youtube.com/watch?v=LhIS4FdS7co
youtube.com/watch?v=QHRuTYtSbJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VghIvkUd_nY
youtube.com/watch?v=j05hzwQf8pA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nothing

the multiplayer

That garbage fucking cover.

this. great game, commercial success, critically acclaimed.

multiplayer (in any game) is for lonely fags and tryhards.

you expected something that is not realistic.

No level design, mod tools, or replayability.

The Mutiplayer
The Advertising
Advertising the mutiplayer

>single player
>not for lonely autists

is it worth getting? It's on steam sale

How much is it? I wouldn't recommend it for more than $20.

Not being able to see doom guys face in the corner of ur screen

I got it for 30 euro's it was worth it

its became corporate friend instead modder community

outsourcing the multiplayer
letting everyone play said multiplayer
shit marketing in general

it's a good game
not revolutionary, but definitely a step in the right direction

Pandering to BD fags

Too short

Way too simplistic, as in enemies spawn only in arenas, everything else is quiet
Glory kills or whatever the "press X to win" things are not varied enough for certain enemies.

Gun upgrades and some guns are a bit ehh.

t. shit taste

Dunno how you can judge my taste based on that.
Or if your opinion of shit taste means liking the new Doom

MP a shit.

SP one of the best singleplayer FPS in fucking ages.

Singleplayer's well done but I didn't have fun playing it, don't know why. It didn't really surprise me in any way.

$0.05 has been deposited into your account.

Talk about the game you shits

No mod support, multiplayer is literally Halo of Duty, Denuvo and extremely short campaign.

The OST is pretty good.

I love that the official soundtrack is split into four chapters and actually uses the demon monologues to tell the story of Doom Guy's adventures through Doom 1 - Doom 64.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jm932Sqwf5E

No mod tools

Fuck bethesda and id, you fucking killed doom, snapmap is shit

Everything. It's a worthless cynical cashgrab.

No.

It's not well done at all. And you didn't have fun because there's no level design, and no item or enemy placement. It's just one boring circular arena after another, where enemies spawn in with no thought or craft. In the original Doom games you actually had to explore and overcome obstacles that had been placed there by hand. It was an actual game made by actual humans, not some turd thrown together in 30 minutes with the world's worst map making tools like Nudoom.

>It's just one boring circular arena after another, where enemies spawn in with no thought or craft

Are you going to keep repeating the same garbage that has been debunked countless times by people who just post the fucking maps and post webms showing them leaving combat in many areas without killing any demons?

just pirate it

Yes.

It's not even worth playing for free desu.

No.

Nothing went wrong. It has flaws like any other game but nothing ruins it.

You're factually wrong. In between arenas there is a lot of gameplay that builds up to them as the peaks of the level. But there are a lot of enemies outside of arenas. You either didn't play it or are lying.

The rocket launcher sounds like the explosion sound is missing unless you detonate the rocket in your face

I completed the game, most of the enemies spawn around the arenas, there's very little going on in between. Especially prominent towards the end of the game.

Nothing specifically references Doom 64. All we know is doomguy has done this many times before and he got trapped in hell. The ending of Doom 64 didn't have a demon wizard trap him in a coffin or slaying a titan.

DEMONIC PRESENCE LOCKDOWN BULLSHIT EVERY 2 MINUTES

The whole being trapped in a coffin thing happens some time after he went to hell permanently.

That would be the correct answer if it wasn't wrong.

nothing went wrong

The arenas are the biggest fights. If you actually examine the map you can clearly pinpoint in between each arena there is demons to fight, doors to open, and platforms to jump on. Try replaying the necropolis. The hardest part of that level isn't even the arena, but a hallway in between them with two Mancubus, two Barons, and four Pinkys. I dont see how that is "very little going on"

I dont doubt you completed the game, but I feel like you did so without playing on Nightmare or paying attention to things that didn't fit your negative outlook. I have replayed the game five times and can tell you for a fact there is combat outside of arenas, you just dont get relentlessly attacked from all angles as you do in the arenas.

I still don't believe his VA is the same guy who did Reinhardt.

I completed the game on the hardest available right from the start. Wasn't nightmare something you unlocked after completing the game once. Or was it ultra nightmare?

It wasn't all that hard to be honest. I did die a lot, but mostly just to my own mistakes, like rocketing myself to death.

>no alternate armor with bare arms
shit game tbqh

>One hundred percent Argent power!

>That twist halfway through the fight

The boss fights in this game were actually surprisingly damn good. I just wish there were more of them.

>forgettable soundtrack
>repetitive gameplay
>confusing canon
>pandering to Brutal Doom Babbys
>doesn't play like DoomII

6/10. Decent game but not the true Doom sequel fans wanted.

Shit disgusting gameplay with breaking tempo

>forgettable soundtrack

No.

>unforgettable soundtrack
>consistently differing and brutal fighting at higher difficulties
>rebooted the series into what everyone always wanted doom to be
>who gives a shit
>stay stuck in the past faggot

yes

The MP was a travesty. SP was actually excellent, and the only big issue I had was the lack of enemies in between the "arena" sections.

Multiplayer, that's it.

>what everyone always wanted doom to be

>Hey buddy I think you got the wrong door, the demon club's two blocks down

youtube.com/watch?v=NuvuIO23vRg

>3-4 enemies max in a room at a time
>multiple wave bullshit
>press X to execute bullshit

It's not even worth the 55GB pirate.

Fuck no, dude. The OST was fantastic.

jews

>3-4 enemies max in a room at a time

This only happens on consoles. On PC it's 12 enemies.

>that random mess of monotone loud sounds
>fantastic

You're so so wrong it's painful.

That's still nothing.

Didn't feel like nothing when I'm being shot at from every angle as Cacodemons hump my face.

I felt like enemy projectiles needed to be a bigger threat. This was on ultra-violence.

Early on when I had very little health/armor imps were roasting me with their charge shots. As the game went on the only enemy projectile I was really ever concerned about dodging were baron of hell blasts.

Everything else was either super slow and easy to dodge or didn't do much damage.

I thought it was too low and bassy, I wish it was more like the 3DO Doom OST

Yes! Goty

I fell for the nu-DOOM is good meme and bought the $60 version with the smelly statue.

The statue is actually really well done. The turbine stand is perfectly and the whole thing was packaged in such a way that nothing short of a steamroller could break it. As a collectors item, it didn't come with batteries meaning that you could shelf it in the package without worrying about them wrecking the inside. I was happy with it.

The game was SHIT though and I uninstalled after an hour. Fuck these fanboys.

Ultra-violence is "just barely-function human" difficulty.

That game is never really hard until Nightmare.

>that random mess of monotone loud sounds

Uh huh, whatever you say.

youtube.com/watch?v=LhIS4FdS7co

>I thought I was playing a Doom game and it was simply shoot at it until it dies
>mfw I realize you have to use le finisher button so he doesn't get back up

You unlock Nightmare after beating Ultra Violence. And I promise you, its worth replaying on Nightmare. The enemies are vicious and actually try to outsmart you, using all the weapons and learning the demon's patterns becomes a necessity. Just turn off the glory kill highlight and most of the HUD indicators, in my opinion its better to ignore some of the OP upgrades, and the game becomes fantastic.

>Went in with no expectations
>Had a great time and think the game was really good

Nobody went into the game expecting it to be amazing, so how the fuck can anybody be a fanboy of the game?

>What went wrong?
Overall: nothing.

The amazing PC build puts all the shitty PC ports on the market to shame. It runs fine on a potato, it looks amazing if you have the hardware, just like a real PC game.

Single player is surprisingly meaty. All the newskool stuff could be turned off for nostalgia. Maps had plenty of exploration and fighting to go around.

Multiplayer was okay. This mode isn't really my thing.

Snapmap is bretty gud, but could be a lot better. Lack of real control over the matchmaker made finding the right game frustrating. Hiding assets behind an arbitrary grinding was was a bit odd.

Thanks for proving my point.
Even the doom 3 theme remake at the beginning is worse than in 3.

Arena combat. In a doom game. Lol

Cacos were instakilled by the Gauss, anyway.

>3-4 enemy cap
Wot
I played on console
What are you even talking about
There's way more than 3-4 enemies attacking you at any given time in arena
Shit there's more than that in between arenas
Be honest, did you play it?
Or at least watch an episode of game play

No, but it had him staying in hell - which Doom 4 references.

You're literally wrong. I'm not even speaking hyperbole, you're literally just wrong.

i love it. definitely recommend to just have some fun. that's why these guys don't like it, they don't like fun.

Hell yea, but even with that said I was really disappointed the Cyberdemon was not a common enemy type like the promotional material led us to believe. Speaking of that, I also wish this part of the game actually had all these demons. Would of been kick ass.

Nothing, it was one of the most fun games I've played in years.

So basically you're tone deaf or have shit headphones/fucked up balance and can't hear the 9 string guitar's lower end notes playing during the electronic parts.

Cyberdemon was garbage and Hell Guards were even worse

Spider was nice though.

>using all the weapons
After you unlock the super shotgun and the rocket launcher, maybe even that gauss thing, everything becomes useless.
No point in the normal shotgun, absolutely zero fucking use for assault rifle, that minigun is the most useless gun in the game.

The weapons really disapointed me, they lacked any oomph and were all pretty limp dicked. Even the rocket launcher was of questionable use as the explosions felt like fire crackers at best.

No, you are just literally wrong. Like, literally literally wrong.
It's not fantastic and that's a fact.

Shit the fuck up, user, you can see them scattered in this very thread

>THE GAME IS PERFECT
>LITERALLY NOTHING WRONG
>THAT MINOR CRITICISM IS BULLSHIT

I went in expecting a short but entertains (at the very least) cashgrab because of you faggots jerking off over this shit and ended up with what may as well have been a Kickstarter game.

....with a really really nice statue.

3-4 is such a hilariously wrong exaggeration, you're flat out lying.

You have shit taste in music m8

youtube.com/watch?v=QHRuTYtSbJQ

He lays down in place and flashes blue and orange?
The same colors that finisher has been for, you know, the whole game?

Prove it

Its not random, it uses the levels of intensity in the gameplay to add more and more layers to the song.

Or you mean during those screeching and clanking moments? I though someone was driving a nail on blackboard.

I disagree, I found the assault rifle to be the most useful weapon in the entire game due to being hitscan and having the rocket launcher attachment. The regular shotgun's triple burst/explosive blast are also handy as hell.

>wen u bout 2 drop da bass

Let's analyze you're post.

>Random mess
The music is extremely elaborate and tonal, there's nothing random about it.

>Monotone
If you actually think the OST is monotone, you're literally tone deaf.

not him but that and rip and tear are the only good tracks. everything else is terrible.

kys r*dditor.

I turned that highlight off at the start because I was told you could ignore all that shit

The mini rocket thing was okay, but the AR itself was useless.
Yet again, the super shotgun made all the other weapons pointless aside for the rocket launcher.

>Have to fucking prove a meme people pushed for days after the game was released because LOL 12 ENEMIES AT ONE TIME, THAT'S NOT THE SIX THOUSAND WE HAD IN MODDED MAPS

>tonal
fuck off to Cred Forums faggot

Currently playing through it right now. It's keeping me entertained. I wish it was more spooky desu.

>I know nothing about distortion in music.

You're just tone deaf. Accept it.

The SSG is pretty shit, the normal one with the grenade launcher is better in every way.

Doom 64 is spooky Doom 2. Give it a go.

How you feel the weapons feel is subjective, I like them and there's no sense in arguing over something that comes down to like or dislike. The point of there being weaker weapons is that you get more powerful ones as the difficulty ramps up. Its not like old Doom where you only are fully armed for a short time before a new episode strips you. Once you find a gun, you keep it, so it has to be balanced accordinly. Again, if you played on Nightmare you would see why the minigun becomes a necessity which it isn't on Ultra Violence. In a pinch its the only weapon you can rely on to stunlock enemies for an escape. And actually the combat shotgun is still good later in the game for taking out imps. The Plasma Gun is also pretty good but mostly useful for the stun.

Don't bother arguing with those kind of people. They're the kind to label Mezzanine as dubstep because of some peculiar sounding electronic sections in their songs.

>The SSG is pretty shit, the normal one with the grenade launcher is better in every way.

Not him but off yourself immediately.

Either obvious troll or actually hasnt seen the menu screen for snap map. I still have loads of fun building levels and trying out other peoples creations.

>still not even 10

Might as well be 3 at this point.

It is a nice statue. I picked up the CE for about $45 recently.

Helps that revenant is easily the best designed monster in the game.

Minigun is quite good with the mobile turret mod but I agree with everything else.

this is the fight which I found gave me the most difficulty in Nightmare. tactful application of the BFG is a must, and you're fortunately given quite a few extra rounds scattered about.

3 shits isn't instakilled

>turn off indicators early game that a main game play feature is designed around
>miss indicators later in game
How is this the games fault
Why would you turn off any sort of indicator on your first playthrough of a game

So, who are these Sentinel dudes? Space Paladins?

I've always found it peculiar how much of a divide there is on Cred Forums about Doom 4. It's been a long time since there's been a game where both sides appear to be of equal number and one isn't just a vocal minority.

And you are the kind of people that use definitions as an excuse for something being shit. I don't give a shit how it was played or what techniques were used. If it's shit it's shit.

You were wrong, it's ok.
Just don't talk shit as fact about games you haven't even played

Because I didn't care for meme kills and I was told I would be fine turning them off

This was fucking unforgiveable.

You get an achievement for "Shooting it until it dies" but you have to perform a fucking MANDATORY glory kill on him in order to progress.

The fight was fine tho

I feel like it should go without saying that how they're used is what matters and not the sheer number. That should be so obvious im honestly baffled it has to be explained, and that you will no doubt argue against it with another witty one liner and green text. Serious Sam has a fuck ton of enemies but if you actually compare each one's graphical fidelity, ability to use actual tactics to out due the player, sheer amount of animations and the quality of them, Doom wins on all acounts. Its a different kind of game and there's nothing wrong with that. Not everything has to be like that and I guarentee you if you play it on Nightmare you'll feel overwhelmed. I mean, not you specifically, because you're such a cool guy above my pleb taste.

More like we don't take the opinions of people who can't even articulate what they're talking about seriously.

>that minigun is the most useless gun in the game.
Nigger you fucking what. It's the best weapon you can use to take down Barons if you don't have a chainsaw/siege mode gauss.

Can you explain why it's bad in any way?
Or does just saying meme justify you not liking change?

>he uses the bfg
>he doesn't gimp himself to have more intense and tactical fights

Also I forget about it a lot, im ashamed to admit.

They just wanted to get the meme in there somewhere I guess

>ywn play a game in which Doomguy and his Doombros act together in the interdimensional Justice League

Snapmap is shit. There's only so many rooms you can make, and it uses the same limitations from multiplayer(No upgrades, strafe is nerfed for pseudo-sprint, no air control)

What kind of skins are you wearing in Horizon 3, Cred Forums?

Weebing it up or keeping it classy?
>>
Anonymous 10/01/16(Sat)13:51:50 No.353475728â–¶
File: 6e36345d6bcde4dcd1f0294f4(...).png (423 KB, 707x1000)
423 KB
I wish there were more waifu decals, I could not find too many when I looked last night?
>>
Anonymous 10/01/16(Sat)13:53:32 No.353475878â–¶
(OP)
How do I find the skin in OPs pic?
>>
Anonymous 10/01/16(Sat)14:03:01 No.353476756â–¶
Post more anime decals so I can steal them, faggots!
>>
Anonymous 10/01/16(Sat)14:12:35 No.353477557â–¶
(OP)
I have deadmau5's 458
H
File: IrnFkDA.jpg (26 KB, 300x300)
26 KB
Anonymous 10/01/16(Sat)12:42:02 No.353470326 [Reply]â–¶
>Lusty Argonian Maid
+22 replies and 11 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>
Anonymous 10/01/16(Sat)14:06:51 No.353477093â–¶
File: Purge the mutant.jpg (152 KB, 700x668)
152 KB
>other thread where I posted this image was just deleted

Looks like I can use it just in time.
>>
Anonymous 10/01/16(Sat)14:07:57 No.353477180â–¶
I want a thinly veiled thread over a deleted thread.
>>
Anonymous 10/01/16(Sat)14:09:34 No.353477296â–¶
File: 1475207036806.jpg (20 KB, 197x274)
20 KB
im with this guy. if there's gonna be anything worthwhile about this thread, let it be lewds. this man is the example all men should follow
>>
Anonymous 10/01/16(Sat)14:10:00 No.353477332â–¶File: 1456615304740.png (74 KB, 313x316)
74 KB
>those deep voices
>>
Anonymous 10/01/16(Sat)14:12:35 No.353477558â–¶
>he doesnt like deep voices

the problem is they all sound like chain smokers with rocks stuck in their tracheaes.

And you should go play better shooters if you think 7 enemies is a lot, especially on those huge areas.
I haven't played it and I'm not going to because I fell asleep just from watching some gameplay videos.

Actually the game is a lot better if you turn them off because it forces you to subconsciously memorize how much damage each demon can take before they are stunned, and what their stun animation looks like. I found it much more rewarded and less patronizing.

too popular

I wonder how many more bosses they could have made, if they just had brought over people working on snapmap and Multiplayer.

I also wish the BFG wasn't so strong. It trivializes the most interesting demon - the Baron of Hell.

Personally they're way too easy to pull off as opposed to just shooting it until it's dead

kek

So an elitist faggot, in short. You fit right in here.

>>>/twitch/

If you can't actually explain why things like distortion is bad, you have no business talking about this shit.

I agree user. I feel like people that really get into the game understand this and people who played it once on UV shit talk it.

What the fuck are you on about with Serious Sam you mouth breathing retard

Too many levels had enemies just put in an area in waves, instead of being placed through out a map like the original Doom. This made the game fairly easy, because you could just horde resources until you got to one of the obvious areas where demons would be dumped.

It isn't 7 guy.
That's what everyone in the thread is telling you.
You don't even have to admit you didn't play it, everyone can tell

Haven't played the new Doom but what does this game do that makes the Baron interesting? Because in the original he was the most boring special enemy, just a souped up Imp with lots of health

Because I don't like it. I hope you don't immediately assume that when someone talks shit about something it's after analyzing all in and out of it.
Now you need to explain how it makes it good.

No, Doom 2 on Playstation is spooky Doom 2, Doom 64 is spooky Doom 3

some of the guns were dumb

why can't a regular gatling gun be effective? why do i need some 20 barrel take-up-half-the-screen pile of crap?

>Pros

Gunplay is fantastic
General gameplay is pretty fast
Good enemy variety
Competent soundtrack that goes well with the game
Decent level design in the first 6-7 levels

>Cons

Level design goes to shit after the 7th level. The corridor-arena formula becomes even more simplistic
This formula gets old pretty fast and makes the game predictable and simplified
Upgrades, lore pieces, shoehorned story have no place in a game like this
Glory kills usually break the pace
Aesthetically bland for the most part

6/10

On Nightmare, doing glory kills can be more risky and dangerous than just shooting them. I noticed on Ultra Violence people tend to just glory kill everything but if you try that on Nightmare you'll get killed quick because standing still for even that amount of time gets all the demons to lock on to you if you're in a big fight.

Its called an analogy. I used another projectile based FPS with a lot of enemies on screen to make a point about the individual quality of each enemy as apposed to just trying to have as many as possible. I actually enjoy discussing game mechanics, so its a shame on Cred Forums people who make posts saying stuff like "you mouth breathing retard" or "witty one liner greentext #32456534" will always outnumber people trying to talk about the game.

I actually found it drained my resources rapidly because of the difficulty, so it seemed quite balanced to me. The first half of the game has plenty of sections with proper enemy placement, I feel the second half does too but thats when there starts being a lot of arenas. But they still keep things fresh with levels like Titans Realm and the Necropolis.

>quantity over quality

stop playing slaughtermaps, original Doom never had that many enemies either.

The baron will chase you throughout the map, suprisingly fast. He has a jump and ground slam attack that in certain levels can seriously fuck you over. And of course he throws the green fireball too. On their own they're not a big deal but in a wave it can be hard dodging a Baron's attacks while shooting everything else.

Multiplayer? everything. outsourcing to the guys behind borderlands was the first fucking mistake. snapmap is level building on training wheels with none of the variety of true level building.

Singleplayer? Nothing, its a fuckin great game and I was very surprised by it.

>62 GB

Icon of Sin did.

This place may be worse than neogaf

Multiplayer is ruined by the demons, loadouts, and balancing. But the gameplay is great and on the new Deathmatch I have the most fun because there's the least amount of BS involved so it just highlights the gameplay. If they reworked it from the ground up so everyone started with the shotgun and it was more properly like Quake it could of been great. Despite all that my biggest gripe is the tacky armors. Would have been better if everyone was doomguy imo. They only have all the customization because they needed a progression system, which is a big problem for a game like fucking DOOM

Certain Affinity has nothing to do with borderlands

For me personally, it's because it fits well with the tone of the game. It makes the music feel more chaotic and broken. It gives a sense of " everything is completely fucked right now". The combat feels frantic when you're constantly being attacked from every side and you die if you stop moving. At the same time, combat feels graceful as you keep tabs on every enemy, exploiting every drop of damage you can get.

The music reinforces this. There's always a melody in the music but it's extremely muddled and distorted and is hard to pick out. The melody captures the dance and grace of the combat while also capturing the chaos of it. The music perfectly reinforces the combat.

Not much I'd say.

Personally I found the soundtrack to be a bit forgetable compared to the original Doom and I could have gone without the three or four moments where you HAVE to listen to Samuel Hayden or Olivia Pierce drone on and on.

Some of the weapons could have been better, the shotgun in particular doesn't look and sound all that great to me and the rocket launcher feels underpowered. The pistol is also pretty pathetic, but at least it's more useful than it was in the original Doom

Also the lack of mod support sucks. I've replayed Serious Sam 3 a lot more times simply because of mods.

Still, it's the best FPS I've played in a while. It's not really true 90s oldschool FPS, but it's way better than modern "bloody screen so real" shooters with a two weapon limit and hitscanning enemies, and I'm looking forward to whatever they put out next.

>A fucking wall that shoots lost souls at you

>tfw you like multiplayer more than singleplayer
It just feels like there's more pickup management, and the overabundance of lockdown sequences really soured my experience of singleplayer

Agreed 100%

Just want to add on top of all that, the music gets more intense as the gameplay does. Which is why it works so god damn well in the game but isn't as good if you just listen to it on youtube. Its actually designed to work with the gameplay which is a nice design choice.

it's extremely good
fuck you retard. Doom is a very good game but those are it's major flaws

it's shit taste to not have a problem with those things

Thanks for my new wallpaper, where'd you get it from? I thought doomguy didnt have a model in game so you cant take screenshots of him

>the same garbage that has been debunked
how can you debunk that? It's true. Enemy encounter design follows the design philosophy of painkiller or serious sam rather than DOOM. It doesn't have real level design apart from linear progression. Half-life 1/2 are good examples of linear progression while still implementing encounters into their level design

Not enough weapons!

desu this is the first game that actually deserves it's filesize

the textures are fucking fantastic

Tricks and Traps
Dead Simple
E2M6
Suburbs
E4M8

Just off the top of my head, I could probably lost far more if I thought about it for a while

Wasn't long enough, though the harder difficulties have me coming back for more, I have died a lot on nightmare, but I'm pushing through it, it's a blast

That´s... actually true.
Evne if you like the game, the cover is pretty worthless.

Icon of Sin shoots spawn cubes, that spawns most enemies in the game.
You would have known this if you actually played Doom 2.

>original Doom never had that many enemies either.
E1M2 had 79 enemies in the map. NuDoom's max for this is 64.

>You would have known this if you actually played Doom 2.
Stopped halfway through because the levels were complete fucking trash and infinitely worse than the first game's.

Funny enough most people say it was too long and repetitive. Based on what i've seen those who replay it tend to have a more positive view

>would of
Kys my man

>Complaining about the length
Did you peckerwoods even try to find all the secrets?

are any snapmap things good?
I hate this fucking meme

Doom 2 is better than Doom sans E1. Sure it has probably 3-5 of the worst maps between the two, but the general map quality is better. I also don't understand peoples criticisms of the giant city maps either. Those were fun AF

The first half of Doom 2 is actually very good (ignoring the Crusher and all the urban levels) it's the latter half that is absolute shite

Fuck no. Doom 2's level design was abhorrent and you fucking know it. Only the first 2 stages were less than shit and even then they were short as fuck.

>Differing opinions are memes
Doom 2's general map quality is abysmally poor, it probably has the top 10 worst maps in all of classic Doom. The city zones are ugly in that they reuse assets and go for an abstract look that doesn't work and introduce a lot of verticality that does not work for Doom

I think the level design is good. Obviously your mind wont be changed here, all I have to say is if you want true linear level design 100% focused on arenas and nothing else with pretentions of retro shooters, check out Shadow Warrior. Then play DOOM again and youll see just how much better it is and how much you're exaggerating.

this keeps me coming back, regularly.

You could flip the cover if you had a retail game.
Basically 2 covers for the price of one.

In that case, I really do recommend playing some megaWADs for Doom 2. Some of the best one eclipses both official games in design and gameplay.

Dowloading the demo now, hoping my PC can handle it

just lower internal res if you have problems, my 660 runs it very good at 75%

come on, I'll show you who's boss of this episode

shiiiiet

How do I get id to make an update for the PS4 version that doesn't make it a resource hog? I dun wanna get a Pro.

then youre a dumbass, the glory kills are designed to keep the pace up by healing you.
you inadvertantly made the game more shit

>I dont like videogames, I like videogame companies.

Bethesda's Facebook page I think

Now I'm confused because shills said before that the game is perfectly fine even if you ignore the presence of memekills, now you're telling me the game's designed around them?

I pirated it expecting nothing and I'm having the biggest fun I've had with a vido game this year.

I hate every si gle pne lf uou fucka hejjhehdhe

1. Graphics are pretty bad, and if you ignore it, artstyle is still all plastic and greasy. Corpses and gore disappears, everything feels static and cardboard.

2. Soundtrack isn't totally unbearable, but much worse than in 1st and 2nd Doom. Thrash and Heavy metal were changed into some wub-wub electronic garbage which is trendy among kids these days.

3. Level design is extremely linear, everything is marked on the map, and even if you turn off the markers and tweak the HUD, they even made green lights to point where you should go.

4. Floating combat, no feel of doing damage, both to you and to your enemies. Weapons feel like pea-shooters and half of the time you fight using QTE's. Also: regeneration pills dropping from enemies.

Since Doom never had a story, those 4 are the only things you may look for in that game, and all of them were either bad or completely mediocre. DOOM isn't a shitty trash like it's predecessor, Doom 3, but it's so boring, i dunno why would you care.

Doom 8\10, Doom II 7\10, Doom 3 2\10, DOOM 5\10. Brutal Doom 9\10. Play BD instead.

My only problem with the cover is that they chose the most generic cover in the world to show people but they get this cool "Cursed Marine fights demons in hell" one only after you buy it.

They really needed the reverse cover first to get someone's attention.

I agree with everything but the graphics part, I think it looks nice

>wub-wub
>QTE's

I don't care about the rest of your post but I fucking hate people like you.

The marketing for this game was fucking terrible.

>Hey guys, let's NOT show off PC footage of our upcoming game and instead make it look like a terribly slow fatality simulator.
>Also let's show multiplayer footage, because that's what people REALLY care about in Doom

The cover was just the cherry on top of the shit cake. The should have made the reverse sleeve the default cover, or have the Revenant cover be the normal one.

spot on

>People think doomslayer is doomguy
>people think doom64 is a squeal to doom 2
>tfw doom64 is a prequel to D44M
>tfw i have no face

I continue to see people bash the multiplayer and I have a feeling they haven't given it a go since launch week.
Been having a blast with Deathmatch mode.
It's straight up UT with glory kills.
My only complaint is that player progression is kinda pointless, and you only unlock superficial things like armor and colours for weapons.
Honestly though, people saying it's at all similar to CoD have no idea what they're talking about.
Have not had this much fun mowing down noobs in a while.

disagree on 1. (graphics is superb and runs like dream with 8x txaa, never seen that kind of optimization in any game), 2. (ost is really good)

Oh look, electro loving kid who played on consoles his entire life hates people.

I bought the game yesterday, played a couple hours and then refunded it because I realized I could get it cheaper somewhere else. While the game itself is fun, I wouldn't pay more than $20.00 for it for a few reasons. First of all, the game itself is incredibly sensitive on how it runs. I needed to spend a good portion of my two hour play time configuring the options to get it running at a solid 60fps, and even then I had weird glitches here and there (loading screen flickering, glory kill animations not completing properly, micro-stutter at times). Not only that, while my friend can only hit 60fps using the Vulkan graphics driver, I can only hit 60fps using the OpenGL 4.5 driver. This is Bethesda we're talking about though so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

Second, the gameplay itself is very straightforward. This can be both a good and bad thing. Run around, shoot everything, chainsaw something when you need ammo and glory kill something when you need health. That's it. That's the entire game. Since multiplayer is a complete bust, you're basically done with the game after beating single player. There is something addictive about the gameplay, but the asking price of $80.00 CAD or even $40.00 CAD is just way too much when you can download Brutal Doom for free and have just as much fun.

Optimization =\= graphics.

It runs incredible, but oily low res textures and objects where you can see polygons are not an example of good graphics. Witcher 3 which is an openworld game has 2 times better graphics than a corridor shooter.

>djent
>good
Pick one, fag.

I'm not even a fan of electronic dipshit. You're the type of person who call all electronic music with heavy bass "dubstep" because of muh wubs. You're the type of person who calls all takedown animations "QTE's" because of muh control.

Let me guess. You think TLOU is a walking simulator and that CoD is shit because it's popular right?

>oily low res textures and objects where you can see polygons are not an example of good graphics

bullshit, doom has really good textures

> Witcher 3 which is an openworld game has 2 times better graphics than a corridor shooter.

top kek buy new glasses old man w3 looks like outdated 2009 shit, especially grass, city/ground/rock/tree and sand textures

While I'll agree that Witcher does look better, Doom has a decidedly more cartoonish look and feel. Graphics are worse from a technical standpoint, but art design wise it's brilliant.
Things are big and chunky, colors are saturated and vibrant, and NPC silhouettes exaggerated and easily identifiable. Say what you will about low poly counts, but this game is going to age rather well.

>youtube screenshot of xbone version

Why would i give a damn about nonsensical genres which disappear every two years? Dubstep or not, who cares, that trendy shit won't exist in a decade. All i know is that it sounds exactly the same. Like a distorted bass created by pressing one button on a keyboard over and over.

Anything that requires you to press a button in a specific time frame and followed up by a cutscene is Quick Time Event.

And yeah, TLOU is a walking simulator, with covers, and CoD is shit because it's nothing but rehashed garbage for 9 years straight.

I really, really like the color palette.

>rebooted the series into what everyone

hahahah holy shit this guy is fucking retarded

What a pedestrian understanding of electronic music. Also, the QTE=BAD meme needs to end.
If you're going to parrot Cred Forums's opinions, at least know what you're talking about, otherwise you look like a hipster asshat.

Dubstep is the only genre that died. Electronic music has literally existed for decades.

>Like a distorted bass created by pressing one button on a keyboard over and over.
I can say literally the same thing about literally any instrument. Piano, guitar, drums, etc. this argument is stupid.

>Anything that requires you to press a button in a specific time frame and followed up by a cutscene is Quick Time Event.
>followed up by a cutscene
>cutscene
You don't know what a cutscene is.

>And yeah, TLOU is a walking simulator, with covers, and CoD is shit because it's nothing but rehashed garbage for 9 years straight.
Well shit, you really are that type of person. Nevermind, you're retarded, hope you have a nice life. pic related.

The entire fucking video game industry.
That's as good as you would ever get from a modern doom.

And you know what? It was alright, 6.5/10

Arbitrary progression mechanics that fuck up the difficulty curve and ultimately add nothing to the game besides ruining the pacing by making you fiddle around with menus

The majority of enemy encounters take place in locked arenas and most of them follow the same formula, very little roaming enemies or any kind of monster closet style ambushes

Lackluster sound effects in some areas, e.g. some of the weapons don't sound all that great and death cries of most enemy types are inaudible

Soundtrack wasn't trash metal + spooky dark ambience i.e. a Doom soundtrack

No mod support

You're pretty much a walking meme dude. I'm not even sure you're capable of talking without spilling a buzzword out of your ass every seven words. You should probably get that checked by a doctor.

Finally, a straight forward answer from someone who actually played the game and isn't blinded by nostalgia.

While I certainly enjoyed the experience, all these points are valid.

Lack of actual mod support is the biggest problem. Snapmap simply isn't powerful enough to make anything meaningful that doesn't just feel like a copy/paste job of the main campaign, and whenever people actually get creative it ends up feeling silly.
Also it's impossible to find quality content, and tags are a crapshoot.

>multiplayer (in any game) is for lonely fags
projecting, aren't we?
This so much.

No mod support killed it.

Everyone's already forgotten about it because of this. It isn't a doom game without mods.

Space "spartans" if you will.

>>youtube screenshot of xbone version

hahahaaha, witcherfags on suicide watch

>implying doomguy ever needed "brahs" to do shit
>implying d44mdude is doomguy
Get fukt

The game requires way too much work to get running well. Fucking Bethesda can't optimize a game to save their lives.

It's really funny how kids nowdays on this board scream at you if you don't like their shitty nu-doom with bullet sponge enemies, braindead level design with empty halls or 1 arena locked room, retarded cawadoody upgrading system, a total max of like 4 enemies around you, weapons and combat with less impact than doom mods really there are so many things about the game that are shit i can't be arsed to keep going. They basically put all their effort into graphics and art style artists who kept drawing demons that look NOTHING like they used to, it's like they came out of diablo 3.

Piece of trash game loved by piece of shit nu-males that have never played doom or quake.

I wish they just had pickups like backpacks and shit in each map and not an upgrade system

Doom 3 was great you mouthbreather.

BD is garbage and thousands of times worse than this. Off yourself.

What are the chances of this game hitting $20.00 or less in the next month or so?

I grew up with Quake and Doom.
I like d44m.
Fight me.

It's not as bad as you make it out to be but people really get too defensive over this game, I've seen people get more shit for shitting on this game than classic Doom.

>mfw i realize why this guy didnt prove it when i tried to prove it myself and cant find a single google image with more then 4 enemies in it besides a map maker shot

Why do people keep saying Brutal Doom sucks? It's literally just Doom with more gore and better animations. Maybe if you're modding the complete shit out of it then yeah, but just have BD with a music patch and you're all set.

>bullet sponge enemies, braindead level design with empty halls or 1 arena locked room
No
>retarded cawadoody upgrading system
Only valid point

Quack and Hexen will always be king.

>Doom with more gore

No, it's a shittier Doom with swearing and gore. Just use Smooth Doom + Ketchup and you're set.

What are you trying to prove? That Witcher 3 was downgraded? Everyone knows that, thanks consoles. Yet Doom looks even worse than that. That's how atrocious it is, not to mention that it was released a year later.

This. Even regular GZDoom is more fun than this "modernized" piece of shit.

Actually it was forgettable. It was good but didn't have this something that MGR:R's ost had or even the one DmC did.

Say what you want but I fucking loved how they made Doomguy literally the worst fear of demons and how he was so fucking powerful and frightening to them that they had to seal him away.

>It's literally just Doom with more gore and better animations.

No, that would be Smooth Doom

mgr and dmc had a sound track?

Literally what?

>Install
>Start game
>Play

Yeah. Ones that legitimately stand on their own.

Its so sad that games could be like explorable works of art but have to be shit on so they can run on consoles. These babby computers are the worst thing to happen to console gaming and for sure pc gaming. We could be playing whats on top it was a working game. Thats where pc technology is right now and where gaming should be.

I used to agree with this but as I played it more they kinda ruined the perfect balance of the demons by making them harder. And the kill animations are bad but you dont have to use them I guess.

>BD is garbage

Kek, I love much butthurt such a fun mod causes.

First episode of Doom > First third of Doom 2 > DOOM > Rest of Doom > Rest of Doom 2

How is it shittier though? First of all the swearing is completely optional (there's a taunt button that you can choose never to press) and yeah there's more gore. It's a nice middle ground between original Doom, which some people might find a bit too plain nowadays, and something "modern" like DOOM or Shadow Warrior. The way I see it, with BD I get the best of both worlds. Great level layouts and music, classic graphics and satisfying brutality.

valid point about babbies but I really thought the enemy mob variety and the tactics you have to develop to finish an arena was very well done.

No.

i forgot it. as in, it was forgettable

>Smooth Doom
so fucking good
>mfw playing with smooth doom and the 3DO music mod

How would you rank them?

I mean in terms of graphics and getting it to run at a solid 60fps on a capable system. As soon as I hit the second mission I was getting tons of micro-stutter and it took 20 minutes of messing with the graphics settings to get it running well again, and even it's a toss up every time I start the game whether or not it's going to co-operate.

I love it for the added difficulty, enemy attacks and animations, added melee attacks, etc.

The new game mechanics are pretty fun at times.

The people crying about gore and "OMG YOU CAN SWEAR!" probably just saw that in a youtube video and got so triggered they stopped watching.

I got into Doom through BD but dropped it after discovering GZDoom. The sound design is terrible, the weapons are terrible, the friendly AI is broken and the list goes on.

I enjoy the demon rune a lot though.

did you make your own pc and pick meme parts?

It lacked the satanic, gruesome atmosphere. Some demons looked goofy af.

I had some issues with it but I found out that they were problems with my PC itself (Windows 10 bloat) that were effecting everything.

>It lacked the satanic, gruesome atmosphere. Some demons looked goofy af.

That's Doom 1/2 though. Doom 64/Doom 4 were the only ones with any satanic themes (Outside of IoS in 2)

I did build my own PC but no I was actually very careful with it. The only thing lacking on my computer is the graphics card (Radeon R9 270x) but on medium settings it should be more than capable of running the game at 60fps, especially at 1360x768 resolution. Heck, I can play most other games on high with no problems.

Dude what? I've been running it on Vulkan and it's been doing a solid 70fps with some dips to 50fps at worst. Other than that I noticed a performance drop only because windows decided to run some updater or some shit in the background without telling me.

>everyone thinks like a 20 years old because that's the age group of everyone around me
>guys wtf why didnt bernie win
Is there anything more retardedly self defeating than teenage egocentrism?

hmm somethings wrong then. Doom runs really well especially at that resolution I was playing doom with a HD7850 for a bit and at that exact resolution and it was smooth.

no, that is where computers in half a decade will be at an affordable price

Try setting it to Vulkan, updating drivers, turning AA to SMAA and putting -USEALLCORES in Steam launch options.

>Doom 64/Doom 4 were the only ones with any satanic themes (Outside of IoS in 2)
they misused pagan symbols like the pentagram but it was very intentionally satanic. pentagrams, altars, suffering bodies hanging from the ceilings or mounted to the walls, it was supposed to be hell and that was the lore, the whole theme is satanic

Like I said it's smooth now, but I can still notice issues every now and then. Texture pop-in is horrible, I had some issues with the loading screen flickering a couple of times, pretty sure I had a couple of bugged glory kill animations. I also can't use the Vulkan graphics driver that everyone's raving about because it makes my game run like crap even on the lowest settings, but that could easily be AMD's fault. It just feels like a lot of work getting it to run like it should when every other game I play runs fine out of the box.

No solution for you, but I had a similar experience. Before I got my new PC I tried running the demo on an AMD 270 and an old i7 and it ran like absolute shit.

Think I was at 1600 x 900 with resolution scaling enabled (which was kicking in all the time, blurry as shit) and most things on low and it was still chugging.

you do know that was a working game on the top right? That means it was working with the available tech we have now for pc.

I wish Doom 4 had something like youtube.com/watch?v=VghIvkUd_nY and not just all djent

>Anything other than the Doom Metal Mod Vol 4

>the look of despair in the demons' face when you smash their heads in with their own limbs
By FAR the best part of DOOM, especially when you stick the BFG right down Spider Mastermind's throat and blast it open from the inside.

no it was working on what they had at cdr. as in top of the line tech, thousands of fucking dollars, probably even sli development, that wouldn't have run on 99.99 percent of anyones pcs with antialiasing at more than 10 fps without lowering your settings to the bottom screenshot. and even that, on the bottom, chugs on high end hardware

Nothing. The game is simply good. Pure, unfiltered fun. Metal Gear Rising converted into a FPS with a great OST to boot.

I'm not shilling I only played it when the Italians cracked it. I'll maybe buy it these days since it allegedly sold like crap and I want a sequel/expansion.

Didn't know about the -useallcores trick, I'll keep that in mind next time I launch the game.

Yeah. I got it for 40 and I don't regret it.

It might not be the exact command. Search up "Doom 2016 stuttering" and you might find it. I found it on reddit

and also there is no framerate present for good reason. its called a bullshot, i bet that didn't run well at all even for them

>Doom never had a story

Shareware pleb spotted

12 monsters on screen.
BRB firing up Alien Vendetta.

I remember seeing some press release for Doom and I legitimately thought it was Halo and couldn't tell if the person who posted it was making a joke until I reverse image searched the screenshots

Pretty sure Doomguy's model is like 2 clicks away from the main menu.

Any chance this could backfire and damage my CPU? Is it safe to have a game pushing all cores for extended periods of time?

>Radeon
Found the problem!

If you're new to fixes I can understand the concern, but patching and .exe to use more than 1/2 cores is basic shit and this is a simple command to enable it in-engine, which is even simpler.

>1024x724

Say what you will about Radeon but it's been great to me. It properly scales lower resolution games in full screen, which my previous NVIDIA card wasn't able to do even after turning the control panel inside out, and it usually runs everything I throw at it perfectly (with the exception of DOOM).

>Doom never had a story
I'm disappointed I had to read this far to invalidate everything you just said

what you dont seem to realize is they have to develop games that will run on a toaster.

Hey I know this is off topic but what are the chances of Windows 7 users getting those Win10 exclusive games like Killer Instinct?

It's a good thing you're not a marketer or you would be out of a job

Doom 1 had sacrificed bodies on altars, pentagrams everywhere, scrolling faces in pain etc

>that feel when this song is improved if you listen to it at 1.5x speed

youtube.com/watch?v=j05hzwQf8pA

The OST IMO

Itt's pretty gud, but I think of DOOM and hard fast rock tracks come to mind, not this sort of trashy, slow borderline wubstep.

Like I said, the ost is good, but not what I expected, as in "I was a bit let down by it".

Windows 10 was free you fucking retard

Holy shit.

genius. why would they make it so slow?

doomguy is doomslayer you fucking faggot

Don't be mean user. Not everyone wants to drink Microsoft's kool-aid.

Holy shit, good call user. It really does sound a lot better.

64 is after 2

3 is the only non canon one

Nightmare and Ultra Nightmare are both greyed out, but you can actually select them right from the start. Lots of people just assumed that you couldn't play them and did their first run on Ultraviolence.

Never touched multiplayer, can you unlock that armor?

Absolutely false. Doom 3 was shit and you're shit for liking it.

SP wise, I think it was a little over-reliant on the arena sections, and would have benefited from a little more deliberate enemy placement in the in-between sections.

That might have required some slightly more sophisticated AI with the verticality of a true 3D environment and the nippier enemies/projectiles and less cavernous interiors, but apparently they didn't have finished bot AI implemented at launch which is why you can't pad out MP matches. Allegedly that's in development, and they do have a pretty good bot AI guy, but we'll see if it actually gets released. At the very least I'd like to see that side of things rectified in any followups.

I like what Snapmap tries to do, and it's cool that it's available, but the fact that there aren't proper mod tools is a fucking disgrace. MP got better after id took direct control, but it was needlessly hurt by the early fuckups.

glory kills

holy shit this, i actually thought it was halo and people were joking as well

Very repetitive enemies and gameplay, level design was outdated and I got lost way too easily, they should have designed it to be easier to know where to go. Ammo ran out too easily and you had to punch too many enemies. It got boring halfway through, I didn't bother finishing it.

This game proved to me that single player shooting games are a dead genre, atleast until a new FEAR or Half-Life comes out, I won't bother with pew-pew games unless they have good RPG elements.

You can generally tell since the stagger animations are fairly identifiable. The usage in boss fights was kind of iffy though, since it interferes with people wanting to disable prompts that aren't supposed to be actually part of the gameworld. It's a shame, since the bossfights were great fun on the whole.

The forced glow across armor, health and ammo was unforgivable though. The health stuff even has perfectly decent in-game lights as part of its design, the shimmer on top of that was just insulting.

>he doesnt know you can chainsaw a stagered enemie for a bunch of ammo.

holy shit how many people do you think didnt figure this out and played the game twice for literally no reason

I didn't know this, but to be fair I can't imagine how fucking tough Nightmare and Ultra Nightmare are. Enemies already kill you in two or three hits on Ultra Violence. I got my shit kicked in pretty early.

Retconned old-doom armor. The dead marines in Knee Deep in the Dead.

The multiplayer was starting to get better after they began tweaking it. I dropped out when cheating got really rife; I assume id managed to get that dealt with now?

devs started to pander to numale cucks.

I hate how the forward movement is faster than strafing, the lack of on-map weapons that don't one-shot is dumb, and the Demon Rune is downright bad design. Other than that, I guess it's alright. This is coming from someone that really likes Halo.

>My only complaint is that player progression is kinda pointless, and you only unlock superficial things like armor and colours for weapons.
That's the best part.

>you didn't have fun
Jesus fucking Christ

Im talking about him being in a gameplay environment with the photo mode.

I had no fucking clue, what an unbelievably stupid decision. Now im mad at myself and the devs, but at the same time it was worth playing it easier at first. If I had started on Nightmare I woulda just gotten pissed off.

There's green lights everywhere you need to go and I doubt you disabled the compass that blatantly tells you, fucking idiot.

>I had no fucking clue, what an unbelievably stupid decision.
Uhh
>Now im mad at myself and the devs, but at the same time it was worth playing it easier at first. If I had started on Nightmare I woulda just gotten pissed off.
That's exactly why they did it. To hide it from idiots who would inevitably jump right in at the hardest setting then get stroppy with it, while still allowing the competent to find it.

You meme loving fuck.