Do video games actually have to be fun?

Do video games actually have to be fun?

No, they have to be entertaining

No, but that doesn't mean I have to play the ones I don't find fun or like them.

Define fun

No, they have to be interesting

sauce NOW

Nothing has to be anything you dumb cuck

yamotogawa

/thread

Fun is a buzzword

I wonder how many gallons of semen ive shot to this doujin

fun is the worst meme in the history of video games

How can something be entertaining but not fun

>game gets happier when you ignore it

It would be nice

Video games.

Not him, but a good example is Grand Strategy. It's not fun, but it's enjoyable/entertaining. RTS generally are too, but shifts into fun mode when you're smashing dozens/hundreds of units into each other, something Grand Strategy doesn't do.

and buzz is a funword

Horror games aren't fun but are entertaining.
Games that tackle serious issues can be entertaining while not fun. I greatly enjoyed This War of Mine but I would never call it fun.

Video games should be fun.

s a u c e

I smell NTR.

I fapped so many times I just downloaded it, which I've never done for any other doujin.

>Horror games aren't fun but are entertaining.

GOOD horror games are fun and thrilling as shit dude.

>game is neither fun nor entertaining

>jerkoff comic novice posting near me

If you go by the by-the-letter definition, which defines "fun" as something along the lines of "attention-holding", there's no difference.

The colloquial definition, which I'm pretty sure is the one used ~99% of the time here, is different. Colloquially, "fun" means something closer to "makes me feel happy/fulfilled", and it's very possible for something to be engaging without improving your mood or empowering you. Good horror games elicit a feeling of dread and powerlessness, well-written or otherwise clever narrative-driven games can intrigue you, challenging games of any genre can push you to your limits and feel torturous until you've finally overcome them.

nice hat

Fun is subjective, that's why it's a fucking useless buzzword used to defend games with no redeeming qualities.