Crysis was released in 2008 but Skyrim in 2011 has the same graphics but slightly worst

Crysis was released in 2008 but Skyrim in 2011 has the same graphics but slightly worst.

How is that possible?

Crysis runs on voodoo magic and sacrificed virgins. This has been know for many years.

>Skyrim is 5 years old already

Crysis came out in 2007, bro.
And Skyrim has WAY worse graphics, and 100% static world with no environmental destruction, physic simulations, ... hell, anything.

I'll let you discerning anons be the judge

I know Crysis had awful (practically non-existent) anti-aliasing, but there's no way that's a screenshot of the highest settings. The rock and ground textures weren't that blurry.

blurry effect is DOF
as for textures... well, Crysis loaded on ultra automatically the first time I ran it, and even during the beach landing I noticed a bunch of low-res rocks

the rocks are the most well known weakest looking assets in OG Crysis, but that ain´t no DOF Blur; that´s a serious lack of proper Anisotropic filtering.

>has the same graphics but slightly worst.
what the fuck are you talknig about?

outsourcing talent

the only thing wrong with that top image is aliasing

otherwise it's a million times better than the bottom image
you ahve to force AF through the control panel and/or use the POM/AF mod

In one year, Crysis will LITERALLY be a decade old.

graphics really could not get any better than this

>Crysis was released in 2008

You need the POM AF mod. Crytek goofed in the code and had the materials set to ignore anisotropic filtering when parallax occlusion mapping was enabled. The mod fixes the code, so it literally isn't even a mod but more of a patch.

The difference is night and day.

How about we use pictures that don't make the games look like complete garbage?

They could, but between console ruining gaming and devs being incompetent they never will.

where did Crysis 2 & 3 go wrong?
oh wait I know
>Up to 32 players are supported in each multiplayer match in Crysis 1 multiplayer

*tips*

>Where did Crysis multiplayer go wrong
Gamespy

Consoles

>where did Crysis 2 & 3 go wrong?
Being console-multiplat trash, with streamlined gameplay and maps, but worse optimization.

Oh yes the multiplayer is absolutely what ruined Crysis 2 and 3. Nothing else. Sure.

I mean, I didn't buy the 2nd one because of the demo they released with small 3v3 or 5v5 matches or whatever they were. And the 3rd one was the same.

file size is over the limit

>But worse optimization
>Games that look a shitload better with environments that are a lot busier run worse
>gee must be optimization

Crysis was made for computers that didn't exist when it came out.

Play the ps3 port of crysis and try to tell me I'm wrong.

I just got hit crysis, what mods do I need in order to get groin grabbing good graphics and push my system.

Bf4 looks better

Crysis 1 multiplayer wasn't worth shit until warhead, it was at best an afterthought.
Crysis 2 had a TERRIBLE single-player, but the mutliplayer was the most fun you could possibly have from a tacticool shooter, considering you could go invisible and jump 12 feet in the air.
Crysis 3 looks better than crysis 1, but the levels are smaller and more linear so it feels like a mediocre achievement.

>Have a 970
>Get a mod for Crysis that gives campaign levels with 2x the playable area
>Game now runs at 20FPS
crysisfags will defend this.

Skyrim graphics are quite worse. Games only started matching Crysis graphical quality with the arrival of PS4.

Crysis 1 had big levels but they were full of invisible walls and generally empty as fuck

Law of Diminishing Motivation

Gamebryo

The only invisible walls were when you tried to scale mountains, I can name 30 games with way worse invisible walls.
Regardless of which the levels were still huge compared to your standard modern FPS level.

You are literally blind if you think Crysis is the pinnacle of graphics

I think crysis 3 is the pinnacle of graphics.
I think crysis 1 looks better than everything on the ps4, but that's Michael Phelps at the special olympics.

my bad

huge and boring