Are there ANY games even close to Bloodborne's level in terms of atmosphere?

Are there ANY games even close to Bloodborne's level in terms of atmosphere?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hBlBtP3-x_w
youtu.be/47ZvUMoe-mo
youtu.be/KxnWjyvmpnI
youtu.be/27MxyZ053II
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kerbal Space Program

Silent Hill 3 maybe.
And the tanker of MGS2.
But yeah Bloodborne has a top tier atmosphere.

METRO

I'd say Demon's Souls comes pretty close to how effective the atmosphere comes off, but in an entirely different way.
BB gives you this feeling of being a total outsider, stumbling further and further into deep, deep mysteries that eventually become way too much to handle without going absolutely insane. It's really unique in that way.

Shenmue

Metroid Prime

Darkest Dungeon

Bioshock was pretty good

>>>/reddit/

Why?

Did reddit even play Demon's Souls? Wouldn't it be more appropriate to call him a sonygger?

Super metroid and metroid prime

I love Bloodborne, but the swamp area is ass, and Nightmare Frontier is boring and badly designs.
Please tell me in gets better, everything before those, and the Castle of Cainhurst were great. Haven't done the other stuff though.

to be honest I thought bloodborne was a pretty standard souls game, it just stuck more closely to one place rather than jumping around to completely different eras

Thief has better atmosphere

>boss is a tree that is pissing itself

i beat bloodborne first playthrough without even going to the castle

Metro and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Almost every good game from eastern europe in fact.

Thief: Deadly Shadows

>implying any game could beat STALKER in atmosphere

>bloodborne

All trash that doesn't hold a candle to Bloodbornes kino atmosfear.

Why do I continue coming to this sub? You inbreds can never contribute properly.

Old hunter set truly is the best outfit in the game. Couple it with Old hunter top hat looks even better.

Kek. I guess you never played it?

(You)

> this sub

Ok, you are pretty good.

Get ready for those (you)s.

Scorn - A Gigeresque Horror Adventure, very alien and dark. Still in production. youtu.be/hBlBtP3-x_w

Mythos: The Beginning - Set in London in 1934, Mythos tasks you with creating your own paranormal investigator from scratch and guiding them through a frightening exploration of the infamous Harborough Asylum. youtu.be/47ZvUMoe-mo

Why don't you just go back to r eddit?

Is the old Hunter set Gehrmans, or do you get it in the DLC?

No not Gehrman's. You get Old hunter set in Old Yharnam. Can't remember where in OY since been ages since I last played it.

You buy it off the messages with insight at the side of the house after beating Gehrman

You're thinking of the Charred Hunter's set, that's what's in Old Yharnam and your pic. Old Hunter's set is in the DLC.

messengers*

Looks pretty cool.

Nightmare Creatures!

Diablo 2 - ARPG that takes the players to Hell itself to conquer mankind's most infamous foe. youtu.be/KxnWjyvmpnI

Shadow of the Comet - A gorgeous DOS point-and-click adventure inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft. youtu.be/27MxyZ053II

>kino atmosfear
>coming to this sub
>you inbreds
from which shithole do you come from abortion?

Pikmin or Pikmin 2, I can't really choose one over the other.
Pikmin 2 and Bloodborne are my two favourite games, I'm a sucker for good atmosphere.

Well shit, my bad.

user is right.

I really hope people are replying to this bait ironically. It's not even subtle

The Secret World

Demon's Souls

Thanks man.

obvious bait but the director of Bloodborne literally said its atmosphere was based off an area from Demon's Souls

that looks like the charred hunter torso

it is

Tower of Latria alone has better atmosphere than Bloodborne imo

Fuck those things, tower of latria was so fucking hellish

You never get Gehrman's real hunter set, just his under layer. You also can never get his blunderbuss.

In terms of level design, difficulty, and atmosphere:

Nightmare of Mensis > Tower of Latria

Demon's Souls is most definitely up there and should be noted.

>tripfag
opinion discarded

This. In terms of level design BB wins but nothing could top Tower of Latria 3-2's atmosphere, for me that is.
The ominous beating heart & the distant shadowy connecting towers is what made it so good.

SMT Nocturne

It was too anime for its own good, I much prefer the medieval setting of the souls games.

Are we sure we are not being influenced by playing DeS first.

DeS sticks out in my mind a lot more but that was also years ago.

Dead space.

I played it second after beating DaS and it became my favorite.

Yeah but you played Demon's before BB.
that is the comparison here.

I played DaS before DeS and loved DaS but I still like DeS more

Reposting with a pic since no yous

>sub

What's the best version of this game?

>>>/hell/