/Bully General/

Would you rather have a bully sequel, or a red dead redemption sequel?

here's comfy tunes
youtube.com/watch?v=xmqbIUa8RcA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C1uEzZY2t2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=X2QZiukKGqk&list=PLA528B0C12ED9EEFC&index=2
youtube.com/watch?v=L3eXEQbDUf4
youtu.be/Zd3q8tGl8bI
youtube.com/watch?v=2QxwkD6_sPo
youtube.com/watch?v=1aRUhwJ9Upw&spfreload=10
youtube.com/watch?v=Vbj1yauIISo
youtube.com/watch?v=Ds7I4QjN79A
youtube.com/watch?v=gcHWaOw9nZE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

As long as it's not more GTA shit I'll be happy with either.

I want a new Manhunt.

>Manhunt 3 using HTC Vibe
>with next gen dismemberment shit, think MGR but even bloodier
>instead of the awkward and clunky melee from previous games, something like Condemned Criminal Origins
never ever

Bully. Bully+life is strange is literally my dream game
Shame about the possiblity, we'll only get more GTA online shit in the future

I'd enjoy a remake of bully that isn't broken as fuck desu

patch bully and port red dead for fucks sake

In today's climate of alt-left bullshit politics, a decent Bully game is impossible.

Rockstar doesn't care lmao

Bully 2 in college.

for general threads boy. I do want a bully thread though so make one there.

How would it be different from a gta game?

although, it would be cool to imagine a 18 year old jimmy hopkins going to college in boston or something

fuck you for even thinking of something as stupid as that

I already did famm >
>
>

Sequal to Bully.

It was a really charming game, I loved the stereotyped cliques and how outrageous it was.

All the characters in all the cliques were all self aware and it made for hilarious dialogue, I remember when Jimmy asked a rich kid if he was 'English or something' and the kid just responded 'no I am just really insecure and I want everyone to think I am old money' in front of everyone.

I'd rather they stick with the exaggerated high school setting if they do make a sequal rather than anything edgy or 'cutting edge'.

It wouldn't be even similar to GTA game, since it's not a crime oriented game. Plus in Bully almost every character have a name and unique looks, unlike GTA.

Fuck you, retard.

I always see this posted in a thread about Bully.

Why? What would make it any better?

Why not a new school + protagonist?

what about the cliques?

the whole point of bully was you were acting as a diplomat amongst a school full of cliques, colleges on the other hand, don't have many, if at all.

I forgot how but I fapped to that rich bitch in blue. Not the proudest moment in my life.

that would make sense too, bully didn't really end on a cliff hanger -

how would it be different though? would the cliques be updated to modern standards? an alt-right clique maybe? lol

but it's a really shitty setting and would be practically no different than GTA, except that the missions would be less fun

Setting a game like Bully in college completely defeats the theme the first game set.

it's canis canem you stupid yank cunts

>Bully 2
>final level is protecting the school from a shooting

best girl

I wouldn't mind another high school game with a different protagonist.

>implying

It would allow more crazy pranks and would've taken "wars" between small groups of students to the slightly different level.
And tits, of course.

Pic related had them, for example.

Which version is the best? PC?

PC patched with a controller is the best imo

that's not the gay blond bully

Doesn't need to be differant theme wise. Just improve upon what was already made. Add more missions, a bigger game world, longer storyline, expanded clique system.

You could add more cliques like punks, stoners, skaters, prefects, student council etc etc

PC version is fine. Just remember to download the 60fps patch. I did encounter a few bugs but nothing too serious.

>not being the school shooter in the bad end

it gave me feels reminding me of my hs relationships. very comfy game.

if they do make another bully they should set it where Jimmy is a senior with a prom setting :)

college is a retarded idea IMO

Bully is a special game.

The pranks in the original game were already pretty crazy. You don't have to be restricted by 'realism' in a game like bully when all the children are walking stereotypes.

Jimmy's story was pretty conclusive desu.

I'd like a new protagonist.

Rockstar's satire has been embarrassingly unfunny since after Bully

Keep them the hell away from a Bully sequel please. We all know they would just ruin it

The good news is that the original Bully isn't going anywhere. Just stick with that one

just imagine how it would look like with modern graphics

youtube.com/watch?v=C1uEzZY2t2Y

Does anyone have a link to a torrent?

Bully please, make it as controverse as possible and fill it with possibilities of shit to do

buy it on steam

Maybe GTA V, but IV, RDR, and Mp3 had plenty of funny moments.

the tune at 0:43 always gets me
so fucking catchy

no one wants to play as a modern gen zombie

I'd rather have a new game in the same vein as those. Enough with the goddamn sequels, GTA can have as many sequels as they want.

God bless unreal 4

>Would you rather have a bully sequel, or a red dead redemption sequel?

Bully, because at least it has a non-zero chance of coming to PC, unlike anything by RS San Diego.

aka in modern america anything the protag does is
>RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPEEEEEEEEEEEE
>pushing a feministic agenda
>protag turning into a fucking cuck SJW knight: the game

who was your favorite character and why was it Gary?

Gary was pretty great, but I also like the nerds and the leader of the Preps

RDR, I'm a huge fan of Rockstar but Bully being good is a meme.

>Unreal Engine 4

>literally "not a single UE4 game looks anything like these tech demo videos: the engine"
>literally "we can't do global illumination because consoles, so fuck off: the engine"

I fucking hate UE4, it's even more obvious how its entire design was fueled not just any console, but a Sony shitbox to boot. At least UE3 was decent because MS wanted to push technologies forward, not strip them down because the elevens can't see past 30FPS.

I knew a person just like Gary, except they weren't actually as smart as Gary was, but had the same personality and attitude towards others. I'm glad they never played Bully.

Gary was probably the only character in the game that wasn't one dimensional

If there's a sequel it should be about an Adult Jimmy who turned his life around and is mentoring the protagonist whose an edgy punk

Adult Jimmy should be a teacher that takes one for his class.

What if it Jimmy's kid who was the edgy kid?

what if Jimmy becomes the principal of a phony school?

>implying Jimmy would allow his kid to end up like that

if it was*

maybe jimmy finds out he has a kid who turned out to be an edge master, and Jimmy tries to help him?

>but Bully being good is a meme.
Agreed. Its a game with many really good mini games
if it weren't for the OST and the original setting the game would've been "only" okay. Red Dead Redemption or the Red Dead series for that matter on the other hand has so much more to offer

I think that was intentional.

I think Bully is the first game I played that really messed with my boners when I was a little baby

>all of that kissing
>sneaking into girls dorms
>pinching schoolgirls butts
>kissing that one gay bully and praying my dad didn't walk in on me

i need a sequel

>just got my Surface Pro 4
>testing out what titles will run on it at 60FPS
>see this thread
>downloading as we speak
I've been playing GTA V in the mean time, which for some reason runs better than IV does on my Surface. Strangely, I'm more excited to play Bully now. I've already got the soundtrack playing in the background.

>college

Fuck. Off. Cunt.

FUCK YOU!

the preps were a great faction. Loved their leader and bif.

The Jocks were dissapointing in how little they were developed. Their chapter was about the nerds more than anything and they had little to no screentime.

>Kissing all the boys

Which surface 4 you got? Games run like shit on mine. Can barely play civ v on it

The i5 model, but the top tier one with 8GB ram. I thought about springing for the i7 but I have this for school to replace my old laptop, and thought it was stupid to pay that much for games.

But little did I know I would be able to run GTA V on high at 30FPS, mid-to-high at 60.

Also fuck yes my fellow Surface brother.

why was the blonde bully the best boy?

Thats fucking weird. I got the i5 ver too. You did any adjustments to it or just straight out of the box settings?

There are several i5 versions, I got the highest tier of it. I haven't tried Civ but I'm downloading it now. It cost me $1300.

>
Agreed. If you remove all the amazing parts of the experience it becomes just really good. Solid criticism. Well memed friendo.

>I knew a person just like Gary

fuck that

bump

We need to catch up to Japan with another high school game
Bully sequel

same school + new protagonist is what i'm hoping for

that way we'd get metric fucktons of fanservice

and since Bully could've feasibly taken place anywhere from the late 60's to the early 90's then any amount of time could have passed

>inbred

>slut

lets get real here fuckers

I couldn't get the achievement due to a bug :/

Honestly yeah, I'm glad they weren't as smart as Gary, but they'd say Gary-tier shit all the time like in that gif.

>bullworth is such a nepotist shitshow that jimmy easily goes from head boy to prefect to teacher to headmaster
>tries to steer the school in a better direction, paying attention to the needs of the student based on his experience as the new kid but still being a mean old fuck when he has to
>because someones gotta keep these goddamn kids in line

What can you say about jocks except that they like sports

>japanese bully
>ends with you killing yourself due to failure because you spent all that time dominating the school instead of studying

>Blonde bully
>Not Kirby (Jock boy)

Shit taste m8

Christy is the best girl

AIDS?

>implying it wouldn't just be a RokuBlues game

I'm going to be honest with you Cred Forums, I've never played Bully. Should I?

first cousins are legal

yeah, it wouldn't be as good though, since most of us here say it is due to nostalgia

You really wan't sequels from modern developers? Really? Imagine Bully 2.

>huge open world because it has to be
>no more unique characters, locations, everything is just a huge waste of space
>cringeworthy writing with random jokes that make no sense or have no sense of progression or story arch like in GTA V instead of a more subtle humor and parody, where main character is the one with sense and everyone else is crazy
>over reliance on the phone gimmick again
>shitty multiplayer incorporated somehow which takes most of the focus as they can sell additional DLC for it
>extremely simplified combat mechanics so everyone can play
>lots of pointless details and customization but the main mechanics are simplified and lacking

It's over guys. Remember when Rockstar made a game every year (Manhunt, Warriors, Bully) that was like this tiny great experience that was very different from their main titles? When games didn't have to look amazing and they could just churn out games faster and able to take risks with weird ideas and settings? Yeah, those were good times.

I'd rather have RDR on PC.

PC version is fucking trash

it's been perfectly fine nigger.

RDR sequel set in 1920s Chicago is my dream.

oh, yessss please

You could have just had more missions focused on them. Ted, their leader had like 2-3 lines of dialogue.

fuck off, you cynical cunt.

lol no it was some type of save file bug or something like if you didn't kiss a boy before a certain season it wouldn't trigger

>that fucking finale mission on the football field where the mascot beats up the whole football team

Jimmy was hardcore.

is that a fucking first person mod?

looks like the prefect's hand is just in a weird spot

>tfw beat last mission against Gary with a barely visible sliver off health even tho I missed 3 qte in a row

This is gonna sound like "Muh Cred Forums" but I feel like a bully game would cause lots of asshurt in todays "Enviorment"

>Game Glorifies making fun of X

etc

Good thing Rockstar doesn't give a fuck

it's satire though

what are you talking about Bully is loved by LBGT

Bully, because the butthurt would be hilarious.

And i liked it better than RDR

Free marketing. Rockstar tends to thrive on that shit.

Also they had more serious problems that internet feminists when releasing Bully, as it was the time where school shootings were an incredibly bad topic to discuss so they were under flak from everyone and even sued (by the joke Thompson but still).

I was amazed the football team had exploading footballs

>in Bully, you dump on a group of so-called "Hipster SJW's" by "shaving what's left of their dyed undercuts" in their sleep and then hacking into the schools website to erase their articles "Rampant Misogyny in the Lunchroom" and "Encouraging My Girlfriend to Date Other Guys"
>Well Rockstar, is this satire? Because I'm not laughing

Kirby's a faggot who gets bullied every night by the football team

they never stood a chance

>One of the boys the male protagonist can kiss is a faggot

What a twist

you can kiss boys without being gay

I've always thought that a Persona game set in college would be cool.

We've already seen that kinds of themes they're able to touch on with adults like in Catherine. It would be awesome

You mean I'm straight?

They renamed the game Canis Canem Edit for some markets because bullying was a touchy subject at the time. They obviously gave a fuck.

The motor vehicles are just too ridiculous.

There's a difference between making sure your game can be sold and caring about whiny fat liberals

An unrelated Bully sequel set in either a UK boarding school or borstal.

Heavily influenced by pic related.

well yeah, no shit, kissing dudes ain't gay unless you act gay about it

What if I hold their hands and tell them I love them?

just say No Homo and you're fine.

that's gay dude

You've given me a lot to think about.

thanks for derailing my thread

No problem.

sorry
so we can all agree that bullies are the best clique right?

Bully 2 in Hogwarts pls

It was renamed in Germany because Bully is a registered trademark here.

No that would be townies.

lol

But "villains who are just evil or lust for power" describes Gary perfectly.

She's a SLUT A slut that I love

>not making it an bad ending.

i heard rumors there was suppose to be a bad ending in the first game were jimmy gets a gun and accidentally shoots and kills gary with it. than getting send to juvie

he was just off his meds and got too ambitious

I could kinda see it being entertaining
>anti-PC protagonist turning the college campus from a shitty modern one into a campus straight out of a Van Wilder movie

this, elder gods in Bully would probably have to be Crabblesnitch or no one at all, Gary had bantz but was a pleb of a villain

Japanese bully sequel when?

There's a Crows game coming out.

It's not everything I want but it'll do.

dead poets society sequel when?

Well, their society is even more dead now.

like this thread

This. It is Southpark tier now. Not that SP is bad, but you understand my drill.

South Park has still been damn good in recent years.

>muh current events

Bully was sort of timeless, it wasn't really set in any specific year but had 80s tech at best and the Greaser gang belongs even further in the past really.

>it wasn't really set in any specific year but had 80s tech at best
Interesting... There wasn't a single computer in the whole game, and arcades were pretty populr in the town.

There are still plenty that don't focus on specific current happenings. The Cock Magic episode will be a classic episode to me and it doesn't focus on current events.

He didn't fit into any of the cliques and he didn't take meds to regulate his personality, that says a lot about high schoolers

I hate how this game won't work with my 7.1 headphones. It works, but all sounds are played on the same layer so you have foot steps having no escho and being heard from any where in a given area and the ambient sounds and music all playing at the same volume. It's awful.

Not a huge deal breaker but my speakers are set up by my TV so it's a pain in the ass the move them back and forth everytime I feel like playing Bully. I was going to do a whole nother run through too of the game for PC since I've only played the 360 and PS2 versions.

As for OP's question, I need a new Red Dead in my life so I am going with that but god damn if I wouldn't love another Bully. I just don't think it could be pulled off again unless it was basically the same game but twice as deep and big as the original. I wouldn't mind another retelling of this game or another story similar to it in a modern engine.

Imagine the GTA V version of Bully if you will.

I was fucking surprised you could even do that, I was just messing around with the npc interactions and then it happened with one of the preppies.

Try fucking with the audio settings. I have the same problem with my headphones and every now and then it fucks up and I just have to like, switch options back and forth and dumb shit like that. The port honestly isn't really great.

>the panty raid

RRAAAYYYPP CULCHA

>buy bully.
>play bully.
>meet Gary.
>he instantly reminds me of a guy I know, John.
>looks like a digital version of John.
>sounds almost identical to him.
>John is a fucking weirdo who's incredibly witty and a low key genius.
>dates fat chicks because he used to be fat, and he hate fucks them because he hates himself.
>makes them all do really humiliating shit, master manipulator.
>play vidya with him occasionally.
>plays gta 4 online, strictly to troll people to tears, and nearly always did.
>literally just wants to make life hell for everyone he meets.
>he's Gary.

He eventually got some turbo fatty pregnant and it flipped a switch in his brain and he became a normie. They are pretty happy these days.

God, a Bully sequel, with all the potential controversies it entails with modern games "journalism", could be a return to the classical provocateurs Rockstar used to be (not counting the By The Book shit in GTA V people complained about for some reason).

Even though I want another Bully for other reasons, the above is as good as any.

No matter how smart he could have been there was no way he could unfuck that girl

Go buy it on a console, then.

Not memeing.

Never really played Bully even though I've had it on steam since forever.

How does the time aspect work? I've never been a huge fan of time management in games.

Like what happens if you miss to many classes? Will it fuck things up in the long run and shit?

Bully: Hogwarts

>Never learn to do magic
>Still end up ruling the shcool because none of these pussies know how to fucking throw hands.

Are you talking about ricardo?

You need to take the classes but you can do them at your own pace, there isn't a report card or anything in the game.

Also you need to sleep, at around 3 am you pass out from exhaustion

>could be a return to the classical provocateurs Rockstar used to be
Nothing has changed with rockstar. They aren't any less "edgy" than they used to be.

The problem, if it can even be considered a problem, is that the gaming landscape is rife with games staring people who walk on the wrong side of the law. Killing cops or being able to murder an entire city block were not so common in 2001. In 2016, it's everywhere.

Rockstar hasn't softened. Rockstar is doing the same shit it did in 1997. It's just that because what they have been doing has now been copied to hell and back that it no longer seems special.

It's similar to the "Seinfield isn't funny" phenomenon.

I would definitely have to say a Bully sequel over RD. Now dont get me wrong, I would love a new RD. But Bully holds a special place in my heart.

youtube.com/watch?v=X2QZiukKGqk&list=PLA528B0C12ED9EEFC&index=2

Skipping classes has no real consequence outside of the short term

Although, it'd be pretty cool if you got different endings dependig on how many classes you finished/skipped. For example, if you skipped most of your classes, Crabblesnitch could still take Gary's side at the end of the game or something as a bad ending.

So there aren't any long term effects on account of the time management? Because if so I can deal with that.

But games like Persona 3-4 really makes me nervous because if you fuck things up a bit at the start it can have long term consequences.

Cheers. Gonna go download that fucker then.

Crabblesnitch is such a funny name

This is what I'm saying though. The violence no-ones cares about abymore, but I know a particular set of people who'd get very vocal about a game where you bully fat kids and pinch schoolgirls' butts for fun.

Like others have said, no real consequences for not going to class. However if "class" is in session prefects are out and about looking for students not in class. So they can give you a hard time if they happen to catch you. But just jump on your skateboard and they cant keep up.

The original idea for Bully 2 was this, but they thought it'd be too much like GTA and scrapped it.

What do you get for going to class?

Post the best track

www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2qwkSgRtPw&app=desktop&persist_app=1

Who was the one character or characters you always bullied in the game, Cred Forums?

Incorrect
Pete is, in fact, best girl.
(though I do kinda like Lola)

Various bonuses loosely related to the class, e.g. completing Chemistry classes spawns ammo for certain weapons in your dorm, Geography shows collectibles on your map, Shop gives you custom bikes, etc.

Neat.

Some nice perks actually.
Geography-locations for rubberbands/gnomes
Shopclass-Access to better bikes
Chem-Chem set, stink bombs, itching powder
Bio/music- clothing I think
Gym class- more fighting moves

So I recommend doing a bunch of classes at the start of a play through then forgetting about them

Sometimes it's just unlocking outfits, but most classes improve your "skills trees" such as they are. For instance, going to art class improves your ability to kiss girls, and the amount of health you get from doing it. English class gives you better social skills, either apologizing to more powerful people, or bullying people into submission without needing to fight. Shop class unlocks better bikes, chemistry teaches you how to make firecrackers and stinkbombs and shit with your chemistry set. Gym unlocks grappling moves and improves weapon aim.

>we'll never get a Manhunt 3 where Mr Nasty takes over from Starkweather and puts the reporter through the hunt
Oh man, my dick is diamonds at the thought.

being edgy for the sake of edgy is stupid

youtube.com/watch?v=L3eXEQbDUf4
The one that sounds like firestarter by the prodigy is the only correct answer

www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_piia0hKbo&app=desktop&persist_app=1 meant to post this

Good thing I'm not suggesting that then.

A Red Dead Revolver one.

So what decade was Bully set, anyway? 1950?

Eh, I'd say that Gary's kind of one-dimensional simply by virtue of what he was meant to be. The game could have easily made him a more complex character, but because of the... stripped-down nature of the story he's portrayed more doing evil for the evulz. Plus it doesn't hurt that he's, like, only fifteen.

Best track coming through:

youtu.be/Zd3q8tGl8bI

Nah late 70s-80s I think

This sickening whore

While I love Bully I think Red Dead just has more potential for a sequel.

OH MY GOD
OH MY GOD
I have literally been spending the last few years telling people how... weird Bully is.
Like... I love the kissing mechanic. It's fucking genius, reinforcing Jimmy's character through gameplay. But the Art minigame makes NO FUCKING SENSE.
Just... AAAAAGH

>greasers in 70s-80s
what the fuck though

But there were lcd screens in-game

Part of the charm is that the setting was deliberately vague (I think it was deliberate anyway). That way multiple generations can relate to it.

If I had to put a number to it though -- I'd say '80s.

kill yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=2QxwkD6_sPo

I would say that the ideal medium to tell the story Bully wanted to tell was a movie, or a TV series or something. The characters were what made it stand out so much-- I mean, Jimmy Gary and Pete all have pretty well-established personalities (Jimmy and Gary) or at least an interesting dynamic with one another (Pete forgot to show up when they were handing out personality traits). But the mechanics of the game make it so that Jimmy is the center of everything, and as a result the other characters are more sidelined. That's just the nature of how a game works, after all. It would be very interesting to see what they might do if somebody tried to remake Bully into a non-interactive medium.

This sounds like an auditory reconstruction of trying to run in your dreams but somehow remaining the the same place.

large gasp

There are computers, actually--in the library, they've got super-old-fashioned, text-only computers.
And if you get the Nerd's hideout under the comic shop, there's a 2000's style desktop computer.
The timeline for this game is FUCKED.

Now I'm trying to imagine what a sound would sound like if that song were trying to elucidate the feeling one gets when trying to scream in sleep paralysis, but nothing comes out and the voice is stifled by an unseen force.

That would be some scary music.

*song would sound like
fuck

Meh. Not really. If you don't really care for the bonuses that some of the classes give you, you're welcome to skip them. I've passed most of my classes up to level four, and the one that I haven't *cough* fuck you English *cough* doesn't interfere with how I play the game too much.
Not passing Art up to fourth level can be a real pain, though.

It would sound some what similar to this
youtube.com/watch?v=1aRUhwJ9Upw&spfreload=10

youtube.com/watch?v=Vbj1yauIISo

You's a couple a dumb motherfuckers.

The Bullies, I guess? They're always being dicks. But usually I avoid going out of my way to bully people, especially in town. There've been multiple times where I've accidentally ended up hitting an adult and getting fucking annihilated.

No.

WHO FUCKING KNOWS!
There's computers from the 1980s and 2000s, people who talk like they're from the fifties, and comic stores like in the 1990s. They wanted to make it "timeless" or some such.
Ridiculous. Should've just concentrated on making it a fleshed-out world.

Maybe you should concentrate on not being a gigantic faggot.

Haha, man dude you have no idea how lame I am!
I've been writing a fanfic about Gary which now has over 60,000 words. Turns out that's longer than The Death of Ivan Ilyich and The Giver. Which, to be fair, are short books, but still.

Timeless equals comfy and no stupid phone or ingame internet/email/social network crap like in later R* titles.

And the save icon isn't a damn zip disquette.

Huh? I'm not sure how anything of what I said makes me attracted to girls.
Which I am, but... I mean. What?

>I've been writing a fanfic about Gary which now has over 60,000 words.

>it flipped a switch in his brain and he became a normie
No user
Something terrible is a-brewing in him
Best not to be there when he snaps

Late 80s, early 90s. Like, right before "radical" and "gnarly" became popular.

The diverse groups/interests makes the characters more easily identifiable and gives more variety to the game. Please stop posting.

>noone has posted this gold yet

youtube.com/watch?v=Ds7I4QjN79A

No.

I can totally see that. I've always assumed that the game took place during 2006 and that Bullworth was just a really weirdly conservative town (except when it comes to homosexuality, since you can make out with other guys anywhere and nobody bats an eye). As such, it seemed odd to me that nobody has a cell phone, but at the same time it makes sense in terms of mechanics.
I suppose it depends on what you look for in a video game: I'm more the kind of person who wants to experience good characters, which Bully... does provide. It doesn't provide a very real-feeling setting, though--again, understandable considering what Bully wanted to be. It was a satire, not a serious look into the psychological consequences of ADHD medication and bullying.

It's called Gary Smith is Inexplicably Stuck in a Time Loop and is a Fucking Asshole: the Story

Huh, that's a good point. I'd never thought about it like that. Would they have been unable to get a similar amount of variety of characters if they'd set the game in a specific time period?

Probably, but it's easier and more memorable this way. There's a lot of stuff that they wouldn't be able to include (or wouldn't make sense to include) if it was a more modern setting - like the hobo behind the school, or the fair. Additionally, modern settings would pretty much have to focus on more modern issues (such as drugs or guns).

How are you people even playing this? I can't play more than five minutes before the game crash to desktop. I'm about to give up and just emulate my old PS2 version.

Tumblr.png

Hm, that's true. Plus, they would've had to include some stuff that would've been annoying--like cell phones. That would've been a bitch to manage. Although, the hobo I wouldn't say is linked to any specific time period; I live in San Francisco, so we've still got plenty of homeless people running around.

youtube.com/watch?v=gcHWaOw9nZE

Tumblr's kinda hard to use, man. Great for reading a shit-ton of comics, though.

Worked fine on my Win 7 Thinkpad with integrated graphics.

Hey buddy, I think you left your tripcode on by accident after whatever thread it was relevant in. Try to clear it put before your next post, it kinda makes you look like a jackass.

I'd say 90's based on the upper limits of technology on display, but in a town that was remote enough that people were relatively unaffected by modern trends. People forget that especially before the internet, you could just have pockets of the country where people seemed like they were from another era just because nobody bothered bringing the modern era to them.

I just wasn't sure how to respond to that person... I mean, I think they were trying to insult me? But I wasn't sure.

Bitches love art what are you talking about?

How many of said hobos casually live behind a school and nobody cares enough to do anything about it? That shit would not fly in the modern day because PROTECT OUR KIDS and all that shit.

Sure, but what does drawing lines trying to box in moving objects to make them explode have to do with being better at art? I guess I could buy into it more if it was a mini-game about, I dunno, reading people or something.

Um
quite a few? I mean, where I went to school there weren't any homeless people or anything but I've seen plenty of homeless people sitting around on the steps of schools. Besides, quite a few are high-school age.

Our homeless problem is pretty severe, though--I can't imagine Bullworth having a similar problem, since they get snow in the winter and when you're homeless that can literally kill you.

i always hated how you couldnt replay old bike races

Did they ever mod scholarship edition so it didn't run like ass

You're revealing a piece of art below the blank canvas by blocking out section of it. You don't need to kill the enemies, just avoid them.

It's an abstraction of the drawing process, trying to make progress, sometimes by taking your time to avoid mistakes, and sometimes by using broad strokes, trying to get rid of the anxiety plaguing you in one feel swoop. And if you do it right you reveal on the page the art you had in your head.

OR, it's a simple game that takes at most 3 minutes to play and has a vague relation to art so they put it in the VIDEO GAME. And there's already english for getting better at talking to people, art isn't about reading girls, it's about seeming more attractive to them, which makes them kiss you more.

Why do you have a name on?

why would they do that when they can be making money with shark cards?

he liked Ms. Phillips

I know that it's "just a game", but how are we going to get better games if we don't critically examine them? I love Bully, don't get me wrong--hell, I wouldn't spend tons of time writing fanfiction about it if I didn't. But examining its flaws is a necessary part of improving the medium of video games as art pieces in their own right.

*shrug* Why not? It's not my real name, anyhow.
I like attention, if you can't tell.

I meant more in a purely mechanical sense--it doesn't seem very connected to becoming better at romance.

Don't you see all the girls in the class? He must impress them or something along those lines.

Dude you should've replied with this instead!

Hahaha! Yeah, those lines he draws must be very impressive. Good one!

lol

Dr. Crabblesnitch, I'm Bully.

but canonically he draws his SFW Ms. Phillips fantasy

Then theres the purgatory theory. It's a mash up of out of time cliques because all the kids are dead.

Honest to god masterpiece. I know the word is overused but the entire game is so... comfy.
Every character has their own model and voice actor, everything is indivual. All these hundreds of kids have their own routines and such. Then you get the little events like Haloween and Christmas. I mean it felt like you really lived in the town while playing, taking class, taking a girl to the Carnival etc, delivering the papers before heading to bed.

I wish I could forget it and play it for the first time again.

this

There will never ever be enough Rule 34.

we LITERALLY have a board for generals you faggot

yeah, a dead board

So what was your favourite thing to do in the game outside of School?

Anyone have fun pretending to be a serial child molester?

It's really great when it turns out that Cred Forums is right. This is definitely the best rockstar game for me, better than all the GTAs. And the soundtrack is one of the best I've ever had the good fortune of listening to.

Boxing, or just biking around town.

only when I wasn't hiring Russel and starting a fight with a bunch of Jocks.

Manhunt 3.

lol

Bully. RDR plus it's DLC were long enough to scratch that itch for a long, long time.

BULLY SEQUEL

Are there any other good games set in highschool (besides Persona?)

Bully 2 in middle school.

Wish that showed more than the boys dorm.

>parents watched me play the game and one of the first missions was kissing that fat girl.

>>extremely simplified combat mechanics so everyone can play
But Bully was piss-easy. The final boss was an absolute joke.

Generic third person Batman Arkham Asylum counter combat would honestly be more complex than Bully 1

Bully 2 is my greatest vidya dream. Too bad it probably won't happen...

life is strange if you're into vn's

Oh fuck I love that music so much.

>Crabblesnitch could still take Gary's side at the end of the game or something
Shit, now I need to do a no-class run and see what happens. Thanks, user.

Post it here.

>The final boss was an absolute joke
Wasn't that the point? Show that even though Gary was the brains behind everything he was just a scrawny fuck?

I guess, but it was pretty unsatisfying. From a gameplay perspective it's kind of shit. You'd think even though Gary is weak, he'd have some gear or something to help him for the final battle since he's so smart.

>he'd have some gear or something to help him for the final battle since he's so smart
His smarts were in manipulating people, and it wasn't like he could pull out a gun or something, this isn't GTA

Wha-- I'm flattered, but it's not done yet. And... I mean, 60,000 words is a LOT of text. Don't wanna flood people.

>I don't know what pastebin is

I could see him having some... intensely loyal people that he manipulated into being on his side saved up for the final battle, but I think the final boss was more of a boss rush than just Gary. Ah, well.

I mean he could have manipulated some strong kids to help him with the fight, and maybe he could have run to an area where he would have an advantage. Hell, he could have stolen or manipulated the nerds or shop greasers to make him SOMETHING.

This is true! Could I just attach it in a file?
Also. It's. Um. Kinda graphic. There's a little violence but mostly I mean there's some non-consensual scenes as well as some more graphic sex scenes later on.

It would've been better if they'd had him present during the "Boss Rush" portion of Complete Mayhem, yeah.

Skateboard! And making out with every guy I saw.

>tfw we'll never get an animal house-style bully game

Yeah, maybe. I was just making a joke because the mini-game involves drawing lines, and you made a comment involving lines. I'm sorry.

worst meguca fuck off

fujoshit fuck off

>New Manhunt

>>In this "I got so offended by how many times female characters speak in The Simpsons compared to male characters that I was paid to write an article about it" tier social climate

Never, ever.

>tfw this game helped me work through my bisexuality

jimmy preferred girls but if a duded needed smooches he was down. that resonated with me.

I'd rather have another RDR.

But I finally found an thing where I can talk about my all-consuming obsession with Bully! And ya'll can at least not read what I write--my friends don't have that luxury.
And it's kinda weird how I actually kind of felt bad about posting that picture and comment... I mean, calling Pete a girl is sort of a dick move.
> begins staring at Gary pointedly

Hm... plus, I'd really like actual constructive feedback on it, and, while I do need to lurk more, I rather doubt that the kind denizens of Cred Forums would oblige with the kind of criticism I would find valuable.

>this whole post
>namefag
user pls
stop giving femanons an even worse name

This is EXACTLY what the headmaster in bully is, except he's been like that for a while and now has stopped giving much of a fuck.

It's not like there's a set number of days in the year, the week keeps cycling as long as you don't do any story missions. Take as long as you want.

Stole them from the nerds, they were intended as traps and they're the main reason for the chapter 4 major fallout between the jocks and the nerds. Looks like somebody wasn't paying attention.

*shrug* I don't think anything I'm doing is going to make anybody hate girls any more than they already did... and besides, don't anons in general already have a pretty bad reputation on their own?

>Implying controversy ever hurt Rockstar sales
>Implying releasing a violent videogame now would be as risky as when violent games causing shootings was a legit legal discussion

So how would Bully deal with school shootings?

Is Bullworth Academy supposed to secretly be a very fancy, liberal-arts private school? I mean; the classes are all pass-fail with no real grades, when you complete all the work you don't need to go back to class, and you don't even get any weekends. It's just kinda funny how it's all set against this really weirdly backwards, conservative town.

>*action*
don't do that here

What would Rockstar have to do now to be considered "edgy?"

Bonus points if it means we still get a good game.

I think it's supposed to be an old-money-turned-semi-public-type deal. I doubt any preppies would be sent to a """Liberal Arts""" college anytime soon.

>Implying releasing a violent videogame now would be as risky as when violent games causing shootings was a legit legal discussion

Are you implying it isn't anymore?

People eat that shit up all the time.

Besides, it'd be pointless on any platform other than PC, console makers don't allow AO games.

>they were dead all along
woah, really makes you think...

By completely avoiding the topic altogether would be my guess.

Not well.
Pic related.

>People eat that shit up all the time.
People are irrelevant, actual courts and lawyers haven't gotten involved in years

Thanks for the tip... I just hope nobody gets so mad that they start sending me death threats for being female and having an opinion.

One of two routes, they either make him a sociopath like gary who knows exactly what he's doing that jimmy has to foil, or some outcast like pete who's treated like shit that jimmy has to calm down and ends up befriending.

Do you think that Bully would have had guns in it if there weren't any school shootings?

can u be my gf

Yeah, Bif does have some dialogue about the school "going downhill" and "they'll let anybody in these days." I mean, it seems to be the only institution of learning in the vicinity, since it's got younger children, one must assume there isn't a nearby elementary school for them to attend. Maybe it was an all-boys school in the past? That would explain the weird 5:1 boys:girls ratio.

Being honest the first time i played the game i expected Pete to go nuclear and become the main antagonist or something, either that or pull a gun during a cutscene and almost going full beta uprising before Jimmy stopping him

The interpretation that Bully is a story being told by Jimmy later in his life is, I think, pretty useful for tying up a lot of weird loose ends about the game-- like how the school only has two floors but the outside clearly indicates there are three floors, or how the Boy's dorm somehow doesn't even have a bathroom or laundry room, or how the fuck am I supposed to believe they fit about 42 boys in SEVEN rooms in the Boy's dorm what the actual fuck!?

I doubt it. I don't think most kids who went to a high school like Bullworth (in a small town) had easy access to firearms.
Of course it's also possible I'm massively underestimating the amount of guns in the United States, since I live in a state with the toughest gun regulation laws and a town whose only gun store closed a few months ago due to increased gun regulations.

FUCK YES

It depends on how you define girlfriend. For the way that I define girlfriend, I would have to say 'no', since I would need to know who you are and be able to see you in person on a regular basis.

ok
london?

I'm guessing more along the lines of the townies doing stuff with guns, maybe a gang gets them into circulation with the kids and some sort of black market forms, who knows. Plus, it's not really bound by reality. I mean, some of the stuff in the game can cause a serious injury but the kids just roll around on the ground and then show up later acting fine like nothing happened.

Wasn't Otokojuku for the Famicom basically that? At least, a game about Japanese bullies in high school?

Bully is a western game. What the fuck did you expect him to be, Virgil? Or maybe he'd be like Liquid and have a Metal Gear?

Change the audio to studio quality, 44100 hz, IIRC

I mean I expected him to orchestrate something challenging for Jimmy to overcome since he was so good at manipulating and causing everything. Maybe at least another tough bodyguard like Russel.

Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Cred Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a name when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your name when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a name when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

kill yourself cuck

I wish I could reuse the same image

I love how this thread has been ruined by some namefag slut straight out of LiveJournal

Aet affinity to 1 core, tun in compatibility with vista/7, run on admin and deactivate scaling with high PPP

Will you be my steam gf?

Anons have no reputation -nor good nor bad

no, I don't hate niggers

Will you be my gf's gf?

>tfw you screw up your falseflag attempt
God, strike me dead where I stand

wtf i hate racists now

what happened to my thread

The problem with your chart tiers (the text) is that almost all of these levels can be described in another level; they're not distinct and its possible to be describe blessed by more than one level at a time. It's not impossible to have motives hard to find fault in while simultaneously lusting for power.

well that's good i suppose

I want another Red Dead sequel because old guns are fucking awesome and pre-teens are the gayest fucking thing to ever make a game about.

I will never for the life of me understand why anyone liked that no-fun-allowed shitfest of a censored GTA.

I live in San Francisco, so... nope.
Also, I have... um, literally zero interest in being in a romantic relationship--sorry.

haha gotta ya
i was just joking

That's true, but I don't know how comfortable I would be with a game portreying gang violence like that. I would be okay with it if it was respectful enough that it enhanced my understanding of gang violence, but this is Rockstar. So any story or gun black market would probably just be a backdrop for the main glue of the game: fucking around.

But... but having an option to have a name is there for a reason, right? I'm not using my real name or anything, I just want people to know who they're talking to...

Is it me?
I think that's a safe assumption
but I honestly have no clue

of course it's you, you fucking slut, your addiction to attention derailed this perfectly fine Bully thread
you know you're supposed to lurk a year before posting, right?
no, it is not there for a reason, you ignore it like the rest of us do
If you want attention, try Reddit

Fair point, that.
No thanks?
Ohhhh so THAT'S the problem with anybody being able to use anybody else's name.
Did... did you not already dislike people who were racist before?

all niggers should fucking hang

Haha, fair enough. And I am aware of that-- I just don't really care that much. I've been talking about Bully as well, anyhow.

This is going to get confusing...
guess this is the time to start posting ACTUAL CONTENT

The first editions were called Canis Canem here in aus as well.

Oh, wait.
Then the other person could just start posting stuff, too...
Hm.

well, you're supposed to wait a year so that you can understand the culture, the jokes, the posting style of Cred Forums.
And, sure, you've been talking about Bully, but you always diverge the attention back to you, as if we actually cared about who the fuck we're replying to.
the more time you spend here, the more often you'll see threads like this get derailed by an attention-seeking namefag that replies to every post to talk about his fucking fanfiction

yes, I actually am mad

Why not both?
>Follows the life of a schoolkid in the late west at

Have you seen Rockstar's games? They don't fucking care. They're use to getting controversy for almost all of their releases, the thing is that it'll sell.

You know what, you're right... That is kind of douchey of me to not respect the etiquette of the site.
I'm sorry--I didn't mean to upset you.

you know, I misjudged you. I'm aggressive because new people rarely care about the ''etiquette'', as you put it.
It's actually the first time I've seen someone who actually wants to better adapt themselves to the site
Expect people on Cred Forums to be just as ''toxic'' as I was, and don't take anything personal. everybody just talks a lot of shit

take care, hoe

Beatrice best girl.