Is this the first time Cred Forums is complaining about a game for NOT having enough diversity?

Is this the first time Cred Forums is complaining about a game for NOT having enough diversity?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/Xqd7F
youtube.com/watch?v=gHP9aAeMU_s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shy guy lives matter.

Second, probably. Sticker Star was first.
And if Dream Team and Paper Jam apply, then it's the fourth.

>Dream Team
> no original characters

Pretendos, everyone.

So Dream Team doesn't apply, then. My bad.

fuck off underaged

DID SOMEBODY SAY DIVERSITY.
>Uses as an excuse to dump concept art in an active thread.

Rock Paper Wizard

Huey.

>Those top 3
Man, that would've been pretty neat instead of "animated inanimate object."

And, Last but not least, Bowser guest starring the Black Paint

It kinda makes sense with what they wanted to do, but I still like the Night Bat and wish that the other jars/inkwell were natives.

So many people on here had such a 180 about this game, it's kind of surprising.

Looking at these makes me angry because it would have made the game more interesting
Makes me think why they rejected these designs, and it shows SOME of the devs want to make something original, but can't
Tanabe needs to be fired

>Bucket Huey makes sense
I do agree, but to be honest, if they had chosen a Bat or even a Paint phial/ink well early on, they could have easily shifted it to work just as well.
And I definitely agree, Paint People would have been a great addition, after all, it is an island dedicated to paint, so why not have segments that could only be described as a "Painted World" full of people who made it?

It kinda reminds me of how Kersti implies that Sentient stickers and whatnot are the main species on the Sticker Star, but we never get a glimpse of it at all.
Even after Huey was finalized as a bucket, having these characters around (not so miserable, or maybe so considering the circumstances) would help make Toads stand out a bit more and give more identity to the game.

All of those look like shit. I prefer regular Huey tbqh senpai.

>Makes me think why they rejected these designs, and it shows SOME of the devs want to make something original, but can't

The designs weren't that good though. They shouldn't accept any old crap design just because its different otherwise you get Super Paper Mario.

Yes but these are still better than SPM
And are you implying the ghost sheet toad is better than gloveworld toad?

Wait I fucked that up, I meant the opposite
glove is worse than the sheet

well yeah the Glove Toad design is better than a Toad wearing a sheet or a cheap Dooplighost reference.

Here is all the concept art: imgur.com/a/Xqd7F

What if, next Paper Mario game is dubbed "Toad Time"
>Features Paper Mario traveling through time investigating a massive influx of Toads everywhere
>At the end of it, you fight a Bowser made up of every entity in the world that isn't a Toad as Toad Mario and set free all the captive races

Thanks.

THESE ARE ALL SUPERIOR TO THE FINAL PRODUCT

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?

How long will Pretendos keep up this charade?

There is nothing wrong with Nintendo.

I wish I could see through your deluded eyes, cody
I miss when I used to have fun

>"I have no standards so I'll just be contrary and hope people confuse it for taste."

If anyone here has already finished the game, how long did it take you?

if cape bowser didn't have the inverted eye color I think it'd be usable as long as the cape turned into something else

Took me about 33 hours.

25-30 hours
It is fun sometimes but battles are a drag

Some people pointed out that it would look awkward from a sideview.
That said, I fully support reusing something like that design elsewhere.

>wanting generic toads over original characters
As long as they aren't SPM-tier I'll gladly accept them

I'd rather have Goombas/Koopas/Boos/Piantas/etc than OC NPCs

I just finished Paper Jam and fuck were there a lot of toads in that game
Who in nintendo thinks people like toad so badly
I hate you toad

I have no problem with existing species, but if you want people to remember a character give them more than just quirky dialogue
It bothered me that the green toad at the train workshop place was just a generic green toad instead of having a hat or clothes like the train condutor to say he is in charge, or that the mountain sage was literally a yellow toad without anything else
The train condutor, pirate capitains, shades toads, museum guy, and shy bandit were a step in the right direction, since you can easily remember them besides their dialogue/quirks because of their appearance

fuck off underaged

Thanks for the info, I'm assuming that's while taking your time. Game seems longer than I thought.

Nintendo needs to watch some Fairly Oddparents when it comes to the Toad thing.

Is this the future of the Paper Mario series?
youtube.com/watch?v=gHP9aAeMU_s

Color splash added a few more unique characters but it's still far from what it was in PM64

They've already made Same Game.

>OC NPCs
They're just called characters/NPCs you flaming faggot. Only in a Paper Mario thread do unique character designs get called "le OC donuts xP" as if putting a tiny bit of effort into making a new enemy species or NPC is some kind of degenerate practice.

Sorry, when I play a Mario game I want to see Mario characters as NPCs.

Anything in a Mario game is a Mario character by association, loser

Established Mario characters then.

Do you see this as an OC?

No, I recognize them from 3D World.

>ant trooper is in 3D world
>what the fuck is this disgusting OC shit
>ant trooper is in Paper Jam
>ah yes, a true established Mario character, perfect

Stop replying to that baiting retard.

Just report him and hope for the best

Silent enemies with no plot bearing =/= NPCs

How about Shroobs?

it's not about diversity you fucking memer
it's about the developers being fucking lazy and uncreative and copy pasting shitty toads and the whole game having the shit gameplay straight outta sticker star because miyamoto fucked it instead of the good shit in paper marrio and thousand year door

They'll never appear outside of M&L

It's an actual Mario style design so it doesn't bother me. AlphaDream OCs have always felt more at home in Mario than IS's do

>color splash
>no "original" characters
t. Actual Pretendo

S T O P
T
O
P

Why was captain toad not even in game as a cameo?
Why didn't they even include anything new from 3D world in CS besides the dragon (even if it's more from captain toad)?
Paper Jam did it and even brought back chargin' chucks. Would like to see them in paper style

Actual line from Color Splash

I dunno, aside from the Koopalings Draggadon Dino Rhino and a few others there were very few new 'paperized' characters in CS.

Miyamoto is the instigator, but not main problem.

He IS the main problem. They were going to make a thousand year door esque game and he said stop.

Yeah but even then the gameplay could be still better than what it is, and we could have more characters besides toad
That part was tanabe that fucked up

lol yeah all those lines are from the circuit tent when all the red rescue toads line up. it's hilarious

>the part that should be fun is a drag.
Shit game

I know people a bit torn about this criticism that keeps coming up, but also Tanabe is the reason the paper gets so much focus now.

The most fun you'll get is in the overworld or during Roy's and Wendy's battles
The battles are just "please just end soon" and you can't flee since fleeing is 100% RNG. You can't mash A like past games to increases chances of fleeing and even against low level shy guys you'll fail
And no, the hammer exp doesn't make up for it because after you reach 200 or so it doesn't even matters anymore

>says while he endlessly defends other m like no tommorrow

Stop?

All he said its looks like a port of ttyd

Dont deny, the prototype literally had the sticker elements SS had outside the suspicious chain chomp partner

No. Miyamoto said the game was just a port of the GC version, and that he said another game like the first two PM games is fine to make. It was Tanabe who wanted to do it.

Stop changing the realism to your own subjectivism.

Idk

It's not just about designs but story, tone, mood, everything. TTYD and 64 are silly, but there's a sense of progression and adventure storywise. It's catchy and makes you feel like you're doing awesome stuff, i.e. becoming a wrestling champion, solving mysteries and stuff like that.

There's nothing of that in CS. Just fucking paper jokes.

CS had some good places like the pirate saga, the train stuff and dark bloo inn
But overral it wasn't a great adventure like the old games

Yeah it had some nice level-contained stuff, but it's not the same as characters who get to do and say stuff.

Diversity in designs for the sake of having more visually interesting and unique characters is a good thing.
Diversity by slapping black skin on a character for no reason is the same as the different colors of toads: Yeah, it's different, but it doesn't mean jack shit other than a different color.

I refuse

also niggers aren't really interesting

They showed images at e3, then Miyamoto played the prototype.
He said it was just a port and upended the tea table. When Miyamoto is negative about something it mean it must be changed.

So as you can see the team, after that meeting said they hadn't thought up any new things and they landed on stickers.

Miyamoto is to blame because after he became a brand everything has to be about his childhood or something he likes doing in his spare time.

>laughs
>so my grandchildren decorated everything with these stickers
>laughs
>so there is where you got the idea
>yes I thought good stickers can change the world and fight bad stickers
>laughs

I wish they'd kept the artstyle since it reminded me of PM64

It's sad we went from that, to this and then the final game. I still want my fucking Chain Chomp partner & the King Mole looks like a funny battle. Also was there any reason at all to get rid of that card area?

If that's true, then he would never say that Tanabe were allowed to make the game like the first two Paper Mario games.

But the thing is, he has nothing against with Mario RPGs games, since he never has any relation in the developments. The point I'm trying to make is that Miyamoto might be related to the problem, but he never was the one to come up with, especially when his least favorite character is Toad. Tanabe is the one who should be blamed about this.

Also, I would like to know a source about how Miyamoto is considered "the brand".

You don't need a source for that. He has years of experience and many games under his belt, people respect him. And with japanese culture being about respecting your elders/superiors above all else, his word is above the law

do toads show up in spm at all?

Toad himself appears at the very beginning and the last Catch Card is of Toad.

One does in the intro to tell Mario & Luigi Peach has been kidnapped & I think the last Catch Card you get is Toad. It's weird how we went from nearly none to him everywhere.

SPM is 95% weird shapes.