Why do RPGs and ARPGs hate this baby, spears, halberds and pole arms in general ?

Why do RPGs and ARPGs hate this baby, spears, halberds and pole arms in general ?

Literally no excuse.

Other urls found in this thread:

myarmoury.com/feature_spot_poleaxe.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pole_weapon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_George
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>hate this baby
What games hate babies, OP?

Plate armor + poleaxe is objectively the best melee combat loadout.

It doesn't look cool and edgy enough

Good times are coming.

because most games manage weapons in a very simple fashion and you just swing them around doing whatever number they're supposed to deal in damage

halberds and polearms in general have various uses and you can't just swing them around, so devs skip them entirely unless their scope is specifically to include as much medieval combat shit as possible like or mordhau

Yes.

Because you only play shit RPGs like Oblivion and Skyrim.

>spears sucks in DS2
>they're even worse in DS3
WTF. Spears are cool as shit but if it's not a sword of a big ax, then it has to suck shit

I've been around since the early days of Might & Magic.

Tell me that these weapons aren't rare compared to swords.

>It has a stigma of being a peasants weapon and thus being "uncool"
>Its completely superior than other weapons which makes designing around it unfun or making it completely unrealistic in how you can use it
>Its primary "styles" are not flashy
>Its utility as shown in your picture almost always break any kind of RPS system them put in place for balance
>Developers are lazy, they have a completely different way of using than most other weapons and thus mean they need their own animations

All pop to mind almost immediately.

No matter how shit this game is, I'll buy it because they actually put in weapon variety.

I'm sick of sword after sword after sword.

>weapon variety
>In a game whose combat is literally rock paper scissors
>In a game where you just run into someone to start combat and enter a "duel mode"

Its all fucking pointless. They could have them any weapon and it wouldn't matter because the game is literally RPS with modifiers.

Devs copy anime and movies. 300 is the only movie with spear combat, I can't think of one that has halberds in it.

Pretty much every D&D game has halberds and spears. Polearms are in a lot of turn based games and the souls games. Mount and Blade has spears.

>He didn't get into the alpha

That's the kind of thinking that has all of the games hung up on swords. The variety matters.

Warden is the least awful one there, except you just know his two-handed sword is going to be slow with high damage because MUH BALANCE

The gameplay is apparently pretty good, but I haven't played it, so I wouldn't know.

But it looks flashy and cinematic, and that's honestly enough for me. For Honor would have been 11 year old me's dream game.

Spears and pole weapons aren't considered heroic and aren't featured in many books or movies. Since RPGs are typically as uncreative and generic as possible, they go with what is popular in other media, namely swords, axes and hammers.

I would want some sort of backup weapon for sure. If your enemy is able to trap your weapon or close and grapple, you are completely fucked.

>Warden
>his

Its not a 10 foot long 5 foot wide sword with fire and lighting shooting out of it at all times.

Thats why

literally did nothing wrong

I know which class I am playing, Halberd and Knight master race.

I haven't played the game, I was just looking at the picture. Please tell me there isn't a woman under that giant armour.

Alpha-fag here.
Warden is actually the knight's average quick fella.

Halberd is probably the most broken weapon in first Dark Souls.

most A E S T H E T I C sets

orochi, warden, warlord, lawbringer

the token female character for the knights is the peacekeeper ya dumb cunt

The design overall could be summed up with pic related.

One of the only times a Souls game made me legit cry.
Garl a bro.

The Warden was a girl in the gameplay footage Ubisoft showed a few months ago anyway.

>except you just know his two-handed sword is going to be slow with high damage because MUH BALANCE
pro tip: two handed swords actually are slow with high balance and extra reach in RL

Just let me pop this alternate head on that shaft, and I'll fork it over, Ubisoft.

Of course verity maters. What I'm saying is a skin is not "verity." They have to actually do something and have a point. The way the combat is set up they dont do anything. Its not the weapons doing the work its the character. The character could be using anything and would play just the same.

Take a polearm. Someone with a pole arm would be doing EVERYTHING they can including running away to keep you from getting close. They wouldn't run up to you and get into your weapon range they would keep you locked down and so far away you couldn't attack them.

warden, conqueror
berserker, raider
orochi, kensei
These classes' gender can be switched between male/female.
The rest are locked.

>spear/flail and shield
>Pollaxe
>Tetsubo
So just how are Ubisoft going to ruin them?
They cannot into games.

It's more likely than you think.

They were slightly heavier, not the 400lb girders they are shown as in every game ever. Not that you would use one in a duel.

>Not blurring the bare arm on the conqueror.

For shame.

There are gender restricted classes and classes without a gender restriction.

Can't you choose male/female in the game?
Why are people mad about token females in advertising material?
If they don't they'll be running from feminist deathsquads again

We haven't really seem Peacekeeper in action; I think she does flips and shit, but I think rapiers would end up better than sword+dagger. Although maybe that'd be out of place for the faction.

At least it isn't two swords.

It kinda fits the lore since they're trained from prisoners.
Muh cheap infantry.

You can also hide the bare arms in the ingame customization.

and thats pretty much impossible to do constantly

shortening your range to deal with people up close would mean loosening your grip leaving you open for disarm

refer to

>Muh cheap infantry.
Wearing armor worth more than his whole village.

I'm kind of disappointed Lawbringer is male-only; I wanted to play a huge armored halberdier girl. I'll have to settle with naginata, or spear and shield.

Had to sell the whole village, but still couldn't afford anything on his arms.

>spears aren't considered heroic

>gae bolg
>spear of Saint George
>Spear of Longinus

>huge armored [...] girl
Why aren't there more of these in video games?
Where's my legions of platemail-clad tittymonsters?

Gungnir

Spears got patched into usefulness eventually in ds2. Lothric knight spear is pretty much the only good spear in ds3 tho. Souls games really never quite favor spears as an entire weapon class. The regular spear and low end spears always suck whereas the regular long sword, battle axe and mace at least keep up in terms of damage. Only a handful of spears are ever good in any of the dark souls games

Also Amenonuhoko, Gáe Buide and Gáe Derg, Green Dragon Crescent Blade, Octane Serpent Spear, Spear of Fuchai, Spear of Lugh, Trishula, and Rhongomyniad.

Yeah, was just naming stuff off the top of my mind. Plenty of spears of significance in our myth. Swords were never a primary weapon, they were a sidearm. A good, dependable sidearm, but you'd seldom see two lines of soldiers engage each other using nothing but swords, unless they were short on supplies or desperate.

Tonbokiri too, that thing is pretty famous in Japan. Really tired of seeing a legendary sword called Muramasa in every damn game.

because every time virgins go
>MUH REALISM AND GIRLS CANT MUSCLES
in a post apocalyptic game where pangea has been recreated and vikings nips and eurofags go to war because reasons
and thus no devs want to anger their primary audience

>ywn get dominated by an amazon tittymonster

One thing I've always been puzzled by is aesthetics. Swords have a wide aesthetic variety in fiction and that's great, but polearms have just as much potential, if not more.

I know they're thought of as rank and file infantry weapons, but I just don't get why fiction doesn't tap into the variety. There is so much potential for heroic and villainous polearms.

myarmoury.com/feature_spot_poleaxe.html

Not the first guy, but I think he's talking about in the generic "western medieval fantasy" stories that spears/polearms are not usually heroic. You don't really have many stories featuring main characters or heroes using anything but swords.

If you think about movies like LoTR, every hero just uses swords except for the bad guy grunts or human soldiers. Even when spear or polearms are used by a main character like Game of Thrones, it's portrayed as "exotic" or "different".

Developers are lazy, so they stick with what everyone might be familiar with. That, and the fact that they can use the same animations for sword/short sword/big sword/axe/warhammer usually, so it saves them money. (Think Bethesda games for example).

Eastern games will try to feature polearms a lot more, because as you guys pointed out, a lot of famous heroes did use polearm weapons.

And a fucking Masamune

Mostly because they are visually boring unless taken to extremes where they would not be practical anymore anyways.

>likes getting "defiled"
>did nothing wrong

If you look into Eastern civilizations, it's actually the opposite. Generals or important warriors were often on horseback, so polearms were widely used by famous heroes as opposed to swords.

If you look at a game like Dynasty Warriors, they are actually not being accurate by giving a lot of the characters swords. Most of the characters in those games actually famously used spear/polearm type weapons.

>female orcs

But it's the same for every weapon on earth, user.

You take that back right now.

my nigga

>tfw no games exist where female orcs are like pic related in appearance

Gesundheit.

This is not true at all. It is a lot more visually interesting to design practical polearms than swords.

I mean, without going crazy, just look at real historical polearms.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pole_weapon

Pic related: and that's just a small number of Chinese Polearms used back in the day. If you add in some from western, some from Japanese.. etc, you are set.

Because they're ugly and not popular outside of /k/ or /his/ fags.

Stuff like guisarmes, bardiches, and lucerne hammers are practical and pretty cool. Not all polearms are just straight and narrow points.

M&B also has plenty of halberds, pollaxes, partisans, fauchards etc

ot's rather silly, because the myths and legends feature a lot of spears, nearly all military heroes from every culture has some kind of legendary spear, because the people understood that you didn't go into battle without one, it being a thrown weapon or a melee weapon.

mostly the western obsession with swords is partly to do with knights and the legend of Arthur. You know make someone a knight with a spear, you do it with a sword. Arthur proved he was king by pulling a sword from a stone, the lady of the Lake gave him a magical sword (of course Arthur also had a magical dagger and, yes, a legendary spear).

It was also the most easily carried visual representation of someone with power and wealth, as in the earlier days only they could afford one.

Such poor taste.

cedargrove is so good, sadly he only ever draws when all the planets align
female orcs make me diamonds

That makes perfect sense.

In the mean time, Eastern myths feature almost no swords until some of the Samurai stuff. That's probably why eastern RPGs or games incorporate a lot of different weapons while western storylines just kept making "MAGICAL SWORDS".

If I ever get rich I'm gonna pay him enough to make him slave away in my basement and produce quality female orc content every day.

Does any game other than SotN, Aria of Sorrow or Dawn of Sorrow include so many mythologic weapons?

I hope you get rich user

>female orcs

YES
E
S

Final Fantasy games, other jRPG's generally have at least a few mythological weapons from various cultures and types.

You'll almost always find a spear named Longinus, Gae Bulg (probably spelled Gaebalg), or Gungir. I don't know if these are named that in the original languages of the games, they could just be replaced names for eastern legendary weapons.

Now as for western games, you'll not tend to find much variety in that sense.

Grats, you watched some shitty youtube videos about realistic medieval combat, just like everyone else.

Why do you assume this, user ?

Fuck off, autist

Keep spouting memes

Claimh Solais will forever be the best weapon in any game

Literally black women.

Get a black girl and ask her to put on green face paint.

Skallagrim and people like that have gotten really popular lately, and so too has discussion about realistic medieval fighting and weapons in regards to video games. Just correlation, it's common sense

Alpha allowed you to change out parts of the weapon like the hilt and the flail head. There are also slight stat buffs tied to each weapon part, but you can transmog every part to anything else you own.
I can practically guarantee we'll be able to stick lucerne heads and the like on the weapon.

>skalla
jesus christ

>No matter how shit this game is, I'll buy it
Are you retarded? What's the point of weapon variety if the game's shit?

Cinematic value. Just seeing the childhood medieval fantasy daydreams is good enough for me.

Who would think it's a peasants weapon?? I've never seen a picture of a peasant with a polearm.

>pole meat tenderizer

Pretty much. There is a reason why unmounted knights were fond of poleaxes.

By that logic people like M16 because of hickok45. Kill yourself.

i'm digging the scratched paint look. How ahistorical are these armor sets on a scale of 1-10?

Yeah no your half assed analogy is bullshit though, stick to memes

They are all bullshit.

>weapon variety
>in a game where you literally click m1 to do damage

like yeah why the fuck does it matter holy fuck this is gay

A two-handed vertical stroke is fine, for example like Demon's Souls.
Also, it's because pole's look gay as shit. They're even faggier than spears.

They range from anachronistic to helmet-in-hood retarded

Spear/pitchfork

Poleaxes were never used by peasants you fucking idiot as a matter of fact knights favored them.

The Bill derived from the billhook

So many cool/useful weapons come from farming/peasant weapons.

Sickle for example

Don't forget this brutal beauty.

Criminally underrated in vidya. In fact I can't name any non Diablo clone where you can use one.

Know

Yes amerifat. It's a fucking flail of course it was a peasant weapon.

There is no excuse. The sooner fantasy starts venturing into the possibilities of weapons not swords the better.

It was used to beat grains and the occasionnal drunkard or rowdy child before it made its way into armies.

I noticed people seem to pretty much use poleaxes as glorified spears. How often was the axe blade actually utilized in combat?

Chinese were REALLY heavy on polearms more than anyone else.

chivalry does, 1h one in warband mods
2h one was, the 1h version is kind of a meme but seems to only have been used by heavy cavalry

>I noticed people seem to pretty much use poleaxes as glorified spears.

Range. Knights were proficient with more than one weapon type so why take a regular spear when you can take a poleaxe, even if it is just to use it as a spear?

Well. It was barely even a peasant weapon since it was used so sparingly.

It makes for a very shitty weapon all things considered and most likely if you have a flail you have like a hoe or pitchfork or something which would be better.

>It's a two-handed weapon and can't be used with a shield
>Does poor damage compared to other two other two-handed weapons
>Instead of thrusting it you swing it using the same animation as the sword and consequently you gain no benefit defensively either
>There are little or no unique spears, but dozens of legendary swords and axes

T-thanks

runescape?

It would probably serve more as a crowbar type thing I recon rather than a damaging weapon. Granted it's always nice to have some extra choices I suppose, the few times they do come up.

There are probably plenty of games that fit most of that description, but I was mostly thinking of Baldur's Gate

Morrowind kinda fits as well.

But user, poleaxes and lucerne hammers were widely in use in the 16th and 15th century. If you were on foot and in full armor you probably had one of these as well.

The axe head had quite a lot of utility actually. You are basically going to only kill an armored knight in three scenarios outside of CQC:

1) Impaling their armor in a clean hit
2) Smashing through their armor with something like a hammer
3) Knocking them on their ass so they are prone to all attacks

As you can see the Pollaxe was designed to be proficient with all three methods.

>axe head for slashin' niggas
>spear head for stabbin niggas
>hammer head for smashin niggas

Much like flails, they're too lazy to make good animations.

Another image as reference. Note that the foremost guy has his leg hooked and is soon likely to be on his ass prone.

And how about actual chopping? Wouldn't it be better to just have a hook installed instead of whole axe blade if it was meant for hooking?

>There will never be a game where you get to play as a christmas cake spear master

Yeah. I don't doubt they aren't useful. I'm just saying I think the hammer/axe part probably took a bit more of a utility/situational position rather than a straight up DPS focus.

Like 90% you use it as a spear then when you are lucky and find a opening you use the hammer/axe part.

There's probably less chance of getting stabbed if you have a pointy stick pointed at other fuckers with pointy stick rather than swinging an axe around.

the only RPGs that have shit weapon variety are TES, and they're not even really RPGs.

The axe is for when you get too close to stab effectively, or for when you need to hook a guy.
It's not too useful in formation, though.

>Balsa
>christmas cake

You can of course use it for chopping motions as well. Just that it will likely not be as effective as the hammer head against an armored opponent. That and usually when images are posted it is to refute that polearms are bad in duels or to reinforce that they are knightly weapons.

it varies, both daggerfall and morrowind had good enough variety (daggerfall even had flails), problem with those is the animations are all the same
but oblivion had the worst variety out of all of the games, skyrim was slightly better

>30 years old
>Unmarried
>Not Christmas cake

>too close to stab effectively (with a polearm or spear)
>but half swording is perfectly valid!
You can always just... Change your grip with a spear or polearm. Further many polearms had spikes along the rear specifically for bashing in close.

Oblivion was a ridiculously fake-looking "medieval theme park" kind of game that abandoned a lot of the personality, grit and realism of Morrowind and Daggerfall.

that's the one thing Skyrim got right, it had shit graphics, shit gameplay, shit story, shit quests and everything you can name, but it got the design of the world, the props and the characters really right, it did some level of honor to nordic aesthetics while Oblivion was almost insultingly watered down.

Gravity is always trying to lever a sword out of your hands making it feel much heavier in practice. Any added weight is going to make a big difference in a functional sense.

It's also a game that plays and looks like shit.

I wish more games had over-sized fuck-off hammers.
I wish for more blunt weapons in general.

quality post

>shugoki

litterally made up word by stupid gaijins

"quick hitter" or "fast crack"

>no /fit/ as fuck spear waifu
Why is real life so empty

And it doesn't matter because d&d doesn't model weapons past what die you roll for damage.

Oh fuck a Kanabō. Immediately 10x more interested in this.
Oh wait, Ubishit.

Eh, depending on edition there is some variance. A bunch of them get special rules, though you do get disgusting shit like halberds and glaives being identical in 5th alongside battle axes and longswords, and tridents being objectively worse spears.
Scimitars are also just shortswords that weigh a pound more and cost a whopping 25 gold to the shortsword's 10.

Anyone else tired of the realism trend in gaming? I miss creative and unique looking weapon design, instead they just go for the realistic approach, and copy generic real life weapons instead of trying something bold and new

no because real weapons look far more interesting than the generic fantasy shit we've seen hundreds of times
also most of the stuff you see recently in games aren't "realistic" it's what the developers think is "realistic" and it just looks shit

Wait, no, I looked it up and I got it wrong.
For reasons unknown, 5th edition removed the ability for weapons to be able to do more than one kind of damage, so scimitars are shortswords that do slashing rather than piercing.
Which is still silly, because everything and it's mother resists slashing but pretty much only skeletons resist piercing alone.

I mean, look at this shit. Absolutely digusting.
There's no exotic stuff either.

Most of the reason for the "creative and unique" weapon design is just a bad effort at trying to make the one-millionth fantasy sword distinct.

That and there are gameplay implications if the developers considered the utility of weapons outside of DPS. Which goes into:

Part of the problem with weapon homogeneity is that they tend to be reduced to static damage numbers with MAYBE slash/pierce/blunt damage adding in the mix.

nope because there's always some crazy looking weapon that existed in real life that's always more interesting to look at than painted Buster Sword #2159

just look at this stuff

Of course not, that's for their DLC splatbooks with all the actual effort put into them to have

Ay, its one of those odd knives that the arab in berserk uses!

>5th edition removed the ability for weapons to be able to do more than one kind of damage
That is complete and utter bullshit, just wtf.

Then you have games like Baldur's Gate where the system actively punishes weapons with multiple damage types by always using the worst damage type.

What the fuck is wrong with game developers and melee weapons.

It's that sword from warframe!

I feel you my man. The other guys responding to you have very poor imaginations.

yeah but i wasn't specifically talking about that
the sword on the left is a real life gunsword

enjoy your FO4 pipeguns then

I must be retarded
>think maces and clubs are cool as fuck
>can never bring myself to use one
they always seem so boring

Gotta put something into splatbooks, user. DLC jewery killed 4e, but this time surely they'll get it right.

3.x had some neat stuff, though it was mostly limited to exotic weapons.
Flails and chains got bonuses to disarm and trip, lances got fancy mounted bonuses in exchange for sucking on foot, bucklers could be combined with two-handed weapons, spiked chains had a hilarious amount of stuff thrown in and were thus the basis for entire fighter builds, and gauntlets let monks enchant their fists.
Spiked shields were also a thing.
Of course, swords, maces, and axes were still boring as shit.

Like I said, poor imagination.

They need to take some pointers from M&B.That's how you make weapons diverse and useful.

>tfw we don't get to disscuss batshit indian weapons and cool mughal forts anymore because of POO IN LOO

It's more or a tragedy then PARALLEL UNIVERSES ruining SM64 discussion

show me some actually interesting fantasy weapons that aren't garbage then

Most people, including game devs, don't read history and instead base their beliefs in pop-culture which is all about people whacking each other with swords.
Think about how often dual-wielding is portrayed where both of the weapons are the same size.

Do you enjoy anime weapons, user ?

Oh I'm sure that exchange would go swimmingly.
No thanks, I'd rather just call you retarded for thinking a weapon design can't look good unless it's just a real weapon that has already been made.

crow's beak 4 lyf

what armor type you got son?
no problem i got an app for that

Like I said, poor imagination.

>sickle is objectively worse handaxe that can't be thrown
>maces are a more expensive quarterstaff that can't be two-handed or enchanted with shillelagh
>Morningstar is a more expensive war pick
>flail is a shittier warhammer, and both are outclassed by the identical rapier which has finesse
>greataxe is a budget greatsword with worse dice
WIZARDS WHY

fantasyshit is less inspired than real weapons
enjoy your epin anime sword #4295 i guess

Partizan and Swordspear are fucking good in DS3.

For someone calling people unimaginative and boring you sure do have a fucking problem with showing what you call original. Are you that scared of some anonymous random guy on the internet disagreeing with your tastes after you disagreed with his ? Do you lack that much maturity that you can't let this thing in particular not bother you ?

Here's what i call cool looking.
And pic related.

What do you call original, user ?

This weapon is ugly as fuck.

And you're entitled to your opinion.

Do you have something for us then or is this just bait ?

Do you always think in black and white generalizations or is today special?

see

i just like shitting on weebs like you who think their epic gatsu sword is unique and special

Cite one single post I have made that implies I am a weeb.
Wait, no, just kill yourself instead

So you're just whoring for (You)s, then. Alright, have fun.

>tfw i don't recall a single game that lets me have a bec de corbin, let alone use it the right way

I'd kill for it to appear in bannerlord, same for war picks actually. Haven't seen one in an arpg outside of Souls.

i can't believe people still give faggots like Skallagrim and Lindy views when Matt and basically everyone with an actual fucking degree exist.

Do I need to spell it out for you? If I go to all the trouble of digging up an image of a fantastical weapon design you'll just say "that looks like shit" no matter what it is. It is much more rewarding to call you a retard for thinking it is impossible for a weapon to be interesting if it isn't one that already exists in real life. What's more, I don't even need an argument there, because your point of view is so completely moronic that the reason you are wrong is self-evident.

I did my first DS run with the Gargoyles Halberd. Also Chivalry and Fire Emblem make ample use of pole arms

Skal is more likeable than schola and they're not even competing anyways, they're all benefiting each other

African weaponry is some strange-ass stuff.

I always thought it was because games cannot into reach weapons, polearms, whips, etc.

>oh no, he's gonna say it's shit
>whatever can i do
>my life will be ruined if a guy i don't know from a thread that's gonna be deleted tomorrow says he doesn't like my design
>IF he doesn't like my design

> for thinking it is impossible for a weapon to be interesting
I've been sharing weapons that I think are interesting. You have shared none at all. I'm just asking you to show what you consider interesting so we can have a proper discussion like actual human beings, not cave dwelling manchildren, and here you are, contributing nothing to the thread and calling people boring, unimaginative and retarded for no reason. On what level am I wrong here ?

Have an african bardiche.

>You have shared none at all
Why would I? What possible motivation could I have for going to the trouble? As I said, calling you a retard is more rewarding.

>so we can have a proper discussion like actual human beings
How noble of you. Surely I can trust your intentions, right?

I used a guisarme, have I sullied my honor by using a commoner's weapon?

you have no reason to exist, please be rid of this nuisance you call a life.

If it's stained with the blood of enough nobles, any weapon can become noble itself.

well yes, melee weapons tend to have only two or three stats like unarmored damage, armor penetration and weight + some random modifyer, when there should be at least 5, IMO, it should go like this

>blunt impact(weight x balance)
>cutting power(blade-point depth x strength)
>speed(balance x size)
>reach(weight / size)
>durability(strength / weight)

so your base stats are weight, balance, size, strength and depth and they can vary wildly.

Good one.

I remember seeing pic related in Demons' Souls and calling bullshit. I apologize to From.

>As I said, calling you a retard is more rewarding.
Calling someone you don't know on the internet a retard is rewarding to you ?
Jesus, user. Go masturbate a while or something.

>How noble of you. Surely I can trust your intentions, right?
You're saying that as if I'm gonna jump on you the second I see a pic of a weapon from you or something.

How many actual human beings, and not npcs, have you actually talked to in your entire life, user ? The people you keep in your basement don't count, by the way.

Have an african shield. Last (You) you're gonna get.

I'm glad you liked my post.

what the fuck were they doing during their wars down in Africa

>Calling someone you don't know on the internet a retard is rewarding to you ?
More rewarding than going out of my way to fulfill the whims of someone I don't know on the internet? Absolutely.

>You're saying that as if I'm gonna jump on you the second I see a pic of a weapon from you or something.
Given the way you have been posting, that seems very plausible.

>How many actual human beings, and not npcs, have you actually talked to in your entire life, user ?
See you were trying to be clever here, but really you're just implying that you yourself can count the number of people you have talked to in your lifetime, which is as funny as it is bizarre.

>Last (You) you're gonna get.
I think we both know that isn't true.

don't forget the classic "crossbows do +2 damage but are otherwise worse in every other way and bascially npc only weapons" meme

Play Lords of the Fallen.

Are we playing chicken now?

Unfortunately nobles don't die, but are knocked unconscious so the crows don't know the taste of a baron or duke yet.

Bannerlord will see us have entire bloodlines and dynasties of faggot nobles to slaughter.

>i've killed your grandfather, uncle, your father, your brother, your other brother, your cousin, your half-brother and you people still don't learn your fucking lesson

>mfw entire generations of inigo montoyas will be coming after you

Wonder if it will have female nobles, I doubt it but the franchise has had female troops and female ruler(s)

>Be a strong Sturgian woman
>Will only marry and bare children for a man that can best her
>Goes undefeated
>Dies a virgin leaving behind no children but several jars of butter

Their throwing knives in particular are pretty dank.

Looks like something a 10 year old boy would draw.

I hope we will be able to actually execute them.

History was written by the western swordfags thats why.

Looks more like somebody fucked with the blacksmith' molds and he sat there, stone faced, looking the pranksters right in the eyes as he made these anyway.

He implied that you have no social skill.

>took that post at face value
Ah, so you are autistic, that explains everything

What games have aztec weapons?

ironic that the only sword that actually won wars was the least noble of them all.

the gladius, a bone and wood, mass produced sharpened iron stump, it didn't have fancy treatises about it's usage, it was not embed with the pudience and pedigree of it's wielder, it cut weeds and wood as often as it did flesh, yet it gutted and hacked it's way through everything from Scotland to the Persian gulf, from Gibraltar to Crimea, this simple, practical evicerating tool was as much of a testament to the discipline and audacity of the legionary turning him into a living weapon than the fine, unique blades were to the noble champions hubris

>Gladius
>Sword

>Not an oversized knife

Only game I can think of (across all genres) that has them, for obvious reasons, is Medieval 2.

Fucking shame, by the way. In general aztec/mayan/etc. weapons were brutal and cool looking.

>that spearhead design

>implying the Romans only used one weapon
These people get their history from the History Channel don't they?

>implying the continuous use of the gladius from around 250BC to the 300ADs wasn't dominant and extremely unique in history
>implying even when the legions were levied self-equipped citizens they didn't have the same standard

MKX

Well, I know kotal kahn in MKX has a couple since he's based on mesoamerican gods, but that's a fighting game

The HD version of asscreed liberations has a macuahuitl too I think but the game is shit from what I hear

Too bad Kotal is a complete jobber pussy in-game

He was the only MK antagonist with a semblance of depth and reason

You aren't very bright. I know what he attempted to say, but what he actually ended up indicating was that he himself had none.

>took that post at face value
Except that's the opposite of what I did you retard.

Final Fantasy XIV has macuahuitls as gladiator weapons.

Sure, but in the comics he was amazing, and is still true

>Oblivion
>Shit RPG

Hell even Skyrim can bring bring in Polearms with mods but Oblivion also has matching animation/combat move mods for them.

too long, you would be better off snapping the shaft in half if that is your plan

>mtumbo what the fuck why is my sword covered in dicks

I don't think you're going to be using a pike in close combat, a polearm designed for infantry combat is likely no more than 4 or 5 feet long.

Don't forget the club, one of man's first weapons. Still in use today, in many forms.

It's a shame when a game treats it like a low tier weapon, the typical wooden club usually, quickly being replaced by maces and such (Oblivion comes to mind, though the design of the club looks great imo). Games like Dark Souls do these weapons a reasonable amount of justice.

Always thought African throwing knives looked effective and lethal as fuck.

This is why aztec's macuahuitls are so cool

>You like swords? You like clubs? HOW ABOUT BOTH
>Bash in a niggas head as you are cutting it off

which mod is this?

Well its not A Clash of Kings because he doesn't trip stabbing himself in the dick losing 4 Endurance

Polearms are the best.

>Knight tries stabbing me with poleaxe
>just grab onto it and stab him in the face while he pulls me towards himself trying to wrestle it away

About as historically accurate as an episode of Game of Thrones.

Will bannerlord gonna be bomb?

>receive sabaton to the knee and gauntlet to the face

>implying you can just grab a knight's poleaxe
>a knight's poleaxe
>a person that is proficient in fighting with a poleaxe
>implying he won't just poke you full of holes and slash your hands while you desperatly try to grab his weapon

>grab onto the poleaxe
>the wielder comes into close range and sweeps your legs/punches you in the face/deflects your weapon with the shaft/just fucking stabbing you with full force

Can already tell vikings are gonna be weak kek

>just grab onto the haft and fall backwards because forward momentum doesn't stop
>now I'm dead because I'm on my back with a man standing over me
or
>can't react fast enough because stabs are quick with little tell that they're coming

>Implying your attempts at grabbing the weapon don't lead to holes in your guard or cut up hands
>Implying that the knight isn't prepared to wrestlemania your ass so he could shank you with his dagger.

>Try to grab a knight's poleaxe
>Get my fucking head split in half because I extended my arms out while in melee range

He has a dagger in his brain, too late for any of that

>sitting there like an idiot slowly sawing at an enemy, making yourself defenseless

>"stab him in the face while he pulls me towards himself"
>Implying a dagger has sufficient reach for this ineffective ploy

You're not fooling anyone sword user. If anyone is ready to use a dagger it is the Polearm guy not you.

Thats why the battlefields of the 15th and 16th century were just guys with daggers and nobody played knight

Halberd is amazing in DS1.

You don't need to spend a full 5 seconds sawing the head off when just severing major arteries near the surface works although to be honest a sword does the job just as well if not better.

Still Kotal Kahn was nice.

>not fighting an army of 4 feet at the shoulder horses that just stand there and let you whack their necks twice

>implying

Getting hit by that even without the blades on there would do serious damage, It's a huge ass two handed club.

Then you have the blades on top of that, which are far, far sharper then steel.

You don't need to do the sawing motion, because a single not shit hit is going to take you down to begin with

This desu

pole-arms are like spears in that they're best used by large groups working together. Video games can't simulate that well because they have poor AI.

>polearms are a formation only weapon
when will this meme end?

>best used = only way to use

wew

Polearms like Pollaxes were not designed with formation fighting in mind though. Note that almost all depictions of them are in the context of knightly duels. "Polearms" and "Spears" are a remarkably broad weapon category and only idiots think that they immediately imply pikes.

They work great alone as long as nobody is shooting at you with something that can penetrate your armor. Good reach helps a whole lot when you're trying not to get surrounded.

Wasn't the original dragon killer Saint George's lance Ascalon?

While I am not certain Knights are frequently depicted fighting dragons with spears.

How the hell Dragon Dogma had no spears when even the concept art depicts them is absurd. Especially since it may have offered a nice ranged alternative for the Warrior classes.

Ascalon was a sword iirc.

Yep, the fact that they had room for greatswords and greathammers but not spears is beyond me.

>Ascalon was a sword iirc.
Actually i'm half wrong, St. George is depicted as killing the dragon with either a sword or a spear.

>The figure on Hillfigure Knoll is wielding a spear
>Lancer's Sword
>Framae Blades the heads of spears
>Helmbarte Daggers the heads of polearms
>A story about slaying a dragon and becoming knighted
Its like they wanted to have the imagery without actually having spears

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_George

Looks like its mostly spears, or specifically a lance since he's mounted, split the difference and call it a Dragonslayer Swordspear.

>split the difference
But there is no significant difference. The depictions are overwhelmingly of Saint George with a spear.

>Swordspear.
>mixing the Spear master race with the filthy swords
Ew.

Sorry my attempts at amusement have failed.

Drop that stick and tend to the crops, peasant.

You should know better than to try and crack jokes on Cred Forums you fucking mongoloid, you goddamn queef, you absolute goatsperm.
i-i-it's not like I laughed or anything !!

There is nothing amusing about tainting Saint George's slaying of the dragon with swords. Imagine someone re-envisioning Saint George slaying a dragon on foot with a Katana. Yeah its that disgusting.

I bet Minerva uses a sword