Entire race of water people

>Entire race of water people
>World is flooded
>They turn into bird people

Explain.

they were fresh water creatures

The goddesses flooded hyrule and they didn't want anybody to know about it, so they turned the zoras into bird people so that they wouldn't go snooping around

Nintendo don't understand evolution.

The goddess were assholes

>It's easier to become a bird than adapt to salt water

I doubt that Zoras, who lived by the ocean in MM, would care that much about salt. In MM however, they do mention that zoras depend on the temperature to be correct or the eggs won't hatch.

Also, I'm sure Valoo may have had something to do with it.

Nigga they literally got a fucking magic scale feather thing from a magic dragon that sits on top of a volcano ain't gotta explain sheeeeet

the ocean had no fish

they probably had to settle land or die, that and its full of monsters

I think evolution gets out the window when you have legit gods altering races and the world at large

Aonuma was more obsessed with Toon on a Boat like Muh Animes than he was with canon or lore.

well there's got to be an entire ecosystem of shit in the ocean, and not all of it is monsters. A lot of it is, though. Those fish hint guys had to eat something other than the bait you gave em

honestly the wind waker ocean wouldn't be very condusive for life, its a massive mix and fresh and salt water

that said, after the end of the game, with the waters receding a lot, things would probably improve heavily

It's magic they ain't gotta explain shit

>new iteration in the series
>gimmick is water
>remove the water people
what were they thinking?

what's so strange about that? when the earth was all water we were fish then turned into birds before landing on land when that appeared.

I suppose not, but I guess when it comes to "monsters" they can survive a lot of things

You earned it buddy.

>Zoras still exist
>Oh, by the way, did you guys see the castle underwater?
>Plot ruined

The goddesses forced them to evolve into Ruto so they wouldn't discover Hyrule

I'm 'bout to lay it down for ya'll.
>be zora
>gods flood hyrule
>yeah this is acceptable
>suddenly fucking water monsters everywhere
>the underwater hyrule area is protected by some weird magical barrier
>have to be on land
>this is not acceptable
>dragon god person offers flight in exchange for friendship or some shit
>okay yeah sure fuck the water
>many years pass where we don't even need to enter the water and we lose the scales and grow beaks (for some reason?)
>now we are bird people on a mountain
there, happy?