So, I just finished pic related, took me an hour more or less

So, I just finished pic related, took me an hour more or less.

I really don't understand the hate this game gets here. Sure it's short, easy, like there's not a single time where you have to think, and there's not much going.

But the love story between the two girls is kind of cute, the music is nice and the environmental storytelling is more than decent.

I just don't understand something. The parents went to celebrate their anniversary, where is the brother, and why aren't we with our girlfriend? The girl was supposed to go to the army, but said fuck it, called us, and we were supposed to meet her and go somewhere with her. Yet the game starts with us coming home.

Or did I miss something?

>Implying any of us actually play or know anything about that game other than what's been meme'd
It's three minutes long, r-r-right!?!?

You missed that you're not playing Sam you dumbass.

Also none of the things you described make a GAME good.

meh.. people have speedrun it in 60 seconds...

>"I really don't understand the hate this game gets here."
>Immediately lists reasons the game is hated.

Yes, I'm fucking retarded, thank you user. So it's our sister who left with the army girl. But where is our brother?

>non of the things you described make a GAME good.
Never said they do. But the end result is pretty nice, therefore it's a nice game.

Nice job using cheat codes to speed run through the game.

>OP is a faggot and asks why do people hate the overhyped walking simulator that has only an hour of content, a shitty story, and is still sold for 19.99

What did he mean by this?

>game

fuck off shitlord

So you're saying that a game can't be good unless it's extremely long and extremely hard?
You're saying that if a game is piss easy and short it's bad by default?

Now that makes no sense.

There is no brother. You play as the Sam's older sister.

>So you're saying that a game can't be good unless it's extremely long and extremely hard?
No.

>You're saying that if a game is piss easy and short it's bad by default?
Usually yes, I'm sure there are rare exceptions.

>a shitty story

Lol I love that this game's story got called shit at the same time the same people were praising TLoU.

"Fuck this original story! It's fucking queerbait!"

"The Last of Us has a GREAT story with UNIVERSAL appeal. You play as an angry white man who is angry and unable to protect the women in his life!"

The extent to which white guys flip out when something isn't narrowly and specifically targeted towards them is hilarious.

Look, most of Cred Forums threw a hissyfit about the game because it was the beggining of an era where Cred Forums started caring more about shitty political drama than games themselves. Gone Home because a poster child of three MAJOR sources of insecurity and hatered brewing on Cred Forums at that time at once:
It's affiliation with left-wing ideology through emphasis on subjects of gender identity and dismissal of more conservatively oriented society, the growing hostility between gaming journalism (that was craving for sense of higher approval and moral justification) and the happily immature playerbase, and finally the growing concern about gameplay complexity becoming irrelevant to the medium, which itself had roots in the CoD induced trauma and escalated even further with Dear Esther becoming a commercial release.
So basically you had Cred Forums talking about nothing more than it's hatered for preachy, self-righteous left-wing ideologists, pretentious journalists looking for their own validation, and about how games are totally turning into movies with no actual effort involved: and at that point, fucking Gone Home came out, embodying every single one of those problems.

So that is why most of Cred Forums hated it with such a passion. We can debate how much that was justifiable or not.

Personally, I never gave two flying fucks about any of those things, but I still hate the game. And here is why:
>and the environmental storytelling is more than decent.
No. It is not. It's GOD FUCKING AWFUL. I would not mind anything else, I don't mind the token political undertones people saw in the story, I don't mind the lack of challenge or complexity in gameplay, I don't give two toss about what the journo's thought about it.
But the environmental storytelling was absolutely AWFUL and in a game that has literally nothing but that to sell on, that is a serious, serious flaw. It's like a dumb, straight-forward shooter that completely fucks up it's gunplay: it's not something you can just ignore.

Then who the fuck is Terry?
>le famous unless it has guns and explosions it's not a game meme
remove yourself from existence slutboy

I'm sorry OP, but how fucking dumb do you have to be to think that you're playing as Sam instead of her sister? And there is no brother! Where did you even get the idea that there is a brother???

>tfw you are literally too stupid to understand Gone Home

>Then who the fuck is Terry?

The Dad. He is a struggling author and that has affected his ability to feel confident in his marriage. Meanwhile the mom's career is going great and she is sorta flirting with this guy at her work.

They realize that they've hit a rough patch in their marriage and go to a couple's counseling retreat but they tell Sam that they're going away for their anniversary.

>Then who the fuck is Terry?
A random boy they tried to put Sam up with.

reminder: this game didn't get it's perfect scores on merit. The devs were personal friends of corrupted gaming journalists who shilled the fuck out of the game just to push a agenda.

This game represents everything wrong with the indie scene and gaming journalists.

That's Daniel.

Sam just uses Daniel for his SNES. Poor Daniel.

Game reviews are opinions. They're subjective. Sorry dude.

Are you still butthurt that some reviewers scored this higher than GTA V?

Holy shit the meltdowns from that were hilarious.

Oh yeah, you are right.

Woah you walk around for an hour to learn that someone is a fag
This is the state of videogames today

>this butthurt 3rd worlder posting in every thread
just tell us which country, be honest

Shitposting thread?

Shitposting thread.

I get legitimately sad when i see shit like this get 10/10's with barely any effort

In hindsight the story is really simple, you are not exactly doing anything to "unravel" the mystery of Gone Home, the game just requires you to walk from Point A to Point B (And collect really easy to find tapes) in order to "win".

Even as a "interactive experience" it is just decent, i've seen HL1 and 2 mods that try to tell better stories than this one while at the same time looking better and barely get any recognition

I'm pretty sure this game would have gone by unnoticed had it not been by the fact that it attracts a lot of the Youtube crowd that likes to sit together and watch the movie along with their favorite e-celeb

If you were impressed by it, then congratulations, i'm glad you like it, but don't go around saying that this is a 10/10 "GAME" when it poses little to no challenge and the story is just decent

Lol. Chill dude.

The state of video games today is overwhelmingly, "Shoot that other guy with a gun. Don't worry.

>Game reviews are opinions. They're subjective.
No, they are actually judgements. And judgements are normative. And as such, they actually imply certain degree of responsibility of their author over his arguments, claims and decisions: especially so if said person writes reviews for money, automatically gaining a position of authority and influence in the process.

>finished

*marathoned

Actually, why not? I mean people watched much longer movies to see similar kinds of stories.

The problem is that it's poorly done, not with the ambition itself.

>This guy
>Literally trying to argue that opinions are objective

If someone gives a game a score you disagree with, you have exactly one avenue of recourse. Take their opinion less seriously next time.

It's the dad who drew these retarded drawings and writes like a mentally disabled 8year old? Who the fuck wrote the stupid 2 page long story about the couple in the forest that was full of errors and with extremely poor sentencing?

I'm autistic but not to the point of caring about journalism or reviews and scores, and who is friends with who. That pic is cringe in its purest form, someone actually took the time to investigate the reviewer of the game. I just heard of the game on Cred Forums, and from experience, Cred Forums likes everything that's bad, and hate everything that's good. So I just downloaded it and gave it a try. And once again, Cred Forums hates it and it's ok.

People were stupid enough to pay 20 bucks for this walking simulator. If this doesn't make you lose faith in humanity, I don't know what will.

Could you please quote out the part where I say ANYTHING about objectivity?

Reviews are supposed to function as consumer advice.

When you review a friend's product and don't disclose that relationship to your readers, you are withholding relevant information, and therefore you have failed as a reviewer.

EZ

Me

>>Game reviews are opinions. They're subjective.

You

>No,

If something is not subjective then it's.... help me out here.

>responsibility for vidya opinions
How much of a fucking faggot do you have to be, holy shit. It's not a goddamn policy brief. Your faggotry is Anita-tier.

Most of its hate stems from how journalists hailed it as the second coming of Christ when other games did what it did better and got nowhere near the reception it did. Its acclaim obviously comes from the fact that it's "in" to claim anything with gay characters is automatically good nowadays.

People spend more on games like Persona, Neptunia, Uncharted, and some even watch anime. And that's way more cringe worthy. Not to mention Gone Home is free on Piratebay.

>I'm autistic

Because you said this, I'm going to take your confusion about the game's story at face value. (This is probably dumb of me)

The Dad writes the published books about the guy trying to stop the JFK assassination. He also writes reviews of stereo equipment for a magazine b/c he is hard up for work.

Sam likes creative writing and writes short stories. The age at which she wrote the story dictates the level of spelling errors.

Ooooh, so the drawings and retarded stories are from one of the daughters when they were young? Now it makes sense. Thank you user. I don't know why I was left with the impression there was a brother.

>If something is not subjective then it's.... help me out here.
Either objective, or normative, or speculative.

>How much of a fucking faggot do you have to be, holy shit.
You are right now saying that people should not be responsible over things they believe, especially when they offer those believes to others as an advice, ESPECIALLY when they are literally paid for that.

You people are actually mentally deranged at this point.

No problem dude!

>£15
>highly overrated

it's just a short visualnovel-type game

>visualnovel-type game
retard

i know it's not a visual novel
it's just a kind of game that nobody that wants to actually play videogames plays

like visual novels
you're probably a weeaboo manchild aren't you?
sorry that i mixed up you're waifu stories with overrated tripe

The Doom WAD is better

>b-but the story

Okay what about GAMEplay? I fucking hate movies

Do you realise that a game can have garbage gameplay and still me amazing right? Not saying that gone home is amazing tho.

>can get the entire story just from watching a let's play
>don't miss a single bit of the trash gameplay
>"why do people hate this"

GEE user, IT'S NOT HARD TO FIGURE OUT.

>people should not be responsible over things they believe, especially when they offer those believes to others as an advice, ESPECIALLY when they are literally paid for that.
I'm not like I'm hiring them to do some kind of fact-based investigation, you clueless loser. It's a fucking opinion about a videogame being good or bad. This is not your tax dollars at work. This is not some consumer protection agency. It's not even advertising! A review is just some faggot with an opinion--if people like his writing enough to pay for it, whatever, but there is no "responsibility" to write in a way that people like because oh nooooooo it might influence the way someone thinks about video games. Which, I might add, are luxury items that no one needs and barely interact with the real world, so unless you're some kind of thoughtcrime faggot then yeah there is zero responsibility.

Good fucking christ. Only with video games do fans act like praising/dissing a product in a way you disagree with is equivalent to lying about the specs on the back of the box.

Look, most of Cred Forums threw a hissy fit about the game because it was the beginning of an era where Cred Forums started caring more about shitty political drama than games themselves. Gone Home became the poster child of three MAJOR sources of insecurity and hatred brewing on Cred Forums at that time at once:

1. It's affiliation with left-wing ideology through emphasis on subjects of gender identity and dismissal of a more conservative values.
2. The growing hostility between gaming journalism (that was craving for sense of higher approval and moral justification) and the happily immature playerbase.
3. The growing concern about gameplay complexity becoming irrelevant to the medium, which itself had roots in the CoD induced trauma and escalated even further with Dear Esther becoming a commercial release.

So basically you had Cred Forums talking about nothing more than it's hatred towards preachy, self-righteous and liberal journalists looking for their own validation, and about how games are totally turning into movies with no actual effort involved: and at that point, fucking Gone Home came out, embodying every single one of those problems.

So that is why most of Cred Forums hated it with such a passion. We can debate how much that was justifiable or not.

>spacing and grammar

Now you got some decent copypasta that's actually readable.

But why do you think the environmental storytelling in Gone Homo is bad?

>Do you realise that a game can have garbage gameplay and still me amazing right?
Nope, that's factually wrong. If a game's gameplay is garbage, then the game is automatically bad and nothing can redeem. Name a single game that you think proves otherwise, and I'll tell you how each one fails miserably.

Gone Home is what would come out if you told a shitty AI to make a "environmental storytelling" game.

Its subtlety is of a 6 year old retard.

Go back to your containment subreddit please.

This says more about how awful most other games are than Gone Home being particularly bad at it. I can't remember the last game I played that had environmental clues I thought were "subtle." It was probably some adventure game back in the early 2000s or some shit.

But Witcher has the worst gameplay and combat system ever created by mankind and yet it's by far the best Witcher aswell as one of the better RPG out there. I have other exemples.

But I wish to say that gameplay is very important and that good and enjoyable gameplay can save an extremely flawed game, but a game CAN be good even if the gameplay sucks.

People for some reason can't handle that someone enjoyed something that they didn't enjoy. Big surprise.

Gone Home is awesome. I bought it at launch for $20, played it, and thought it was great.

Later that night I went on a date to see Jobs (the Ashton Kutcher one). Spent about $20.

Gone Home was a better use of time and money that day.

>I'm not like I'm hiring them to do some kind of fact-based investigation, you clueless loser.
No, that is what their bosses do. More specifically, they hire them to provide judgement and assessments that will be valuable to their readers enough to keep them coming back and relying on their judgement, creating traffic and thus add revenue or encouraging people to financially support the medium.
It's like you LITERALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND what a critic's job is.
Not to mention that ANYONE should actually be responsible for their beliefs and their JUDGEMENT in particularly. Rationality, lack of bias, experience, correct argumentation, capability to understand context, capability to understand needs of the person you are offering your judgement are real things and can make an "opinion" more or less justified, more or less reliable.
How do you not know this actually, this is the quite LITERAL basis of human rationality and belief-acquisition. It's like nobody ever told you that you should invest effort and care into what you think and say.

You literally don't understand that people should be compelled to be as rational, unbiased and well informed as possible, and should be held responsible over their beliefs.
In other words, you don't seem to even understand that being dishonest, biased, close-minded, ignorant to context are BAD THINGS that people should be called out upon, and should be expected to avoid being.

And you are even further confused that people who's JOB IS TO GIVE ADVICE TO OTHER PEOPLE are the ones who should be called to responsibility and expected to have standards in the first place.

I actually dread to fucking think where you have been raised (actually, more like just tossed and ignored) that you don't understand these concepts. It's actually legitimately terrifying: you were not raised in normal human society.

>But Witcher has the worst gameplay and combat system ever created by mankind and yet it's by far the best Witcher

Nope, that's factually wrong. If it's the worst in terms of gameplay, than it's a bad game period. Nothing can redeem it.

>I have other examples
Go ahead and name them, and this time tell me specifically why the gameplay doesn't matter.

>But Witcher has the worst gameplay and combat system ever created by mankind

So you've played like 4 games your entire life?

The fact it gained the attention it did and GOTY awards and so on and so forth over a game with entertaining gameplay value upset people because it meant that the market might start shifting their target toward walking simulators like these rather than pushing more toward games with enjoyable gameplay.

But then again if not Gone Home the websites that gave it GOTY would have gone to The Last of Us or Bioshock Infinite which everyone attacked profusely as well, perhaps a better alternative but still would have caused a shitshow.

Good game. I think you missed some important details though. You play as the sister to the girl who runs away with the other girl.

Your parents are having relationship issues and go away on a retreat. I think the weird guy that left your family the house was your grandpa or something? It's been awhile since I've played it again.

Don't listen to all these spergs. Lmao at the person who put together one of those insane flowcharts during his research into the history of Idle Thumbs. You're a baby, dude.

Interactive story =/= game

>Lmao at the person who put together one of those insane flowcharts during his research into the history of Idle Thumbs. You're a baby, dude.

lol. This.

>I did 45+ hours of scientific research and Gone Home is OBJECTIVELY NOT A 10/10!!

Yeah, video games usually aren't very subtle, it usually isn't in their nature, but when your only schitck is that one thing, you could at least do it better than some, instead of shittly slapping it on without a thought or a nickel of subtlety.

Speaking of recent games, Mankind Divided did it alright in some parts.

>But why do you think the environmental storytelling in Gone Homo is bad?
If your game that is entirely about learning the story of several inhabitants of a house can't be bothered to make the house look like an actual house with logical layout, when they can't be bothered with creating enough assets to populate THAT ONE HOUSE so that they have to rely on onslaught or reused ones, if you give no thought about the actual logic of the layout, if your only narrative tools consist of LETTERS AND MAGICAL VOICEOVERS THAT MATERIALIZE IN YOUR BACKPACK AFTER CLICKING ON A RANDOM OBJECT, then you know you are not doing good environmental storytelling.

The place does not feel like a house and tells us little to nothing about the character outside of things that are explicitly VERBALIZED for us: either in a text log, or a voice-log. The very, VERY few objects that are not just random, generic clutter throw around are INVARIABLY the voice-over triggers too.
And it's ugly. My god is it ugly. You had one fucking house to model and you made it look like a Doom Map, both in layout and in visual fidelity and attention to detail.

And if you add that all to a story that is essentially "aren't those white middle class people terrible!" leaving basically no space for actual character for the characters in the game besides "here is a list of clichés about how horrible white middle class people are", there is frankly not much to actually tell through the environment either.

THESE 4 PEOPLE ARE FRIENDS. HERE'S 10 PIECES OF EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THIS.

You know why you have 10 pieces of evidence is because no one's trying to fucking hide it because there's no reason to???

>Nope, that's factually wrong. If it's the worst in terms of gameplay, than it's a bad game period. Nothing can redeem it.
I don't understand. Are you saying that the abomination of a gameplay in Witcher is good or that Witcher is a bad game?

>Go ahead and name them
Every MGS game except V. Literally unplayable, clunky as shit, tedious, yet the game are decent. Not very good, not bad, but decent.

Every TES game since Arena. Garbage gameplay that looks and feels like shit, god tier games.

I have more exemples if you want to.

A rose by any other name. Who cares if it's a game or not?

I played it. I liked it. I moved on.

>all this shilling for a game that's STILL full price years after release
>65 replies and only 25 posters

There's trolling for the sake of getting cheap laughs over someone else's anger, and then there's pretending to like a legitimately shallow, flawed game because you're a complete tool. I would have thought Cred Forums was better than this.

You're just misusing the word responsibility and falling over yourself so you can go on a tirade. No one is denying that people generally prefer reviews to not be baseless, made-up shit. Good luck writing to your local newspaper complaining that the editiorial section is too biased and opinionated, though. It's completely misplaced moral outrage.

Also, a critic's job is not to give advice, it's to analyze and inform. His insight could sway me in any number of directions, but it's certainly not his job to tell me which way to go.

>Are you saying that the abomination of a gameplay in Witcher is good or that Witcher is a bad game?
If the gameplay in The Witcher is bad, then it's a bad game. The story nor the graphics nor the voice acting can redeem it. If the novels can't translate well into a game, then it's not a good novel either.

>Every MGS game except V
All terrible games. Too many cutscenes, too much story, too much cringeworthy voice acting. gameplay is abhorrent. Therefore not a good series, and barely even qualifies as a video game.

>Every TES game
Made by Bethesda. Pretty much terrible by default. It's like asking me to like a game by EA. There's nothing redeeming about them.

>I have more examples
Then please list some more. All these examples have done is prove how terrible "story" based games are.

No, that's without any cheats or glitches.

>And if you add that all to a story that is essentially "aren't those white middle class people terrible!" leaving basically no space for actual character for the characters in the game besides "here is a list of clichés about how horrible white middle class people are", there is frankly not much to actually tell through the environment either.

I don't think that's the point of the game m8.

>Witcher
>one of the better RPG out there

I got this when it was free on PS4 Plus and wondered why I was playing this through it entirety. The gameplay was not fulfilling at all, it ended up being just listening to an audio book while messing around with the game's bad physics engine. I enjoy a good lesbian fanfiction but this was below even the shittiest of stories. There were hardly any intimacy between the two beside the two little parts: where they kiss for the first time and subsequent times after, and the small note under the bed stand later into the game and you aren't even able to read the whole thing because "ew gross". The whole game was a tease that ultimately led up to nothing at all.

>very, VERY few objects that are not just random, generic clutter
By real-world standards? Yeah, duh. By vidya environment standards? lol, what a dumb exaggeration. You're trying too hard to make it sound Gone Homo is omg the absolute worst at everything ever, m8.

Now you're just memeing but it's fun to read your replies. Here's another exemple.
The Diablo series.
Diablo 1 and 2 have bad gameplay, Diablo 3 has good gameplay that's millions of times better than 1 and 2. Yet 3 was pretty dissapointing while 1 and 2 are great games.

What makes 1&2 great? The super awesome touching story?!!?

Never got into Diablo. Too much story.

Video games are not supposed to be about story. I don't know how that's "memeing". But when youre saying that story is more important than gameplay, you're the one who's memeing pal.

It doesn't have gameplay, the creator actually said he he wanted to add mini-games but he was retarded and didn't knew how to program them correctly, so he removed all the gameplay and released it as a walking simulator.

>Diablo
>too much story
I have literally never heard anyone talk about Diablo's story, only clicking on things, killing stuff, and acquiring randomized loot.

>le famous unless it has guns and explosions it's not a game meme
It doesn't need guns or explosions, I like puzzle games and this is shit. If you want a real puzzle, exploring game go and play proffesor Layton games.

Undeserved praise

If it has more story than a Mario game or a Metroid game, you're already boring me to death.

Layton games, while fun, are a shit example of "puzzle, exploring games" because all the puzzles are minigames shoved into the design with no relation to anything happening in the game. It's basically a minipuzzle collection with a game world around it.

>By real-world standards? Yeah, duh. By vidya environment standards? lol, what a dumb exaggeration
I think the point here is that the few "quest items" that actually matter are accompanied by "oh so subtle einv. storytelling" voice/text logs, might as well put a bigass objective marker on them. You don't have to figure out shit, it's all laid out for you.
>You're trying too hard
Not an argument.

Are you that one guy who only plays Dwarf Fortress and that anything other than pure gameplay is a waste of invested money?

>people still arguing over Gone Home
hasnt the game been out for ~5 years or some shit at this point?

I don't get why people like this shit, I like story heavy games like Visual Novels or Adventure games, I like puzzle games, I even like like to just walk in games with beautiful landscapes, but this "game" have literally nothing
- No gameplay
- No good story
- No good graphics (landscapes, caves, underwater)

It's like the first demo of a game developer kid, with nothing added.

>You're just misusing the word responsibility and falling over yourself so you can go on a tirade.
Actually, it's you who does not seem to understand the meaning of the word "responsibility". This might absolutely shock you, but there is such thing as basic moral responsibility, responsibility to one self etc... YOU seem to have mistaken the words "responsibility" and "liability" there, fuckwit.

>Also, a critic's job is not to give advice, it's to analyze and inform.
And WHY would he do that, you fucking idiot? Also, no. To INFORM is a reporters job. To JUDGE is a critics job. Judgement has moral, normative dimension.

>I don't think that's the point of the game m8.
That is literally the entire point of the game. It's what the damn fucking story is about.

>By vidya environment standards?
By expectations of a game whose ONLY fucking selling point is focus on extremely small, highly beliveable environment to tell a highly believeable, realistic story, dimwit. The asset list would be laughably small for one level in Painkiller, and Painkiller is not a game where you are supposed to spend your entire time carefully analyzing ever square meter of it.

If the fucking developer can't produce enough assets to make a house that looks and feels like a house, MAYBE they should have not set upon themselves to make a game entirely and exclusively about exploring a single house in great fucking detail.

>You're trying too hard to make it sound Gone Homo is omg the absolute worst at everything ever,
I'm saying that it's terrible at environmental storytelling, which in a game about nothing else but environmental storytelling is a pretty damn glaring flaw.

Still way better in every single aspect than gone home.

@353474575

>user is now going to hate on Dwarf Fortress because it doesn't have enough "progressive" themes and storytelling

Sorry, but this isn't worth a (You).

game developer *kit

Gone Home is just a real-life modern version of "The Emperor's New Clothes". The game is shit in every single aspect, but the creator talked his way in the interviews to make it look "deep". In reality the game is shit, but the critics will say its great because they doesn't want to be considered dumb for not understanding it deepness. Also your typical murrican doesn't really know about good or "deep" story telling so they can be tricked easily.

You are a god-awful person. I can only hope there is a punishment for you after this life.

Every game from the past, in the present and in the future should just be Doom wads.

Not everything is an argument, friend. If I think you're a retarded fuckwit I'm just going to call you one because it's amusing to point it out, not because it's some kind of logical proof.

Which country?

So you don't have any, have at it lad.

>Judgement has moral, normative dimension
No, preferences can be stated without any moral or normative component whatsoever, and they often are, especially in reviews about a product like video games. And the "inform" part comes from the critic's insight and reasoning, not the judgments themselves.

You're playing a really dumb game where you act like you're talking about big picture issues but try to defeat counterarguments by shrinking the scope down and making it seem like some OBVIOUS fundamental has been missed when you're just purposefully ignoring the context.

No one fucking cares about any moral aspect of these judgments, for example, because we're talking about goddamn video games not journalistic integrity when reporting on a global crisis or whatever the fuck. Use your brain. Yeah I guess someone should think about their responsibilities when writing about whether a painting is ugly or not, too. lol, give me a break.

It's a not a global crisis, but I wouldn't want to be jewed out of my 20$. The term "conflict of interest" exists for a reason.

>Cred Forums
>good
I don't know what I expected in current year

>The sunset in this house is the saddest thing I've ever seen.
Tumblrinas call this good writing?

>Who cares if it's a game or not?
>while posting in a board about games
>when it got a GOTY (GAME of the year) award
>when one of the main problems with it is it's complete lack of engaging gameplay, by virtue of it having almost no gameplay elements.

thankfully you're a shitposter and not a real person.

It must really suck to disagree with a reviewer. I can never know the hardships that face you every day.

Reviews are criticism are not instructions for consumer. That kind of dumb thinking is what leads to people petitioning to remove reviews from Metacritic for having the "wrong" score. If you want to make a case that a reviewer is purposefully lying to trick people into buying a game, yeah okay sure, people are going to be talking about morals. But that doesn't really have anything to do with games like Gone Home, where the issue is that (from the perspective of you and me) the game is being praised for stupid reasons by people with shit taste. If I see a reviewer give a game a 10/10 because "top tier waifus, would fap again" I'm going to think that reviewer is a stupid faggot, but it would absolutely pathetic for me to whine about how his "responsibility" to me wasn't fulfilled because he didn't have the right opinions.

>A rose by any other name.

This is more akin to putting the label "Dog" on a Cat.

>Who cares if it's a game or not?

You are on a "Dogs" board posting about "Cats".

>I moved on.

Clearly you havent because youre still defending this game.

>I played this video game for something other than the gameplay

That's the problem. Go read a book if you want a story.

I liked it

>got this shit for free with PS+
>got all the trophies in less than 2hrs
It's boring shit, but at least I got some easy trophies from it.

He can give it 11/10 for all I care, but if he doesn't disclose that it's his friend's game, then his """opinion""" is just a shady advertisement disguised as an honest independent review. Which is a shitty, shady and dare I say unprofessional thing to do.

>not understanding/enjoying post-videogame games
wow you guys really don't understand art do you?

I just find it hilarious that Cred Forums has hammered the shit out of Kotaku because of their shitty and dishonest shill reviews.

But suddenly we drop that tirade because a shitty person that made a shitty interactive story just so happened to be a "woman". A woman who bribed people with sex and money no less.

I think you're thinking of Depression Quest, not Gone Home. Start a new thread about that.

One of my biggest gripes with the game is that your sister's army girl lover is A) a statutory rapist due to the age gap between the characters, something completely glossed over due to the same sex nature of the story, and B) someone who's gone AWOL instead of shipping out, which means at bare minimum she's facing a dishonorable discharge, and at worst a tribunal with prison time as the punishment. But we're supposed to say 'pure, true love UwU' and let that shit slide. Nah, fuck that. Your poor sister was groomed by a sexual predator.

>Sure it's short, easy, like there's not a single time where you have to think, and there's not much going
So you do understand but deny realoty?

Yeah youre right.

They still corroborated on their review scores though.

The reason Why Cred Forums hates it is because this simple game some how got a million awards with faggot journalists calling it dah best game evar

>statutory rapist
Not true, look up the law in Oregon or whatever state it was.
>dishonorable discharge, and at worst a tribunal with prison time
Neither of these is going to happen if you don't show up for boot camp. In fact I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get a dishonorable discharge before you've even finished boot. Just another case of someone trying way too hard to sound smart and make the game look bad. There are plenty of regular reasons to dislike the game, don't be such a faggot.

Thought she was shipping out. Well, my bad.