Pinwheel? Here he is as a sage, twice!
>Member congregation? Here it is even worse!
>Member Bloodborne? Here's a entire village with copy-pasted bloodborne assets.
>Member the catacombs? Here's some more catacombs
>Member Izalith? Here it is with some of the exact same enemies
>Member Black Knights?
>Member Silver Knights?
>Member AnorLondo?
>Member Darkmoon invasions? Haha just kidding, theres no BEO
>Member Gwyndolin? here he is.
>Member Priscilla? Heres a QT 3.14 version of her.
>Member Yuria the witch? Here's a copy of her.
>Member Tower of Latria? Here's the same level
>Member Giant Lord and Storm King? Here a fight with both of them!
>Member the Hellfire Drake? Here's two drakes!
>Member Ornstein?
>Member the Astral Clocktower from TOH?
>Member Kiln of the First FLame?
>MEMBER GWYN?

>Member all this shit from the last two games with hardly any new items or equipment added to the game?

which was also a rarely used one, or at least with AotA
so every game had like only 2 spots and pontiff is nice and spacious
I don't get why someone would drop the game because of that place being a PvP hotspot

fuck you and your lies. ds1 early game world design is a veritable spiderweb of connections. ds3 has forks, but no joins: there are NO areas in ds3 that can be progressed to from more than 1 area. even ds2 lets you reach lost bastille via either forest of fallen giants or no mans wharf.

Jesus fucking christ I hate South Park fans.

They fucked up by making it use Bloodbourne combat (even though it uses Souls mechanics) instead of evolving from Dark Souls 2 combat.

If all you want is pvp then you should play a fighting game or something, it'll be more worth your time

>latria
A lot of people seem to talk about demons souls but very few seem to have actually played it

>DaS3 has BB combat

Source?

That's cool and all, but it's still a fact that in DS3 there is in fact only one small area that is a literal reskin.

>>Member congregation? Here it is even worse!
lmao you aren't even trying with these

>Member goombas? Here's more of them!
>Member Bowser? He's back!
>Member castle levels? Now there's even more of them!
>Member pipes that you can enter? You can enter more than ever before!
>Member jumping? It's back!
>Member mushrooms and flowers? Here they are!
>Member swimming levels? They're back, only slightly bigger now!

TL;DR sequels have commonalities with the originals.

Source is play both games.

Fuck Souls-PvPfags
Fuck you pieces of shit

You are below mobafags
You are below Smashfags
You are below people who play party games competitively.
You are below thieves
You are below murderers
You are below rapist

You are the bottom of the barrel
Nothing is more disgusting than someone who plays souls for the PvP

I physically recoil reading your posts or imagining what you look like

Nobody ever loved you.
Nobody ever will
Nobody even likes you

All your family and everyone around you would be happier if you would die.
Even as a corpse you are worth more.

Just kill yourselves.
There are not enough words in any language to express how worthless you are.

Which areas are "rehash" from ds1

PVP fags are the cancer that killed the decent community the original DaS had.

whoa, someone get this hothead outta here.

I have played BB extensively and I've played through DaS3.

DaS3 100% does not have BB combat, I'm interested in your evidence for this ridiculous claim

To bad they are right. South Park is literally kino of animated television.

>being autistic
Lmao

>obvious inconsistent combat system made from two spit glued games
>m-miyazaki can do no wrong

Wait... Why ARE two gigga niggas just casually sitting in a room on the computer and eating food?

Are Gigga Niggas the good guys?

>>Hey you know, I feel like doing some PvP. I'll hit the arenas.

I have noticed that the people defending DaS2 are PvP fags.

Why should I care for your post?

>members swords? They're back
>member shields? They're back
>member monsters? They're back
>member enemies? They're back
>member bonfires? They're back
>member armor? It's back

Literally movie of animated television?

apparently having the same critical animation on big enemies means the gameplay is essentially the same

The worst part of this is that you're actually completely right.

I don't remember mentioning Miyazaki, maybe you can point that out for me when you post your evidence as well, because as of right now I see some very significant differences between BB and DaS3 combat and only a few very minor similarities. If anything DaS3 is more like DeS combat which I'm sure you haven't played.

Not him, but what I think he's trying to get at is how the combat in DS3 has too much in common with the speed of BB without any of the faster movesets: enemies are prone to stun more often, but the stagger works like in BB where it's very brief. The predominant strategy in the early release was just using a straight sword or other dex weapon and "r1-ing your way to victory."

I never pvp'd in DaS1, DaS2 had pvp as a primary focus and had lots more places to get freely invaded with high traffic. I can think of 3 places I spent the majority of my time there for pvp. As for DaS3 there are a variety of pvp options but none of them appeal to me except 1v1s or fight clubs and they're only ever at pontiff

I'll agree with your complaints about DS3 PvP (personally I couldn't care less about it) but to it's defense, a pvp arena is being added in the dlc, also, no amount of pvp options in DS2 will ever solve DS2s problems:

Clunky animations, clunky movement, shit level design, shit weapons moveset, shit bosses, etc.

And it's a shame because in terms of content it's an amazing game, with so many possible builds and all. I really wish I could enjoy it.

you completely missed the point of the games. PvP is a fucking afterthought they tacked on because the west demands shoehorning in competition into every game.

I'm glad PvP retards don't like 3, keeps them out of the game and therefore co-op, because lord knows they don't know how to actually fight or contribute to anything.

>I have noticed that the people defending DaS2 are PvP fags.
Retards who defend DaS2 are underage faggots who just play those games for PVP, and had their first experience with the series with DaS2.

>people are actually complaining that a sequel is referencing the first game now

This is beyond retarded.
You are retarded.

With DS2 people complained that it had nothing to do with the first one. And now you come along.
Go fuck yourself user!

>Good areas in DeS
1-1
1-3
2-1
3-1
4-1

>Good Areas in DaS
Undead Burg
Sen's Fortress
Anor Londo
Painted World of Ariamis
The Duke's Archives
Oolacile Township

>Good Areas in DaS2
???

>Good Areas in DaS3
Undead Settlement
Cathedral of the Deep
Grand Archives

Bloodborne is the better game

>he plays Dark Souls for the pvp

End yourself.

What are some DaS2 improvements that were dropped in DaS3?

I guess they are shitting on DaS3 because their "precious" PvP got "ruined" in DaS3

Well considering you get PvPfags, I guess they consider soul memory as an improvement?

I firmly believe any retard that says Dark Souls 2 is the best in the series is either purposefully being a special snowflake contrarian, or it was their first Dark Souls and they don't know any better.

They are also the most obnoxious fucking wretches to ever grace the internet.
Only rivaled by Bronies.

I enjoy PvPing but it should NEVER dictate the balance of the game.

Souls PVP went to shit around the time of first the PC release, when the game got too popular.

As weird as it sounds, the menus in DaS2 were the best they've ever been.

>no Irithyll Dungeon
That area had some retarded enemies, but easily one of the best overall level designs in the entire game. Irythill is also great, though while it has good design, it's more about being visually stunning, and I'd say it's the best in that category in any Dark Souls game.

the reason dark souls 3 tidied its hands so hard of dark souls 2 is the same reason the force awakens refuses to acknowledge the prequels. both the prequels and DaS 2 are fucking public embarrassments that left a bad taste in everyone's mouths, so upon returning to form they distanced themselves as much as possible from the preceding trash.

dual wielding with different weapon combinations and twinblades

Probably because they made magic useless in PvP so instead of fighting sword to sword every couple battles and then against magic users in between it was sword verse sword the whole time. It kill build variety. The whole "meta" in the first month also killed it. Everyone used one of four broken as fuck weapons and nothing else even futher limiting the build variety.

The souls communities own borderline autistic behavior drove the game to its death fast as shit compared to previous titles.

>Not liking world 5
At least your taste would fit the theme.

>they made magic useless
you don't know shit about spacing or pressure.

>What are some DaS2 improvements that were dropped in DaS3?

I would say Soul Memory but that would imply that SM was actually a good thing

this post shows proof that pandering to PvP fags is a bad thing

dual wielding had like multiple weapon combinations that were fucking broken and could stunlock someone to death from full health

I'm 99% sure every Souls PVP fag has a history with casual multiplayer shooters like Halo, COD and TF2.

Gestures. Literally the only thing I miss from 2. Hope they add some of them back in

youtube.com/watch?v=5WuBZX94mGw

Ds1 was great because of undead burg fcs

5-1 is okay but 5-2 is just shit for the most part.

Probably because PvP is actually fun and challenging in souls games when it is well designed and therefore increases the replay value of the souls games with good PvP.

Not that your scrubby ass would understand this, of course.

youtube.com/watch?v=8WgxDm_kKkQ

this is the cancer pyro build done right

I like this bait

I just want the Ivory king ultra greatsword back.
Shit was so cool.

>try to create a fun cosplay build
>cosplay uses non-meta weapons/spells
>every invasion is a ganksquad
>even low levels are intense R1 spammers
>enough R1 spamming can beat anyone
>tfw meta-weapon roleplay builds are incredibly boring

I wish someone like pic related was possible in DaS3, spent the most PvP time as that

you forgot your fedora, you elitist prick

I still think it's more in line with DeS with the stagger thing, the weight is what throws it off for me because anything under 70% is a fast roll so as a knight class I was rolling around like a thief.

The only similarity I see to BB is weapon skills and moving while healing.

I had shitloads of fun invading Great Archives.

Spoilers, wait for another red or a purple, or use the gank before the main shortcut, or use the super gank before the boss room.

>this game is fucking awful
>but the pvp is worth it!
yeah okay

Your taste continues to disappoint. 5-2 was only shit in the sense that it was literally a shithole. It sits right below to Latria in terms of level quality.

It was amazing at being shit and easily the best iteration of the level type in the series.

>dark souls 3 tidied its hands so hard of dark souls 2
neither is DaS2 an embarrasment, nor is it never mentioned in 3
>drangleic set, mirrah set and greatsword and many more armorsets + weapons, way of the blue, gilligan corpse, fucking creighton invader and literally a painting of the final boss of DaS2

>literally just flame surge for 5 minutes with like 2 fire whips
boring shit
I had a pure pyro build that was like every spell and it would disorient the shit out of people

>try to RP
>the weapon I need was one of the last weapons you get
>and its shit

Fuck you blacksmiths hammer

damn........some background setpieces and a few armor sets.............this really is drangleic's legacy......................

DaS3's pvp is mostly shit because of the mechanics meant to be used by scrubs are abused by other people.

The fact that "everything has to be fast!" ruins Dark Souls 3. Bloodbourne was its own new thing and it should not have leaked to Souls' more grounded combat.

And then enemies don't have the same rules as you do, making PVE bullshit at times.

and two covenants and a corpse and an npc invader that is literally the same guy

Dark Souls progressively got worse and slowly died out just like the first flame

It was just one big metaphor

Cosplay builds are fun even with no meta weapons, it's cool because it forces you to play with weaker weapons making your skills as a player more important.

Last one I made was a pontif knight, it was pretty fun.

meant for

Pontiff knights use a fucking curved sword.

Iron Keep bridge is such a shitty place for PvP. Really annoyed me back then.

Are they op ? I wouldn't know since I don't care much about pvp

>making a low leve Sable Church swordsman cosplay
>basically all of the katanas are trash at low level
>Vow of Silence lasts LITERALLY 10 seconds
>Dead Again isn't even usable
>the dark buff is okay I guess

Londor will never be great again...

DaS2 has more variety than both. Too bad the gameplay is the worst.

You presented it pretty well, OP.

This is a good reason as to why DS 3 failed so hard in PVP and as such, in the long game.

They just didn't give a shit anymore and just wanted every console babby to have the chance to win, with a bit of LE EBIN DIFFIKULTY too.

The only thing that saves DS3 over 2 is the pve content, anything else is just fucking inferior. They fucked up big with PVP and I bet they don't give a shit, we'll just have to wait for the next one. Get ready, this is gonna be a yearly release.

>worst gameplay

wew

If you're gud you can get it a lot earlier, after only 4 bosses

>5 fps
>"shit rain" particle effect looks hilariously bad
>slow movement speed, no rolling (artificial limitation of player choice) - only annoying, not challenging
>no way around the limited movement (no ring, no spell, no lever to pull, no stat to skill, nothing)
>why the fuck are the slugs the same from 4-2?
>why is the boss almost the same boss as in 5-1, only in a different room?
>lazy level design for 2/3 of the level, literally a giant swamp of shit with some enemies
What exactly do you like about it? The retarded B-movie tier moans in the background?

Yeah, no.

it's true

Dark Souls 3 was legitimately good. A return to former glory, I don't know what they were thinking with DaS2, the game was truly terrible, I don't even like to look at it.

How was it any worse than the first game?

Welcome to Shrine of Amana, how do you like those infinite range priestesses?

people used to go to the kiln, not sure if they still do

fucked with the I Frames.
Durability is 10 times worse
Ganksquad PvE fights
Made the Bell Gargoyles even worse
Shine of Amara (even post patch was a pain but was worse in Pre Patch)

As much as I dislike DaS2, I wouldn't really say 3 was a return to glory. Yes, it was more similar to DaS, and the game was good, but it was still a bunch of rehashed themes with honestly pretty terrible replayability. It looks great, plays great, but it's still not as good as the original or even Bloodborne. I replay those last two every couple of months, while on DaS3 I lost count on how many characters I created, got to around Road of Sacrifices, and couldn't force myself to keep going further.

>fucked with the iframes

Still exist, just tied to builds, as it should be.

>durability

I'll concede that one, who knows what the fuck they were thinking.

>ganksqu

Not gameplay.

>gargoyles

Not gameplay.

>shrine of aman

Not gameplay.

DaS1>DeS>>BB>>>>>>>>>>DaS3>>DaS2=LotF

in order of enjoyment.

Nothing after DeS is 8-10/10

>>ganksqu
>Not gameplay.
Yeah dude, fighting like 5 enemies at once, along with the new healing system that is basically regenerating health, have nothing to do with the gameplay.

I hate how every argument regarding Das2 centers around pvp. I don't play for pvp. I let it happen and deal with invasions as if they are just part of the game. I only care about the __fun__[spoiler/]. I have only played the first two and will get 3 when it goes on sale next year. Two was a very different setting but that is exactly what I wanted for the sequel. It was really neato learning about the cuck king and nashandra. 1 was also really fun. I think we should stop comparing them as everyone would have been pissed if 2 was just more 1. People aren't mad because it is different, they are mad because it is not different in the way they fantasized it would be, which is stupid

>just tied to builds

tied to a stat that provides no other benefits.

Seriously, Adaptability/Agility was a mistake in DaS2 and I am glad 3 removed it

>>ganksqu
>Not gameplay.
fighting enemies is part of the gameplay

>>gargoyles
>Not gameplay.
fighting enemies is part of the gameplay

>>shrine of aman
>Not gameplay.
an area you PLAY the game in is part of the gameplay

It is not like they fucked the story like me3

>I hate how every argument regarding Das2 centers around pvp
Well, gee, maybe because this shitty thread is talking about PvP in the first place?

>I hate how every argument regarding Das2 centers around pvp.

because that is all DaS2 fanboys care for in their shitty game

2 had no story

>BREAK THE CURSE
>SIT ON THIS THRONE
>CURSE STILL NOT BROKEN

Excuse me, why should every aspect of combat be tied to stats, but not ninja tier dodging?

You want to hit hard, you invest in hitting hard.
You want magic, you invest in magic.
You want iframes, you invest in iframes.

literally every fucking discussion about DaS2 has PVP brought up by their delusional underage apologists
then of course the DLC, which according to them somehow excuse the rest of the game being shit

also the pic on the right has the throne from brume tower in it

High Wall of Lothric was good, and Cathedral of the Deep were good. So was Archives.

thats about it though

because every other stat in DaS2 served more than one purpose.

They should of made Dexterity boss agility and remove Adaptability

>then of course the DLC, which according to them somehow excuse the rest of the game being shit
the DLC wasn't even good.

Because Soul Memory you fuckstick.

It doesn't feel like a failure, but it was definitely casualized and had lazy design everywhere, especially with the very often cylindrical things you would see near buildings to close of an area.

If they were that out of ideas they should stop, and it's good they did.

^ me

I actually grabbed my last 2 achievements today, Master of Rings and The Dark Soul, so I'm afk until the DLC comes out.

>that comic
what the fuck was that

>mfw people are defending this game
even if you slowed stamina regen and brought back poise dark sword 3 would still be the worst pvp wise.

pve feels like a legitimate joke and looks like bloodborne:dark age edition. and good luck trying to play a tank lol.

>the DLC wasn't even good.
try saying this to any of the retards who defend this game

DLC apologists are the worse

>B-But the DLC!!!

Blue smelter demon, a boss that's 3 cheating phantoms that don't give a shit about stamina or poise, that fucking ice place with the reindeers, only to get to a boss that is a copypaste from literally the same DLC, but this time there's 2! Fume knight isn't even that good, he's got a vertical swing and a horizontal swing that does 80% of your health if you mess up once

Not to mention that it suffers from the same problems as the main game, square rooms with groups of enemies in them

I stopped caring for them because I actually believed their lie.

>they claim that the DLC was good
>play Sunken King and hate it as much as the rest of the game
>they say I got the worst of the DLC and that the others are better
>don't listen to their bullshit
>they claim that SotFS magically fixed everything
>a LP I saw shows that SotFS is just as bad as the base game and not care what they say

SOTFS was a cash grab and you'd have to be stupid to believe otherwise. They did not even attempt to fix anything that was wrong with the game.

when I consider the DS2 DLCs I don't even think about those challenge runs because their purpose was literally just to let people who didn't have the DLC farm for DLC-exclusive items.

they're bad, but nothing important is there, so you can just ignore them

>SOTFS was a cash grab and you'd have to be stupid to believe otherwise

it's just funny to see them being desperate to defend that mess. I wasn't going to buy a re-release of a game unless everything new was good.

Like with pic related. All the changes I heard were good

I had the exact same experience.

>play through the game a couple of times
>don't hate it, but don't like it either, even though pvp is alright
>people claim the DLC is amazing and praise it at every possible occasion
>grab SotFS when it's on sale
>play through half of the game, still basically the same shit
>play through half of sunken king and it's more of the same
>B-BUT THE OTHER ONES ARE BETTER

I haven't played 3 yet. Does a majority of the bosses have unique gimmicks like 2? That was pretty cool. Or is it like BB where most bosses are the same?

Do you really think Miyazaki cares that much about the combat side of these games, let alone the high level pvp combat?

>still basically the same shit but with worse enemy placements
FTFY
Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to put a dragon right before the blue sentinel covenants?

>plays weeb shit
>autist detected, opinions ignored

some have gimmicks.

like one boss, for the first half has 2 extra enemies. One guy is an enemy, but another one can attack ANYONE, even the boss

so it's a 1v1v2 boss fight

You'll need to step up your bait game, mate.

When was the last time a gigga nigga was a good guy.

I played a game that was better than DaS2 and bought it's re-release over SotFS

What's the problem?

Anyone else miffed that the camera locks on the enemy you are attacking and you can't fucking move it in 3?

"game is linear" has to be the absolute most idiotic complaint I've ever seen, anf the worst part is it gets parroted so much.

What do you get out of visiting one area before another? Why does the prospect of going somewhere a few minutes before another give you such an erection?

GOOD THING DARK SOULS COMPLETELY REVOLVES AROUND PVP AND IT'S THE ONLY THING TO TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION WHEN JUDGING THE GAMES

>NO
>REPLAY
>VALUE

DaS3 has less weapons and spells than any other DaS game. That means less reasons to reroll and try a new build, and PvP gets stale fast.

After one playthrough you've gotten the full experience and don't have to pick it up ever again. Whereas past das' could have you rorolling and pvp'ing for months.

In games like Souls games it is absolutely better to have the freedom to choose where to go first than not. It just fits naturally.

Sounds pretty cool. Is it always NPC, or can the third enemy be a summoned player? Also, I saw gameplay of a tree boss. What'a his gimmick?

Not even baiting. Genuinely curious. Bosses don't need gimmicks, but they do make the bosses more memorable, albeit at the expense of difficulty. Just wondering if 3 did it as well as 2 did?

It means you can't really challenge yourself with different routes or playing things out of order.

It's a bit strange, too, because there's nothing technical that's stopping you from doing the princes as your first Lord of Cinder aside from a key that just doesn't spawn in until you've beaten the other three. I've used Cheat Engine to get into the Grand Archives early, and the game has absolutely no problem letting you beat the princes first and put their ashes on the throne.

It kind of makes me wonder if DS3 was originally meant to be more open but then was pared back.

At this point I just want FROM to make a spinoff that's entirely PVP and nothing else so they'll go away.

Which bosses in 2 had unique gimmicks? I can think of Chariot, uhh....

>DaS3 has less rehashes and copypastas than any other DaS game
I don't see the problem. BB proved well that quality>quantity. 346 greatswords with the same fucking moveset isn't what i call good variety.

>Is it always NPC, or can the third enemy be a summoned player?
it's an enemy. The best way to describe the boss is that is starts a 1v1 but then two enemies appear. Both have the same model as the boss, one will try to go after you but the one with glowing red eyes will go after anyone. The new new guys do respawn after dying.

>What'a his gimmick?
weakspots. Some which are hard to hit

They also bring bring the Storm King gimmick from Demon's Souls for a boss in Dark Souls 3

>DaS
>DaS2
>DaS3
What's the point of adding the "a"? Just say DS, we all know what you're talking about; it's a fucking Dark Souls thread.
It's not "Dark and Souls 2" It's "Dark Souls 2" so stop typing like retards.

The developers balanced souls (exp) and items according to growth and placed the areas in a way that makes sense for progression.
If you don't like the way they plan the journey that's fine but it's a perfectly respectable decision.

I do it because when I see DS I think of Dead Space.

>das is one syllable
>DS is 2
The a is also there so people wouldn't confuse it with demon's souls or other games.

Demon's souls, man. Demon's souls and dark souls would both be DS then. "DaS" and "DeS" came into use when dark souls was announced to keep things simple.

DeS

That's a shit gimmick. Never really liked Storm Ruler.

Well the poison queen had the windmill, glutton demon had the urns you could break to distract him, mirror knight had the summon, you could fight freya initially outside the boss room, dragon rider had the platforms, and so on.

that's a blatant lie
Dark Souls 2 has the biggest selection of equipment, then comes 3 and then 1 which has the smallest selection
and when we look at demon souls or even bloodborne, both of those offer even less

>we all know what you're talking about; it's a fucking Dark Souls thread
You clearly don't understand how abbreviations work.
Also
>pronouncing it dee-ess
>not DISS
Fucking dropped, but that bit about demon's souls makes sense.

More than anything they should've introduced some completely new form of guilds and the way how PvP works. That is what made Demons' Souls and Dark Souls pvps so interesting in the first place, the fact they were experimental. When Dragon's Crown came out I thought japs would make more games with experimental multiplayer to their rpgs but too bad that fad didnt last very long.

You can use DaS and DeS to tell the distinction between the two, but starting at DS2 you don't need it anymore because there isn't a Demon Souls 2 so you know I'm talking about Dark Souls 2.
And don't argue that I'm talking about another game with the same letters, because this is a Dark Souls thread

>Well the poison queen had the windmil
awful gimmick that requires you to BURN METAL

>glutton demon had the urns you could break to distract him
didn't even know this because he's so easy anyway

>mirror knight had the summon
reused from Demon's Souls

>you could fight freya initially outside the boss room
i'll give you this, but it's also only in NG+

>dragon rider had the platforms
pretty weak gimmick

>pronouncing 2 uppercase letters into one syllable
I'd argue that das sounds better than diss.

Dis is an actual word though.
>pronouncing an abbreviation at all
I usually just say the letters, and 2 letters is less than 3.

I didn't said they were all good. Just that they were all unique.

>The boring linear DS3 campaign is only worth playing a single time.

This, so fucking much.

I've replayed the first two games to hell and back, 250 hours of DaS1, 350 in the second.

The third one? I kinda forced myself to do the most coop possible to make it last longer, completed it mildly bored all the way through, and dropped it without looking back after finishing it a single time. What the fuck. Got 64 hours out of me.

Can you do a single run platinum? Or does it require multiple playthrough?

well, they aren't all unique and they show one of the problems with dark souls 2; that quantity =/= quality.

For a game all about rehashing and nostalgia, they really blew it by not rehashing the most important/easiest to port things.

>no channelers trident
>no smelter hammer
>no helix halb
>no santiers
>no dragon fists
>no twinblades
>no tranquil walk
>no ice rapier
>no shrug emote

You need to get to at least NG++ to platinum DaS3.

I know that you need multiple runs in 1 and 2, so 3 is probably like that, too.

It's all going to be in the incoming DLCs, don't worry.

there's a boss that can summon other players to fight you

Shit.

just say DS1

Sweet. It's pretty much a tradition at this point.

I dunno. I'd say almost all the bosses in 2 were memorable. If done solo, they were all consistently great. Only problem is most people don't do them solo.

Which one? I know the Mirror Knight does that on DaS2, but that didn't happen in my game on the third.

different strokes, i guess. the only boss in vanilla DaS2 i thought was good was Smelter. Fume, Ivory King, and Sinh were good though.

why are you lying user?

this

no there isn't

>counting DaS1 when it constantly has "revival events"

which would be another argument for why DaS1 PvP is more liked

>all the whining is from PvP players

I could not care less about what PvP players think, these faggots invade my world and pull the cheesiest, dishonorable, mindnumbingly boring strats they could possibly imagine just to get a kill even when it's 1v1. I have no sympathy for invaders who end up getting gangbanged or hit with a giant's seed, they've brought it upon themselves.

If you have a problem with dark souls 3 PvP you just need to play better

It's not because if you have the skill and wits to acquire more power by not following the predetermined path then that makes the game more interesting.

Souls is also about exploring and linearity is against exploration.

Cred Forums hates anything competitive, thats why you see so much praise for ds3s PvE. They'll act like enjoying PvP is something undesirable but its just because they always lose when invaded. just look back at the outcry when they found out about the bone of connection and how their were penalties for DCing when invaded.

i can kill giant seed shitters and their gank squads easily, my complaint is that i can only do it in like 3 locations with one buils and that gets fucking boring after a while. DS2 didnt have that problem with builds OR invasion opportunitys.

Bloodborne was original and his magnus opus tho.

I'm surprised it took you this long to start the usual retarded Nioh posting on Souls threads.

we get it, Nioh is going to be better than DaS2

If he wasn't a hack he wouldn't have tried to make Dark Souls 3 some Bloodbourne wannabe game abomination.

i felt like waiting this time around

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/5jMZJsnsuJ8NObFoOzTX2A/

Reminder to kill yourself

thanks for the bumps, not only do you give this thread more attention, but you make others hate nioh even more

no problem m8

But it didn't.

Is this the smallest boss in the series?

We all know that he wasn't the real director of dark souls 3, his name was used because Bamco didn't want to have a litteraly who in the credits.

>what is bed of chaos

>playing dark souls for multiplayer

you failed miserably

Well, you're right that 'he' wasn't the director. Miyazaki directed Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne. HIDETAKA directed Dark Souls 3.

>arenas
>good
the arenas in II were the killer of proper pvp, along with a host of other reasons, dont try to pretend they were good
II pvp was successful only in fight clubs and gank areas because the actual combat mechanics were better for pvp, the covenant system and pvp availability was worse than 1
3 just failed on all fronts generally regarding pvp

The problem here is that the PvE is also the shitiest in the series, it managed to be worse than DaS2.

Well meme'd

>people saying dark souls 2 is bad
>people saying enemy groups are bad and make dark souls 2 bad
>dark souls 3 is enemy groups through and through

I just want to invade people and be invaded senpai, its hardly an invasion when i get stunlocked by a host and his phantom's 3 carthus curved swords as they camp the bonfire

You are the actual cancer that killed this games, feel free to kys any time, thank for nothing and fuck you fucking meme spreading faggot.

>The problem here is that the PvE is also the shitiest in the series, it managed to be worse than DaS2.

Now i've read it all

there's a difference between getting ganked by enemies that get staggered easily and getting ganked by giants whose attacks can't be interrupted

>sequence breaking
>in 3

Yes, we're both talking about Dark Souls 3.

>Let's hope the arena in the upcoming DLC turns out to be good.

>coming almost seven months after the game released
>locked behind dlc
>unlike das2 there will more than likely be no reason to participate in them

There's a good chance it'll just be Battle of Stoicism 2.0

Just got SotFS how the fuck is this any better there's like 5x the amount of enemies for no reason.

>you can win slabs and embers
there, now its used

There's 2 places that become more tolerable, the run up to that boss guy before the king, and the run up to the ancient dragon. Everything else is the same or more terrible

>iron keep

I wanna run through this shit, i don't want to fight 20 enemies to get to the boss. Fuck this

>failed so miserably
>failed so miserably it sold the most copies and was FromSoftwares biggest succes
>failed so miserably it has more players than DaS1 and DaS2 combined

DaS2 niggers and their false flagging threads really crack me up, DaS2 has less players than DaS, lmfao, fucking cucks.

Objective factual facts incoming, if you disagree, you are a retard that deserves to die a painful death in real life.

DaS3 > BB > DaS > DeS > DaS2 (an abomination that shouldn't have been made, not a real souls game because based Miyazaki wasn't involved).

This excludes DLC, will have to wait for both DLC packs to do full comparision.

Agreed 100%. Making Estus flasks near instant again along with the ganking meant DaS3 got shelved way before 1 and 2 did.

Fuck, it was either this for $10 or $30 for vanilla DLC.

The PvE in 3 was shit too.

>hates das2
>loves des

opinion discarded desu

why? I hate a bad game and like a good game

SOTFS is better than not-SOTFS so disliking that one more is just being a snowflake.

Dragons Aerie was good

>SOTFS is better

I'm not falling for that bait. This is the same board that the DaS2 DLC is better

Demon's souls is rather boring compared to everything that came after it, it's literally just nostalgiafagging if you don't think it's the worst souls game.

Dark Souls 2 has a lot of flaws but it's still a solid entry, and hell in Dark Souls 2 you have lots of choices on how to play the game unlike Dark Souls 3 where it's linear as fuck and most unique builds are worthless unless you want to completely gimp yourself.

>le pcuck maymay

Bloodborne is shit kid.

Every area was improved, it's objectively the better game, no matter how much of a cash grab it was.

>Dark Souls 2 has a lot of flaws but it's still a solid entry

I played DaS2 and this is bullshit

>Every area was improved
from the Lets Play videos I saw (because fuck buying a re-release of a bad game), this is not the case.

I 100%ed both DaS2 and SOTFS and it's not bullshit.

So i totally understand how people wouldn't like DS2 game-play wise. It made a lot of strange decisions. Regardless, anyone whos saying DS2 somehow "doesn't matter" to DS3 have to be the biggest falseflaggers on this board. DS2 is integral too DS3 in huge ways. If anyone seriously tries to suggest otherwise consider me baited

Elaborate.

in the videos, one of the guys was mentioning all the changes between DaS2 and SotFS.

All the changes that were mentioned were downright horrible

>a few
>relatively early
DS1 without killing any boss (except asylum demon) and getting the master key you have acces to +10 especial weapons +10 dragon weapons pretty much the entire first half of the fucking start right from the get go(?, a shit ton of diferent weapons and armor plus if you kill capra then you have acces to +15 regular weapons, you could fucking farm the darkwrights(? For fucking chunks, farm the fucking drakes for scales and kill all 10 crystal lizards in the great hollow for 2 +10 especial, you could get shiva as a vendor ang get rare and unique weapons, you have a chance to get any or even all the black knight weapons, and if you didn't get the master key you kill fucking tauros demon and bang roughly 40% of the game is open allowing for expirienced players to get to their build quickly and noobs to experiment and farm, this was also present in DS2 just more linear and killing a few more bosses or simply farming, i can't quite recall how much you could do but in vanilla you have acces to all of the graves and gulch just farming and the green home of rotten thing, killing dragon rider gives you no man's warf the very best greatsword, and pursuer the entirity of the bastille.
DS3 killing dancer upper lothric and thats it for early build variety.

>DS2 is integral too DS3 in huge ways.
Literally the only thing DS3 took from DS2 is the seed of the giant, which is a stupid item to begin with.

>PvP
That's where you're going wrong

In ANY of the games

>base game dark souls 2 isn't linear guys... I... I swear!

I've always wondered why LotF was on this list.

>Literally the only thing DS3 took from DS2 is the seed of the giant, which is a stupid item to begin with.

and the ability to have 4 rings equipped

>I've always wondered why LotF was on this list.

it's a souls like game, plus putting it higher than DaS2 pisses off the DaS2 fanboys

>dark souls
>pvp

LOL

some of the worst netcode in video games

I'm not talking about game-play mechanics. They pretty much dumped all those out the window. I'm talking about lore. DS3 wouldn't even exist if not for a few key characters in the second game.

DaS>BB>DeS>DaS2=DaS3

This is objectively correct.

Cred Forums Isn't my homeboard but the idea that DS2 even has fanboys baffles me. I played it, enjoyed it and spent a lot of hours in it but even as a rabid Souls fan I can admit it's the weakest entry in the series.

>There are a few different paths you can go down from a relatively early spot.

Literally the only option in the beginning is either going down the main path or killing the dancer to get access to a late game area that you can't progress past yet. All the optional areas have barely any reason to be visited after you already gone to them once and any time you get the option between two areas you still have to go back to do the other after finishing either of those areas.

So essentially every playthrough past the first will look almost exactly like pic related.

Can you at least admit that by the end of its life it had the best PvP in the series by a large margin?

That's pretty much the only reason I cut DaS2 any slack.

The PvE is so much worse than every other game in the series that it brings everything else besides the PvP down with it.

>plus putting it higher than DaS2 pisses off the DaS2 fanboys

i refuse to believe people like you exist unironically

Fuck off, tell all the diferent convinations of order in wich to do the in DS3 and compare it to DS2, try it and you will see the huge fucking gap in variety
And i need to add that ds3 only splits paths in lothric wall, woods, catacumbs, irithyl, and i think thats it? And now see how late game the splits are and what little content they give compared to the massive amount in the previous games
And don't get me fucking started on fucking farming

Forgot that Bow and Arrow trivializes any sense of added challenge, just making it a huge bother to traverse.

Fuck 5-x. 3-x and 4-x a best.

I never did PVP a whole bunch but from what I've seen DS2 did have the most build variety. From DeS to DS3, DS2 is the one I PVP'd the most in and usually I ignore the PVP in Souls. But outside of that if I feel if I'd skipped the game I wouldn't be missing much,

It doesn't, some of us are just not autistic enough to be fanfags of any game and we like to acknowledge good games. All Souls games do something or other horribly wrong and it's foolishness to think any of one of them is a flawless gem.

Fair enough. PvP is the main draw for me at this point since the rest of the game isn't particularly hard anymore.

BB and DaS3 were really disappointing from that perspective.

soul vessel

DS2 - 31 bosses of which 23(!) can be skipped - and that is just base game
DS3 - 19 bosses, 6 can be skipped

DS3 is linear as hell, while in DS2 you could skip most of the game if you wanted

I feel like they removed backstepping iframes.. I loved that shit in DaS2 pvp, just one more way to evade than just rolly pollying around

Maybe I'm wrong and just used to high ADP in DaS2

>in DS2 you could skip most of the game if you wanted

if you're autistic enough to grind 1 million souls in the early game
oh wait this is DS2 drones we're talking about, never mind

PVP was an unintentional convergence in design that should have never been the reason why people judge a Souls game. The game is too unbalanced for PVP and all of you fucks know it.

I never really cared about the balance.

It's fun desu.

Oh it is, but I just wish people took a step back and realized what they're judging.

I always liked invasion as more of a predator chasing prey kinda angle. It was part of of the intense atmosphere.

I never got the fascination with duels. I always invaded with the intention of providing some intensity to the host.

Whether it was intentional or not, it became a huge part of the series.

Them toning it down in BB and DaS3 was really disappointing. BB especially because it did almost everything else right.

>huge part of the series

Right. Yeah, because when Dark Souls was at its peak in the PVP meta, we all enjoyed giantdad as much as you.

PVP is unbalanced as fuck. Stop trying to use it to gauge quality of a Souls game via PVP. Its broken as fuck and its stupid fun. You can break these games over the knee so easily that its redundant to call it PVP at that point.

Played and enjoyed every Soulsborne game except DaS3

I barely got past the Curse-Rotted Greatwood before I dropped the game the first time. Now I'm in some snowy village and I dropped it again because I just couldn't be assed to go on.

Warrior or Explorer as starting class for pure quality build?

I never understood why the bloodborne fags said the low stamina dodges was a good thing that made the combat more fast paced when everyone dodging constantly lengthens the fight

I gauge the quality of a Souls game on both aspects, like most people do.

There's a reason everyone rates DaS1 at the top even though it was only half of a game.

After doing 1 or 2 branches, or branch and dlc, you will get 1 mln souls and you can skip other ones if you really don't want to play them.

Game if forcing you to fight only 8 bosses.
So you don't like rotten, pursuer or any particular early part of the game? Gues what - this is DS2, you can skip them if you want.

And that is what makes DS2 non-linear - more than half of the game can be skipped

>There's a reason everyone rates DaS1 at the top even though it was only half of a game.

Took almost 400 replies, but there's my favourite meme. Lost izalith isn't half the game

>There's a reason everyone rates DaS1 at the top

Blind nostalgia and fanboyism.

They made the same boring as shit soulslike game 5 fucking times within a couple of years

With my only experience being Demon Souls way back, which should I get if i'm looking to get into the series, and have a preference for pve?

>DaS at $20
>DaS2 at $40
>DaS3 at $60

based on what i've read in the thread, it'd be DaS3 right?

The Duke's Archives and Tomb of the Giants were mostly complete.

There was a decent chunk of content cut from New Londo.

Lost Izalith was wholly unfinished.

It's definitely not half of the entire game. People just call it that because it's the last half of the game after you get the Lordvessel.

The enemies on 3 are the most engaging in terms of moveset and flow of combat. The other games its slower, more predictable AI. But there's a lot of lore bits that cross between 1 and 3 that you won't get by playing 3 first. If you don't care then sure, go 3

i'd want to skip half the game too because it's so shit

nobody cares about PVP in those games

the few of you who played a ton of PVP are basically considered autistic idiots because you're talking a third person fighting game with more or less random pings between participants seriously.

dark souls was one of the games of the last generation, and an all time great game, you do yourself a disservice if you don't play it.

das2 can be ignored. it's crap.

3 has the best pve and best controls, but don't ignore the first game.

at least you can skip it in DS2, while in DS3 you have to rub the shit on your face every time

I choose quality over quantity

The giant crabs are bullshit too.

Are you implyng(? That ds3 bosses are quality?

to what? to be able to skip?