Those people that go "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I WANT TO BE NEUTRAL! WHY DOESN'T THIS GAME ALLOW ME TO BE NEUTRAL!!?!?!...

>Those people that go "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I WANT TO BE NEUTRAL! WHY DOESN'T THIS GAME ALLOW ME TO BE NEUTRAL!!?!?!? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" in an RPG

Is there anything more pathetic?

And to all you neutralfags, please post some compelling choices (or non-choices) a neutral character could make.

you can be neutral in these games
you just fail every paragon/renegade check

I like making good and evil choices when they suit me, and neutral choices when both options suck.

>this thread again

If the True Demon Ending of Nocturne wasn't objectively the best ending, I would have chosen the Freedom ending.

I currently don't remember. Was not curing the genophage renegade in ME3?

Yup.

>Played kotor2 as a red aligned guy
>Most evil choices are kinda dickish and evil in a reasonable way, not much evil for the sake of evil
>Decide to replay as a space messiah
>Realize how hard it is to take some light side choices, like not doing the whole smuggling sidequest
Really blue/red done right.
>Meanwhile bioware goes and totally fucks up jades empire's everything

>good choices
>I will use all my money to feed every fucking dying person in this building, effectively leaving me broke but it's okay because they'll reward me eventually with some shitty items
>evil choices
>I will fucking murder everyone in this building and steal their shit

It's not about being neutral, it's about the other options being poorly written extremes.

>bar brawl
>good guy splits it up
>bad guy joins in
>neutral guy walks away

I hate the Swiss as much as any intelligent person, but you're arguing in favor of only having two binary conversation options.

>RPG encouraging players to be either good or evil

into the trash it goes

How many times must you be reported?

>neutral guy stands there repeatedly stating that he doesn't want to get involved in the fight, in between his various sales pitches wherein he asks nearby people to invest in his bank.

Fix'd

I've never seen this in a game

Not even close

Someones an angry neutralfag

>Game has neutral option
>Literally good option except with extra rewards.

>A game made by SJW's encouraging polarized all or nothing thinking.

Color me surprised!

>wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh you HAVE to be either good or bad, THERE'S NO INBETWEEN
You're a retard OP.

It's less that I want to be neutral and more I don't want my actions to immediately be qualified as "GOOD GUY POINTS" or "BAD GUY POINTS". I know Paragon and Renegade are not supposed to be Light Side vs Dark Side but it really takes away the pressure of making a choice if I know one is the "paragon" choice and the other is the "renegade" choice rather than one being forcefully indoctrinating a group to obey the whims of the majority vs killing them off.

This thread again, oh boy

really goes to show the state of the user base on this shit hole that you can copy paste a thread almost every day for 6 months and still get replies every time

>there are people who didn't cure the genophage after Mordin's breakdown.

If that ain't evil, I don't know what is.

If you incentivize binary moral options it basically makes the game more linear, which goes against of the idea of having C&C in the first place.
Hence why I don't like moral systems in games. C&C tends to retain some thought process if there are 3+ mutually exclusive factions instead of choosing whether you want to be a blind altruist from the start or not.

Wanting peace and a prospering galaxy isn't evil though.

But you can play neutral in ME and it gives better results than playing either or.

"Every option being a shit one" is almost as bad.

>not stopping the space mudslimes

Ever played a bioware game?

Go to bed Zapp Brannigan. And the problem is that most moral choice systems force you to act in the exact same way regardless of the situation. If you see a girl on the street trying to get her cat out of a tree, it doesn't make any god damned sense to shoot the girl, steal the cat, and sell it for money. But if I want all the rewards that go down the evil/ renegade/ infamous/ badass/ whatever the fuck path then I have to select that option versus, I don't know, acting like a reasonable human being.

>If you see a girl on the street trying to get her cat out of a tree, it doesn't make any god damned sense to shoot the girl, steal the cat, and sell it for money
Name 2 games where this happens.

That's a funny joke

The joke is you people keep memeing without having actually played the game.

>I have never played a game with a morality system

Fuck off nig

the more times you make this thread the more you'll convince Cred Forums that people who hate neutral options are actually just autistic

Except that's objectively wrong because if you don't go full Paragon or full Renegade then you can't diffuse the ship arguments which means you have a greater chance of losing squadmates during the Suicide Mission. Which makes no fucking sense but whatever.

Trying to playing Neutral in ME is just fucking stupid and penalizes you by actually taking away dialogue options. Maybe you should go back and play any Mass Effect game to see how wrong you are. Most of the time they're just the exact same as one of the other options, but you don't get points. Shit, they even took out a lot of neutral options for ME3.

Binary moral choice systems in games overlooks the complex decisions we make in real life.

The best system is not one that measures your personal morality, but one that measures your relationships with different people and factions. Your actions can affect how they treat you and even turn them into pure enemies if you anger them enough.

Name 325 games where this doesn't.

>Except that's objectively wrong because if you don't go full Paragon or full Renegade then you can't diffuse the ship arguments

But I went neutral and I defused both.

Again, false. You get way more options playing both sides than sticking to one, over ME1 and ME2.
Maybe actually try it instead of repeating what Cred Forums says.

Have you played a modern bioware game?

>evil choice is supposed to be about taking all the power you can
>the good choice gives you more and better stuff

Bioshock was shit

>Neutral guy starts taking bets on who will win walking home with a nice chunk of cash for his efforts.

Fixed it bros.

>You get way more options playing both sides
That's not neutral though. You're still just playing either Blue Shepard with some red or Red Shepard with some blue. There is no "Nuetral" in Mass Effect.

Not him but

>Bioshock
>The only way to release the children to a good home is to not harvest a single one
>If you harvest even one child then you go to take over the fucking world
>If you harvested all of them then you still take over the world, but you do it angrier

>Infamous
>Your choices are to either be a true hero who rescues everyone or turn into electric Satan who zaps people for looking at you wrong

You play whatever choice suits you when you want to. That's pretty neutral. There isn't always a third option to every confrontation, plenty of them are pretty binary. I guess you can choose not to do anything, doesn't seem very fun though.

>Is there anything more pathetic?
Yeah, idiots who think """"choices"""" being some arbitrary binary dichotomy is in any way acceptable.

The idea of a "good" and "evil", even a "neutral", choice, is retarded because it gives lazy developers an excuse to only offer 2-3 choices for the player. And the player should make choices without the dev holding their hand and telling them which choice is moral and which is immoral.

Nigga. I demand at least 10 responses to any give situation so that I can properly define my character. I'm not here to play the character YOU want me to play. I'm here to play the character I want to play.

If you want to circle jerk with your fanfiction go do it some where else that isn't a role playing game.

You still have to commit mostly to one side because otherwise you won't be getting the max dialogue options, and you always have to pick either a top option or a bottom option, making the actual Neutral options in the game pointless because they actually give you no points.

You're still either playing a Paragon Shepard or a Renegade Shepard that just happen to do things that give you points for the other side. So really, you're just being a schizophrenic asshole.
Playing actual Neutral in ME is garbage because speech options are tied to good guy/bad guy points.

The whole geneophage subplot was garbage because they changed how Genophage worked between games depending on who they wanted you to root for more

>You still have to commit mostly to one side
No, you don't. I went practically split down the middle, a little more paragon. There was not a single confrontation I couldn't go either paragon or renegade, majority of the times I could go both.
>making the actual Neutral options in the game pointless
Those aren't neutral options, they're less strong versions of the good and bad options.

>So really, you're just being a schizophrenic asshole.
Not at all. There's situations that can call for you being a hardass, there's situations that call for you being understanding or kind. If you stick to a single one, you're not making dialog choices, you picked a color at the start of the game and thick-headedly stuck with it because you wanted to minmax.

>Mass Effect
opinion discarded

See you just highlighted why morality systems are fucking worthless.

Morality systems only work if the game understands your INTENT. Yes you just killed a guy. But WHY? If you killed him to take his stuff that's pretty evil. Did you do it because he had food he wouldn't share and you are literally dying of starvation? Well that's pretty neutral. You asked first and acted in desperation to save your life. You didn't exactly want to. Did you kill him to save a man he was about to kill? Well that sounds pretty good to me.

As is the game only understand that you killed the man. Thus you are branded by whatever the game decides to brand you with. This problem is why we have the over the top polarization. Of super Jesus and literal Hitlers. The game cant handle anything else.

Untill games get smart enough to understand your intentions morality systems need to be put on the shelf. Just have a list of responses and actions and let the player do what they do.

Maybe you should actually go back and play the games, because you can't play split down the middle.
>A little more paragon.
Bullshit.

Well yeah. In the 9 point morality system popularized by DnD and the like "Neutral" is not a balance of good and evil. Its putting your self first. You shoot the trader for his food when you are broke and hungry. You ask for money for your work rather than doing it for free. Being "Neutral" is putting yourself first above all else.

This is why it seems like "Good but with more rewards" Because most of the time it is. Your willing to go kill that bear that's eating children. You just will do it for money rather than being a good guy.

Neutral is there only logical choice but I guess a retard like you wouldn't understand that. Not everything is black and white.

From what I heard, Planescape Torment actually has it so some lines could either be said truthfully or as a lie.

Which is a step in the right direction but is still very limited in scope and in modern games its always the "evil" option. Because again the game cant understand why you lie only that you are.