Vice News Article on Mafia 3

pastebin.com/raw/hHqN7q8P

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/raw/hHqN7q8P
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I intend on not playing it

tl;dr

Part of doing that was figuring out what we wanted to say about the Mafia in 1968. We didn't want to do something where it's strictly the sort of loving, historical [version of the mob] that we see so often in pop culture; this elevated piece of culture that's—

Like they almost valorize the mob?
Yeah. Like, I wouldn't say that we're deconstructing the Mafia, but we're using Lincoln as a perspective to look at them from the outside, to look at them through the issues you described, like systemic racism. What happens when the devaluation of black lives—the devaluation of an entire people—intersects with crime?

I hope there is fun gameplay in mafia 3 :3

>confront racism by saying it's okay to kill white people as long as they're racist.
>it's totally okay to kill racist people, their racism is worse than killing someone.

gameplay.....? did you say GAMEplay????

Good,i will buy this game for my wife's son!

>Battlefield 1 fucks with history
>Cred Forums complains

>Mafia3 actually tries address the real racism that existed during the 60s instead of glossing over it to stop anyone getting the prickly-wicklies
>Cred Forums complains

>pastebin.com/raw/hHqN7q8P
>austin walker

not even once

>game is good and doesn't try to address anything except good and fun gameplay
>?????

B-BUT IT'S CALLED MAFIA AND YOU'RE NOT AN ITALIAN GUY

IMAGINE IF YOU PLAYED A METROID GAME AND YOU WEREN'T A METROID

Is the justification for slaughtering thousands of people in any other open-world game any better?

>tfw he's not on the beastcast anymore
>tfw alex still is

>game's protagonist is not black
>game is about it's story
>game's protagonist is black
>game is always about racism, no matter what

>intersects with crime
You get a man going postal on the fucking city.

This. At least when you kill Nazis in games it's in a war setting and is justified on those grounds alone.

Go play Tetris, nigger.

Play Pac-Man if all you want is gameplay mechanics with no context.

>One of the weapons that Lincoln has is a "Screaming Zemi," which is a voodoo doll that you use to distract enemies in the game, because they are superstitious enough to believe that it has some real magical power. And when you throw one, the mobsters respond to those by saying something like, "It's that nigger magic!," or, it might've been "nigger shit" or "nigger voodoo!" but it's something like that. ( I wrote about this last month.)

the yellow man is very hungrey

We ain't allowed those no more.

other open world games don't try to justify shit, that's the way they should be.

stop trying to put in social problems and commentaries in fucking games.

That's the only narrative in the life of an American black. It's sad but true.

You've lost your mind

No, no, you don't understand, Cred Forums begging for the ~safe space~ of being able to gloss over realistic portrayals of racism and all it entails is fine, it's only when the SJWs do it that it's bad!

>"It's that nigger magic!," or, it might've been "nigger shit" or "nigger voodoo!"

XD

>caring about gameplay in 2016
I bet you play anime games to,racist.

>"It's that nigger magic!,"

If blacks simply didn't exist in the US we wouldn't even be having this conversation and society as a whole would be far better. Hell all blacks for that matter or even half-blacks, simply making it so that they can't have as many children would solve tons of problems

>it's that nigger magic

Did the driving change from release? I remember cars jumping through the air and looking ridiculous.

>all context needs to be racism and minorities regardless of genre/setting

and that's what's wrong with every game these days.

HAHAHAHAHA
>Kill all italians
>its not racist see, ur a balck guy!!!!

>franchise nobody would buy if it was given normal treatment
>every single journalism website praises SJW shit, while every single online community gets asshurt over it
>game gets a shitload of free publicity and sales
WAKE UP YOU FUCKING SHEEP, YOU ARE BEING PLAYED

>What's important to us is striking the right balance with it, so that it's not just a wall of noise. We've been very deliberate; we've done user tests. We've not only looked at it internally, but externally and through having other people play the game, so that we could see how it feels as a player to have racial slurs directed at you. And we've corrected somewhat, actually. At first, I actually fought for more [racial slurs] in the game, and I'm happy to say that we scaled it back a little bit from my initial version of it.

>"We keep talking about systemic racism, but systemic racism is still personal."—Charles Webb

>You know, I grew up in the South, my family grew up in the South. For a lot of white folks, the word "nigger" was just a noun. I think deploying the word in the way that it may have actually been used in the period would have probably just created a wall of noise for players. They would just ignore it. It just wouldn't matter.

At this point i forgot i was reading about a video game

I don't think it will succeed in making me buy it

It's amazing the mental gymnastics Cred Forums is using to defend the KKK

Literally all problems could've been avoided if they called the game Gangster: New Bordeaux.

But they didn't so fuck em.

>watchdogs comes out
>people have tons of fun posting webs of the mc killing jews, muslims, spics and niggers
>it's all good

>game with black mc comes out
>webms of mc killing """peaceful""" protesters
>everyone loses their shit

You're italian tho. This game is more of a sequel to Mafia 2 than Mafia 2 to 1.

How many more threads you going to make about this shit, Cred Forums?

Yes just what i care about, the struggles of black people in america
This game should still be made by czechs

>US BLACKS BE OPPRESSED N' SHIEET
>Why not leave then?
>u-uh no thanks nigga it aint so bad here m-muh dick

Do you guys really have a problem with interracial relationships? I'm a Dominican in a relationship with a white man, is thatw rong? Why?

I suspect you all need to go outside and make some friends instead of reading bullshit on the internet all day.

Cred Forums IS INVADING
Cred Forums IS INVADING
Cred Forums IS INVADING
Cred Forums IS INVADING

DESTROY ALL NAZIS, Cred Forums WILL NEVER TAKE OUR HOMELAND

Excuse me, the correct term is "african-american" magic.

Wasn't Watchdogs a new IP?

Or maybe he's arguing on a level higher than "Kill all bigots. They all deserve to die for not being accepting of other races"

>racism
Your retarded family takes mob money then stuffs them when they come to collect.

>confront racism

Can't you just murder everyone like in the other games? What's being confronted when you can just blow away your problems, black or white?

Difference is that watchdogs wasn't build as nazi-propaganda with a narrative stuffed down your throat, it was just internet nerds having a good time

Whites also aren't busy burning the country down in real life

>>Why not leave then?

So any dissatisfaction with your nation means you should leave rather than seeking change. You really are a fucking moron.

Presumably you'll leave when Hilary wins?

>confronting racism
>killing people for their political beliefs

the double speak is real

nobody cares about disgusting latinas' dating habits

Citing a constitutional right (peaceful assembly) and speaking out against vigilantism (which is illegal) is mental gymnastics?

>Cred Forums is now a niggerloving sjw fagfest

if i took a screenshot of this thread and posted it on Cred Forums 7 or 8 years ago i'd love to see the reactions.

it's amazing how normalfags completely invaded this place

>italian
>black

Yeah, well I'll give you that.

>said political beliefs involves lynching you and people like you for something you couldn't control

>THERE ARE ACTUAL FUCKING NAZIS TRYING TO TAKE OVER Cred Forums
>RIGHT
>NOW

PURGE THE FUCKIN' NAZ

KKK loved to hang niggers . do you think black people would be cucks and tell them we respect your beliefs

One of the most popular webm of Watchdogs in here is fucking edgy

Retards versus SWJ retards.

Whew what a great war

#notallKKK

>disgusting latinas

You're probably an extremely unfit and socially-awkward videogame-addict.

Jokes on them, no one is buying it.

absolutely, and if that is your criticism, I think it's fair. If you read these threads, though, that's not really what people care about.

>no one ever talks about how racist the first 2 Mafia games were
>3rd one is just as racist but the roles are reversed
>this is a serious slight to all humanity

There's nothing wrong with them. They're the only ones on this god given Earth that realize the plights humanity need to face and overcome by destroying blights.

Removing the majority of the minorities in major Countries would be a huge start. Minorities are overrunning countries, destroying them, raping people, and they don't have the proper IQ's to uphold the more complicated intricacies of society.

Blacks in the US is around 15% - 18% of the population but cause more then 80% of the crime.

Asians, Indians, Irish, Jews, any other god damn race has succeeded even with their difficulties but blacks? Lets just be the blight of the world

doesn't change what I said though :^)

so it should be legal to kill all Muslims?

>Vice
are they still sticking dildos up their butts?

Yes. Every game. Every game is political propoganda for the the ultra-left.

MGS5, Fallout 4, Bloodbourne, Just Cause 3, Call Of Duty, Mortal Kombat, Inside, Rocket League, Arkham Knight, Need For Speed, Yoshi's Wolly World, Pokemon, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Hitman, Far Cr Primal, Quantum Break, Dark Souls 3, Starfox Zero.

All of them infected by the evil SJWs!

Oh wait, none of them are.

Absolutely.

>Make players confront racism

Oh cool are we going to see how racist blacks are?

In otger open world games you murder people indiscriminately, here you target white people, but it's okay because #BLM

I wonder how the game's mechanics will fit with the narrative and its powerful themes of race or whatever, I hope it involves third person shooting and using cars and whatever else GTA last did

There is no cure for racism.

Take out all the Japanese games from that list, and you're correct about the leftist propaganda bit.

This would solve every problem. Not only that but make way for a whole new franchise mostly focused on african american characters, gangs and culture.

They should've done that.