>OP makes a thread
>he's a faggot
why is this allowed?

>believing Cred Forums

>what are varying opinions and why do people have different tastes

>ffxiii is a game
debatable

>babby's first FF

Bought this shit on release and still haven't played more than 10 hours and still mad as fuck.

When you go into a game expecting a 10/10 because every previous game in the series was a 10/10. and you get a 7/10 instead, that's pretty fucking shit user.

>every previous game in the series was a 10/10
HA

I love how Cred Forums exaggerates in this manner.

People who say FF13 wasn't horrid are just contrarians. It has no redeeming qualities, none.

its pretty decent and I really like some of the ideas it throws around.

Gran Pulse is such a fucking slog though

>Literal fags treating Lightning as their goddess
Um, what is this meme?

I know.
I was damn surprised myself, having first seen Cred Forums bash XIII for years, thus starting to believe it´s an irredeemable piece of shit through and through.

When I actually ended up playing it, I got severely hooked just few hours into it. And the sequels were even better!

You're literally the first person to mention her in this thread

I was talking about seeing it in any other ff13 thread, user.

>ME1 best in the series
>Skyrim better than TW3
>MOBAs and shooter are cancer
Why is Cred Forums autistic?

>why are opnions allowed?
>Cred Forums is one person

> And the sequels were even better!
> even better!
> !

nice try :^)

Eh, 7.5/10 at best. Great music, though. Pretty cool ending too; I don't hate it at all.

No idea what you´re implying there, but you come across as a huge faggot, who has not played some of the most fun JRPGs in recent history.

>7.5/10 at best.
That is a damn good score, you know?
Then again, Cred Forums turns anything under 9/10 into a pure failure, the legendary 8.8 meme being a good example of this.

>Cutscene every 5 steps
It's shit.

>I´ve never played the game
>calls it shit
oh, the ironing

The soundtrack and graphics are great, but everything else is an unplayable wreck.

I agree about the audiovisual presentation,
but disagree about the rest. I love the combat system, enemy design is superb, the cast is one of the series´ best, and the plot & lore of the world are fascinating as hell.

the game simply suffers of shitty pacing and some unfleshed elements. Still, put over 120h and almost platinumed it, and don´t regret it.

>the plot & lore are fascinating
How are they fascinating? The entire first 20 hours of the plot nothing happens. It's just the separated party wandering around, having some emotional event, and then immediately resolving it. It's the worst story I've ever seen.

I think this game isn't as good as 2 but is better than 1, I don't know why everyone says its so bad.

I've played it, dumbass.

Fighting the same 2 enemies over and over doesn't help

No shit. They had to grow as characters in order to become strong enough to beat Orphan for Bart's plan to work.

>How are they fascinating?
The whole idea of men building some literal gods, that end up controlling and enabling their lives in the world, is very fascinating indeed in my opinion.

>The entire first 20 hours of the plot nothing happens.
What? LOTS of happens! Hell, the plot starts at around half-point, and refers back to / shows flashbacks of events that have led to that point, all the time. Then the preparation for the big finale starts building up.

The "story" itself is pretty much a bunch of different people having to deal with changing world, becoming victims of the rules and order of the system they´ve devoted their lives to up until that point, first ending up escaping it, and later on choosing to fight and re-design it.

>It's the worst story I've ever seen.
you probably have not played too many games, read too many books, or watched too many films in that case.

your claims definitely state otherwise.

it's almost like Cred Forums is not one person and people have differing opinions!

It's a good game, just extremely short, and the story/evil path is dumb, and the powers are kind of a letdown, and there is no variety in enemies.

...Oh, and forgot to mention that I was seriously surprised and impressed by the amount of pure character development you see happening in FF13. Even some of the most annoying cast members actually grow up and become tolerable towards the end, while all of them had reasons to behave like they do - even if you don´t won´t know all the reasons straight away.

XIII was absolutely fine aside from some ridiculous difficulty spikes.

You're honestly kind of an idiot if you take any opinions away from Cred Forums.

The vast vast vast majority of Cred Forums likes to shit on games they've never even played, base their opinions of video games off of youtubers, Cred Forums and ecelebs, and mostly hate video games in general. It's a huge fucking circle jerk of memes.

It's fun to joke around here, but none of this shit should be taken seriously.

Not to mention the amount of depth each character had. Definitely the most human and complex game in the series.

>it's almost like Cred Forums is not one person and people have differing opinions!
Yet I guarantee you that you will call me a redditor or tumblrite if I express an opinion outside of Cred Forums's consensus.

Quit paying and threw away the disc on ps3, forced myself to play it on pc.

It was terrible, characters were the worst yet, horribly injected cut scenes, and battles were only entertaining at times and were more frustrating than hard.

I already forgot everything that happened, and I beat it last year.

It's literally Final Fantasy X with better graphics. People with nostalgia goggles refuse to admit this, though.

Just beat this today for what was maybe the 4th time. I felt like I hand a much better handle on the battle system than ever before; if you are really paying attention, switching paradigms often, and using the right characters, the battle system is really fun to control. It's a lot of fun seeing how you can tweak things to make the AI do what you want and how to get them to kill enemies in the most efficient way possible. In the past I neglected Sazh because of garbage stats and used Hope instead, favoring his defensive buffs. However, this time I learned that in this game the best defense is usually a good offense. Sazh, Vanille, and Fang is such a good party. Sazh doesn't need stats because Fang has enough for everyone; he just buffs the fuck out of her and she slays everything single-handedly. The problem with the game is that people don't get to that point of the game like . The beginning/tutorial is so slow to open with elongated hallways full of boring two-person battles and worthless cut scenes for 20-30 hours. I enjoyed playing it a lot this last time because I skipped 90% of the cut scenes and just focused on the battle system, trying to get 5 Star battle ratings every time.

I think the story in FF is a step up from every other story because it's not throwing it's theme into your face every five fucking seconds. It has some actual subtlety, unlike every other FF game. I hated that they went back to the stupid fucking plot cliches present in every other FF game in the sequels.

Calling these turds even decent is an insult. Fuck you and your shitty taste OP

Final Dungeon from FFXIII for comparison. Not much difference.

>FFX and XIII
>Nostalgia
...the fuck?
And no, besides linear design, they are all different. Different combat systems, different cast and setting, different level-up system.

I like Vanille

Because in Lightning Returns she almost becomes a literal goddess, replacing the goddess of death and rebirth. It's a stupid joke, but there you go.

Sazh and Hope are easily the most believable characters in the FF series. Up there with Balthier, Jecht, etc.

Power variety is basically non existent. There a slight differences in movement, but otherwise they boil down to the same 3 abilities, weak shot, strong shot, charge move.

Quit acting like past games were any better

FFX is 15 years old, dude.

Balthier? He's one of the most one dimensional character ever.

It was always decent, people just blew their shit over the hallway thing.
And then Lightningfags surged forth with their absolutely garbage taste in women.

This. Everyone just ignores that because of the world map.

Did we play the same game? After Cid becomes important, Balthier becomes one of the most fascinating characters in the game.

I will never understand why people shit on Hope for acting like a child. He IS a child for fucks sake. Everything he did, from the moment he lost his mother, to the moment he stepped up and let go of things, was entirely justified. He has the most real growth of any character in any JRPG.

Eh, to be fair, FF6 and FF8 had pretty interesting and developed world maps. At least compared to the rest of the games.

If by fascinating, you mean remain Captain Smug McQuip, then yeah. He has no character development at all, only story development.

7.5 at best? Are you a retard?

2 games out of a series that has games numbering into the 50's by now does not justify the hate that 13 got, and still gets. It's a good game, but Cred Forums is too far up it's own ass to acknowledge it.

I agree its a decent game but a lot of the negatives are spot on. The story is very slow and the combat system and overworld don't open up until halfway through the game.

As much as it pains me to say, I didn't mind the story much, I enjoyed the characters except Hope, what a stupid piece of shit. I wouldn't even look at your /ss/ doujins. Anyway, the soundtrack was fantastic and the game looks great if you can get it to run (terrible, terrible PC port). Combat wasn't anything incredible in my opinion, but if you dig into it you can find a little bit of depth.

Now, after all of that, I really, really wish FFXIII-2 had a playable PC port. Runs even worse than the first game, random crashes all over that place. I still put in 20 hours before I sadly dropped it. FFXIII-2 improves over FFXIII in so many ways, it's sad I'll never get all the way through it.

Moving onto Lightning Returns now since I heard the port was way better.

apparently some people "never were children".
The jump from elementary to middle school was quite shocking evidence of this in my case.
>6th grade; everyone´s into Pokymen and openly have fun playing games
>7th grade: "LOL WTF user has a cartoon picture on his wallet?! HAHA what a fag!", every other person "secretly" smoking cigs and sipping alcohol behind the corner.

>acting like a child
No, he acted like a whiny little emo bitch for 90% of the fucking game, which makes him one of the least likable characters in the entire series.

wrong. He acted like a spoiled brat, which he was.
But, he redeemed himself first by being a good mage, then by stopping being a little bitch.

And then he became a handsome motherfucker and a president of the entire planet, /ss/´ing with Light and a dead chick.

>He has the most real growth of any character in any JRPG.
>This is what XIIIfags actually believe
jesus christ

He was on vacation when suddenly he got pulled into a fucking holocaust situation, and then his mom died right in front of him.

Fuck you, he is the single most real depiction of a child in any JRPG. He doesn't act like a mary sue and completely ignore the fact that he just lost one of the pillars holding up his life.

>enter an armpits thread
>no armpits being posted
Step the fuck up

If you're telling me that you would instantly man up and know what the do when you were 14, then you're actually 14 and need to leave, only people 18 and up can post on this website.

If anyone has a strong opinion on anything good or bad, don't listen to them.

Also, he's got a lot of depth. Most people think he had mommy issues, but his anger stems from his daddy issues. It's why he was so mad at Snow, as a male person in a position of power. That's deep.

This is probably the worst girl in the history of final fantasy

Cred Forums calling FF13 shit was always hilarious, considering how much they love FFX, which is essentially the prototype to 13 in every way, including story and straight lines

>People actually consider Hope a good character
>Much less compared to Sazh
I think this is enough Cred Forums for me today.

>what´s this? XIII actually has good points??
>HERESY AND LIES!!
every hater, ever.

Seriously, name one thing wrong with Hope as a character.

Both are some of my all time favorite characters in the entire series. And yes, I have played pretty much the entire series.

This.

Whats the matter? Not emo enough for you?

That's WoFF

Being young doesn't excuse being fucking annoying. I've seen more mature people in his age.

With dead mothers who died in front of them?

Those people are rare, and also didn't see their mom die, and also know who is responsible for it.

>I've seen more mature people in his age.
and I´ve seen older people act less mature than him. So fucking what?

Final Fantasy XIII should be used in schools to teach what a game should NOT be ever. The game is so bad it hurts. Worse yet, just because of one man's fapping needs we lost an entire generation on this pink Cloud bullshit. Your opinion is garbage and you should feel bad OP.

The direction they took him in with the sequels was weird. I don't think they ever portrayed him as a super genius capable of building a synthetic world.

That is Final Fantasy X.

Yes, my friend.
His mother had cancer, and he got depressed afterwards, but he got over it after some time. He cried a lot, but he didn't act like a fucking brat.

This wasn't my first one but I still consider it one of the best games ever made, and the best Final Fantasy. Just ignore X-2 and the butchering done in HD remaster with added stories

The only truly shitty character in XIII was Lightning.

Nope. It was Cid

>So fucking what?
He's a fucking brat, that's what.

Funny thing it was almost as much of a hallway-fest as 13

X-2 is the better game though

True. That is exactly his original character.

Isn't that what Hope did?

So exactly what Hope did. Thanks for letting me know you're fucking stupid.

>Cred Forums likes game
>it becomes popular
>Cred Forums hates game

>game is unknown
>only fans post
>game becomes known
>assholes start shitposting, drowning out the fans
Makes perfect sense

Played XIII and was disapointed, but liked it enough to play it trough twice.
I think i liked XIII-2 a little more but "only" played it once.
I still have to finish the abortion lightning returns is and have no interest whatsoever as of right now.

for reference I have more than 750 hours in XII so I'm quite bitter with the ps3 era FF

HD remaster of XII is coming with the zodiac job system.

Hold on brudda, just hold on.

Why? Genuinely curious?

Why did Final Fantasy went to shit after 9?
We went through 2 generations without a good Final Fatansy. Fuck.

I can't come soon enough

It has a fuckton of deapth if you look beyond the "LOL DRESS UP SIMULATOR GAME LMAO"

>one of the best games ever made
ITS A GIANT HALLWAY

FUCK YOU

>

here, it's for (You)

Final fantasy past VI is utter garbage

the zodiac job system is actually worse than the standard system, I mean that version of the game is still the best but only because of all the updated shit in it, the job system itself is retarded and forces you to put characters in roles that go against their archetype if you want to get the most out of the game

I mean fucking seriously, the best black mage in the game is basch (??????) and the best white mage is balthier (???????????) its fucking retarded

Final fantas past III is utter garbage. Fuck off you and your shit taste

FPBP

Final Fantasy past the third remake of 1 is utter garbage.

Are (You) >implying that this is stupid becouse they're males and the sexualized tool women of that biggoted game should ocuppy those non-phisical roles????? check your priviledge you Trump supporting scum

yes this is a shitpost, genius

This is some meta trolling I've never seen before.

FF was always utter garbage

It's not all bad, I actually have no problem with ashe being the best samurai, by its pretty retarded that basch and balthier are essentially not being utilized to their fullest potential unless they play mages, which their stats early game don't even reflect, its just by endgame they end up with the best stats for those roles

vaan can play any role cause of his insane stats but as a result he is also forced into playing monk, which is relatively weak besides high hp, just because his high stats make up for the monks weak stats, and they have valuable breaks, thus vaan has to occupy a role because he shores it up instead of one he takes full advantage of, its just a stupid system, and this coulda been avoided if they just let you switch jobs whenever, no defending it

no this is not a shitpost

Cred Forums is a lot like Barthandelus, just tell it to eat a dick and keep on trucking.

Well, luckily for you, the job system will be optional.

If FF13 never existed we would have never got ff13-2.

Literally the best FF game.