Dungeon crawlers aren't real RPGs

>Dungeon crawlers aren't real RPGs
-Josh "The Cu-ckold" Sawyer

Is Cred Forums stupid enough to agree with this statement?

>game is a normal platformer or something
>"Yeah, that's a platformer"

>...that has dialogue choices
"WOOOOOOOOO YEAH! THIS IS THE TABLETOP EXPERIENCE!

he might be a complete beta faggot but like it or not hes actually right about the breastplate

The breastplate part is right though. Wearing an armor shaped like tits would just get you killed.

Should've posted the actual quote about wizardry which is rage inducing. I prefer the more advanced blobbers like Might and Magic 6 or Wizardry 8 though.

I asked the one person that is Cred Forums and he said he doesn't agree with this statement and that Josh literally whoever is a faggot and that OP is an even bigger faggot

Yet you cuckolds are perfectly okay with barbarians in loincloth panties

Kill yourselves

he's kinda right, that's why they are called dungeon crawlers

There's a difference between lack of armor and armor deliberately designed to make the blows slide right into your vitals.

I always see people say this but it seems like bullshit when musculata is a legitimate piece of armor people used. Besides people went into battle naked back in the day.

They were called comouter role playing games. Dungeon crawler is a subgenre and a thing in tabletop RPGs too.

computer*

It just seems to me that you're a gay cuckold that hates the sight of attractive female forms and doesn't say a peep about male characters that wear only loincloth panties

>stupid tit armor = attractive female form
So you gave up on ever seeing an actual female body and that's what you settled on?

Having a bunch of numbers going up and hit hit things isn't what an RPG should be but that's what the genre is pretty much defined as

On the other hand though there should be more RPGs grounded in a historical settings or at least not Forgotten Realms or generic Tolkienesque fantasy. If Josh Sawyer ever makes his historical fantasy game and halfasses it with a shitty cartoon aesthetic he will forever be a faggot in my eyes.

Except that's literally roots of RPG. Things like chainmail and dungeon crawl adventures existed before narrative driven p&p was popularized.

Yeah they were simplistic representations of quests you'd go on with your friends, which is why you had 4-6 party members in the first place

Some later ones added party banter to add the proper effect. I'd love to see one with characters interacting in the game and outside the game

tl;dr: Because he sucks at getting women in real life, he wants his characters to be as big of losers as he is

What about a sandbox stealth game that takes place during the times of Christ were you play a thief.

actually, the roots come from table top games.

Every game has numbers. Even platformers have simple and unshown numbers (an enemy needs 2 jumps on his head to kill him, not 1, thus has 2 HP).

So no, the foundation and roots of RPG is the turn based system. Everything else is an action game.

>tfw Conan usually work proper clothes and armor and only ran around in a loincloth during desperate times

I wish more people read the original Conan stories.

Are you intelligent enough to actually challenge it with more than name calling?

10 (you)s that this is the newest recurring thread of the guy who spams sawyer and witcher 3 hate threads.

I mean COME ON

I don't like Sawyer's writing, but OP's obsession with the dude is possibly the most pathetic thing on Cred Forums. And that's saying a lot.

Could work if the sandbox takes place in a small area.