Why is this beyond based period of history so underrepresented in video games?

Why is this beyond based period of history so underrepresented in video games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WVLGwTggO8U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Take a look at gaming and you'll realize almost all history is underrepresented.

>tfw no Pike&Shot Total War game
>instead we get some shitty Warhammer games that only autistic neckbeards care about

let me know when this is a game

youtube.com/watch?v=WVLGwTggO8U

im really excited for bannerlord btw

If you weren't so autistic you would know that the history team is separate from the Warhammer people and currently working on their own game while a third Total War title is in the concept stage

you dip

There's no pike and shot or colonization fantasy genre?

Theres Pike and Shot Campaigns. I pirated it and its pretty alright. a PS total war would be shit because there's no way Creative Assembly could properly model the tactics like a caracole or having arabesquers retreat inside a pike block without the ai wonking out

>colonization

That would be racist, cracker

There are no qts from the pike and shot era, or colonization. Just women with like 8 petticoats and corsets that are way to tight

>Europa Universalis IV
>M&B: With Fire and Sword
(requires modding, especially Formations AI to get sweet, sweet gunlines)

The 1600s are a great period.

>corsets that are way to tight
If your corset is tight, you're not wearing it properly. Corsets, especially the upside-down cone-shaped corsets of the 17th century give firm support, and don't constrict in any way. Women still had to do vigorous physical tasks like ye olde houseworke, and they wore a corset while doing so. Yes, even the poor ones.

Also, having your tits hanging out was fashionable at the time.

Why the fuck isn't more done about the french revolution? Was such a crazy time and the only thing we have is a shitty assassins creed game

That wouldn't be fun. Look at how it fucked up reality.
This word always cracks me up, no pun intended.

Rome 2

Women can't even get the right size bras now, I doubt that some wouldn't have worn their corsets too tight in the 17th century

Your average pointy stick fag is this asinine about not being pandered to, and then they wonders why no sane dev would want to make a game catered to their shit taste.

You fags would also probably shit on them for any slight historical inaccuracy.

What progression would a pike and shot era total war have? Pike and shot into... More pike and shot?

I guess it depends what genre of video games you are looking for. Plenty of strategy games cover all facets of history.

Pike and Shot into Pike and More Shot, eventually into just Shot.

shadow of rome, seriously

it's a ps2 game but god damn if it isn't the GOAT

Large pike blocks with a few arabesquers, massed crossbowman, caracole cavalry into tercios lots of muskets and gustavian cavalry/currisasurs.

I always wanted to play something set during pike and shot, but play a character that uses a crossbow or a bow instead of an arbquebus

warhammer total war is really good though m8, definitely among the top of the series

Pike & Shot
Cossacks