Why weren't there any Star Trek games made lately?

Why weren't there any Star Trek games made lately?

Except that one mmorpg, which isn't very good tbqh.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9h2992lCTHU
youtube.com/watch?v=4OC5NgvAnVY
strawpoll.me/11341371
twitter.com/StarTrekDog
twitter.com/StarTrekDog/status/774761459704328192
disruptorbeam.com/games/star-trek-timelines/
youtube.com/watch?v=ocW3fBqPQkU
youtube.com/watch?v=ReOw_2f4lpY
youtube.com/watch?v=je--v8Y1ugc
youtube.com/watch?v=DWIVEuK5ATw
youtube.com/watch?v=hdQcGzbpN7s
youtube.com/watch?v=K-YyL7X4CWw
youtube.com/watch?v=6VhSm6G7cVk
youtube.com/watch?v=qAXW4CktofY
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Caitian
youtube.com/watch?v=bAjVh_pc9wU
youtube.com/watch?v=bhNQ9cv5K7Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dukat did nothing wrong

Because they made a perfect one already

You will probably get Star-trek Discovery games.

Kirk vs Picard vs Sisko

Who wins?

Janeway

Kirk of course

How did Nana Visitor manage to stay so cute after all these years?

Janeway with prep time

What about the VR one being made?

>it's a kira episode

the real mmo supposedly being made just ran off with the money after some bullshots.

So I started playing STO yesterday but I'm still not clear on which career path to choose.
I heard engineering is "you never die, fun in the ground" but also that the defining factor is the ship, and I see science as an interesting alternative gameplay-wise too.
Can I play engineering career and use a science vessel or do I have to go full science? I kinda see more appeal RP-wise in a engineering career too.
What do.

Picard ofc

If omnipotent beings and time itself can't take the motherfucker down, nothing can

Did you see what she looks like now?

only time picard wasn't a complete cuck was in first contact

user...

if you pick engineeer in sto you will want to kill yourself. the devs give no fucks about engineer and its boring as fuck doing no damage and watching the other classes shit all over you

the other 2 are vastly better

But I heard it's fun on the ground, can I go engineer and use a science ship or will I be gimped regardless?

I want Kira to be my mom desu

I still would, 2bh

wtf.

Are these Odo and Dax?

I like how Odo voiced Mr House

You can use whatever the fuck you like

It wont change the fact that red shirts mop the floor with you and blue shirts get cool abilities.

Luckily I overheard these top secret Cardassian military clearance codes in my shop.

I have fond memories of DS9 the fallen.

Even though grigaris gave me ptsd.

>watching ds9 for the first time
>"what the fuck, why do people keep saying this shit meme"
>mfw half season 5
what a fucking rollercoaster of a show

Why do women's hands age so terribly?
I'm looking at Odo's and they don't look as bad.

It was the best Star Trek because the characters all behaved like flawed people rather than sterile boring robots, and the Feds weren't just the clear good guys throughout.

That's just because he's a shapeshifter

>Dax
Oh god what happened? I would still bang Visitor though.

no that's odo and jatzeya

Sins of a Solar Empire had a fantastic Star Trek mod. I wonder how far it's come now.

Damn, Dax aged like milk. Kira's still got it.

Sisko

Is it better than Fleet Operations for Armada?

better question: who was the better first officer spock or riker?

the only thing dukat did right was kill kai wynn.
the arc where he's fighting against the Klingons in a stolen bird of prey was pretty awesome though.

>it's a Kai Wynn/Prophets/MUH BAJOR episode

Spock, obviously.

Never played that, can't compare. But Sins is a large scale RTS with some 4X elements. It's kinda like Supreme Commander but in space and with some added economy/culture mechanics.

Okay then, I'll play an atheist bajoran fedora-tipper science captain.

I don't think the kids give a fuck about star trek.

i think she looks better than nana visitor desu apart from the old lady hands

chakotay

KLINGON'D

>retake terok nor
>that dukat break down

jesus christ. Fucking Sisko with his wormhole hacks

>Can I play engineering career and use a science vessel
Yes. Your bridge officers affect your space abilities far more than your character. Your character's career is more about what you can do on the ground.

Five-star post, very amusing.

Are you serious. Damnit, Odo keeps getting better

*smacks lips*

> Rewatching for the 8th time
> That bit in Season 4 where he gives Sisko a fireworks show and steals the Bird of Prey and you think hes gonna become a begrudging ally, leading a Cardassian Resistance against the Dominion.
> FUCKING DAMAR, the dude who killed Ziyal becomes the hero of Cardassia

BERMAN IS A HACK!
A FUCKING HACK FRAUD!

New 23rd century fleet holding coming to STO next month.
Can buy 23rd century weapons, training manuals, and bridge officers.
youtube.com/watch?v=9h2992lCTHU

He was also in the Uncharted and Legacy of Kain series, plus a few other games.

>According to a behind the scenes featurette in Soul Reaver 2, showing candid discussions among the voice actors during recording, he was surprised at the quality of the writing, asking, "This is for a video game?!" when the purpose of the recordings was brought to light.

Is engineering that shitty in the ground too or is it any fun? compared to science at least. Drones, mines and grenades sound like fun.

Star Trek Fighting Game when?

>Sisko with Baseball bat
>Chakotay with Boxing Gloves
>Seven of Nine with MvC2 Jill zombie summons
>O'brien with self damaging moves
>Riker
>Clone Riker
>Hologram Riker
>Alt-Future Riker

Odo is cute, CUUUTE

>"This is for a video game?!"
I read that in his voice

>Riker's beardless player 2 costume

>in/exteriors still totally out of scale
>another $5000 or 8 month grinder
holy shit just let it die already and get on a new trek mmo

Dunno, I play a tactical captain. My engineering bridge officer's mines seem to go off a lot though especially against the Borg, and the turrets and medical generators have helped me out tons of times, so it seems like a useful career for ground missions. Don't think they get grenades though, since tactical gets them, but again I don't play engineer so my knowledge is limited.

youtube.com/watch?v=4OC5NgvAnVY

fuck beardless riker.

Important poll: strawpoll.me/11341371

Anyone had any good ideas for this 'anthology' show they're making?

I'd kill to see a series following a Jake Sisko as a 'regular ordinary' Federation Civilian doing some daring doos and covert space operations with his ferengi starfleet buddy and accumulated alien rogues to assist him and his junker starship.

Nana looks hotter now than when she was in DS9.

>mfw I was thinking something like this the other day
great minds think alike, friend

>he still thinks it's an anthology show
You might want to google that shit and catch up on the last few months' worth of news.

That concept is pretty compatible with his established interest in journalism.

2bh i stopped right there because no matter what modern trek will probably be utter garbage as evidenced by Voy and Ent.

What's the gossip other than the female nig captian and fag director adding fag characters?

jake was a bitch. I'd watch something about nogs starfleet career tho

> Alien as a Primary Character.

Please senpai.

voyager was good

It was a 6/10 when everything before it was 8-9/10.

>had a chance to do Gorn and Lyran in the new movies
>haha nope fuck you have more lens flares and beastie boys music

Will we ever get some science fiction back into science fiction series?

it was hit and miss like TNG to be honesto with you familiams
some really bad episodes and some really good ones

>that episode when paris and janeway go sanic fast and turn into lizards who then fuck

>nig captian and fag director adding fag characters
Star Trek always had sort of a liberal agenda, but in my eyes it was executed well for the most part, with some degree of subtlety when possible.
I'm afraid of the bullshit they might pull off with the upcoming series, this being CURRENT_YEAR and all.

>>had a chance to do Gorn

sure, if you wanted to waste the whole movie on talking

>that episode when crusher gets raped by a scottish ghost thats been raping her family for generations

In a fight, sisko. He beats up klingons on the show, scrawny old white guys cant compete.

>female nig captian
Stop parroting Cred Forums memes. We don't know shit about the captain yet.

>that episode where picard falls in love with some random bitch and has duets with her in the maintenance vents
>that episode where tasha gets abducted by KANGZ

Beardless Riker is bad but it's still an episode. Wesley makes you want to punch the screen.

According to wikipedia it's a "female minority", but also not a captain.

Remember the time Riker murdered two people?

>people complaining that Beyond included "SJW pandering"
>people worried the new series will have "liberal bullshit" in it

I swear to fucking god I know Cred Forums is dumb as shit and full of underage faggots but why do so many "Star Trek fans" on Cred Forums talk as if they've only ever seen Into Darkness?

I've even seen sad retards arguing that Star Trek is secretly redpilled. So fucking cringeworthy. Like when feminists insist Game of Thrones is feminist.
You like something that doesn't pander to your political leanings - you like something that was made by """the enemy""" so just fucking deal with it.

If they made an incredible Star Trek game that had writing just like the best Star Trek episodes, it would be "SJW shit" and every perpetually triggered antiSJW faggot on Cred Forums would have to deal with it.

Thankfully it will never happen because now Star Trek is just about lasers and explosions instead of dealing with ethical questions because we wouldn't want to make the conservatives in the audience uncomfortable would we? Not when there's money to be made.

It's because in a post scarcity world all policies would be liberal. There would no longer be a need for conservatism.

Something that always confused me about star treks post scarcity is that ds9 clearly uses money. How is quark making profits in latinum or whatever if you can just replicate that? Or better yet, just replicate the drinks.

latinum can't be replicated
replicated drinks contain no alcohol iirc because star trek takes place in a dystopian commie future

latinum has value because it can't be replicated

Reminder that Nicholas Meyer's dog has a twitter.
twitter.com/StarTrekDog
>I've never trusted cats and I never will. I can't forgive them for the theft of my toy.

And ocassionally drops hints about Discovery.
>Uncle Bryan keeps talking about heading across the border very soon. Can't tell if he means the Neutral Zone or a trip to Mexico.

Those sad fucks are too far gone.

If they include gay characters I hope it's a cute vulcan lesbian, though.

>replicated drinks contain no alcohol

That's not true. You think of Synthehol but they replicate real alcohol just fine in the TV show.

each movie had shitty tie in games

Also, a lot of races are not part of the Federation.

who the fuck is sisko?

Star Trek's liberal agenda was never subtle. It's what the show was about.
The only thing that's changed is back then you weren't yet conditioned to be triggered and outraged as soon as you saw or heard anything liberal. Now you are.
So in a way you should watch the new series to see how you've actually become dumber and more easy to offend over the years. Welcome to the outrage generation, take your seat.

And don't forget to thank Cred Forums for helping you on this wonderful journey into perpetual offence.

probably riker for the lulz. but in all actuality spock.

Hopefully we won't have to put up with that abortion of a ship for long.
>I love the #StarTrekDiscovery writing staff, honestly. But if they're going to debate exploding bolts for saucer separation, I'll just nap.
twitter.com/StarTrekDog/status/774761459704328192

>offence

The diatribes were always the worst part of Star Trek. Usually, they managed to pack in some quality sci-fi. People aren't worried it's going to be left-leaning. They're worried that the "message" is going to be all that's to this new series.

Yeah, the post-scarcity thing was never explored to any extent. In every series, the men are paid, they gamble, and they even go to work. The Federation as a whole does indeed trade and conduct commerce with other races. Since everything you replicate does indeed consume energy (which isn't free in the context of the show), it's unclear why people wouldn't need to pay for what they wanted. Perhaps these costs are meager at the individual level and covered by the state. Who knows.

>tfw not a trek fan
>tfw enjoyed beyond
yorktown was boss as fuck. feels bad knowing earth's humanity will never reach that level of science and tech.

that game is fucking terrible, I remember having to fire 12 photon torpedo to disable, not destroy, a ferengi freighter. one single photon torpedo should have been enough to cut that fucker in half

Star Trek always did diversity right though. Unlike modern tv/movies/vidya having nigs in charge of space stations fit the setting fine and didn't feel as shoehorned in. Also, since Star Trek is a commie/everyone is equal world they never really made that big a deal on the show that there was a minority in a high position. This is what Cred Forums gets mad about, pandering to fill diversity quotas. Having gay characters that have their own more important character traits instead of WOW LOOK AT ME I'M GAY SO PROGRESSIVE UGH that lots of modern media has for example.

>terri farrell

JUST

starfleet's leader for a space station called deep space nine, he isn't a captain when the show starts but becomes one later. he's also not even a contest to Kirk or Picard considering he spends most of his time on a space station being space mayor, and not a starship usually

>it's shoehorned pandering when I don't like it
>it's "diversity done right" when I do like it

Just kill yourself.
I would happily place a bet for a million dollars that something is going to trigger you in the new Star Trek, because even if it fits in perfectly, the first whiff of liberalism is going to have you screaming about forced, shoehorned agendas. And you fucking know it you idiotic little shit.

>What will last longer: the room discussing phaser strengths or my rawhide chewie?
>They're still talking about phaser strengths of #StarTrekDiscovery relative to TOS.
>The @StarTrekRoom writers are discussing what a reimagined Salt Vampire would look like.
It's nice to see the writers have their priorities in order.

>Having gay characters that have their own more important character traits instead of WOW LOOK AT ME I'M GAY SO PROGRESSIVE UGH that lots of modern media has for example.

How do you decide if it's the one or the other? If they want it to have a faggot in the cast, let them have their faggot. As long as the writing is okay I don't mind "pandering".

It was blatant as fuck in the 60s (by 60s standards), but yeah i wouldn't call any of the TNG through Enterprise out as annoyingly blatant liberalism. Even ToS being blatant by 60s standards is stilted and ""offensive"" by modern metrics.

I just get the feeling they will use it as an excuse to shoehorn in some really blatant stuff just so they can go "HURR STAR TREK HAS ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THIS (in the 60s) SHITLORD!" and reduce another facet of nerd culture to generic pulp that does nothing to actively expand or explore the possibilities allowed by such a franchise, as we've seen with the movies.

disruptorbeam.com/games/star-trek-timelines/

holy shit, I want that on a tee
>"WARP SPEED DON'T RAINBOW READ ME NIGGA"

>How do you decide if it's the one or the other?

By how it's portrayed in the show? What you're basically saying is "I don't mind if the writing is bad, so long as the writing isn't bad."

youtube.com/watch?v=ocW3fBqPQkU

>its a kira episode
what a shitty character

>quoting what I said in green text proves me wrong
Unless discovery has lazy CURRENT YEAR writing, why would I get "triggered" at liberal diversity if I wasn't in other Star Trek media?
If you are willing to dismiss lazy writing because the character is a minority, you're probably the target of the pandering.

>Cardassians removing anything after DS9

They fucked up for life.

forget klingons. he punched fucking q in the face.

Oh my fucking god I want to punch that stupid fuck in the face it's been like 10 years and even just a simple picture of him still pisses me off holy shit why did nobody just fucking hand him over to the Wraith and be rid of that fucking faggot for good.

To be fair, everybody seem to be able to beat up klingons.

Personally, I didn't give two shits about Sulu being openly gay in Beyond because it was subtle, they didn't raise too much fuss about it in the movie itself or even outside, only easily triggered people actually did.

They already had a black dude in charge, tons of "minorities" in the main cast, tons of the usual "liberal bullshit" in their plots and nobody ever gave two shits. Every time someone does something like this nowadays, however, it seems like they do it as if they're breaking molds every fucking time, even if it's been done a thousand times before, and most of the time better.

That's where all the "fears" about the upcoming series come from I'd say, that they might use shit like this as a shield against bad writing, instead of using it to actually improve their writing as they always did, for the most part at least.

GHOST'D

was sulu gay in character though? I thought it was just the actor

Can you even give an example of "CURRENT YEAR" writing compared to good writing? Just hammering caps locks and saying shit like
>WOW LOOK AT ME I'M GAY SO PROGRESSIVE UGH
doesn't actually mean anything because nothing is written like that.

Because it really, really sounds like you're planning to scream "fucking SJWs" the moment a gay character in Star Trek says or does anything that actually shows them to be a homosexual.

George Takei is RL gay, his character in the 1960s show wasn't. (Future movies establish that Sulu had a wife and daughter.)

Now, with the Reboot movies the story dudes decided to make younger Reboot Sulu gay, when Takei said "that's a stupid idea, even I don't like it. People can separate the actor from a role," and they did it anyways.

Reboot movies are in their own timeline/alternate universe from the TV Show timeline.

Prime timeline Sulu was straight, had a wife and daughter.
Kelvin timeline Sulu is gay.

I like the concept for the new ship. It has a visible neck which I missed and isn't so terrible streamlined like the newer stuff.

I don't know about JJ Star Trek, but original Sulu eventually had a kid. Granted, that could have just been a turkey baster and an egg donor, but, if anything, evil Sulu and evil Uhura were fugging.

>Future movies establish that Sulu had a wife

They didn't. Just his daughter.

Sulu's modern actor is straight and the character is gay.

Sulu's old actor is gay and the character was straight.

Spock's new actor is gay and the character is straight.

Spock's old actor was awesome and took nude photos of fat chicks.

It wasn't directly addressed before until Beyond, where they had him with his daughter and husband in a couple scenes.
You might not even notice if you didn't know beforehand.

>had a wife and daughter
I recall a daughter, did they ever mention a wife?

I find the engineering section to be far too flat and undetailed compared to the amazing saucer section. Angle the nacelle pylons upwards a little bit (but not too much) and add some greebles to the engineering hull and it'd probably be great. Maybe move the nacelles a bit further back on the pylons too; it's kinda weird that they connect at the ass end of the nacelles.

>it's a jake sisko episode
STOP SELF-INSERTING YOU LAZY HACK FRAUDS

I stand by my earlier bet:
I would, in an instant, place a bet on you finding something in the new Star Trek series triggering, and no matter how well done it is you will call it shitty writing, bad characterization, and shoehorned agenda pushing.

A million dollars. No doubt in my mind.
The evidence is right there in your post. You are preparing for it already, you are ready to get mad as soon as it does anything liberal and call it nothing more than a defense for shitty writing.

A
million
dollars

Sisko is the only one willing to get his hands dirty for the mission. im going with him.

>shoehorned agenda pushing
That's, like, all of Star Trek. It's part of the reason all these bleeding-heart bay area venture capitalist douchebags are pushing so hard right now. They all want the Star Trek future, but they want to skip the parts where we figure out how to ensure no one is wanting for basic needs, and a nuclear apocalypse.

Are you involved with the production of this show by any chance? you seem awfully defensive about it.
Anyways, I'd rather wait and see before casting judgment, and to be honest I'm positively hyped in a way, but I also stand by that all that fear going on is completely understandable: we've all been conditioned by a lot of shit going these past few years regarding this topic, and reducing to "it's all the 4chun's fault!" as you previously put is an extremely limited and simplistic view. See: Ghostbusters (2016)

I'm more upset by constant remakes reboots revivals sequels prequels spin-offs adaptations and spiritual successors than I am by minority characters.

I'm upset that JJ Abrams and Joss Whedon keep getting work.

>implying The Visitor isn't in the all time top 3 Star Trek episodes

>23rd century
seriously who the fuck likes this shit

I personally hate it, i much prefer, oh, ANY other design in star trek.

They did a good job removing themselves.

What about constant remakes reboots revivals sequels prequels spin-offs adaptations and spiritual successors where they specifically market their new minority characters pre-release?

youtube.com/watch?v=ReOw_2f4lpY

Faster Than Light

>Its a Troi's Mom episode

Sisko>Picard>Kirk>Janeway.

>hating on Lwaxana Troi, daughter of the Fifth House, holder of the Sacred Chalice of Rixx, heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

Chakotay was pretty bad but Robert Beltran was based as fuck

>this show is pretty bad, maybe I can get myself fired and salvage my career
>yo Brennan and Braga can I have a raise
>sure no problem
>er thanks hey listen can I have another raise so I'm making more than everyone else on the show
>sure
>oh well I mean okay hey can I have a romantic subplot Jeri Ryan along with makeout scenes
>you got it my man

pleb

star trek anime where the entire crew are cute girls when

I wanted to fuck Troi's mom more than Troi desu

At least until Troi started wearing the uniform and ironically became sexy as fuck

He had his moments.

youtube.com/watch?v=je--v8Y1ugc

>yfw the writers wanted Kira and Dukat to fuck and fall in love
>Visitor told them flat out that's retarded and Kira would never do that
>writers have Dukat fuck Kira's mother instead

>that episode Troi got told to drop her weird pyjamas and start using the regular starfleet-issued pyjamas

>CURRENT YEAR Trek
>Character describes Trump as the cause of the last great world war
>2/3 of engineering crew are women with grrrrl power attitudes
>Chief of security is trans
>No white men as primary characters
>Captain has an Obama poster in her quarters

Still one of the best scenes in DS9.
youtube.com/watch?v=DWIVEuK5ATw

>that one episode where Dukat literally NTRs some Bajoran who joined his pah-wraith cult.

Were people ever as pissed off about a Mexican American playing a Native American as they were about a white guy playing a genetically altered character with a sikh name previously played by a Mexican?

And what's with all the goddamn Mexicans in my Star Trek? And are Mexicans only able to get roles in scifi if they play people of non-Mexican origin? TV is very confusing.

Progressiveness is the entire fucking point of Star Trek, dumbass.

I liked this guy more when he was shooting brown people in dirty harry.

>implying tuvok isn't GOAT

>Were people ever as pissed off about a Mexican American playing a Native American

Not sure why people would be, there is plenty of Native American blood in the average Mexican.

Quarks was the best DS9 character.

youtube.com/watch?v=hdQcGzbpN7s

Is Tuvok the Vulcan equivalent off a psychopath?

Mestizos not even once

Neelix is just that annoying.

I always got the vibe from him that he was written as Indiana Jones but played by Ned Flanders.

Quark, Odo and Garak made that show desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=K-YyL7X4CWw
Sisko was not afraid to get his hands dirty.

So I just watched for the first time that episode where Odo lost his humanoid virginity, still not sure how it works, did he turn into a giant dick or something. Also how come he's actually male, shouldn't he be asexual or some shit.

I preferred him in Hellraiser.

retarded romance ruined odo for me to be honest
he's going to be a dumb lovebird for the rest of the series enjoy your stay

>TOS
>Power-mad murderer reasoned with and given a chance at happiness and independence

>TNG
>Accidental clone given a chance at happiness and independence

>DS9
>Same clone given an opportunity to atone for his sins

>Voyager
>LOL LET'S MURDEER TUVIX GREAT IDEA REALLY LIVES UP TO THE FEDERATION'S IDEALS!

i feel like i'm an outlier in the trek fanbase where i'm more interested in the characters and character development in the series compared to the science

>Enter the war years later when both their "allies"/competitors are already considerably weakend.

Those sneaky fucks are just like americans after WW 1 and 2. They got the most out of it.

Don't worry, you're not alone, you're probably not even an outlier, assuming we stick to pre-reboot Trek. No idea how fans of nuTrek feel.

>murder
cuck

Hey the Pacific was all the US.

There's a difference between being progressive as fuck, and fucking retarded in the name of progressiveness, to the point where you become regressive.

A simple example from the shitheap cellphone game, which has no gameplay and is garbage.

Admrial Riker from the future says some shit about how the federation is having problems with gender equality, and sends you on some missions about it.

What the fuck, man.

Liberalisim is the mainstream of the Federation. Conservatism IS liberalisim

Quark is providing shit that can't be replicated. Do I need to spell it out for you the shit he's into?

Everyone feels the same way, except the turbo-est of turbo nerds. That's why all the top rated episodes are heavily character driven

>Farrell

Wasn't she said to be kind of a bitch during the shooting of the series?

Fun fact: the guy they used for NA folklore stuff was actually some kind of Armenian scam-artist who fucked them over heard.

Star Flight is still a better Star Trek game than any real Star Trek game ever made was.

back when it just went free to play i used an engineer

used a cruiser ship that kinda looked like voyage

did some romulain mission 4 times that gave you a beam weapon that damaged both shield and hull

had 3 borg tech for everything else to get the bonuses

with the engineers starship repair coupled with a beam boat plus some random borg bonuses i dominated pvp and got bored of the game. i felt like i broke the game

people always bitched because i used tribbles to heal on ground missions because i didn't want to spend money on other healing stuff

Remember that one time when he got nerve pinched by Picard in the Die Hard episode of TNG?

Good times.

>progressive as fuck, and fucking retarded in the name of progressiveness

Yes, one happened before you learned to be triggered by liberals and one happened afterwards.
Now your idea of "progressive" is literally not challenging or changing anything.

If the new Star Trek does anything progressive whatsoever all the antiSJW kids on Cred Forums are going to lose their minds and insist "this is progressiveness done WRONG! not like in MY day when it was done RIGHT!"

Cred Forums is full of conservatives in denial. It's fine to be a conservative, but at least admit it. You can't do progressiveness in a conservative way because one is about changing things and the other is about keeping things the same.

can't wait for all the faggy shit to crop up in the first season of discovery

Was it ever said what happened to the kid?

I would have just tossed it through the airlock.

I am worried that the new Star Trek series will be too afraid of losing viewers by tackling ethical scenarios. If it's Star Trek done right then it absolutely should feel progressive and like it's challenging the issues of the day. Every single good Star Trek series has done this while not giving a shit about making right-wingers feel wrong or outdated. The new films are shit because they are too broad and don't tackle any issues at all. I have a feeling the network will be full of money hungry chickenshit jews and they won't challenge people's beliefs at all or come to any actual ethical conclusions like Picard used to.

Now call me a tumblrite or whatever, all the real Star Trek fans know I'm right. It should be unashamedly liberal, if not outright socialist. But my money says they'll play it extremely safe to maximize bot set sales and coast off the brand recognition for 7 terrible series before getting shitcanned.

I think it's interesting that Takei was against making nu-Sulu gay. I think it's because he understands the fanbase, and knows that the're like comic book fans in that they love the fuck out of their autistic continuity.

The implication is that time travel/paralel universes can change your sexual orientation. Which is hilarious.

>I recall a daughter, did they ever mention a wife?
In the novels and games. Her name is Yoshiko Sulu.

Fun fact. The native american consultant they hired to do the shit for Chacotay was a complete fraud.

And wasn't torres a mexican playing a half mexican half klingon?

Bitch, please. Don't work your ass off trying to tell me how I feel. Wanting some narrative consistency doesn't make me conservative. And writing in that the federation's gender policies suddenly moved 800 years into the past for a shitty plotline about gender equality is insulting and asinine.

How is STO now anyway? I had good times running around with my 3 clone vulcans. I haven't played in a few years. Did they ever raise the lvl cap from 50? I've got 3 Starfleet and 2 Klingon at that.

Is the borg set still decent? I liked how it changed the look of the ships, if there's new ones do they still do that?

Jesus dude, you sure are set defending something that isn't even out yet and assuming stuff about people you don't know using single posts as a reference.
Also, why the obsession with pointing fingers at Cred Forums.

>And wasn't torres a mexican playing a half mexican half klingon?
The actress is American and the character was born on an offworld colony.

It's still fun enough. Gambling central recently though; they released the JJ Connie in a lockbox, and a T6 TOS Connie in an R&D pack promo. I got neither, and am now eternally salty.
Level cap is 60 now. All reputation sets change the appearance of your ship, as do some sets from mission rewards.

If you want to tell me what you disagreed with in my post we can discuss that but your post doesn't refute anything, it's just a vague "lol what's your problem??"

It will go away like with that man skirt

>implying racism posters give a shit about Star Trek

I partially disagree. The FEDERATION should be unashamedly liberal. The old series and DS 9 had some center and center right ideas, particularly when it comes time to pull out the phasers and go in blasting, or the latinum for some wheeling and dealing, and some of those moments are the best of the series.

There's got to be a space mexico somewhere.

Shit I never made the connection that was him. Apparently he was in DA:O and Fallout 4 too.

>the nog PTSD episode

>you will never be a dyke banging alien chicks while adventuring through the Milky Way
Why even live?

I'll try to be more clear then.
You seem to be preemptively defending something that isn't even out yet, as I can see against some imaginary group that you think might get triggered just because. I'm trying to understand where does this adamant defense come from, since events from the latter years are leading most people to remain sceptic, in my opinion rightfully so.
I'm also trying to understand why do you believe this site has such a strong influence on that scepticism.

Today's liberalism is crazier than yesterday's liberalism, though. I say this as a left-leaning moderate.

Star Trek in the past has dealt with equality issues and matters of philosophy. The new series can still do that with subjects like homosexuality. What I think people are reasonably concerned about is the possibility that it'll embrace the "feels before reals" priorities of Tumblr, where men are women for thinking they are women, and characters make up their own pronouns to feel special.

a true progressive show would tackle both right and left wing problems. the left wing of today is no different from right wing, it's just as authoritarian and oppressive, just in different ways.

>some imaginary group that you think might get triggered just because
I'm directly addressing people in the thread who are preemptively complaining about "progressive" things showing up in the new Star Trek.
I'd also like you to point out where I tell everyone the new series is absolutely definitely going to be great and everyone is wrong to criticize it. I mean hey, it might be total shit. Voyager and Enterprise were, after all.

Your question makes no sense at all, though. Nobody in the thread has even criticized the new show. Because like you say, it's not even out yet. How could they?
But they are bringing up preemptive issues like "waah there could be a trans person" and "waah someone will be gay for NO REASON" and so on, which are just them getting mad at their own predictions.
I'm defending it as much as they're deriding it. I'm saying if there's a gay character, who gives a fuck, they're saying if there's a gay character, they'll cry about pandering. But neither of us are talking about a show that even exists yet.

I'm skeptic too, because there's a million things they could get wrong. And they probably will. I personally don't think they can pull it off simply because TV gets made in such a different way compared to the 90s, which is probably the last time a show like Star Trek could work.

And again, your post doesn't actually attempt to disagree with any point I've made, and just asks "what's your problem man??" You just asked it AGAIN with more words. I hope I've cleared things up for you.

My friend's roommate keeps asking me to play STO, the space controls are complete dogshit though and puts me off it every time i try to play it.

also in a month or so they'll be rolling out the upgraded lighting engine, introducing an entirely new look to the game. it bumps the requirements up to directx 11.

If you were Miles O'Brien, at what point would you have committed suicide?

Voyager was good. Might as well throw TNG and TOS under the bus too for having shitty episodes.

i started TNG recently, first star trek series i've watched. should i even bother with the films?

Why the fuck was he stealing from those aliens anyway? They didn't elaborate on any of it.

When Keiko was "cured" of having a 10 year old's body

Everything about this posts screams "I have never watched Star Trek".

I ended up quite liking Dr Bashir a lot

>Nobody in the thread has even criticized the new show.

We're on Cred Forums. Just fuck off to Cred Forums or Cred Forums or reddit..

and with new lights.

Watch TOS instead and Wrath of Khan. Then notice that TNG's first two seasons are rehashes of TOS and power through till you get to good episodes.

He was just asking too many questions so they thought he was a spy.

Marrying Cakehole.

Tens of trillions of people in the Federation, you'd think Starfleet would have a specialist for every planet to instruct Starfleet personnel in how to not completely fuck up.

They haven't. They've criticized things they think might be in the new series, but nobody has criticized the new series yet because they haven't seen it yet. There's a difference and it's easy to understand.
There isn't even a real trailer to criticize yet, unless you want to have a debate about the ship design.

>"waah there could be a trans person"
I have no issue with a trans character if it's actual trans-sexuality and not today's hormone pill-fueled delusions. Female character used to be a man? Cast a female actor and come up with a form of genetic modification acceptable within Federation society. Keep it liberal in the realm of science and reason.

Also Avery Brooks' ridiculous overacting was fun.

>snekposter

Why hasn't there been a good Star Trek anything since TNG/DS9 finished?

Sounds like exactly what they'd do. And it would be fine. But expect to hear faggots crying about Star Trek being "ruined" anyway.
Even though Dax was pretty much a proto-trans character anyway.

One of my biggest complaints about TNG and TOS was how it was basically just a bunch of people cruising around space sermonizing about how great and better the federation was then everyone else.

Even Insurrection had them bending over backwards to show how RIGHT Picard was about not wanting to make some 300 people move to save the lives of literally tens of thousands

Sisko had to do some shit and it wasn't treated as right by anyone especially Sisko himself.

>But expect to hear faggots crying about Star Trek being "ruined" anyway.

Enterprise already took care of that.

that episode with troi's mom fucking with everyone's head made me uncomfortable

>dax wanting sisko to fire a full spread of photon torpedoes inside her

And on the flip side, Tumblr would complain about the character not being played by one of today's "transgenders".

I wouldn't want it any other way.

Let's be blunt, lwaxana episodes in general are pretty hard to get through in general

Can we finally end this Enterprise ruined Star Trek meme when it was way better than Voyager and every TNG movie?

>Why weren't there any Star Trek games made lately?
Nobody really like JJ Abrams Trek or any other nuTrek for that matter. CBS isn't going to want to license a game for the old universe.

All of the TNG movies were pretty bad. Insurrection was the fucking worst.

Ironically, First Contact was the best because it was basically a movie length episode of the show.

>every

Voyager at least had Robert Picardo sassing all over the place.

Everything outside of season 4 was garbage with maybe half a season worth of decent episodes.

Because TV budgets have been slashed more and more since then and nobody can afford to make a scifi show that demands huge sets, space battle scenes, effects, makeup for dozens of alien races and prosthetics, and a full orchestra scoring the music.

After DS9 almost all TV became reality TV or panel shows because nobody could afford to make anything else. Things are starting to get a little better. But even something like Game of Thrones costs a fraction of what Star Trek would cost to make.

And on top of that, it's risky, because it has to be written well and for an intelligent audience. If it's proper Star Trek it won't appeal to everyone, it'll mainly appeal to nerds. It's hard to justify that kind of expense nowadays unless you're SURE every single fucking person watches and likes it.

Which is why the new series will probably be dumbed down shit and won't risk making anyone in the audience feel uncomfortable by taking a real stance on anything like they would in TOS and TNG. Hell it won't even be as brave as DS9.

Enterprise was good but so was VOY and the TNG movies were great. Generations is kino.

They get better as time goes on. She starts out as the unbearable overbearing mother but by the end she has enough character development to make her interesting. The later episodes about her falling in love with the suicidal alien, marrying out of desperation instead of love and her daughter who died as a child were all great.

>TFW no DS9 movie

>Everything outside of season 4 was garbage
Season one and two still had better episodes than the first two seasons of TNG, DS9 and Voyager I'd say.

Half of season three was pretty decent as well.

Exactly, nobody has really started criticizing, most people are just voicing their concerns at best, yet you're using that as a base to fabricate their future criticism.

My point is: you gotta admit progressiveness today isn't the same as it was before, nowadays it's used as a marketing tool in a more annoying way as it was used before, if ever, to the point many believe it's lost its authenticity and became shallow because of that.
This is where I believe most people concerns lie and I can get behind that. I don't think anyone will ever complain about gay, trans, or whatever if it's done good, but you are already assuming people won't care about that and complain regardless, all because of some concerns they are rising now, and I believe that's not fair.

nah, Ent was mostly shit and Archer had to be the worst captain Ive ever seen in scifi.
>Why are these aliens so mad my dog pissed over their sacred trees. Don't they know that's just what this animal they've never seen does?

>Hey let's just expose our own governments military secret base because spying is bad. Never mind how this will fuck up our standing in the galactic circle.

I swear his entire motivation seemed to be to just do whatever would piss T'pol off the most. STERLING Archer would have made a better captain.

DS9 isn't owned by the Federation, they are merely stationed there.

>>Hey let's just expose our own governments military secret base because spying is bad.

You should rewatch it. It was a vulcan base spying on everyone.

Good. DS9 is great and never got ruined by some shitty movie like TNG did (several times)

I need help from the Star Trek fans of Cred Forums.

I'm a Star Wars/Battlestar Galactica (new one) person that likes action more then Soap Opera. I could never get into the original Star Trek and as I grew older I appreciated it but still couldn't watch it, I could have ever to some degree watch the one with Picard in it but it was still to slow pace and not enough female alien booty.

Can you guys recommend me a Star Trek series I'd enjoy? Hell maybe another series? I couldn't get into Firefly

DS9 is probably up your ally.

>female alien booty.
This is old school tv series nigger.
This is how this goes.
And there is definitely a whole load of sexy females.

The closest to what you want could be star gate in terms of action.
But every Star Trek is what you would call "slow paced".

DS9 is actually worst.

I don't know how Avery Brooks's overacting would play out on the silver screen.

TNG movies were great.

DS9 in the later seasons is definitely what you want for action, but for every "holy shit everything's exploding" episode there's a "let's explore wartime PTSD" and "let's explore behind-the-lines politics" episode.

Oh boy a DS9 thread...

The newest Star Trek movie that came out, the old ship they were using. Was that a ship from one of the TV series? I

f I can grind my teeth and endure True Blood with my girlfriend and listen to that shit character Snookey I can probably bare the slow episodes of Star Trek. Hit me with the recs boys

As a exchange, here's the Star Wars review from Cred Forums rec screenshot

Which series has the most tits and ass to keep me occupied for the slow bits

>The newest Star Trek movie that came out, the old ship they were using. Was that a ship from one of the TV series?
Nah, it's unique to the movie.

Pacific was 85-90% US after Pearl Harbor, with some help from the Commonwealth nations, mostly Aussies and Brits. US also did a moderate chunk of North Africa (Commonwealth did heavy lifting there), and did about half of Italy and the Western front.

Really though, the Nazis were beat by American production and Soviet blood.

None of the TNG films were good.

ENT was never good.

VOY was never good.

Trek reboot is not good.

TOS was good, some TOS films were good, TNG got good after the first couple seasons, DS9 had some real shitty episodes but overall was good.

New Trek series will be bad, guaranteed, no way they'll put out a good scifi show in 2017.

Voyager from season 3 onward.

yeah but even when shit's not going boom there's a lot more intrigue going on

Wrong, it's in enterprise

Intrigue in Star Trek is still slow-paced without much action though. The episode considered to be the definitive DS9 episode is pretty much all talking, half of it being monologue, and the most action is two punches and an angry declaration of fraudulence.

No it isn't.

All of them.

How shit do you guys think Bridge Crew will be?

Science was broken back at release

>photon in fleet
>skill all Cd reductions and procs
>skill all photonic and emitter skills
> fleet of photonic ships that do constant decent damage and are up 80% of the time

>boffs with debuff and heal abilities
> covarient shields
> transphasic torps
>intrepid refit

Literally unkillable and the most annoying build Ever.

Hoshi was cute. Better ship mascot than the stupid beagle

Just because humans/the federation doesn't use money doesn't mean no-body else does.

Also I guess you can justify the drinks satisfying a 'made originally' feel instead of being replicated, like some people do with food (that episode where O'brien cooks a meal instead of replicating). Though Quark DOES use replicators in the bar, I guess he just has certain drinks that he doesn't.

They say more aliens than ever so I'm looking forward to it.

He does stock a lot of certain alien drinks

youtube.com/watch?v=6VhSm6G7cVk

Yes it is

I found him very annoying. I preferred Janeway.

They told the crew to underact to make the aliens they encounter shine, and that was the case for the Doctor too at first, but they forgot about that rule as they developed the Doctor and it ended with the Doctor acting like a psychopath relative to the rest of the crew.

fucking bajor

Why did the writers hate O'Brien. Was there some running joke amongst themselves that he had to suffer?

>Not counting loli kes and older voluptuous kes

He kept asking for more roles other than 'teleport guy'

why won't Morn just stfu

And coffee.

pleb

Let's see...
The last time you played was probably a bit before delta rising, so the last arc you were on was possibly the dyson sphere one.

After that one we found a star gate that led to another dyson sphere that was in the delta quadrant, so we flew through that into the area of space that raised our level cap to 60 and ship tier cap to 6.
The whole of Delta arc was basically milking on folks nostalgia of Voyager, with most of the crew back and voice acted, except Mulgrew who was either too costly or couldn't be assed.
After delta arc we got to the ICONIAN WAR arc.
Which started off nicely and evolved well, but then at the end the story was ruined by a klingon warrior going "We cant murder these guys in the past to save our present and future, we are better than that" and then Sela causes Hobus by killing an iconian and another one woving revenge.

After that headache of an arc ending we get thrown to the bizarre adventure of TEMPORAL WAR.
Near its end we got a new expansion called "Agents of yesterday" which added a TOS faction for feds to play with as well as a conclusion to the time war arc.
Best stuff about this was that they managed to re-create couple of TOS episodes in the TOS story arc and voice acted most of the old cast with voice clips ripped from the show.
Also Scotty and Checov were voice acted, one by the original actors son and the other by the actor himself.

>you will never pound diana and her provocative live television nipple shots

I don't think the Federation is fully post-scarcity, and some things take time and effort to create. You may not be paying much of anything for parts, but labor is still needed. Somebody or something has to build those ships.

So for a Star Wars fag like me who's only watched things like Battlestar, Star Gate is DS9?

I really want to enjoy Star Trek but the calm and collective talking and just "Every Day Life" esq living in space makes me tired, not that I don't enjoy it but I fall asleep and can't keep focus.

BBC America pratically only ever shows Star Trek anymore so thats usually what I have on but I have no clue what the fuck is going on. Last one I watched some people were changing into lizards and fucking each other on a planet that transformed them.

mostly soviet dont oversell yourselves

How much of the game is accessible with F2P

I was thinking of given it a try

I don't get it. Someone please explain.

not that user but
quite a bit is accessible. Keep in mind though that it can be quite a grind and the community is a bit of a closet nerd, much more so than WoW

All the story content, all the areas in sector space, all the queues for ground and space combat too.
Only things you can use real money on are virtual space ships and some other stuff you can buy for your character or account.
Mostly just lockbox keys and some costumes.
Although there are couple of useful ones too, like extra ship slots, extra character slots and the account wide unlock on energy credit cap.

Everything gameplay related is completely free. You get a handful of free ships to choose from. The pay ships are of course going to be better, but you can play and beat every mission, including the endgame PvE group missions, using entirely free ships and equipment. You basically are just paying for luxuries.

Kinda like the Federation itself. All the basics are free, it's just the luxuries you have to pay/grind for.

The Franklin is not an NX class ship.

Oh, no doubt the Soviets turned the Eastern Front into a bloody fuckfest and did the heavy lifting by drawing Nazi aggro and killing more krauts than you can shake a stick at, but Lend-Lease gave the Allies a leg up.

Good thing the commies didn't get all of Europe though.

>Still no official lesbians in Star Trek
The leopard tattoo aliens don't count because one of them in control was male

Beverly is so fucking hot.

nigga, alt-universe ezri was a huge carpetmuncher

Go back to your earl gray, Picard

The Federation is post-scarcity when it comes to everything people need to survive. You can replicate food and clothing and there are enough colony worlds, ships and starbases that you can have a comfortable life for free. You work either to do something you're interested in or to earn luxuries. Like in Trek 6 when Scotty says he bought a boat. A privately-owned boat and a waterfront house with a pier is considered a luxury, so you have to work for it.

I guess in return they provide nice housing and benefits to labours. I don't think all families have personal replicators, just those who are higher-class (and the rest get them from some place like a superstore?)

Why are there no arabs in Star Trek?

Shut up, Wesley.

because the federation is a utopian paradise

My uneducated guess is that they think space travel is haram and they live in underground ghettos on Earth.

Why is everything better in the mirror universe?

What else is it gonna be? Worse?

idk mang, id switch to the bad guys side just to be one of mirror kiras love slaves

I hope Destiny's getting mini skirts and pantyhoses, but I doubt it.

>fanfiction universe
Fixed that for you

O'Brien is LITERALLY the Solid Snake of Star Trek.

Dunno, but i still appreciate it.

arabs were eradicated in WW3

Star Wars fag here again.

Is DS9 a good place to get started or should I try and get something else thats more slow pace but not to much so I can start to get into it.

Do I need to watch from the very beginning because I need to be serious here, I don't think I'd be able to get through the 60's version

60's version is the best desu
Season 3 is dogshit though and worth skipping

Just start with TNG then watch DS9

Be warned that TNG seasons 1-3 are a bit shoddy, but it picks up real fast after that (they actually got a budget)

Sisko

science is best for Fed.

tactical is okay for klingons

Engineering is shit

tos still holds up but it can be a bit tedious watching pussy thrown at kirk every episode

Sorry for the next question. The new movies that have come out, are they in the same universe or is it a different one?

Wasn't there a lesbian kissing scene with Jadzia Dax?

Alternate timeline.

If you plan on watching the next generation, skip first two seasons, those were made by the big man himself and he added shit like "Starfleet being a peaceful fleet of science ships, starships being crewed ONLY by officers who all had to come from starfleet academy on San Fran" and tons of other very stupid things.

Voyager is the collection of tales about warlord Janeway bringing PEACE AND PROSPERITY™ to the delta quadrant.

Star trek enterprise was about the beginning of the federation with all tech sucking and it was mostly bad except towards the end but then it ended before it could get actually good.

TOS is an acquired taste.
Some episodes are pretty good, others are pretty meh and some are just bad.

The new movies are a split timeline from the original series, so they have the same characters but it's a new timeline (the first film explains it and has crossover elements from the original timeline)

its a tv show where the guy is random...

its called the eric andre show i think

Guys, what is this actor's full name?

I honestly forgot about that bit, I thought it wasn't a split timeline but just a regular time traveling scenero where they come from the future to the past.

Thanks Anons

>Was there some running joke amongst themselves that he had to suffer?
Basically yes. If I remember right, it's because he was the most "standard" out of the rest of the characters: You had a Genetically enhanced human, a former "freedom fighter"/terrorist, a black messiah captain, a transgender alien, a shapeshifter/"fallen god", Cardassian double agents, etc.

Any amount of suffering to these characters would have just been attributed to their character qualities. O'Brien however was just an engineer, nothing more. Not that this made him a bad character, it just made it easier to cause him pain

Alexander Siddig

صدّيق الطاهر الفاضل الصدّيق عبدالرحمن محمد أحمد عبدالكريم المهدي

>doesn't get banned
fuck the mods

It doesnt matter what ship you pick for what captain.
Know that the only thing that matters is the bridge crew and their skills, as well as the weapons and consoles and other parts you pick for your ship.
Your captain plays a surprisingly small part in the whole ship combat part.

Bad guy travelled back to the past accidentally in the Prime timeline (TOS) and causes events which didn't happen to create the Kelvin timeline (Reboot movies).

So anything and everything up to the point where the Kelvin incident happened from before TOS happened in the reboot movie timelines (including ENT and First Contact, you can see the ships in the second film as models)

>Episode 1
>Sisko is a shitty captain and his ship blows up with his wife
>Picard tells Sisko to his face that he thinks he's fucking trash and doesn't even deserve the shithole that is DS9
what a good series

Klingon Episodes are best episodes.

Derka el-Derka

Actually Nero came from post Voyager era.
STOs timeline continues from the time after Nero's and Spocks disappearance to the black hole.

Q stopped hanging around Sisko because he was fucking boring.

Yes

>That stupid ass ship that flys into the explosion

Well yeah, I forgot to mention the TOS timeline included TNG, VOY, DS9 etc., but I thought he'd get that anyway since I mentioned TOS.

So STO is in the Prime timeline? That's interesting

me on the left

Doesn't count, Dax was in a male when they fell in love

Not official but the Vanguard novels had a hot vulcan science officer that had rough lesbian sex with a klingon spy.

So it was the first trans kiss too!

Q stopped showing up because Sisko didn't take the bait.
Picard was a perfect plaything because of his strict moral code and belief in humanity. Sisko wants to punch Q in the face and get back to his coffee. Hell, he'd probably agree with Q that humanity is flawed and there's a lot of horrible shit going on. There's nothing Q could bait Sisko with other than maybe offering to bring his dead wife back but that is more like real torture than "a game" which is what Q likes.

Funny thing that: that didn't bother Q at all. It delighted him, because he could provoke Sisko to do things, whereas Picard was implacable.

Took me a moment, but i finally found the official timeline of STO and star trek as of now.

First of all:
Do not listen to ANYONE who tells you to skip ANYTHING. That's fucking retarded.

You can either start with The Next Generation (90s), or The Original Series (60s). Personally I recommend TOS, because it's really good in ways that other shows aren't, and it shows you what Star Trek is all about, before all the special effects and big budgets come in. TOS clearly illustrates the strong philosophical nature of the show, and makes you appreciate the individual characters a lot. There is also the issue where you might go into TOS unhappy because you're going back 25 years in film technology, and you'll be judging it by comparing it to the other series, which won't let you focus on it well. Seriously, TOS is best enjoyed first. There are also a couple of references in the other shows to TOS.

A bonus is that you'll like Star Trek so much, you'll get through the first season of TNG without quitting. That being said, TNG is another starting point. As mentioned, the first season is really slow, so there's danger of many people dropping it there. However, starting season 2 you get some great episodes littered here and there, and after that it's all around great. If you just can't stomach TOS no matter what, watch TNG instead, then maybe later you'll like Star Trek enough to watch TOS, but I still think you'll go into it with a less open mindset, because you'll be used to the more modern style of TNG.

I think he posted the wrong image. I agree this game is the perfect star trek game.

Yeah. Picard will beam his whole crew down to play Q's game. Sisko tells him to fuck off because he has borg to kill

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN

I'm actually working on a game set in the Star Trek universe, stay tuned.

The whole rant Sisko made about not wanting to go into the holosuite 50s club was pretty hamfisted and forced. Not only was Vic a stupid character but they managed to cram in a stupid racism subplot into the episode. They had done the black racism angle better in that episode where everyone became old timey writers.

Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abderrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi

Needsa to have a big warning sign over Voyager about all the temporal fuckeries they cause.

>Vic a stupid character

shut your whore mouth

The symbiote has no gender, it just is. Jadzia is a female body, therefore it's as female as anything else.

He's right

Cool, what kind of game is it?

>couldn't get into Firefly
looks like killing yourself is the only option.

Think XCOM meet Fire Emblem meet Jagged Alliance 2 meet Star Trek meet World of Warcraft meet Counter-strike

It's going to be hard as fuck to get into the 60's one, that's hard-mode for me.

No he's not, Pally.

Mirror Vic >>>>> Vic

>those times when Janeway got sick of going by the book and says 'fuck it'

It's campy but don't worry, even terrible episodes of TOS like Spock's Brain are still better than the garbage that was the first season of TNG just by virtue of being from a time when campy bullshit was the norm on tv. TNG season 1 had literally no excuse for being that bad.

>Mixing strategy with MMO and shooter

What the hell sorta abomination are you creating?

It's sad that they decided to make the new games as shitty movie tie ins instead of maybe CoDifying it and making a new elite force or something.

so what race does everyone play in STO

I know sulu isn't gay, but that seems wrong.

It'll be way harder if you watch it later. If you watch it first, you'll stop having that bias as soon as you encounter an episode you really, really like. The show isn't black and white or anything. Maybe it'll help to watch a good episode first. They really start to kick in during the 2nd half of season 1. All sorts of good shit like time travel to modern day.

You should watch Season 1 Episode 14. It's fucking golden. One of the best examples of "less is more". Without a huge budget, the tension created by the writing and filming FAR, FAR exceeds anything that expensive special effects could have accomplished.

Well I can't play it anymore at the moment because they removed the Macintosh Version but I was that blue race with my crew of lesbian harem didn't get far though sadly.

Betazed for critical hit combos

You mean every time?

Aside from that shit with the omega directive or whatever which she was so adamant to follow if course.

Well, you know, aside from destroying the only hope home right at the start of the series and being insistent at not following Admiral Janeway's advice at the end of the series.

Andorian, but I haven't played in a couple of years now.

Thanks senpai

It's mirror Sulu, cut him some slack.

Alium because best customization options.

I love how the writers were so worried about making a female captain appear weak or indecisive that they wrote her into a one-dimensional, violent, bitch completely turning her into a female stereotype. Thanks Jeri Taylor, you sure know how to write.

Namco made one for PS3, 360, and PC as a tie-in for Into Darkness. It was horrible.

The boring humans because im a boring person.

sulu was a fucking player

Ferengi

>about to post the Star Trek 2013 movie game
>already gone from Steam
th-thanks namco

and it still seems wrong. It's becuase I went into TOS already knowing takei was gay I guess.

>violent is a female stereotype
I know you really really want to circlejerk about how much we all hate women yet again, user. But at least try to make it sort of make sense.

If you've ever been in a relationship you'd know full well that a woman who is quick to anger and violent makes a lot of sense.

Wow the character creator is amazingly not shit

>Go to my "Questionable Website for Streams of Series Because I'm To Lazy to Download Them Site"
>TONS and TONS of Star Trek Shows and Films I've never seen before even as someone who's new to the franchise

There are some really questionable ones on this page, any Trek Fans know what the fuck some of these are?

Fan films.

Fan series. Some are actually quite good, obviously they're not canon though.

The animated series is an actual series.
Folks just forget about it occasionally.

youtube.com/watch?v=qAXW4CktofY

>Hot Cheetarah character
Why was I never informed of hot Space Mithras? Did they ever put them in the real shows?

No, the animated series is the only place with furry-shit. The series had a running crossover with Larry Niven's books.

They are seen for a few seconds occasionally in some places.

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Caitian

See that one that says Interplay on it? That's a videogame.

Also:
>Operation Beta Shield
lol

>watch a lot of TNG over the weekend
>"these are the scientific missions of the USS enterprise"

>plenty of episodes of riker sperging out
>plenty of episodes about someone's feelings getting hurt
>plenty of episodes about someone getting butthurt at a backwards space culture like they're the bureau of indian affairs
>lots of skirmishes with random military powers
>the only episode I saw any actual attempt at science involved wesley's mom agreeing to strap a guy in a shuttle and fly him into the sun
>they get in trouble with the federation for being fucking retards
>she spends most of the episode crying saying "we dindu nuffin"

Nice show trektards.

thank churchill for being paranoid of stalin before it was cool

Bump.

What are some more exotic and hot female aliens in Star Trek? Bonus points for huge breast and asses

flying aint all buds and charts, little albatross

Orions.

Well, fuck you buddy.

youtube.com/watch?v=bAjVh_pc9wU

Please tell me there are more like this

I'm sure Tasha had to deal with that stuff quite a bit.

RAPE GANGS
A
P
E

G
A
N
G
S

>Also, why the obsession with pointing fingers at Cred Forums.

He's just correcting the record, m8.

>that vorta guy who looks like jj abrams

Kek

You should check out Star Wars. It's WAY cooler.

The best Star Trek game is Space Quest 5

Buckley's loss, in four parts.

I'm not saying anything

Is there an easier to control the star ship in STO it's kind of a bitch. It's possible and even likely I just suck but man does this thing move awkwardly

sounds like you suck ass mate

the only speeds you need are max and e power to engines

Funny bit that, since Picard did that mind meld with Sarek he must have retained memory of shit like the nerve pinch

There's keyboard and there's mouse.

I suppose you could use a controller or something.

Use escorts, they're faster and easier to steer.

If you're flying a space whale like the Galaxy-class then you should expect it to handle like a space whale.

Big Gorn is Best Gorn

What?

it doesn't say scientific at any point in the intro bub

Jeffrey motherfucking Combs

Dude is a direct descendant of Murat.

>Sisko is a shitty captain
He was first officer
Its easier to understand when you realize that he still has all the memories of that time he was having visions about being a 50's sci-fi writer and got the shit beat out of him and thrown in a mental institute.

If you're just starting out you should know that the starter ship sucks. They get better although cruisers will always have the slowest turning rate, escorts the highest and science vessels are somewhere inbetween. For cruisers you just want to use broadsides attacks anyway as that's what they excel at, escorts with forward facing dual heavy cannons require you to make strafing runs instead.

>cat girls exist
>humans still exist

I don't understand

ah. good to know. I have terrible tendency to get shredded because it doesn't move fast enough

youtube.com/watch?v=bhNQ9cv5K7Q

The lack of poofy 70s hair for Caitians is one of the biggest disappointments in STO.

men tend to have more miscellaneous meat and gristle in their hands which fills it out and makes the hand look fleshier. women dont so their hands look skeletal

you can see a bit of thing peeking out of nana's pants. she obviously thinks she's hot shit and is proud of still being in decent shape at her age, but honestly at that age nobody is hot and even the ones who are still in shape need to accept the reality of being old and have more dignity than wearing thong underwear and tight pants.

Has soft-canon ever established who Demora's mom is?

Cause only middle aged mom's like start trek and they don't play videogames

I feel especially bad for Russ in that show, the only main cast who actually loved the franchise only to get landed on the show with the biggest pieces of shit behind the scenes.

He went on to help make and star in Renegades so fuck him

Years of heavy smoking caught up to her. I saw her speak at a convention a couple of years ago and her voice is very fucked up now.

Star Trek is a poor man's Star Wars.

At least his video game roles have been kinder.

"Okay Tim, now you're security chief on the motherfucking Enterprise under Captain J.L. Picard." "Nice." "Okay Tim, now you're an admiral and also a fucking boss." "Fucking sweet." "But you still have to babysit Talaxians." "Shit."

You idiots don't even know what the word liberalism means (liberal != liberalism). Educate yourself before parroting talking points from other dolts.

Speaking of Star Trek, how's Halycon 6?

Please stop, I don't want to be a furry

It's okay, aliens aren't furry

i wish shows would keep more outtakes. it's always like little 5 minute clips buy for a series that long there's got to be hours of random shit they could have shoved in the dvds

i once knew a guy who worked on voyager's cgi, the scenes with cg aliens before the aliens are added look fucking hilarious. particularly that episode where they meet the other federation ship that's being attacked by the little dimension-shifting aliens. just watching people flop all over the bridge at nothing.

Is this one of the guys that got super butthurt when someone remade the voyager opening sequence with better graphics like 20 years later?

no idea. just some roommate of a relative i knew years ago. i don't know if it's the norm for this kind of thing but his work machine had absurd specs (for the time) and looked more like some kind of plastic ottoman than a tower

>Grafixwaif

>looked more like some kind of plastic ottoman than a tower
You mean this one?

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

nah it was a full desktop setup with a couple huge monitors. the case was just very large and more like a cube than a standard tower, and the outside looked like industrial plastic. i can't remember the specs but the one that stuck with me was it had something like 32gigs of ram (me: you mean the hard drive right? no. i mean RAM) and this was back when voyager was still in production.

>VR.
Into the trash it goes.

Series with Jordi Laforge as a captain when?
>tfw the actor that plays data will never reprise his roll.

>every alternate universe episode had Kira go full Lesbo

what? Le var burton doesn't want any more star trek?

BTW nice jensen meme

she was bi as fuck, bro

Brent Spiner quit as Data because he thinks he looks too old to play the part of an immortal, ageless android

So it would either be extensive makeup/CGI to cover up his old man face or some bullshit about how Data decided to give himself wrinkles

>TNG
>Accidental clone given a chance at happiness and independence

>Implying

Riker is a murderer and has probably raped a few of the female ensigns(He's probably raped data too).

>bullshit about how Data decided to give himself wrinkles

That was stupid when Robin Williams did it will be stupid here

It's not like killing your own clone is murder

>you will never be Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abdurrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdul Karim El Mahdi and watch your wife make out with another woman

You know the worst crime about the whole Tuvix thing is they actually brought Neelix back.

Like okay I could see killing a dude to bring back Tom Paris, Toris or Kess. Maybe CHA-KO-TAY, MAYBE. And while Tuvac was generally pretty chill I think he'd rest happy knowing he took Neelix with him.

>It's not like killing your own clone is murder
This.
Stop judging you fags, you know nothing about the subject.

Didn't Data put some dye on his hair on the last episode for exactly that reason? I don't know if it was the last actually, I mean that one with the different timelines where he shows up as an old guy, along with the entire gang.

All I know is he deserved a lot better than Nemesis

Can't wait for you to reach the episode where they use NANOMACHINES to bring Neelix back from the dead when he was dead for over an entire day. And they never use the same treatment to save any other crewman when the worst side effect was Neelix learning the afterlife didn't exist.

Explain

this desu