Black Ops 3 just got mod tools. Are you hyped for the sure to come promod?

Black Ops 3 just got mod tools. Are you hyped for the sure to come promod?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I45xCm_dceQ
youtube.com/watch?v=NspLA6mzST4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>play cod 4 promod
>Expect a huge improvement in gameplay
>It's just faggots jumping around and spamming key binds asking if they can play sniper

Never again

Fuck no.

I kinda wanna get BO3 for PC now that this has happened, but I know it's mostly gonna be cancer because everybody has shit taste.

Expect shitloads of BOOTS ON THE GROUND servers and SNIPER ONLY maps.

then put in effort, faggot. don't just sit there and complain no one is catering to you.

youtube.com/watch?v=I45xCm_dceQ

Im just happy for the maps

Don't do it. Every single time the multi-player is free on steam there are like 300 people playing. All of them only in TDM.

>Just got

Are you serious? It took them 2 years to release them? Who cares at this point?

Fuck that.

Shit taste still matters. Even I'm the fucking Da Vinci of BO3 Mod Tools, it won't matter because of how terminally shitty everybody's tastes are.

I guess there's no possible downside if you enjoy playing private matches with buddies or something.

Finally

I'm currently downloading all of the 45gb of uncompressed audio that is Bo3. Gonna see what is the modding community up to.

>2 years
user, black ops 3 released in November 2015, it's been less than a year...

>300 people playing

lmao kys

lol youtube.com/watch?v=NspLA6mzST4

Cant fix game play or the toxic community, mods are 8 years too late.

yeah but they can fix stupid rocketpacks that nobody wants

>I can't handle a game that uses every axis of 3 dimensional movement
Literally git gud.

>just got payed
>wanted to buy BO3 for the mods and Witcher 3
>goto Cred Forums to see if it is a good idea
>they completely shit on both so much I don't want them anymore

>All in TDM
>You might get a Domination game going
>Literally impossible to play anything else
May as well be 300 if they're just jerking each other off in TDM.

Welp, time to get it and figure out how to make Zombie maps.

Black Ops 3 is on sale. Should I buy it? Is it fun?

There's a multiplayer mode that disables the jetpacks and wallrunning.
>disliking that stuff in the first place
Just play an older COD game if you don't want to go fast.

>Should I buy it?
That's up to you
>Is it fun?
Yes, it's a fun twitch shooter. If you don't care about the single player or zombies you can buy that sampler version or whatever that only has multiplayer.

It's free weekend so just try it out.

I just want some maps with some more verticality.
I want from BO3's mod tools what Titanfall never gave us since EA is greedy as fuck and didn't give the game mod tools or custom servers despite the fact that it runs on fucking Source.

This. The playerbase is small as fuck compared to consoles. It was impossible to find a game in anything other than TDM, Domination and occasionally that football mode. Every other gametype might as well not exist.

>Are you hyped for the sure to come promod?

Was there someone trying to make something like Promod for some other COD game? Or am I misremembering? Not sure if any games between MW1 and BO3 had mod tools.

Atleast PC players woke up from the decade long cod jerkoff.

sounds like paid mods are making a comeback.

It's not a new phenomena. Ever since MW2 consoles have been the breeding ground for COD.

To anyone asking if they should get the game.
I haven't liked a Call of Duty game since 4. It's not that they've been too bad, it's just ssdd. I loved Blops 3 when I played it.
If you're a boots on ground pussy, you're not going to have fun. I had a friend that loves CoD play, he cant stand all the jumping around, wall running, and crazy shit going on. To me, that's the best part of the game.

I haven't played in months since I got my dark matter and prestige master, but back then you pretty much had to choose between either normal/hardcore tdm or domination. TDM was a fucking awful campfest, dom was super fun. Almost every other game mode was completely dead.
IIRC there was no sbmm, so be prepared to get matched with assholes like me who played way to damn much. It'll force you to git gud.

The single player surprised me. Paced really well, interesting story, Christopher Meloni.

This game was my introduction to zombies. Some people apparently only play that. Even just the one map you get with the base game will provide many hours of fun assuming you like the mode. Never played any of the others myself.
The voice acting in zombies was phenomenal.

All-in-all, it's a great game. The amount of content you get is astounding. So many little things to unlock and do. Well worth the sale price.

kys shill

I should also mention that the devs keep adding weapons locked behind the cryptokey micro transaction shit. Back when I played it was mostly just new knife models. Now there's lmgs, grenade launchers, and all kinds of other goodies you can only get as a random drop in a crate that you have to play for an hour to get one of... or just pay money.

Fuck off Leafy fanboy

BO3's MP was absolutely ruined by aim assist

you get the full console aim assist experience when you plug in a controller, and HOLY SHIT does it cheat HARD

it's stronger in BO3 than any other COD (due to the parkour) and it actually lets you just dominate highly-skilled KBM players even if you're a mediocre player using a controller

shit is beyond broken; it feels so bad to watch the built-in aimbot track you flawlessly as you soar over an enemy's head, fire near-recoilless shots at you, and suffer reduced/negated flinch when its user takes damage

that shit's gonna be in infinite warfare, too, and probably titanfall 2. it's the worst possible trend.

So what part of that post gave me away? Or was it just your superior Redditor shill senses that sniffed me out?
People are asking if they should get the game. I happened to have played it, a lot, so I'm letting them know what i think.
here's you're (you) kiddo

How are the custom servers/mod tools?
That's all I care about, shame you can't play on them with the free weekend.

>playing CoD on PC

Sorry to be a dick, but that's the reality here. You bought CoD for PC and expected something good.

unless someone makes an optimization mod than I don't care
game runs like fucking trash

But the thing he's complaining about is even worse on consoles.

No. It's not. Because it's not nearly as bad as he's saying ever anywhere even on PC and on console, everybody has it, so there's no inequity.

>No. It's not.
Yes, it is.
>everybody has it
That makes it even worse because now it basically makes the main draw of the game (the movement) useless.

Nah, CoD is a better console game. They don't balance the game for PC, they optimise the living shit out of the games on consoles, everyone is on a level playing field, and it's got a much bigger playerbase.

>custom zombies maps
Don't tell me I have to give Activision my money

>Yes, it is.
No it's not. You don't even understand what Aim Assist in BO3 even does. All it does is make your reticle sluggish or sticky when it's ontop of the enemy.
>That makes it even worse because now it basically makes the main draw of the game (the movement) useless.
I've got literally 500+ hours on PS4 BO3. You're a moron and ALL the best players are soaring around styling on poor ground-bound scrublets.

WAIT A SECOND, I JUST READ THIS

SERVER BROWSER?

BO3 HAS A FUCKING SERVER BROWSER?

I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT MODS, BUT FINALLY A FUCKING COD GAME WITH A FUCKING SERVER BROWSER AND DEDI SERVERS

All I want is custom maps and rpg mod like in cs:s

Fuck promod

Will there be custom zombie maps?

I could be wrong, but I think all 3 Black Ops has server browsers

>console port finally gets modding tools
>no one gives a shit because all the modders are either all sucked up by Bethshit games or are too busy engaging in a patching war with Rockstar

Blops2 did not.

>they optimise the living shit out of the games on consoles
My fucking sides.
Black Ops 3 is actually the least-optimized CoD game of all time.
>All it does is make your reticle sluggish or sticky when it's ontop of the enemy.
No shit, that's what aim assist does in pretty much every game.
>You're a moron and ALL the best players are soaring around styling on poor ground-bound scrublets.
Before getting shot down by anyone who's not shit.

>I've got literally 500+ hours on PS4 BO3.

I honestly think that this is Activision/Treyarch seeing if they can expand the lifespan, and PC audience, of CoD games with post-release support. They also did that cheap entry version.

Treyarch aren't under quite as much pressure to push shit out now they're on a three year, rather than two year, cycle.

>No shit, that's what aim assist does in pretty much every game.
It doesn't fucking create magical zero recoil auto-turrets that can track enemies as they soar overhead without any effort or input from the player. But that's the picture that was being painted in that other post.

>Before getting shot down by anyone who's not shit.
No. These flying prestige masters will kill you before they touch the ground and before you've had time to fucking fathom the angle they're coming at you from.

Shut your inexperienced, ignorant fucking cock trap.

>got bo3 few weeks after launch
>had fun for a few months
>they start pumping out special crate weapons
>didn't get a single fucking weapon
>uninstall.exe
That was what, half a year ago? Time to reinstall and see what's up. Have they added any new operators?

i've unironically enjoyed every cod on pc since release

this is the first that pits aim-assisted consolebabs against kbm players, and it singlehandedly turned me off the series until they rectify the problem. previously aim assist just wasn't a factor; if you used a controller against kbm players, you'd be destroyed (and rightly so).

aim assist in bo3 involves the sticky reticle, but it also minimizes flinch and recoil, and ADSing snaps you to a target within a certain degree of your reticle (provided you're at the proper range; the reason smgs are so good in bo3 is because they have the best snap-ADS range for many sightlines in many maps)

soon. i hope

no it's not you fucking liar

>aim assist in bo3 involves the sticky reticle, but it also minimizes flinch and recoil
It's still never as bad as the complainers will mention. And they never mention the biggest and most common issue which is how it can occasionally like 1/200 times fucking wallhack and sticky-aim on people behind walls.

?

>console-based shooters
>nay, console-based ANYTHING
>selling anywhere near 'well' on PC
>especially when the PS4 alone sold 15 million copies
>WITHOUT a significantly cheaper version or constant sales

There's a damn good reason why it took months to patch the game to work on PC. Consoles are always where all the sales are, they could effectively not make a PC version at all given how poorly any console port sells on PC. On PC, it's to be celebrated when a game sells 1 million copies at 5 dollars a piece. On consoles, it's expected to sell 15 million at 60 dollars a piece. And you wonder why so many publishers constantly give PC the shortest end of the stick.

>It doesn't fucking create magical zero recoil auto-turrets that can track enemies as they soar overhead without any effort or input from the player.
But it DOES break the movement in the game since it's extremely powerful, mainly to make up for console users not being able to aim.
>These flying prestige masters will kill you before they touch the ground and before you've had time to fucking fathom the angle they're coming at you from.
Kek, sure, whatever you say m8.
>Shut your inexperienced, ignorant fucking cock trap.
Eat my dick you dumb nigger, go back to your povertybox.

I'm not saying it will succeed, but they're trying. They did make a cheaper version that was like $20, and long-tail tends to be a bigger thing on PC than consoles.

>But it DOES break the movement in the game
My hundreds of hours in the game disagree. I jump around in the sky all day and so my teammates and enemies
>Kek, sure, whatever you say m8.
You haven't played it. You literally have no right to an opinion here.

>game still runs like shit on PC
>the new game is literally a month away from release
>they waste their time on his shit

They should've just worked with sledgehammer to do mod tools for CoD 4 remaster and/or Infinite Warfare. This is so stupid.

>My hundreds of hours in the game disagree. I jump around in the sky all day and so my teammates and enemies
Then you're clearly playing against absolute scrubs.
>You haven't played it.
Literally playing it right now.
As previously stated, go back to your povertybox nigger.

It would be hilarious if the modding scene actually took off and cockbocked Infinite Warfare.

I honestly think CoD4 remaster could be huge on PC and stay alive for years if they handle it right.

Too bad they won't and it will probably run like shit or immediately get flooded by hackers.

Probably true. But dedi support and a $30 pricetag when it's eventually released standalone could potentially make them a shitload of money.

The original PC version has more features than the remaster however

>game reaches end of life cycle
>just now they add mod tools

I see what you did there, Activision.

Sure, but you have to jump through hoops to get it working because the anticheat shit is broken out of the box.

>Literally playing it right now.
Not on console. So you have no ability to speak to the playstyles or viability of things on console.
>you're clearly playing against absolute scrubs.
No. I'm playing against parties of Prestige Masters.

You. Are. Wrong.

Deal with it.

Where's the mod that makes the game not look like playdough on 2 gig video cards?

>I'm playing against parties of Prestige Masters.
>It's a "MUH PRESTIGE MATTERS!" babby

No zombies no install. 45 gigaboots is too expensive anyways.

Experienced players jump and jet around all day. I'm sorry you're too up your ass to listen to what somebody who knows better is saying. I bet you're gonna ignore some much more important advice in the future to the detriment of your health and property.

>who knows better
Stopped reading there.
You're likely just some college kid who got into CoD with MW2 and thinks he knows shit about the game.

Do you play on console? Have you logged at least 200 hours of CoD on XB1 or PS4? No?

Then I know better. You ignorant fucking child.

I've played more CoD than you've played of all your games combined on your povertybox.

Average count is actually low.

That original post says you can't find anything but TDM basically. It's true.

Can uncheck gamemodes at the library listing, reducing the download amount.

It's probably the only reason I got the game, as the vanilla maps are pure bullshit design, but the mod tools are just now coming out in light of another game.

Yeah, CoD was decent before Blops 1, but not so much now.

W@W was the last good cod game.

Maybe Activision should make a game worth playing with a M/KB.

I liked black ops 2, being able to make a loadout with only pistols and actually be effective was pretty fun

I remember when people said there's overpowered shit in black ops 2. Is that even true?

Advanced Warfare was better, I wish people were still playing it on PC