Why would you ever buy a PS4 when this is still an option?

Why would you ever buy a PS4 when this is still an option?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/1561
youtube.com/watch?v=eo63IX2vZAM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because the PS3 has no games either.
I have one and all I have for it is DeS, Bayonetta and RDR.

Why would you buy that when PS2s exist

>DeS
>MGS4
>Gran Turismo
>All the PS2 HD remasters

persona5 box?

why would you buy a PS3 when PS2 exists

i already own a ps3 but really i just used it to play some ps2 remasters and mgs4

PS3 launch models can play PS2 games.

Why no Wipeout?

why would you buy a ps2 when a ps1 exist?

OP posted a super slim though

Literally the first result on Google
Even the slims though can play any of the remasters

this is why being a generation behind is a good thing. 7th gen prices is at their lowest point right now

why buy a ps2 when you can emulate it?

Why would you buy a ps1 when Super Nintendo exists?

Because the emulation has been shit for a while.
Though now it looks like they're finally fixing the mipmapping issues that plagued most games.

Source?

github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/1561

quad games

They both have awful rpg selection. I only use the ps3 as an mgs machine.

To be honest I only liked PS1 and PSP. PS2 had few games outside of fighting games and turn/tactical jrpgs but it's kinda empty when you have other consoles. The rest of Sony systems make me indifferent and I don't feel like I'm missing much.

2, 3, and psp is the master race, you don't need any of sonys 1st gen or latest gen bullshit.

I bought my first console a week ago, and its was a PS3, no money for 4
I hoped I could hack it, but I bought a SS so now I have to buy games which I don't have money for
But the demos are nice

imo the ps1 had better original games than ps2, i always felt that the best ps2 games were just sequels/spiritual successors to ps1 games

you probably think garbage like MGS is worth playing

nah, nice projection though

What's wrong with Metal Gear Solid? Please use coherent reasoning in your response.

This. Like a third of PS4's library is PS3 games anyways. PS4 is going on 3 years old and I still struggle to see the point of its existence given what's been done with it.

why would buy a console when rocks exist?

It's an outdated piece of shit.

>Cred Forums's favorite and only real joke for years was that the PS3 had no games
>now it magically was a great system with tons of games because people are bitter of the wildfire success of the PS4 this gen

I heard that super slim is poorly made and has moving parts made of plastic. Can anyone confirm?

But if I could go back in time I'd get a PS3 over a ps4.

>outdated
I just played through 1-4 this past week for the first time and they're some of the best games I've ever played. And that's compared to the many other games that came out from 2000 to '10 that I've been playing recently and could barely tolerate for more than 15 minutes.

unga bunga rockstop, etc.

Oh no, PS3 is still a wasteland of inferior multiplats and few exclusives. It's just all at a price that's worth paying for now, both the console and the games, plus PSN discounts for the thing tend to be pretty good. And on top of that, it's still getting some games even now. I do not regret waiting until after PS4 was out to get a PS3.

Oh you, so jaded.

3D Dot Game Heroes on ANYTHING BUT THE PS3 WHEN???

Oh well. Guess I'll just set up the ps3.

'PS3 has no games' was a serious at first, then became a meme, then kind of a classic joke. Began to lose it's meaning here around 2010 if I recall right. PS3 was generally the accepted console by then.

I never touched MGS until earlier this year. I've only gotten around to 1 and 2 but they're definitely better than the average game these days. Hell, I'd even say they out-experience the modern Sony game while still being competent games. The fuck is this industry doing when nearly 20 year old games can still blow current shit the fuck out at its own game?

Things changed around 2010 because not only had Sony finally started to turn the PS3 around but MS got caught in its own Kinect trap that very year. Meanwhile, it was around this time that Wii's casual appeal began running low on steam. 2010 was a massive turn around in the industry as to who wore the pants in the gen. Prior to 2010, shit like this actually had a point:

youtube.com/watch?v=eo63IX2vZAM

MGS is no different from modern moviegames.

I kind of implied that, except they're actually good.

They're both derivative afterthoughts.

Because no gaems isn't just a meme. Bought a modded one awhile back, thought I was gonna go through 30+ games n shit

Only ended up playing Demon's Souls

Nah, MGS has decent mechanics, good boss battles, and a pretty novel approach to third-person action for its time. AI could be better but eh, nothing's perfect.

MGS's mechanics are... OK. Controls outside of 3D are a little loose but passable.
The boss fights are trash, caring more about presentation than actually being enjoyable to fight.

Won't deny that they care more about presentation but I've definitely encountered worse in games I enjoy more. Boss fights like Sniper Wolf, the hand-to-hand fight with Liquid, Fatman, and Vamp were pretty enjoyable in their own right IMO.

>Because no gaems isn't just a meme

you have shit taste desu