Journey vs. No Man's Sky

Why do people praise this and not No Man's Sky? Aside from the false promises. They both have exploration, don't they?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qGcXI_BaR2Y&list=WL&index=8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I was able to see another player that was in the same place as me in journey.

Journey has multiplayer, better art direction, it doesn't overstay its welcome and it costs 10 dollars which is a lot for a 1,5 hours game though.

I didn't like Journey that much and it's still miles better that the piece of shit that NMS is.

Journey is exactly as advertised. A short, casual co-op platformer.

They're completely incomparable. Journey is a short, linear, focused game that does everything it set out to do well. NMS is a procedurally generated open world where "you can do anything!" that failed to deliver on most of its promises.

>Not 60$
>Devs didn't lie
>Uses it's length effectively

Did you really need to make this thread?

Journey was $15 max, had a beta to let people know what to expect and was exactly as described. No Man's Sky was $60 and the exact opposite of what was advertised while the devs lied about features up to the day it released.

I hate no mans sky and Journey equally

>Journey
>Exploration

You didn't play it, did you?

I just finished journey and it was awedome. The storytelling without words and just pictures was great.
I didn't even know there was multiplayer and was astonished by actually realizin that thats no bot, that IS someone.
The communication was fucking great, bringing some primal reaction that you need to help other even if someone can't ask for help. Sure the co-op is not needed for completion but it was great. Music was also fucking great
Overall 8/10 game, one i'd tell everyone to get for 8$

>get the white cloak
>have maximum lift
>meet another player in the catacombs
>with only the sing button to communicate, I get them to follow me up an unusual path
>show them a way to get outside of the map and we explore the world beyond the walls
>eventually go back into the game and complete it with them
>see their username at the end
>I was playing with a dev
>the hole in the world I showed them got patched

It was cool, but I felt kind of stupid because I had to find a new way out.

So. The mountain.

It was a vagina.

Right?

This.
Also my jaw dropped when I saw it was a fellow human being.

Journey was exactly what they said it would be. If anything, it exceeded expectations and did this really nice thing where the music and visuals worked together, and the co-op, while not terribly in-depth, was unique and a nice experience. Also there's this:
youtube.com/watch?v=qGcXI_BaR2Y&list=WL&index=8

Don't be retarded.

Journey is to NMS as a good short book is to a pile of fancy paper.

> it was awedome
An entire dome of awe you say?
I really should check it then.

60$

this

if No Man's Sky was 15 dollars nobody would have felt disappointed.

/thread

>Comparing Journey and No Man's Sky because you "explore" in both.
That's like saying No Man's Sky is like Devil May Cry. Yeah they both have exploration, but they're completely different kinds of exploring.

I'd say it's as reading the phonebook is to reading a satisfying short story. I want think you're smart enough to figure which is which.

>he seriously compared Journey to One Man's Lie
Not surprising that it's the OP