youtube.com/watch?v=f70LCERf20o
youtube.com/watch?v=7gP4ZqUuww0
youtube.com/watch?v=JH1BhKN9gEc
imgur.com/a/JUvHn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh, you.

One Way Heroics

Hotline miami

I'd play it a bit more if it wasn't for absolute RNG garbage gameplay.

It actually is god-tier, though, pun aside.

But it's trial&error shit.

Wish it got a sequel.

The best.

They added special easier difficulties without any randomness for babbies like you.

>instead of arguing or making a case for the game, I'll just post some kindergarten insult
Shit gameplay, deal with it.

Yes, but the way it was meant to be played is fucking trash. Just watch a longplay of it and it's just as entertaining, if not more.

what game?

I'm not joking. They actually did add difficulties that have no randomness because of the astonishing number of casuals that cried about it.

I have like 300 hours logged

I lost it russian roulette 10 times in a row because I have no skills to roll the virtual dice. I guess luck is a skill, huh?

Awww, was it too hard for you?

>Just watch a longplay of it and it's just as entertaining, if not more.
If you're a casual that can't handle challenges, maybe.

>pure RNG = challenge
Yep, I'm sure.

Gods Will Be Pixelshitting

Terraria is obligatory

What game?

Gods Will Be Watching, the game that caused casuals to cry for all eternity

Adepting to random variables is skill

here we go boys, get ready for the shitstorm

yes yes YES

>Awww, was it too hard for you?
Luck is not a skill, you moron. It's not too hard, it's too badly designed and its fanboys are too retarded to notice, as evidenced time and time again in thread like this.

It was a genuinely good game, but god-tier I'm not so certain.

Except for the times when random variables are in complete control. Like in interrogation scene.
The characters, soundtrack, story, etc. were fucking great. Don't even try to defend graphics and gameplay, though faggot.

>Kick-off
>Call heads
>Coin flips tails
>WAAAAAH I DON'T HAVE THE BEST POSSIBLE RESULT AND EVERYTHING WORKING TO MY ADVANTAGE, THIS GAME IS 100% BASED ON LUCK, PLEASE ADD A MODE WHERE I CAN'T LOSE THE COIN-FLIP

t. (You)

When the game consists only of coin flips, it's shit.

I'm just gonna shill all of Remar's freeware that I have personally played.

>Hero Core (The most perfect game ever created by man, worth playing thrice, once on each difficulty)
youtube.com/watch?v=Cu_xdCHdSqg

>Iji (2D Deus Ex with insane replay value, secrets, sequence breaking, different endings, more secrets...)
youtube.com/watch?v=33mxD4FjD3w

>Hyper Princess Pitch (Christmas game, somewhat immature sense of humour but still worth a playthrough or two.)
youtube.com/watch?v=QRJYFbJDkqs

>Princess Remedy in a World of Hurt (just a wonderful little diversion for a few short hours)
youtube.com/watch?v=SIVwxDbOoYQ

Kentucky Route zero

It doesn't, though. You can use skilled management of your resources to win through most scenarios

>most
There we go.

>nobody has posted risk of rain yet
shame on you, Cred Forums.

>All these meme games
I am disappointed Cred Forums. This is why we lose Amplitude

It was enjoyable but after 100 hours it just didn't have the depth.

shit game

>bit trip complete on september PSN+ free games
>excited to play Beat with a PS4 controller and not a mouse or wiimote
>still have to use 6-axis movement

people complain too much about the RNG in this one. the only really bullshit RNG is the russian roulette in chapter 2, the rest of the game you can do very consistently as long as you have a good understanding of how each chapter should be approached.

How do even play BEAT or FLUX with the PS4 controller?

Rimworld with Hardcore.sk modpack is my new crack. It's the best attempt at a visual and easy to control Dwarf Fortress yet.

GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA

Age of decadence
Underrail
Good call

g_t g_d

Dominions 4.

GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA!

GOTY so far

Apparently you were playing Nethack, and only thought you were playing GWBW.

There's a difference between having enough options to survive to the end even when the RNG decides to completely fuck you over, and dying with no chance to save yourself if you fail to call a coin flip.

such a good game
I think this is probably the only game that executed dystopian horror brilliantly
sucks about We Happy Few and the state it's in atm

Look at this stupid fucker and agree

Lisa the painful

Man this game rules. Just wish I didn't have like 200 tabs full of collectibles to sort through next time I play.

> returns to playing DaS3 while trying to ignore the growing pile of remove-only stash tabs

Take it easy Kirk, there's nothing wrong with not being able to win every game. And if you play perfectly on hard, most is something like 80+% of games, on normal it's practically 100%.

Quite good, too slow a start.

never got what made this trash good. I found it incredibly boring.

Also, why does Cred Forums hate BoI: Rebirth?

What the hell ever happened with that "Afterbirth" thing, anyway? They must have shelved it or something. I'm sure it would have been great if it ever came out, I mean, how could it not be? They'd have to actively be trying to fuck it up.

Darkest dungeon is good if you go in with the mindset that it's a survival game rather then something meant to always be beaten

Rebirth is fine, great actually. In every way it's a huge step forward from the old flash BoI. Afterbirth is absolute garbage though.

durr but user it has a luck based russian roulette segment just like that other game everyone is talking about in this thread, ergo it's SHIT

That's a mindset I can unfortunately never adopt, I always take losses personal. And when/if I do win, I feel like it's because the game let me and I'm no better.

THE GAME IS A FOOT
DARKNESS

GOAT

That game is just fucking terrible.

how do I get into Terraria? what mindset do I need?

I thought this was going to be a mobile-tier casual game at first but it was so good.

Go back to the start before the stupid revival patch or whatever. Just added so much bloat.

don't lisen to this idiot

Can i ask what is good about this game? For what i've seen seems to have a lot of "feelsbait" where shit just happens to the character just to make you feel bad

The combat is even simpler than Undertale's aswell in my opinion

I just hate when they throw shit at you over and over on the story, it seems a really cheap way to create drama

Humor I suppose.

Kero Blaster
Limbo
Lone Survivor
VVVVVV

If you're playing solo, you're gonna need to take a deep breath and enter slow burn mode. The beginning is pretty slow for a first time player. Second or third time players know various shortcuts and secrets but it's probably best to go the original path to get the most complete experience your first time.

If you're playing solo your first time, go for a medium world on normal difficulty.

Don't just build a hut and wait for night to start stabbing zombies. Feel free to explore to the sides for caves and chests and go over hills to find shit. If you're lucky you might find a boomerang or spear in a chest to trivialize the early game.

Anything with "material" in its tooltip can be shown to the Guide NPC, who will tell you what you can make with it, and what station you need to stand near to do so.

The bare necessity NPC houses consist of a door, a chair, a table, a torch, 5x7 blocks of space, and backwall. You'll be making quite a few of these.

When night time hits, dig down. Make platforms or place ropes so you can climb back up if you need to.

Tapping CTRL will enable Smart Cursor, which will auto-select blocks to gather up when you have the pickaxe or hammer selected, meaning you don't have to aim for each individual one.

Holding SHIFT will auto-select the right tool for the job. If held over a block, pickaxe. If held over a tree, axe. If held in open air near your character, torch. If held far away, glowstick/flare if you have them.

The game expands in a lot of different ways as you progress. You start off slow as shit, then you get boots that let you run super fast, a bottle that lets you double jump, a grappling hook bound to a hotkey that can pull you around, and so on. This is when the game really gets fun.

Copper/Tin, Iron/Lead, Silver/Tungsten, and Gold/Platinum, these ores do not represent the entirety of the game. It may seem similar to Minecraft at first, but once you pass them, progression varies a lot. Evil biome follows ore tier.

How the fuck has this not been mentioned already?

oh shit thanks for the detailed info

I've actually been looking for someone to duo Terraria with, if you think playing it with someone else might make it more enjoyable. I'm basically a walking encyclopædia if you have questions.

A million times yes

FUCK THIS PIECE OF SHIT

Hero Core and Princess Remedy are really fun.

La mulana
Yume Nikki
Shovel Knight
A Metroid 2 Remake
Bastard Bonds

its now popular to piss on cave story
or say "nicalis shit pixel out of it!!"

I still have no clue what this game is about

Ma nigga, that game does not get enough attention. Superb art design, a very carefully crafted tone, good OST. I think his animating skills get better through each act too.

I might join you guys, where are you from? I'm new too

It's sort of a co-operative/team-antagonizing psuedo-roleplay game. Someone's fucking shit up and it's everyone else's job to track down who's doing it. There's a billion different ways to interact with the space station, which allows for some pretty interesting stories.

It's a given. Same with Shovel Knight.

The most boring fucking game with the worst UI. I have seriously tried to make it 50 times and got to a competent point (guns, vehicle, not dying of diseases) like one time. It feels like it takes forever just to do basic shit like craft and scavenge.

That was a really shit "game." Couldn't finish because of how boring it was.
>that was the point!
Then it's a shit game.

Have you tried gitting gud?

Hardcorefags will play anything brutally difficult.

Ezic or GLORY TO ARTSTOTZSKA ending, Cred Forums?
obristan traitors need not apply.

Apparently not. The thing is I don't even want to anymore. The UI is seriously annoying and you click through like 5 menus just to loot a fucking house or craft something to put in your inventory.

I'm sorry that it just wasn't for you, user. Hope you got a refund, and that you'll buy things you like in the future.

>Then it's a shit game.
Not really. Not every game has to have action in it, and not every game player needs a game to have action to enjoy it. If you don't enjoy slow burn games that focus more on how your actions affect the characters around you, then that's alright. But try not to act like the qualities you find endearing in games are the only qualities that result in good games.

I jest, user. I agree the UI was clunky, but I'm used to roguelikes, so it didn't feel too bad for me.

I just liked the game for what it is.

If isn't interested in a duo, then I'll gladly do it with you. Just be aware that it becomes difficult to keep interest if the partner doesn't have a somewhat open timetable or willingness to stick it out despite the rough spots.

Its not looking good.

Show me these men who piss on Cave Story. Show them to me that I may beat better taste into them.

but why is Afterbirth garbage doesnt it just add more content, is the added content that detrimental to the game

except nobody ever played it

So are jokes in your opinion

>humorbait

Make every second count~

who /wadjet/ here

Thats a pretty nifty cosplay.

It's just an edgy, \v\ approved Undertale. I can't believe faggots actually defend this shit game

So how the fuck do you reliably get kitted up? I usually end up getting completely fucked within 100-200 hexes from start.

Because this thread isn't about mediocre games.

Yes, It's not really fun anymore with it.

Actually Cave Story was ascended to Elder God tier after Undertale, because shitposters needed something to compare it to to bring it down.
Pixel is regarded as Jesus Christ himself, a humble savant too good for this world.

solid JRPG gameplay, amazing soundtrack, a good mixture of humour and dark parts.
but yeah it's the story really that people like. feelsbait or whatever you want to call it, it's refreshing to have a game that's bleak and depressing, it makes for a memorable experience.

>\v\

I love this game, wish there was a Vita version now that it's on 3ds and PS4

yes

Easy

Indeed.

As it should be.

It also rebalances a lot of shit. For instance, angel rooms very often have 6 coins, which is absolutely worthless. Stopwatch was nerfed for no real reason. One of keeper's unlocks actually makes the game worse by forcing you to waste bombs to pick up nickles. On top of that the new content is really shitty- they kept nerfing everything in it over and over again because Edmund was mad that people were beating his game faster than he expected, so he kept making it shittier and less fun so people would beat it slower and really "savour their steak".

I just wish it wasn't so short. I'd play the fuck out of any DLC they add. The music was top tier too.

>amazing soundtrack

does the game have content now?

>\v\

is this a new meme?

LISA literally has the best OST of any game since we love katamari

Another candidate

DF
DCSS
Borogue
Volgarr the Viking
magicite
valhalla
banished
axiom verge
recettear

Saw it coming
Agreed

Or as I like to call it, the Main Menu Music Simulator

now this is shitposting.

All of my friends are shitters who can't even get above bronze in this game

Its fucking garbage

For example, this is a track that often shows up in OST threads. It's literally just the same 2-second trumpet melody combined with "le sick epikk drop"
youtube.com/watch?v=qTKOah18x0g

It sounds like something somebody shit out in a few hours in Mario Paint Composer

i could never get past the beginning. I got so bored.

>\v\

I think a lot of us can agree on this. Ultra-god-tier with mods. Can't wait for Butterlord.

>nobody's replying

Aren't they adding a 60fps patch?

The game was surprisingly entertaining, but at the end of the day it's a job simulator, where you have to increase efficiency.
You know... Like my real everyday job. Not so much of a relaxation to work after work. So I dropped it.

This. I also wish the controls gave you more control. I felt like chain dashing was raping me every time i used it, except for around endgame where it was practically necessary to beat the final boss.

since when do rap beats count as soundtracks?

beat is not bad tho

best songs
youtube.com/watch?v=VUKQwoBNbSU
youtube.com/watch?v=bg6SCZjI48U
youtube.com/watch?v=DICXzT-PKEE

Any other game you need a partner in? I already played Terraria a lot, unfortunately.

Guess you're not not a fan of forklift simulator huh?

I can't wait for the sequel.

I was sure it would have been posted by now.

how about sengoku 3 on fightcade some time

Find bombs, go to corruption\crimson and mine (with bombs you found) those orbs to get good starting shit.

I hope you don't ever want to see Godhead, Sacred Heart, Holy Mantle or The Relic ever again, because this is all you're getting from here on out. Thanks for your ten bucks, dumb shit!

Fuck BYOND
won't ever touch SS13 until someone ports it to another engine

Not really. Terraria's one of the few games I'd enjoy replaying with a partner despite the fact that I have over literally 3K hours in it already.

why does nobody ever post this fucking track
youtube.com/watch?v=JXJwllEL7Sg

I have an outrageous number of hours in this game considering the scope of its content. It just feels so good to play, and the stealth elements were beautifully translated into a sidescrolling platformer. Hands down one of my favorite games ever.

isn't there a list or a compilation image best indies

What's wrong with BYOND, other than it's still reliant on Internet Explorer, and that it's still carrying a lot of old baggage from early 2000?

So I take it when I get Rebirth just never buy Afterbirth

All Zachtronics games

Is this as fun as it looks? May pirate to try it out and buy if it's good

youtube.com/watch?v=j6NMpIiY0vw

yes

I'll be damned if those guys haven't found their fucking niche. Their games aren't for everyone but for people with that particular brand of autism they're top tier.

No other stealth game is as fun as that one.

If you like Smash, you'll like RoA.
It's literally just Smash Bros where you play as Megaman bosses.

they already did

I did rather enjoy this.

Yes. Here's what you'll be missing:

>A new, interesting character that was nerfed immediately after release because fun is not allowed
>Another "The Lost", because one garbage joke character wasn't enough
>A whole bunch of "new enemies" that are just clumped together versions of old enemies that split apart when you kill them
>A first floor boss that does not in any sense belong on the first floor
>Two new bullet sponge end bosses that take 10 minutes to beat each, no matter your items, thanks to their "clever" damage scaling
>A metric shitload of nerfs
>10 terrible, insanely unfun challenges, including trying to protect a wandering uncontrollable AI who can arbitrarily decide to walk over spikes and kill himself

It gave nerfs and buffs, I don't think the game is any harder now.

That being said, bosses with damage caps like hush/mega greed is fucking cancer, I don't see the appeal
also tfw you will never break greed mode again because no fun allowed

Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers

what do people like about these? they're so bland, almost lifeless. they don't motivate you or even incite any feelings whatsoever, it's just "generic indie game pixel art ost".

it's not bad, but it's not good either, it's really just bland. despite it's flaws, Undertale has a pretty good soundtrack.

Distance
Redout
Invisible Inc.
The Swapper
Transistor

Is EYE an indie game?
PS. Check your legs.

Distracting Simulator 2012

shit, end of comment got cut:
>despite it's flaws, Undertale has a pretty good soundtrack...
... and even out of context most of it still sounds good and unique (barring the possible and obvious similarities with homestuck's music).

Austin Walker, why are you posting on Cred Forums?

I feel a bit bummed that I couldn't get into this game, even though it looks like the sort of thing I would've loved to play a few years ago. Definitely more fun than Enter the Gungeon, though.

Why would that present a bar to enjoying it? Homestuck's music was one of the best parts of the whole experience, and a lot of that came down to Toby's musical style.

Guess not.
Or euro truck simulator 2. I drive on the autobahn every now and then, for job or holidays, but can't comprehend why someone would like to simulate it in their freetime. Well, unless you want to prepare for your future job...

I like LISA's OST, it's creepy, whimsical and gross in a way that matches the theme of the game perfectly. The songs are definitely simple, but I think generic is one of the last words i'd use to describe them.

Just finished playing this one yesterday. Discovering that these indie CRPGs exist was a very happy occasion, played about four of them already.

Leg broken
what do i do
help

I somehow managed to pump 12 hours out of this game. Probably not indie though i don't really keep track of what's indie and what's not since i get 90% of my shit off steam.

>for no good reason

Nigga, Stopwatch was broken as fuck, there absolutely was a reason for the nerf. That being said, who the fuck ever thought it was a smart idea to put fucking damage caps on some bosses?

Iji is absolutely god-tier. I'll never understand why the guy refuses to put it on Steam to get some well-deserved money.

He already works for a game dev company. Remar's freeware games are products of passion, not a desire to make money.

Hotline Miami is definitely indie, friend. What do you think indie means, exactly? Hotline Miami sure as fuck doesn't have a budget of millions or a massive publisher shoving a giant ad campaign to back it.

Possibly the best indie game I've ever played, tied with the Hotline Miamis.

The Chain is the best fight in the entire game, even if he is just the tutorial boss. He introduces so much of the game perfectly, and does it better than almost any boss that follows him.
>perfect introduction to the mechanics
>perfect introduction to the banging soundtrack with motherfucking Danger 6.24
>perfect introduction to the misdirect of the rider's nature, making you think you've been unfairly imprisoned and tortured

I'd pay Remar for an Iji port with widescreen implementation and this track shoehorned in somewhere.

youtube.com/watch?v=4VtK9JfUzNQ

>Probably not indie though

What the fuck indicated that for you?

This counts, right?

The first part of the boss is actually pretty easy. Just spam pistol while standing in one place. Blink when he is using aoe. Rinse and repeat.

This dude gave me feels.

That's pretty fucking good.

I'd also pay for a version with a small touch-up and maybe some cheevos to add replay value, I like collecting that shit.

I fucking love this game.

None of my friends even play it, I'm trying to get them to pick it up on the humble bundle for a dollar.

Was alright. Best thing about it was the OST, which I don't know if it's a compliment or not.

Steamworld Heist AND Steamworld Dig

>liberal propaganda
>bad writing and a bit pretentious
I still liked it though.
Name one good thing about it, outside of the music.
>fap bait

Oh fuck, the company Remar works for, Ludosity, published a sequel to Princess Remdy on Steam.

youtube.com/watch?v=ol5SuTlI9dg

It's like 3 and a half buckaroos.

>liberal propaganda

How was PP pushing any political message?

It's a game that needed so much more. The story and OST were amazing for what the dev had (fucking RPG Maker, wow). Always hope for a day that game may be remastered of some sort.

just wish it had more content/bosses

>has nothing to do with Barkley
>has nothing to do with b-ball
>has nothing to do with chaos dunks

Wish I could be as excited as you

dis

That of a 12 year old boy.

>The first part of the boss is actually pretty easy
The first part of the boss isn't the problem, also I'm playing on Furier

I'm not sure myself, I would consider The Void or Knock-knock more of the indie niche. Nonetheless, great taste, user!

this game would be amazing if i had even a half decent player on my friends list who liked playing for more than an hour at a time

also that ranking system is broken as shit. i mean whats the point of having a winstreak feature to "get you to your actual rank faster" when it entirely fucks up the system that it is supposed to be an extension of? a fucking goldfish could have more foresight than that, months down the line though and they haven't mentioned anything about it, even after at least 1 or 2 people from the top of the leaderboard made posts in the shitreddit saying how bad it is.

these devs are so lax to the point where they dont actually give a shit about the serious side of developing a competetive game. the reddit is the only place they look for any feedback, and even when they kept bawling their eyes out about wasteland they may aswell have flat out ignored them. map was terribly broken and asymmetrical, but they somehow got it in their heads that the fans were being whiny and that they were meant to just shut up and accept it. they posted a screenshot of their irc chat onto the subreddit when fans were complaining about goalposts obstructing view, some fuck had the gall to say "i'll get around to fixing the goalposts when the competetive community learn to accept wasteland". then reddit go and upvote it and lick their asses just because the devs took some time out to make a post to their beloved penny pigs

the octane and batmobile have a weird landing bug, where they will bend to the side even when landing flat for some reason. been like that for months but they haven't said anything, probably would be way too much work for them. there was one time where south american servers were down for one or two weeks, despite constant forum spam they didn't do anything, it was only after it hit the front page on the subreddit that they actually did anything.

He's really fucking fun on Furier.

Oh okay. I didn't find any gimmicks on furrier on him. I guess you just gotta practice.

I also like to take it slow.

And another thing that really irks me is the nvidia flag. I remember seeing someone saying they wanted an AMD flag in game for their car, considering there was an nvidia flag too. More people said they loved the idea too, and asked why this hasn't become a thing yet. An AMD came out of nowhere and said that they had, indeed, tried to contact them several times in regards to getting their flag in the game.

What rank are you and region?

I actually felt bad for pirating the game so I bought it.

>10/10 rating on steam, over 2k postive reviews
is this some hidden gem or how come i haven't heard about it

"Here's looking at you, kid"

Challenger elite, eu

I was getting close to the top of blue ranks last season, but now I win a few games in a row and get smashed by rising/shooting stars.

She's both adorable and ear piercing annoying at the same time

You'll probably have to climb out alone higher to get a decent partner lad, sorry.

>200 posts
>no one has mentioned Besiege

nah i think im good

This one disappointed me a bit. Got really bored with all the uneventful exploration and the atmosphere had soft of a weird, unpleasant feel overall.

Combat's hella tight, though.

(because it's not good)

It has cute girls and uses anime art-style, so I'd take those reviews with a grain of salt.

Yes. Hype for remake. Hopefully it gives them enough success to actually make something new, or even a The Void remake.

The "best" ending is the "fuck borders" ending and it makes no sense. Somehow allowing thousands of Kolechians, who are known terrorists, into the country ends up creating this budding utopia where everyone has to work hard together, but at least it's better than evil *COUNTY WITH BORDERS HERE*.

Iirc there are 3 good ends. The game isn't partial to any one of the three. Unless you think the number of the ending really matters (ending 18 v. 19 v. 20)
I've only played the escape to Obristan and passing the christmas inspection. So I don't know the specifics of the ending you're talking about. That being said, I'm not convinced the dev has an agenda or ideaology they're trying to push. Stories can have good happy endings that seem off or silly or whatever. That's just part of fiction.

rip
Cred Forums server when?

I'd really like to read an analysis on Toby's style, but no one really bothers to dig into it.
Sucks, tons of really good indie composers won't get such a degree of recognition and retrospection.

What happened to this?

So much potential, want more

>your family gets out of one fucked up country and into another
>your country is taken over in a violent revolution by a terrorist group
>your country praises you for your hard work and comes to an agreement over a dispute with another country. also unlocks a bonus mode

none of the endings feel like they're supposed to be good, but one seems a bit better than the others, and it's not the one you mentioned.

>your country is taken over in a violent revolution by a terrorist group
From which you get a swanky ass apartment, which is the best end situation for your family by far. Now go get raped by Muslims, you cuck.

They have a dedicated publisher, which makes it literally dependant. But just like in music, independent became some sort of genre or synonymous for small development team with small budget.

Another example would be bastion, that started independently, but got bough and published by warner bros.

what exactly does Devolver do, anyway. i can't figure out why so many indie devs would need to turn to them when they could just self-publish on steam

>what exactly does Devolver do, anyway
Marketing, merch, probably a bit of financing.

Would play again!

I'm playing Gekokujo with a female character. Biggu mistake desu, had a tough time gathering a good siege party. Can't even revolt against Shimazu.

This, but outside of that, the game itself is decent. Not deserving a 10 out of fucking 10, though.

Best part of the game is honestly the boss fights.

In this exact example, I really don't know.
Basically a publisher in general (not only vidya) offers you some money upfront /higher budget, distribution networks and connections, take away some management and officework, so you have more time to focus on developing, give professional guide, because they are experienced. Bla bla.
As for vidya, indie devs get some part of advertising and professional guide from Gog, if they choose them. Steam I don't know. But if you want to financially succeed, you'll need to sell on several distribution networks, and maybe port to different Plattforms. Developing for consoles means money upfront for rights, devkits, software etc. And royalties.
Publishers can contact those guys at Sony faster, maybe have some existing contracts for dev.equipment that makes it cheaper etc.

Also playtester.

Funny thing, ever watched the credits of the games flow or flower? A shitton of people had been involved before anyone could buy and play that shit. And only one fourth or third were developers.

I'd like to play, even though my time is somewhat limited. steam id?

I still can't tell what the fuck is going on, but I like it.

was about to post this, masterpiece

Ardhanarishvara.
The one with the shades.

It was a cutsy platformer version of Doom: Repercussions of Evil.

>indie games
>god tier

More like shit tier.

Amplitude
White Night
Galak Z
Furi

I had great fun with all these games.

Stop shitposting dutchman and start backpacking.

indie games btfo foreverially

Ctrl+f Shadowrun, come on Cred Forums you disappoint me

>pic not related

The art-style reminds me so much of Samurai Jack it's ridiculous.
I had the weirdest boner while playing through this game because of it.

the connection to homestuck was mostly in the "originality" part, not the enjoyment one, i also love many of homestuck's tracks, many that weren't even used.

Honest question. Outside of a guide, how the hell were you suppose to figure out how to get to Hell Temple? Most of the other puzzles had some clue here and there that eventually led to their solution.

loved it. perfect sense of edginess that worked well and was actually a bit challenging/puzzling. this was also made in two days, iirc

I unironically agree

In the original, it's doable, just very obtuse. In the remake, you are expected to consult with someone who reached it in the original. I like unwittingly being part of the puzzle like that.

>Name one good thing about it, outside of the music.
I know you asked for one, but here's three:
Novel combat system.
Good bosses.
Reasonably funny writing.

I was waiting to see if the other guy was available or not, though my time is limited so maybe you're right about keeping interest, we can't play much

Exanima, AKA Drunk combat sim. Really requires you to GET GUD QUIK or else you get shat on by everything with a metal pipe.
Atleast I think its indie, Im not sure.

Yare yare daze. I didn't think that I had to actually go about consulting someone who had to go through the original to get to Hell Temple.

The music still haunts me to this day. MAKE IT STOP! youtube.com/watch?v=CjKIaBZgkow

Replied to wrong post, meant for this

Forgot Pic

Love this game but did it ever get any extra content? Feels so damn repetitive even after 30-ish hours

>that fucking music

Great game, personally love that i can go back and get a completely different experience with different characters.
Don't understand why undertale fags feel the need to hate on this, its far better than that poorly written dogshit

>as opposed to that glorious undertale shit

Huh, this looks really cool.

I don't see many people praise the first game much, is the plot of Dragonfall related to it?

t. actual comintern, shoot on sight
i bet you cried when the berlin wall fell

Not at all. You can just get the Dragonfall Director's cut.

I wish I had been able to enjoy La Mulana, but after 3 tries I simply couldn't do it. It's so charming, but also so insanely obtuse.

???

>youtube.com/watch?v=8-NjBFe5JSg
>IT'S USELESS HUMAN

The only game that captured the Silent Hill vibe.I feel bad I pirated the game,especially when the dev released the director's cut for free.

>don't know if it's a compliment or not
It's a little column A, a little column B.

The gameplay is below average, but the music is above average.

Can't remember which version is which anymore, but with a lot of shit added and changing old items, a lot of "builds" because useless, items no longer have the "oomph" they used to have, and a lot of items you get have been nerfed so badly they're actually harmful to pick up and often times best left untaken which is 100%, Grade A retarded in my book.

Plus that a lot of the really broken builds that allow some pretty crazy bullshit has been toned down a lot, and it really put a hamper on the amount of fun you could have.

This game is pretty fucking good.

locomalito.com/

This guy is a fucking god, deserves a temple for adoration. Hydora, Issyos and Maldita Castilla are great games, but Castilla is a personal favorite.

Other game that is dirty cheap and is a blast is Downwell. Pretty neat concept, fun as fuck.

>seeing symbolism in something that had none
Says more about your opinion of borders than anyone else's

It wasn't the first game to pull the fourth wall mind-games.

But I think it executed them much better than most.

I'm hoping they are creative enough to get around using real people's names but still let us know who they're talking about.

Also it occurs to me they could make a free "unofficial" mod that changes a bunch of names/portraits to the people they're referencing.

I liked Gemini Rue.

How many people unironically play indie games, or play them without the sole intention of learning about the game to shitpost effectively on Cred Forums?

I wish there were levels or something, I love the aesthetic but I'm not a fan of the endless thing.

It's annoying because most of the items added are actually quite fun(Maw of the Void,Tech X, Chaos).But they're completely overshadowed by shit decisions in every other department including the meme greed mode.

If the DLC was 4 dollars and only included the items it would've been top notch.Instead,you pay 11$ for co-op babies and trinkets.

I enjoyed it a lot, too. Which was surprising, considering that I played Momodora 3, thought it was a piece of crap, and got this sequel after all the good feedback it received while thinking I was being dumb.

Crazy improvement from the previous game in the series.

I'm almost tired of recommending this game in every single indie thread I see. Almost.

This one's quite cool

if hard is the right way
why bother with easy mode

I can't even imagine playing only triple A generic bullshit, actually. It makes me suffer to even think about it.

There are three difficulties, Promenade (easy), Furi (normal), and Furier (hard).

Promenade explicitly tells you that its a shitty way to play the game and you probably shouldn't bother.

Furi is the normal way to play the game and you get a regular thanks at the end.

Furier is unlocked after beating Furi and you get the special thanks at the end.

Most of the games I play now are indie stuff, playing AAA titles are the same sandbox one billion collectibles sidequest bullshit. I have yet to play one that doesn't bore me to tears, mostly because they have to make the actual gameplay piss easy so everyone can play it.

aha
thanks for the ifo user

this tbqhdesufanpai

>playing mass market design by committee shit that was created purely to make as much money as possible

youtube.com/watch?v=_6vqFgEASx8

Momodora 3 is decent, but the memory leak/fps drop over time is completely retarded and made me drop the game. Glad they could make a good one for a change and I would like a remake of previous games on the same engine and sprite work.

Nope.

FLT is really really fucking good, and i don't say that lightly

Damn right.

>that godly OST

it was stillborne after it turned out to be a shitty take on counterstrike

the unused OST was fucking great though

eh, it was ok

SUPER HOT

their viral thing was just awkward though. core game was fun

Are there any other games like Lisa with a large variety of party members to choose from that you actually have to go and find sometimes through shenanigans, and that actually gives recruitable members unique moves?

this is a god tier thread dumbass

If only the devs hadn't been shit.
The modding community were the true heroes of the game, desu.

Bunnyhopping was a mistake, honestly.
I wish it had taken more inspiration from, say, SWAT4 multiplayer than CS. I'd love to see the cloaks and visions being used to properly breach rooms and whatnot.

Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander is really fun. I don't care much for its appearance, but in concept and execution its a type of game I'd been wanting for a long time.

hoooopoooo said that he's not adding new content.
also, modding is impossible on a Game Maker game without releasing the code.

he said that he may be doing a remake on a decent platform with a shitton of new content.

All you do is mill your ships around resource pick up points and shuttling them back to base, and do your one combo in a typical JRPG battle format.
This game is mediocre and is nowhere near god-tier.

This game makes me sad.
My friends and I used to play the shit out of this on couch co-op.
It never really went anywhere.

>Get a weapon ASAP
>Avoid fights you don't need to be in
>Stay away from north area since it's full of dogmen
>Get a container and filter your water
>Use same container to make clean bandages
>Find hidden spot
>Get some gear
>Head to DNC
>Set up camp, gradually get money and buy things
Boom.

Hm, I clocked in around 108 hours before getting bored of it. Doing every challenge was fun and helped keep the experience fresh, multiplayer was also pretty damn good.

It's just kind of a shame that I got tired of it before it got upgraded with more classes.

Yeah, the devs sat on their asses for a few years, added a single new barely fleshed-out faction, then called it a day and released it.
The modding community deserved better. I'd have loved to see a detailed in-game unit customization mechanic where you can remove/add bits of armor.
None of the cool shit from the concept art ever really got added either.
>tfw no big mecha
>tfw no gun-priests
>tfw no ayy lmaos

I can't play this without falling asleep, the combat is so awful

Dominions is some good shit.

It's kind of depressing. It just could have been so much more.
I used to check the dev blog pretty frequently when it was still updated

RPGMaker shit hardly counts as God-tier
still liked it tho

Love this game. Just wish you had some way of saving your progress in endless mode. I wanna see how high I can get my score, but I do have to stop playing and attend to life matters after a while.

Hey, RPGMaker, for all the default-tileset trash that's on it, has definitely had some gems.
Yume Nikki is a classic for a reason.
Barkley was RPGMaker too originally, wasn't it?

This game gave me feels.

The music alone did it for me.
Seriously, listen to that beautiful game over theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=Bh4OzXGG3hg

Finished Princess Remedy and I loved it, currently playing the prequel and it's just as fun. Anymore games like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=gYtivcy5F0M

youtube.com/watch?v=m97NmBT8gkk

Kerbal Space Program

It could have been a lot better with non-Mexican devs but I still love it as is.

>actually pushing your channel in Cred Forums threads

you're cruising for a bruising pal

Space Funeral was pretty rad.
The only thing I can think of that came close aesthetically was Middens, in a way.

Why do you post your shit in every thread? Also, why did you unsubscribe to me on youtube? That shit hurts man

In healing mode it seems almost Binding of Isaac-ish or Enter the Gungeon-ish in terms of gameplay, but outside of Healing Mode I'm not sure.

Always been a fan of Departure
youtube.com/watch?v=JgLp2XMA7uY

still cant believe a bunch of kiwis in a tin shack rubbed two sheep together and shat this out

especially when the first servers for it weren't even anywhere near nz

of course they weren't, you need server to be connected to the internet

*servers

You didn't forget me, did you?

People say it's shit but god damn I love it.

don't even like the genre

The breathing in the background of all the guitar music always felt simultaneously comforting and unsettling to me.
youtube.com/watch?v=f70LCERf20o

>it seems almost Binding of Isaac-ish or Enter the Gungeon-ish
I already played those ;_; I'm not sure what about Remedy makes me like it so much but I've been searching for a while trying to find another game like it and have found nothing

aucklanders arent people in a tin shack rubbing two sheep together
it might aswell be a different country

Hmm...

There something about OP's game that bugs me.

Is LiEat any good?

Realm of the Mad God? Nuclear Throne?

they don't even get a shack, huh? harsh life

this one

i cant believe i took this long to play it, but im glad i did

haven't played either of those, but I've heard good things about Nuclear Throne. What I'm looking for though is something like an RPG mixed with a top-down bullet hell

I've heard plenty of praise for this game's story, but how is the gameplay?

kerbal space program

Kind of typical RPG turn based combat, really.

typical rpg maker, dial a combo
Pretty difficult at times

That's basically Realm of the Mad God, except mixed with permadeath. Each death furthers your overall progression, and achieving certain things with certain classes can unlock other classes, and so on. There's stats, and weapons, and special abilities, and it's basically free but there is a cash shop.

>another game i know i'd enjoy if i bothered playing it.

yeah, it's a typical turn based rpg
has its charm tho, you can recruit over 30 member in your party and they all have some funny, unique movesets

I just couldn't. I still can't.
Fuck the RNG.

Red Rogue
Remar freeware shit
FTL
Risk of Rain
We Shall Wake
E.Y.E.
Rogue Legacy
VVVVV
and Pantsu Harvest or whatever.

its gud

I never even made it to the final boss. Fuck this game. Fuck it with a rake.

If the whole thing hasn't been spoiled for you yet, play it while you still can, and for fuck's sake stay away from a guide.
It ruins the magic if you know what's coming next.

this game is godtier, try it with friends.

dungeon is better

I can still hear the sounds of my engine failing and my shield being demolished

FFVII

will I be able to play this without a controller?

They thanked Anita and Zoe in the credits. Trash.

>playing since a long time
>8/8 thief with top tier equipment
>soloing fuckhard events
>having my own dank guild with muh friends
>duping amulets and pots
simple times
new version is shit tho

It would be god tier if it wasn't capped at 30 fps

Been playing picture related lately. Its alright. The RNG feels a little bullshit and it definitely needs more customization options. But still, fairly enjoyable.

all of those are very good + stardew valley and banished, everything else is garbage and for plebs

thank you user, i've always wondered this

The entirety of the Touhou series.
Not even kidding.

I think so. It's your usual 2D exploring platform.

>bullet hell weeb shit
>good

listen, I can respect that alcoholic japanese man's charisma, and I can respect that Nue Houjuu is the best Touhou, but I cannot respect Touhou. It's weeaboo's Gradius. There needs to be badass ships exploding and shit.

you sound like a faggot

Yes that is exactly my point.

Pleb 2hu taste need not apply.

>ruining an above average shooter with shitty waifus and retarded aesthetics
sepukku yourself my fellow video game player

But WHAT IF
INSTEAD OF SHIPS
WE HAD
GIRLS
LITTLE GIRLS

Liberal Crime Squad.

This and of course dorf fort itself are bretty gud

when Cred Forums starts playing games again

shovel knight
risk of rain
enter the gungeon
FTL
hotline Miami 1 & 2
bastion
super meat boy

off the top of my head

Deliver the vital information, Captain. The Federation needs you.

If you have a strange combination of tastes that involves lesbians and DnD, Embric of Wulfhammer Castle might be the "game" for you.

to me indie games are like tetris and pacman, gameplay and little to no story, I like it that way

If Dustforce isn't god tier than your definition of god tier is shit.

How similar to DF is this game?

>exanima

Despite the other comments, I love Touhou, you're not alone user. God-tier music and fun bullet patterns.

Are exploding insects alright?

What should I play if my interest is restricted to the lesbians?

Best combat
Multiplayer when though

Gone Home

VNs.
SonoHana for porn.
Flowers and/or Kindred Spirit for recent feels.

No actual gameplay to those though.

I wish I didn't hate the dev so much that I refuse to play anything he's made.

Simpler definitely but still enjoyable, with mods and now scenarios it's great and different enough to keep you busy. This is coming from hundreds of Rimworld hours played and a few thousand DF hours.

>you spent lots of efforts
Removed from wishlist.

Simpler in terms of what you can do in game, and what the game itself can do, or just simpler in terms of UI. Because if its just UI, than that isn't necessarily bad since DFs UI is very unintuitive.

The Last Door
youtube.com/watch?v=7gP4ZqUuww0

Crawl
youtube.com/watch?v=JH1BhKN9gEc

KICKING ASS FOR JUSTICE
AND FOR LIBERTY

For the casual 'tards that would just refund it the moment the game rapes their faces.

UI is way more advanced and easier to use. Content and variety is also simpler and not as deep but it's getting there slowly. Rimworld is much newer but I can see it having lots of promise.
Biggest example of it being simpler and my biggest complaint is the lack of Y axis, there is only open space and mountain/walls. No stairs, ramps, or levels yet.

When unlock Rebel
And her powerset is really fun

Best I can think of desu

Yassssss :p

I wonder if Kikiyama is ever gonna update this game

Ahh well thanks for the responses user. Gonna have to check it out for sure. I throughly enjoy DF so I am always on the lookout for games similar to it.

Or make a sequel. Are current versions of RPG Maker good options for this kind of game still?

>bought during Early Access
>Rogue added to the game
>Immediately in love with her active and passive
>Everyone says she's shit
>Everyone says strikes are shit and not to use them unless you have boiling veins because they're too retarded to not aim a strike directly at them
>There are people out there that can't deal with simple Shielders

Reach 1-1 L1 to unlock her

Because they love mutantin~
And they don't like how her ultimate has limits, unlike a lot of the others.

Still a extremely good screen clear.

But have you beaten reallyjoel's dad mode on both?

That's perfectly fine grammatically though.

I think the devs spilled their spaghetti a bit on that message. A simple "YOU A REAL NIGGA" for completing the hardest setting would've been enough, ideally with a rad drawing of the MC killing some shit. I remember some games doing that.

Nothing wrong with being proud that someone liked the thing you worked on for like 3 years.

I agree, it's just that the message could've been conveyed more nicely.

I agree with him though, you gotta be cool and suave.

That's not even edge, quit misusing memes.

Killing Floor

excellent choices lads
not god-tier but i thought it had some clever moments

>I enjoy nothing

I was surprised to find out the dev who was behind those halo reach space segments basically built this game from scratch.

It's really fuckin cool, really needs more content though.

oops! someone never got gud :(

it's more than just a game it's a experience

what gam?

No it isn't. The singular noun is the correct choice over the plural here. Lots has the amount covered, using efforts is redundant.

I love this game. I actually booted it up and started playing an hour ago. It's AA though. AA through and through.

filename

I don't think I could disagree with you more, but I'm glad that people like Radiation's music. I'd prefer the loops from OFF to the wannabe digitized riffs Undertale's filled with, and I honestly think Ghost Fight is the best music Toby ever made.

God my nerves. FUcking lose it from time to time, a very sadistic game. Love it love it love it.

This girl is absolutely gorgeous.

Wanted to ask the source in the same post but I'm just going to leave this 'ere.

imgur.com/a/JUvHn

I shill for this game so hard when people are looking for fun indie games to play