Why are true, genuine action mech games so hard to find...

Why are true, genuine action mech games so hard to find? The lot of current gen (or last gen) mech games are sparse as it is, but even the ones out there... suck. Even when you look back on generations (or years, for PCfags) you seem to either get "MechBuilderSIm" where 99% of the game is you OCD'ing about individual component statistics, or "ShotDemMechs420Blazon" where you just pick prebuilt mechs and shoot shit.

>Titanfall
Not even a mech game, just has prebuilt mechs featured.
>Armored Core 27: Wings of Justice Continual Breach Innocence
AC used to be ok until they went full WTF mode
>ZoE
Prebuilt mechs with kurayzee space shit
>Front Mission
Mech Tactics... no thanks

>Will we ever get another GOOD action mech game?
>What developer?
>What will it play like?

>Any recommendations on GOOD action mech games?

>>Any recommendations on GOOD action mech games?
Hawken

Because companies find it hard to make a decent one. The balance is the issue. They can't blame it on graphics any longer. However, if you ask any genuine mech fan, you'd learn they were never an issue past 2006.

>where you just pick prebuilt mechs and shoot shit.
nothing wrong with that faggot

>opinion

>new games are bad
>old games are bad

So what are some good mech games according to you?

You are the perfect example of why there isn't any "true genuine mech games". You fuckers can't decide what it is.

Nah, Chromehounds got it spot on. Too bad it had a tragically short life.

This, so many people who claim to be /m/ecah fans don't even know what they want

>AC1-3 are the only good mech games
every time

Mecha games don't really work with a standard control scheme, you need you $300 mecha controller for it to be worth considering, hence why it's a popular arcade genre.

Behead those who insult Front Mission!

Also, Gritty Zoids might get a game. Could be cool

ZoE, AC, Virtual-on,A.C.E and The macross games play pretty well in my opinion.

>tfw you liked Verdict Day, and you have AC4 fags breathing down your neck because it isn't "sanic fast"

I kind of like that the AC games shift in style all the time. Makes individual games more unique. Had to dial back 4 and For Answer's hyperactive jet boosts somehow.

>tfw no modern mechwarrior game with comvined arms that isn't dead because hurr durr multiplayer only

Verdict Day was fine, though. AC5 vanilla was the true defacing of the franchise.
I feel like AC6 should try to find a smooth way of merging the best elements from Last Raven, 4A and VD

>You will never play Exteel

Can we just blow up all of Korea?

I don't understand the appeal of "mech action"
from what I've played it's just fps that's intentionally clunky as fuck

>You will never play a generic shooter with mech skins
can't you just mod COD or something?

AC3 fag here
Both fifth gen games sucked

>completely leaving out the psp Macross games

>things like pirates, mecha and ninjas don't get tons of games
>zombies in everything
Ever feel like you're in the bad alternate reality

Zombies are easy.

That and people don't want to deal with water, and the Assassin's Creed pirate game kind of drove people away from pirates; they want realism, so they don't want robots; and for ninjas, people will probably say something about "cultural appropriation".

>and for ninjas, people will probably say something about "cultural appropriation".
Nobody important says that, stop being retarded.

I'm aware that nobody important says that, but developers don't always listen to those people.

Fallout 4 has mechs

Honestly they're more mech like than something in titanfall

I haven't played a mech game I liked since the DOS/proto windows era Mechwarriors

sanic fast is the best fast tho

Just wait for Heavy Gear Assault.

>vaporware/abandonware