twitter.com/kenichiro_taka/status/281205268350660609
twitter.com/realshigerum/status/460190568455237632
youtube.com/watch?v=TPKHxbOg19s
youtube.com/watch?v=TyUArTDYYVc
youtube.com/watch?v=wNlfXuJVn-8
youtu.be/0o8vujoZfhM?t=1m57s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*source can be found easily

Aerosmith and Armageddon saved Itagaki from depression.
And it probably why DoA 3 has Aerosmith songs.

This is why I love Kamiya.

was hayashi always a hack or was he corrupted by sakamoto

That's hilarious.

Hayashi is great. He saved DoA.

>the marks on her nose from wearing the glasses

But they even designed them to come off.

Posting obligatory pic

and he murdered Ninja Gaiden for it, all the while whoring out DOA via DLC to milk the whales

> I was like "they ain't comin' off"!

I want to meet him someday, even if all he'd do is call me a stupid faggot and to go ask my mom in response to whatever questions I had.

Take a suck.

youtube.com/watch?v=eGquX7JmGis
shame cookie is now with Nexon

>OP is a faggot. - Shigeru Miyamoto, 1983

>fuck focus groups and fuck you

The objectively correct attitude to

Maybe not business wise but definitely design wise

>Japanese devs are all egomaniacs: the thread

Anybody have the picture of Tameem as a high school delinquent badass

God I hate Hayashi so much. Why did Devil's Third have to suck? Itagaki could probably still make some great games with a larger budget and some competent developers backing him up.

Anybody have the picture of Tameem as a high school delinquent badass with dicks around him?

>it just works

Excellent

>Why did Devil's Third have to suck
lose publisher
switch game engines and had to port existing assets to the new one (Unreal)
be in development hell
switch target consoles(PS3/X360 to WiiU) because of Nintendo
lost/changed original vision or the footage that was shown before was never singleplayer, only MP

>both of them released unfinished games
what a coincidence
DMC4 is a great half of a game, mind

DMC4 can be played for hundreds of hours due to it being mechanically polished to the extreme.

No Man's Sky gets boring after an hour once the novelty wears off.

1st commandment of Cred Forums
twitter.com/kenichiro_taka/status/281205268350660609

That THQ business was just a stroke of extremely bad luck.

I don't know, is there still any hope for Itagaki making something in the future that isn't F2P junk?

twitter.com/realshigerum/status/460190568455237632

Truly, the wisdom of the east is the most profound on earth

>Nexon
Is he /OUR/ guy?

Are Japanese people really this retarded?

Yes. Just look at

This is excellent. Going to post this whenever the Reddit brigade starts venting about good female models in Japanese games.

how can we save Mikami from the clutches of Bethesda?

Make Capcom not dirt poor again.

He's not a developer and he's not VP of Bethesda Softworks.

the choke on it quote is better

He's right, but only for let's players.

That petting mini game is creepy. Like, if you invite a girl to your house, you do it to have sex with her, not pet her.

I would've preferred a fade out implying that you're doing something romantic, a connection with the girl you like, but "petting"? Who thought of that. It's dumb.

>not trawling tinder just to find girls to pet

It's an anime/Jap thing I think

Personally I didn't want it, but it does concern me that localizes can just remove things they don't personally like from things. Scares me a little

>what is foreplay
>what is cuddling
tfw you'll never touch your husbando's face because of NoA

You could touch boobs too.

>Why did Devil's Third have to suck
Itagaki isn't as talented as he thinks he is. Even without the developer/engine switch, the game just felt terrible to play, and without any interesting ideas. It didn't at all feel rushed (until right at the end), it just felt like someone with terrible ideas, like "let's have melee AND shooting, but make both of them boring."

Its just some silly little bonus game. Why get so triggered over it?

Japanese men have very little sex because autism is rampant and dicks are small. This isn't trolling, this is based on empirical evidence. As part of that, Japs have an obsession with "titillation" as opposed to actual sex. Sex is better than titillation, so the only way someone could ever desire titillation on its own is if they knew they could never get sex.

You're getting triggered over someone pointing out that your favorite game has dumb mechanics.

Jesus, doesn't the Yak have an army of hookers in every major city?

>doing intimate things with people you care about is creepy

>Maybe not business wise

>"Guys, we got the info back from the focus group"

>n-no u

They only appear dumb if you look at it from a myopic biased point of view.

>this could have literally been the Overwatch of its time

spotted the virgin.

Heavily overstated.
The actual Tokyo metropolitan area is a no-go zone for the Yakuza due to 90s era policy of blaming all ills on crime (same as US actually). "Yakuza-style" tatoos are actually banned (for what it's worth) and host/hostess clubs are more heavily regulated than the banks. That's not to say there's NO crime, but the organized crime took a real dive

Inability to type is diagnostic for anger. You can always just take deep breaths.

Itagaki looks like an 80s noise musician

would this have been the first class based co-op shooter? When is Mann vs Machine come out in relation to FUSE

this is him, now

He's such a miracle. I hope things work out for him again

are you kidding me? I need whatever skin treatment regiment that the oatmeal man used because that's nuts

CHOKE ON IT

There is so much wrong with this image, I can't believe it's real.

No they appear dumb from any point of view. This isn't pokemon where that minigame actually makes some sense. You don't pet girls to make them like you. That's creepy as hell and only neets who've never touched a girl before would think that is anything but creepy.

>stop acting creepy towards those fictional women you fucking shitlord don't you know they have rights

>Proceeds to make SFZ unnecessarily difficult to control

please don't derail this dev quote thread with over what mini game should or shouldn't be in a game with one of the worst localization job in recent memory

I don't see any issues with the last one. If Cred Forums wasn't filled with butt-blasted children who can only accept that there can be different design philosophies and that not every game should appeal to them, this board would be much better.

That said, the quote doesn't really have anything to do with that person abilities with making video games. Even though Hayashi is right, it doesn't automatically translate to good games.

The last quote really depends on what you mean with "design around". I think it's important for creators to make what they want to make. Of course, there's more to in than that, but ideally that would be best. Of course, the creators vision might be shit, and it's no excuse to deflect criticism.

The problem with Tameem (and DmC) is that instead of just designing what they wanted, but that they decided to shit on a lot of existing fans as well. I mean, besides the fact that their creative vision was pretty bad, but I think people can accept a game being bad easier than a game that's both bad and insulting to fans.

The Carmack quote (if it's legit) is fucking retarded. The Miyamoto one depends on the game in question, but if that's his design philosophy, that's fine. It's extrapolating it to all games that's the problem.

This one sorta makes sense in one way in a lot of games. What's the point of calling it game over when the game isn't over, and you just continue where you left off/saved/whatever and there's no actual consequence for failing.

what did he mean by this?

>Have among the highest average IQ levels

Uh, not if you go by that metric.

He looks like he's been acting in Sergio Leone movies for the last ten years and the desert has turned his face into leather. Still an improvement.

>I don't see any issues with the last one
the problem being that the quote is from an interview regarding NG3, and that was the answer when asked on why NG3 was very tame with no dismemberments/decapitations.
Hayashi also ultimately produced/oversaw Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge which back-pedaled and re-implemented dismemberment and decapitations.
Not only is his viewpoint arguably completely shit for a series like Ninja Gaiden, he couldn't even stick to his guns. Dude is a hack

t. executive producer

yeah he gives me merzbow vibes

Yoshiki Okamoto is fucking hilarious

1UP: We heard you once had a Ferrari, but someone crashed it. Is that true?

YO: No, no, it was a Porsche. One of my employees crashed it. But other people have lots of accidents in my cars. My mom crashed a 2002 BMW GTR I used to drive. Now I'm riding a Joker scooter, a Monkey scooter from Monkey, a Rich mountain bike, an Esteema station wagon, and a BMW 750. I used to have a girlfriend that I was riding too. But I went out to the parking lot to get her the other day and she wasn't there anymore. [Laughs]

1UP: The president of Dimps [Takashi Nishiyama - he made Fatal Fury, King of Fighters, and worked on the original Street Fighter] lives in the same apartment complex as you. Do you guys ever talk? And who else from the industry do you hang out with?

YO: He actually lives in the same building, on the same floor, right next door to me. Mr. Nishiyama used to work at Capcom as well, so we bonded over the hard work we shared there, and we've been good friends ever since. Both of us had long stretches where we weren't in a relationship, but he would always be sharing a room with some guy. Not me, I mean we were friends. Just friends. I'm pretty sure Mr. Nishiyama is bisexual. But I'm straight. I only like girls, but he likes both. Mr. Nishiyama taught me how to turn my ideas into game design documents, but he didn't teach me about men.

1UP: That's interesting, because I don't know who said it, but a long time ago, at least six or seven years ago, and it might've been from either the editorial side or the development side, but someone told me that you were gay.

YO: [Speaking English] No way! I'm straight! [In Japanese] I think it's just a misunderstanding. I might've said I was working on the "GameBoy," and they heard "Gay Boy." [Laughs]

>sooner or later, nightmare will be end.
WAKE ME UP

>In 2011, Game Republic also shut down due to debt, and a year later, Okamoto announced that he had retired from making console games and started working on mobile games
rip

His philosophy led to a really terrible entry in an already extant series.

He's making social media games, and it looks like they are pretty successful

He's right though.

>making social media games
that is even worse

If you could get over the hateboner for DmC, you'd realize that it's actually a pretty good and fun game that's very satisfying to play.

But Cred Forums won't do that because they'd rather suck MGR's dick for memes despite MGR being absolute garbage.

>satisfying to play
of course it is. Game's skill floor makes musous blush

Nah, it's pretty shitty unless you play the definitive edition, and even then it's just DMC4 with awful controls and no depth.

If you have ever played any other DMC game you would understand that DmC feels like a kiddy, chinese knockoff version of what DMC is. And I am talking stictly about the mechanics and the style system, not even touching the terrible character remakes

Well at least we got this out of that shit
youtube.com/watch?v=TPKHxbOg19s

>sean is australian
Is No man sky is an intentional accident?

>there's no way to mod the music to replace the WUBWUB with mariachi band music
I would enjoy the game much more if you could do that.

Has Itagaki ever done any commentary for his games like Kamiya?

That would be amazing.

>That petting mini game is creepy
Get the fuck outta here

DoA4 has them as well, even DOAU had Dream On playing in the opening.

Please, just kill yourself.

>The Carmack quote (if it's legit) is fucking retarded

You're part of the reason why we keep getting Walking Simulators and Movie Games.

>Not liking petting and headpats
Wew, lad

And then he gave every character eyewear

>Are they planning to sell DOAX3 only in Japan???
>What the hell...
>Huh?? Why??? Are they chicken????
BASED ITAGAKI!
He actually seems like a really cool dude. Plus, he's one of the few people in the industry who can admit that their game has flaws in it.
He truly, had the hardest life.

>her boobs growing and shrinking

Good. I really like them.

that's cute as fuck

I really think people shit over this quote over bandwagoning due to tbfp.

It makes a lot of sense, even more if you read the whole thing.

what does hometown mean in this context?

We need more devs like this in the west.
I want a western developer that is not worried about how the game will sell or what critics will think, I want a dev that will make a game the way they want it to play and hope the fans like it.

You can always come back to ass, the true patrician's paraphilia.

How is Itagaki this based?

Find a publisher who will fund it first and not bend over for focus groups.

Auridons architecture is nowhere near fancy. Its bland as fuck. That being said, Alinor is not even in the game and that building in that pic is just a random fort in Cyrodiil.
So we have a pic of a building in Cyrodiil, a text about Alinor and a official talking about Auridon.
What the fuck?

youtube.com/watch?v=TyUArTDYYVc
the guy who did the first one did do a second one and edited the music himself. Closest you'll get

>tfw you're so mad not even dark energy can destroy your anger

is there any CD Projekt Red quotes anywhere?

I feel The Witcher games are such masterpieces. I wonder what their inspiration is or philosophy behind making the games.

God, Hayashi sounds like a slit-eyed sjw tumbrdor.

Is Hayashi doing Nioh or is that someone else?

I want Warren to be my grandpa.

This come with the Witcher 3 plus two stickers.

Are you sure about that?
It's a bit of a double edged sword

Tameem would be right, if they weren't making something for an already established franchise

Getting nice letters from the devs in the manuals of your games is always a good feeling

Just throwing this out there,.

Looks like there were tweets preceding it.

They should do it more to be honest, I miss manuels but the letter and stickers made me like CD Project instantly.

I was like a five year old when I opened the case and seen the stickers, fucking stickers!

I love Arkane so fucking much.

>being surprised by this
if you say anything to kamiya that he perceives as either a negative comment or an accusation he's gonna blast you. He'll really only respond properly if you ask him questions really politely

Are you gay or something?

They were. It was Luke trying to tell Kamiya to read his article so that Kamiya could understand the perspective of Japanese game developers.

kamiya probably took the phrasing of the question and got pissed. He seems to have a tendency to do that.

I thought the game was just split down high chaos and low chaos.
Is the way the game reacts when you kill everyone (innocents and all) different to how it reacts if you just kill guards and bad guys.

spotted the big dick player who fucks the hottest chicks

Slightly. I think it's just little touches like the remarks NPCs make about you, and Samuel either betraying you or not. I think he's hinting at how D2 will be, too.

>Yaiba
I knew wasn't going to be good, but I don't get how they let it ship while be so abrasively bad.

NG3 wasn't bad after Razor's Edge fixed a lot of what was wrong with it.

If that fucker only had a clue why people whined. Maybe if the lazy fucks had given you more than ONE animation for nonlethal takedowns and more than three whole fucking nonlethal methods people wouldn't have bitched, the fucking hacks.

Post more dev quotes though.

I would suck dick for headpats and buttpats

>You'll never be named War Inspector

Not really.
The guy was insisting Kamiya read his article to understand how people see JP devs, and Kamiya took offense to that.
Considering the writer is a twat, I don't blame him.

>that image
This is certainly a lot more diplomatic than the trash talk he was spewing during his days at Tecmo. Wonder what happened.

So? He isn't obligated to speak to people who he doesn't find pleasant.

It's kind of insulting. An Australian is trying to tell a Japanese guy what the Japanese think, as if he knows better.

>You gotta be you. Only one in the world.
how can you not love this man?

Yeah, killing people in creative and stylish ways was one of the best parts of the game. It's pretty counter intuitive that the game punishes you for it.

One of my favorite ways was the simple but effective blinking above somebody and doing a falling stab on them like a Final Fantasy Dragoon.

Public Relations guy probably sat him down.

>NG3 wasn't bad after Razor's Edge fixed a lot of what was wrong with it.
youtube.com/watch?v=wNlfXuJVn-8
Still a broken piece of shit.

Someone should post a webm or two of that one guy who goes around beheading guards and then knocks others out with the head.

Like the combat was relatively dull and routine in regards to the knife. But all the magic, the gun and crossbow, grenade, the razor mine, not to mention just shoving a guy off a ledge. All I wanted was a different animation for choking them out, or just anything to add variety.

Never seen em.

>Play nonlethal
>Betrayal still happens
That's just lazy

BEFORE YOU GO-GO

Holy shit my sides
>Give up on your dreams. They are actually nightmares.

>you will never play D&D with uncle warren

>'DO' word is capitalized

MUH SUPERIOR WESTERN DEVS MAKING REALISTIC, EMOTIONAL, SMART GAMES FOR SMART GAYMERS!

I feel so bad for him, I actually thought DT was decent, and certainly not warranting all the shit he got, especially now with Valhalla Motion Pictures suing them for copyright infringement

No you don't.

hows he wrong

Is Itsuno still alive?

>implying that's real
youtu.be/0o8vujoZfhM?t=1m57s
sorry, this was the best i could get

How is he right?
>If you play violent games you must be violent.
Remember how people hated Jack Thompson cuz he wanted to ban all violent games because he though they were a negative influence on people? Well now games media and devs have become just like Jack Thompson and they're from inside of the industry.

>If you play violent games you must be violent.
That's not what he's implying though.

I liked the gameover states of True Crime, where the game continued but instead of sneaking into a place you get captured and dragged there, and eventually after failing enough you deviate to a bad ending.

There's nothing wrong with glorifying mass murders in fiction, unless you believe fiction causes violence.

No people are sick of games about killing. When you're 15 you watch action movies and move on as you mature. 30-somethings don't want to just make action games anymore.

>"Her glasses are like her underwear."
>"Never take them off."

Why would you not want her to take her underwear off? She's sexy as hell.

>What's the point of calling it game over when the game isn't over,
Because that is the word we have come to use for that situation, changing it to be oopsie wouldn't have the state of it

Based oatmeal

>"This game is too hard."
>Dev makes it harder.

What a fucking asshole.

Being able to create something wonderful requires just the right amount of arrogance and insanity.

Any more or less than just the right amount results in stupid shit like Felipe Cod.

because they're faggots that think murder is wrong

exactly, that's what I'm saying.

don't worry there will always be hello kitty island adventure :^)

>no longer oatmeal

Good for him.

What? The betrayal only happens if you have high chaos. He even has two forms of betrayal -- the first, he'll just tell you to fuck off. The second, he'll fire a flare.

You can actually neutralize him before he even does that.

A lot of games don't say game over.
I think it makes more sense and looks better if it says "You have died" or "Mission Failed" anyway.

Nope, still wrong.

Phil and Johnny boy at least made games. The terrifying bunch are the ones who hold only indie walk sims or Rev60 to their names. Fez and The Witness aren't games I felt the desire to purchase but Fez was fun and The Witness was at least visually appealing, if drier than a puzzle game ever should be.

No he isn't. Failing is a natural state that comes about in a game. When you don't have it but want to keep a game moving forward you either have to somehow force the player back on the intended path despite them failing at their task (which is horribly awkward and shows the seams of the game), or have a stupidly huge amount of alternate ones (which if they end up being sort and are just you fell and died bad end are basically a game over).

It's why he said don't replay heavy rain, cause when you then "fail" tasks you realise 80% goes the same but it starts to feel really awkward as the story buckles under it's weight to make it work

I think he's just saying they don't understand what he is going for and it was a bad focus group.

Wuh? Where'd my cookie go?

Okay you missed the point of the original statement and mine. The is about game over states not the phrase, changing the name of it has zero real effect

It's not that difficult. You just suck.

>Public Relations guy probably sat him down.
Possibly, but it still just seems so odd. DT was supposed to be his put up or shut up moment after he left KT in such a huff. The original footage under THQ didn't look that good either.

Failure =/= game over

>"You can take sides on that battle"
>"18 quintillions"
>"There will be multiplayer"
The meme is getting old, but i really like the letter

Ok sorry.

Maybe they could just make the games they want to make and not complain and try to convince people that violence is bad then?

The localization was good. Suck my dick, user.

The problem is that Plunkett has no right to tell Kamiya to do anything.

>when u become a paladin

this. players don't know what they want

if every game was dictated by the fans all games would be shit

This. It is perfectly acceptable for a game to go "no, do it again." The idea that the game has to continue somehow despite the burden of the player fucking up is completely unsustainable and not really desirable.

Graphic adventure games existed long before Carmack supposedly even said this. I do believe that that quote is made up though.

Someone should photoshop that reddit copypasta into it

It definitely says to me that the budget (or lack thereof) is one the key reasons it flopped so badly. Not only that but it changed hands, consoles and engines a few too many times for its own good. It was no Alan Wake, where MS sunk dollar after dollar into it with the express idea that it won't fail and if it does you'll never make another game again. At the same time look at how diverse the multiplayer was, even if it had almost no players whatsoever. It was almost Halo like, to compare it to console shooters.

>Failure =/= game over
Yes it very much can. The other options are you get punished, which if it happens enough leads to one or at least makes it more likely that one can come about eg.g your character is weaker. The game tries to keep going despite your failure, which if you keep failing can turn the game into sort of a mess.

Having a complete lose state is a natural part of a game

>MGR being absolute garbage.

What does it feel like having shit taste?

I don't think that's it, from what I've seen he's actually a pretty chill person on Facebook. He still mouths off like about DOAX3 which I'm sure no PR person would ever want him to do.

In interviews and stuff he's just playing a character.

I have to admit that I liked the way Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy dealth with game overs, at least for a little bit. I liked that your secondary characters could bad end (well, one of them) without the game stopping. I don't think it works very well even in those games but I liked that a failure wasn't necessarily a game over, at least not always. But then again, in Indigo Prophecy one of the first things you could do was chug some vodka and eat an entire bottle of painkillers, so maybe he went overboard as the years went on.

No fuck you and all of your kind. You're part of the reason why games are fucking stagnant. Why are you talking about something you clearly have no idea about? Do you think that stories can only be told through "walking simulators" and cutscenes? Have you ever actually read a book and noticed what the storytelling consists of? All the time while you're playing almost any game, you're telling a story.

When you have a medium with untold potential for storytelling, immersion and player interaction, you can't simply say that story is just "supposed to be there". Of course, telling a story primarily through cutscenes is often very bad, as it doesn't draw on the strength of the medium. I am not suggesting this.

It's probably made up (though I wouldn't be surprised either way), but there's a startling amount of people who actually believe this.

Well, he's still not wrong in the general picture. Just that when you're making a new game in a series with a lot of violence, people would get upset if that were toned down.

I still stand by that the quote is true, regardless of who said it. I'm not opposed to violence in games, but less games with violence would be appreciated.

It's a stupid term when it carries no effect whatosever. In fact, the entire state of "game over" is really just bad design in games where it doesn't actually do anything. What's the point of a state that is supposed to indicate the game is over, when in most cases today it's not over. It's barely a failure.

1. Nothing to do with video games.
2. Yes you are you fucking idiot
3. "Don't mention this argument because it completely invalidates all I'm spouting"
4. Like, fuck off with that passive aggressive shit.
5. "I'm objectively right"

He's right inb4 underage little children get butthurt

>doesn't actually do anything
Most game overs will set you back a bit meaning you have to repeat a segment, you are punished for your failure. That session of the game is over, you must now start a new one and you are usually sent to another screen. Do you get angry when they say a race is finished cause people are still moving and can run another race after?

There can be bad implementation of game overs sure, but games have failure states and ends cause that is part of what makes them work

I probably am not the best person for this discussion because I hate David Cage, but Indigo Prophecy was full of game overs. It had extra lives for fuck's sake. And the reason your secondary characters could "bad end" without the game stopping was because the writing was so poor that they didn't have anything to do anyway.

god i fucking just don't like Yosuke Hayashi at all. smug little prick who got promoted way ahead of his skill just cause literally everyone else quit. Doesn't help that the majority of Team Ninja games since have been sub-par.

I've only read about one engine change, were there more? Nintendo is notoriously stingy with funding developers, but it seems odd that they wouldn't QC a game exclusive for their own system.

Alan Wake doesn't seem like a fair comparison. MS's project management on the xbox was incredibly sloppy. The magazine articles painted the game as some sort of open world horror shooter with a dynamic campaign, which means that the producers and the designers had no idea what they were doing. Remedy delivered a surprisingly decent third person shooter despite 3D Realm's terrible production work.

No, DmC deserves every bit of hate it gets. Ninja Theory were exposed for being extremely incompetent as developers and even more childish as adults.

Fun fact, the game people played was the result of Capcom having to fucking fly Itsuno's team out to salvage Ninja Theory's original shit heap of a game.

DoA5's gameplay was good, it's a shame they've found out how to milk DLC dry though

Well, yeah, that's exactly what I meant with the years bit. If you drink the vodka and take the painkillers you lie down and die in your sleep. Its like, fifteen? Twenty minutes in? And i'm not defending the writing, simply saying that I liked that they weren't invincible or forced to die at most intervals. They never close out with any value, though, so you're absolutely right in calling it sloppy.

Alan Wake DID have an open world in the early builds. It was messy but it saw internal testing as well as testing from third parties( since almost no one has their own testing teams). Being a ten or twelve year game wasn't conducive to any of that, though, and MS finally gave them the ultimatum of needing to put something on the table. While the game had flaws and the advertising for phone companies and fucking ENERGIZER were a little unfortunate it was a pretty game, or at least a themtaically and aesthetically solid one. Not only that the combat was satisfying, even if it got a little tired as the game went on. I do miss the idea of actually working on the investigation during the day and fighting at night, however.

The funny part is that I enjoyed Enslaved, even if it was a pretty mediocre game in all respects. The only thing I can say had no flaws was Trip, but I can't remember why I fetishized her so much.

B-But what about Nioh? That looks good right?
T-There's still talent left at Team Ninja, right?

People he doesn't find pleasant aren't obligated to speak to him either.

What do you mean

I feel kinda bad for him. He's putting a lot of effort into responding to his English-speaking fans, but it just invites retards to bother him with inane shit that doesn't even concern him. And when he's rightfully dismissive of these faggots, people misinterpret it as anger, giving him a reputation as this rude and aggressive guy who lashes out at everyone, which invites even more people to fuck with him.

lol calm down fag

I guess Until Dawn is like the shining example of that philosophy from what I've heard, but I just don't think it brings all that much to the table.

Those people are free to make whatever dipshit games about whatever they desire.
But no, they'd rather bitch about all the games other people make and how devs don't cater directly to their minority voice

>twisting his words

cut that out, you swine

I'm always a fan of finding ways to make failure interesting. I don't mind game overs in the least and absolutely find the hardest difficulties in your shooters/hack and slash/brawlers/and action games to be the most fun but its nice when being a fuckup doesn't just end you, it actively means you get a less fulfilling experience and ending as the game goes on. But this is really just my opinion, so take is as you will.

If it matters at all I don't excuse his writing or his actions, I just like to see different things in regards to games. His are definitely different.

Are you assuming western devs haven't said far more foolish things?

Once you understand how Kamiya wants his timeline to be, he can be a great guy

Nioh has another director, right?

Poor Hashimoto.

gay

It's a place you love, but don't get to visit often.