Claims japanese dub is superior

>claims japanese dub is superior
>proceeds to buy the localized one with english subtitles
How about you import the JP release if you want japanese voices then?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Hyperdimension-Neptunia-Birth-Limited-Trilogy-Pc/dp/B01F04ZDQQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

h.bday smug nep

They can't learn Japanese.

Then why don't they stick with the English dub then?

tfw nep and Cred Forums has the same birthday

What is nep anyway

A little pile of smug.

She's got the same birthday as People's Republic of China then.
>mfw the Chinks have party hats out today as well

Makes no difference when Nep is really a visual novel with a minigame thrown in, the same way that MGS4 is a movie with an expensive minigame thrown in.

Not talking about just Nep.
Almost every Japanese made games that has a western release that's locked to english, there's always a group complaining hurr we want jp voices!

Person a 5, God Eater to name a few titles

Why not just provide it as a DLC for those who want it and be done with it? You sound as you are are baffled that people have different preferences that may differ from what you would like.

Because they can't understand if the Jap dub is fucking dogshit. But they can with the English dub. So many weebs prefer Jap voices because they have more emotion or better portray a character. But oftentimes you hear from actual Japs that certain dubs a horrible. And like usual nobody talks like anime characters in Japan.

So it really its just that weebs want to cover shitty dubs they understand with shitty dubs they don't understand. Ignorace is bliss.

>Why not just provide it as a DLC for those who want it and be done with it? You sound as you are are baffled that people have different preferences that may differ from what you would like.
>DLC
Really?

Does that even matter though? From the dev's pov, providing the audio track should just be a pure financial decision if the story and the game itself doesn't deviate from region to region.

I don't see why justification or lack of any justification by a select group of the audience really matters when it's just a matter of a consumer preference that can be rightly exploited.

Not all DLC is paid DLC, turbonerd.

So, I should just learn Swedish if I want to watch Let The Right One In. And if I want to watch Tokyo Story I should also learn Japanese.

I mean, subtitles are so dumb XDDD

>listening to shrieking baby voices that you can't even understand while reading subtitles

I can understand using subs for any language but Asian ones. Fucking weebs

Well yeah. People can cry all they like. Neptunia Re;Birth 1 for one charges extra for the Japanese "native" audience to get Japanese subcaption for the dialogues.

The nips are taking it, because it's better than being region locked by IFI from buying the game on Steam and not getting Japanese text in a visual novel.

I guess I am in the minority who actually turns on subtitle when I am watching TV and that I read better than I listen to things. I even mute certain games while playing some other music in the background because I find audio dialogues distracting.

Steam has full japanese version of rebirth 1 and 2 now.

More like the Nips weren't even allowed to buy it, never mind the "no Japanese text part"

>Neptunia Re;Birth 1 for one charges extra for the Japanese "native" audience to get Japanese subcaption for the dialogues.
False.
You can change it through Properties>Language

They give you sick themes and icons and everything else for the deluxe package though.

What's the point for it being DLC then? If it's going to be free then might as well add an ENG/JP button in the audio settings.

>Jap
>dub

Do you want to call it by its Japanese term too?

Only recently. IFI finally chose to address the Japanese and Asian weeb population who wan to buy the game but couldn't.
It's a pretty clever thing for IFI to provide Japanese text through the deluxe edition DLC. The Nips and weebs in asia want Japanese text.

You don't have to pay for the JP text

I own standard versions of both games and steam updated it for free with japanese option.

Noire has no friends

>does it for free
IFI based janny who eat hotpockets!

It's for free. You can choose to rice it up however you like. Idea Factory is not ATLUS nor do they think like Nintendo of America. See

1. Don't know japanese
2. I've heard how awful the dub is
3. Original sounds better
4. Importing is not cheap sugartits

There are a few exceptions, like Dynasty Warriors and Neptunia games where the dub is actually better.

It makes so little sense to import Neptunia when IFI is not censorinig nor have they taken out Japanese audio/text.
This can be argued for other games, but it's a moot point when it comes to Nep, which is actually a rarity.

Final Fantasy in English voices has always been better than the Japanese voices
Those 3 are all my posts, I just want a smug nep pic and this thread should be for every game not just nep.

Persona 4 dub is way better than the Japanese dub too.

Danganronpa 2 has better dub in Japanese though.

and I'm not saying that JP voices are bad or anything.

>I can discern the quality of voice acting in a language I can't understand

My second favorite meme.

>Claims japanese dub is superior.
>He can't understand japanese at all.
>The japanese dub actually IS just as bad if not worse than the dub.

kek

Can you name some?

Neptunia is actually one of the rare cases where the English dub is better

>How about you import the JP release if you want japanese voices then?

I did. what now smug nep?

Resident evil.
Final Fantasy XV
Drakengard
All of the Dragon Ball dubs.
Neptunia to a certain extent

These are just a few on the top of my head.

my man

Oh yeah those are definitely great ones except for the Nep dub. I'm a kangaroo!

Can't stand Grandma goku in the games though I like Grandma Goku in other DB media.

PC doesn't get any good CE package for Nep games. I bet Vitafags must feel damn smug about it.

This work both ways, actually. People don't like the sound of foreign languages and then use their own preference as a objective fact.
As someone who speaks both English and Japanese and neither as a native language, I can assure you that there are little to no Japanese media that sound better when redubbed.

Even Nepgear can be smug.

>tfw BB dropped the dub

This game has so many fake deaths it's actually a turn-off

I want Nepgear to threaten me with a knife

Does this count?
amazon.com/Hyperdimension-Neptunia-Birth-Limited-Trilogy-Pc/dp/B01F04ZDQQ

Do Resident Evil games have Japanese dub these days? I remember the first game had Japanese dub recorded but it was never used because they wanted the experience to feel like a cheesy western action horror and they kept it like that for as long as I cared about the series.

dumb nep poster

Does it make me a weeb if I just like the way Japanese sounds better than English does? I speak both languages, I just prefer listening to Japanese, regardless of the quality.

I really, really hate weebs

*teleports behind you*

It's all personnel kid...

Sup Chink. Happy PRC birthday.
50 cent has been added to your account.

I know right?

So you'll always listen to the japanese version no matter what and won't even give the english version a chance?
Then yes you are a weeb.

KY yourself, Neptard

>your opinion that japanese voices sound better is invalidated if you don't understand japanese

We need a /vn/ board to contain these not games, visual novels are just lazy interactive cartoons anyway.

I never said I wouldn't give the english audio a chance, it's just I tend to go with Japanese because I just like the way the language sounds. It's also my native language, so I guess that gives me bias.

Exactly, people aren't allowed to have different tastes or opinions anymore. Fucking conservatives I swear...

Only if you don't go out of your way to listen things that were originally in English redubbed to Japanese. That would be weird.
Otherwise, if you can speak both languages, the original version is always an obvious choice.

I prefer the english audio in nep games. Neptunia atleast sounds alot better

>my opinion on rocket science as a marine biologist is better than those of rocket scientists

Original language is always best. There are always things lost in translation, no matter how good your translation team is.

Yes you are a weeb for being a Japanese who plays games in Japanese

>neo weeb normalfags defending dubs

To me it always depends on what I'm watching/playing

Like, I could never watch cowboy bebop in japanese, but I could never watch one punch man in english

nep's dub is better than the original

I don't know I don't play garbage games.

But I did

The only instance where you aren't being a weeb is if you are a native Japanese playing those games.
However, a native Nip playing MGS in English is a westaboo. No exception. (Even if Kojimbo's a Nip)

>How about you import the JP release if you want japanese voices then?

what if I still want to enjoy the story?

>implying you even know what weeb means

>implying you didn't try to beat the word sensor for weeaboo back when Christopher Poole was still known at moot.

You are not a Wapanese if you are actually Japanese.

I hate "ironic" weebs more than anything. Actual japan worshipping weebs are at least more interesting to talk to, every "ironic" weeb just acts the exact same as eachother.

Cred Forums is full of those ironic weebs.

Zero > Corsair
Japanese steel > Damascus steel
Yamato > Iowa

Mega actually did do that. DLC was free though, ain't like Compile Heart is fucking evil or something.

The 'Now' could use something more recent than Naruto. What anime do normalfags obsess over these days?

Japanese steel wasn't very good. The only reason katanas were so good they could slice western zweihander swords and broadswords in half with ease was because of the folding technique of the japanese blacksmith masters

A series with a partial dub is not one that you should use for your argument. It'd be even worse if you tried to claim an atelier dub was better.

Attack on titan is pretty much the new Naruto.

Flavor of the month anime that they forget quickly, just like with vidya.

I think they already moved on because S2 was delayed over and over again.

Actually screw that its probably Jojo. They are taking too long for S2 of AoT so most normalfags have forget about it.

Attack on Titan or Sword Art. To be honest though, there isn't really any anime topping the charts like Naruto anymore. Maybe One Piece, but that would be a stretch.

Every day I think 'I'll look at all the links in the daily Japanese thread tomorrow'

I'm worse.

At one point I knew about ~600 kanji (read and write), was able to have basic conversations about things.

I somehow stopped because reasons and forgot next to everything.

And one day flying witch will get a season 2.

More like this?